BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 52 1 2 3 4 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about we talk about schools outside the top 20, you know where 95% of our girls actually play?

Okay. What programs are on the rise? What programs have the best chance to constantly be a Top 20 program? What programs are trending down?

Look for Gardner Webb to jump up this year

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about we talk about schools outside the top 20, you know where 95% of our girls actually play?

Okay. What programs are on the rise? What programs have the best chance to constantly be a Top 20 program? What programs are trending down?

They were 0-18 last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Runnin Bulldogs are for real this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They couldn't beat a HS team but even as the worst team in college its still division 1 with scholarship money!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They couldn't beat a HS team but even as the worst team in college its still division 1 with scholarship money!

Proof positive that there is no shortage of A$@ H@&$€ on this site. Some of you freaks attack everything that is posted. Not only do you morons attack the best players, programs and schools out of jealousy and hate. You also attack and poke fun at any player , program or school that you believe is somehow below your daughter, her school or her program. What a bunch of sick lunatics you are. It must be very difficult for some of you to make it through the day.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pulling for SB but smart move by SC making this a night game. Yes think SC playing already is big advantage. Battle of two top 5 teams USC 10-7 win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets breakdown the Cleveland Browns, too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No science here at all. Just someone who watches a lot of games. I think Elon will trend down. Had a good run last year but lost a star goalie who kept them in many games. ODU will trend down as well. Lost some strong seniors. Fairfield might be up a little, Marquette should be up also as last year they dipped and early goalie choice last year cost them some games. High Point looks to be strong again and may break top 20. They are a fast aggressive tea. UMass always surprises me. When I see them play, they never look great but always seem to be ranked high. Villanova should be a little better but those girls still hate their coach and that will continue to cause morale problems. As for Gardner -Webb...they can only go up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pulling for SB but smart move by SC making this a night game. Yes think SC playing already is big advantage. Battle of two top 5 teams USC 10-7 win

I would bet Spallina had them practicing at night all week long, lets not start with excuses before the game is even played. btw I think they win easily

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How impactful are all the coaching changes at the mid level schools? Do they matter? Seems like more and more every year

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would bet Spallina had them practicing at night all week long, lets not start with excuses before the game is even played. btw I think they win easily

No matter how this game finishes up and no matter how good or not USC actually ends up being this year, it is safe to say the impact of the return of a healthy Courtney Murphy was way underestimated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would bet Spallina had them practicing at night all week long, lets not start with excuses before the game is even
played. btw I think they win easily

No matter how this game finishes up and no matter how good or not USC actually ends up being this year, it is safe to say the impact of the return of a healthy Courtney Murphy was way underestimated.

Coaching , coaching , coaching .

Ally Kennedy is a game changer.

The anouncers are very hard to listen to.

USC will not beat a well coached team.

Stony Brook is very good but USC is not a well coached team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Announcers for the USC /, SBU game were terrible.

USC very poorly coached.

Stony Brook well coached.

Transition for stony Brook was excellent.

SBU offense very unselfish. Ball movement, spacing, timing and approach all very good and well coordinated and executed (Coaching).

USC offense stagnant and just flat out bad.

SBU will have trouble with s well coached team that can control the Draw.

Kennedy is s difference maker for SBU.

Final Four should be fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would bet Spallina had them practicing at night all week long, lets not start with excuses before the game is even
played. btw I think they win easily

Coaching , coaching , coaching .

Ally Kennedy is a game changer.

The anouncers are very hard to listen to.

USC will not beat a well coached team.

Stony Brook is very good but USC is not a well coached team.

What was with the announcers referring to certain players as "the transfers" and calling other players by their first name? very strange. Did the announcers resent the "transfer" players? Who were the announcers? Did they play at USC? USC coaching is 10 years behind. The outcome of this game was mostly coaching although SBU did appear to have more depth as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USC very poorly coached.

SBU offense very unselfish. Ball movement, spacing, timing and approach all very good and well coordinated and executed (Coaching).

USC 8 yellow cards. Kerrigan Miller out half way thru first half. And still only 14-10. SBU is good, but if they don't solve the draw, they are going nowhere. USC is a top 15-20 team, not a top 10. Did not see anything tonight that changed my opinion of SBU. They are a very good offensive team, although they get a little too hot doggy and started turning the ball over w dumb btb passes etc. They are a good defensive team scheme wise, but individually aren't all that impressive and did nothing on the ride. Goalie is average. They may lose in the round of 8 again. I know that's not what all u homers think, but thems the facts. With 8 (or was it 9) man up possessions and the other teams best player out for 3/4s of the game, the score should be 17-7. It will be interesting to see how they do at Northwestern if Shelby Fredericks is healthy and back on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USC very poorly coached.

They have an extremely mediocre non-conference schedule for the "#2" team in the country. And their conference teams are really bad. They get hurt come tournament time by not playing better competition. Not really their fault, but is what it is. No UNC, Maryland, Syracuse, Florida (this yr) etc. They could go undefeated and you still won't know really what they have until later in the NCAAs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB was very fast versus SC. I agree many cards can influence game but SB was much better team.

SB transition from Defense to offense was great. Also, which I could never figure out in women’s game why more teams don’t do it, SB destroyed SC from attacking from behind the cage. SB ball movement was fast. A zone can’t keep up with it. Against zone the key is ball movement.

If you have good attackers, bring it behind and cut. Simple draw and dump. Hard to cover a cutter in girls game based on rules, and hard to stop someone one on one without help. So if you have no help defense because defender is covering cutter it opens up 1v1 with defender. Two options tough to stop. Boys game does it all day long. Teams better prep for SB behind goal attack as not many teams do this, or have attackers that can do it in college game now. All I see is attacking from up top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB was very fast versus SC. I agree many cards can influence game but SB was much better team.

SB transition from Defense to offense was great. Also, which I could never figure out in women’s game why more teams don’t do it, SB destroyed SC from attacking from behind the cage. SB ball movement was fast. A zone can’t keep up with it. Against zone the key is ball movement.

If you have good attackers, bring it behind and cut. Simple draw and dump. Hard to cover a cutter in girls game based on rules, and hard to stop someone one on one without help. So if you have no help defense because defender is covering cutter it opens up 1v1 with defender. Two options tough to stop. Boys game does it all day long. Teams better prep for SB behind goal attack as not many teams do this, or have attackers that can do it in college game now. All I see is attacking from up top.

Don't disagree w any of that. But tell me then, why with USCs best player out with 2 cards early and USC w 8 cards overall (leading to at least 4 maybe 5 goals) was the score only 14-10? I think the answer is mainly that SB has a major problem on the draw. In my opinion, they just played a team that should not be ranked in the top 10 and did not look as dominant as they should have if they want to win a national championship. Maryland wins that game by 10.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Announcers were terrible
I think USC is well coached just SB defense is that good
SB offense executed well in first half
Both teams have some major issues ,SB will not beat a top team if the draw is not better, difficult to win without a top goalie especially if there is no back up goalie. USC is simply just not that talented and has no depth. Miller would have helped but not a difference maker on offense which is where they needed the help in this game.Both teams play a weak schedule ,USC has a very weak schedule overall so neither are prepared for back to back big games come the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USC very poorly coached.

They have an extremely mediocre non-conference schedule for the "#2" team in the country. And their conference teams are really bad. They get hurt come tournament time by not playing better competition. Not really their fault, but is what it is. No UNC, Maryland, Syracuse, Florida (this yr) etc. They could go undefeated and you still won't know really what they have until later in the NCAAs.

Haters will hate. SBU goes cross country and smacks around USC in a game that everyone predicted USC would win. But..........You somehow want to point out that their non-conf schedule isn't good enough. Non-conf schedules are made sometimes years in advance so stop with the schedule stuff. SBU was better in almost every phase of the game. Its early in season lets see how it plays out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There aren't a ton of good coaches out there. Add USC to the list. Florida could have 2 national championships if someone like Spalina was their coach.

Same thing in club ball. Teams with the best athletes win in spite of their coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree. Will also add you should be attacking from all over the field (behind, wing, corners, top etc...). spacing, off ball movement and timing must be coordinated in order for offense to be effective against good team defense. One on one dodging with off ball players getting in the way will not work. Standing still trying to feed is also ineffective and will result in unforced turnovers.

Stony Brook clearly the better coached team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USC very poorly coached.

USC 8 yellow cards. Kerrigan Miller out half way thru first half. And still only 14-10. SBU is good, but if they don't solve the draw, they are going nowhere. USC is a top 15-20 team, not a top 10. Did not see anything tonight that changed my opinion of SBU. They are a very good offensive team, although they get a little too hot doggy and started turning the ball over w dumb btb passes etc. They are a good defensive team scheme wise, but individually aren't all that impressive and did nothing on the ride. Goalie is average. They may lose in the round of 8 again. I know that's not what all u homers think, but thems the facts. With 8 (or was it 9) man up possessions and the other teams best player out for 3/4s of the game, the score should be 17-7. It will be interesting to see how they do at Northwestern if Shelby Fredericks is healthy and back on the field.

Well, some facts and some opinions. SBU goalie had 10 saves and 50% save percentage, that is above average, you can compare to last years top goalies. SBU played against one of the best goalies in the country, they score more against a weaker goalie. First game of the year with cross continent travel, it was a great result. Agreed on draw control as a first game issue and can do without the hot dog stuff as well. How do you define going nowhere, do they have to win a title in your definition of somewhere?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USC very poorly coached.

Well, some facts and some opinions. SBU goalie had 10 saves and 50% save percentage, that is above average, you can compare to last years top goalies. SBU played against one of the best goalies in the country, they score more against a weaker goalie. First game of the year with cross continent travel, it was a great result. Agreed on draw control as a first game issue and can do without the hot dog stuff as well. How do you define going nowhere, do they have to win a title in your definition of somewhere?

Many of those USC shots were not good. Inflated the save percentage. It’s really just the eyeball test. She’s a decent/good goalie, not great. For the #2 team in the country, there is only one result that matters, a National championship. I don’t see them winning it. They are good. Very good. But I think their flaws will be exposed in the NCAAs like they have been each year so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Murphy with Ohmiller sisters is going to be the offense of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last week it was JMU and Towson upsetting two of the top programs..
Will there be any major upsets this week?
What team has the best chance?

Last week it was JMU and Towson upsetting two of the top programs..
Will there be any major upsets this week?
What team has the best chance?

I’ll go Lehigh over PSU. PSU struggles on
the back end, Lehigh had 18 last week and these teams had a very close game in the fall for whatever that means and any if they start to trail, Lions may tighten up.

Can't see it.

PSU 14 Lehigh 13 Ref calls off tying goal w 16 seconds to for follow through which wasn’t even. Horrible! Theft

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USC very poorly coached.

Completely agree with the hotdog comments!
Worst part of it is you see more and more of this unnecessary BTB crap in the younger girls game. We have girls on club and HS teams who can’t put up a normal high percentage shot up anymore. Every shot has to be a ridiculous BTB, under hand, between the legs circus show. There is a Spallina/SBU influence on many of the impressionable LI girls, and it is very hard to watch these hotdogs, just play the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USC very poorly coached.

Many of those USC shots were not good. Inflated the save percentage. It’s really just the eyeball test. She’s a decent/good goalie, not great. For the #2 team in the country, there is only one result that matters, a National championship. I don’t see them winning it. They are good. Very good. But I think their flaws will be exposed in the NCAAs like they have been each year so far.

Geez.......Are you gonna complain about the weather there also.....or maybe the traffic. Put a smile on today negative Nellie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team has flaws in February

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refs already in mid season form deciding games on very marginal, soft or imaginary calls. If you were picking a group of refs who most easily could decide a game, lacrosse has to be at the top of the list

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Refs already in mid season form deciding games on very marginal, soft or imaginary calls. If you were picking a group of refs who most easily could decide a game, lacrosse has to be at the top of the list

wow Lehigh got screwed and Penn State is so far from #4 in the country. Preseason ranking was a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Basketball at top

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10

Maryland
Stony Brook
Boston College
Syracuse
Navy
JMU
UNC
Princeton
Florida
USC

Virginia, Northwestern, Towson, Penn, PSU, Notre Dame, Duke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northwestrn at Duke

Two teams trying to get back to where they were.

Northwestrn 14 Duke 11

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10

Maryland
Stony Brook
Boston College
Syracuse
Navy
JMU
UNC
Princeton
Florida
USC

Virginia, Northwestern, Towson, Penn, PSU, Notre Dame, Duke

Who will be Tipp Eight at the end? Anyone outside of that list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northwestrn at Duke

Northwestrn 14 Duke 11

Check that. Fredericks out. Duke freshman attacker is outstanding.

Both teams look fast and athletic. Duke underrated.

Duke looks better but early.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Stony Brook looked strong defensively and on attack. I believe the midfield will ultimately cost them against top teams (USC ranked way too high). This is the year for them to make some noise but I think they are a bit short.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Basketball at top

but there are more possessions to overcome bad calls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Stony Brook looked strong defensively and on attack. I believe the midfield will ultimately cost them against top teams (USC ranked way too high). This is the year for them to make some noise but I think they are a bit short.

So USC is ranked 5. But they were handled and outplayed everywhere except the draw circle. Can't pick and choose I personally have a daughter that is on a team in the top 10 (not Stoney Brook) saw them play Friday and I think they are better than last year. I will say this in my opinion 4 to 5 teams can win it this year and SB is one of them. Also watched MD and FL neither team plays any type of defense but are offensively gifted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northwestrn at Duke

Northwestrn 14 Duke 11

Check that. Fredericks out. Duke freshman attacker is outstanding.

Both teams look fast and athletic. Duke underrated.

Duke looks better but early.

North outstanding. Fredericks in and that game goes to NU. Both those teams are ranked too low. That was a game between two top 10 teams, not 11 and 19. That's why these preseason polls r so bad. Now NU will drop from where there are despite being a top 10 team. Duke will move up, but not nearly as high as they should.

Penn State should be ranked below Duke and NU for example. Will it happen, doubt it.

Page 2 of 52 1 2 3 4 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard