BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 48 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Proof?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Proof?

Proof of what? How hard is it for you to use the "Quote" button?? !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question, is it true that Express has a 6th grader playing 2025 this year?----
They have multiple players that are 6th graders that play on a 5th grade team. I have proof that the Attackman who they run their entire offense through isn't even eligible for World series!!!!!

What proof?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have multiple players that are 6th graders that play on a 5th grade team. I have proof that the Attackman who they run their entire offense through isn't even eligible for World series!!!!!

What proof?

Probably just means this guy knows his birthday within a reasonable degree of certainty, which is not hard considering the six degrees of separation which exists in suburbia. And said birthday is before September 1 (or whatever the cutoff is), 2006. And its incorrect to say he wouldn't be eligible for WSYL. He would just not be eligible the same year his teammates go. He would be eligible this year, and next.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you consider that LIE has multiple teams at many grade levels, roster sizes that approach t hat of a college team, there's really no reason for them to have boys playing down, even by the loose standards that club lax employs. When people say club lacrosse is the wild west due to no governance, it isn't hyperbole - it's fact!

But Junior has to play on the A Team! Waaaaaaaaaa!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you consider that LIE has multiple teams at many grade levels, roster sizes that approach t hat of a college team, there's really no reason for them to have boys playing down, even by the loose standards that club lax employs. When people say club lacrosse is the wild west due to no governance, it isn't hyperbole - it's fact!

But Junior has to play on the A Team! Waaaaaaaaaa!

But is it A', A'', or A'''??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thoughts on the correct height for a d pole at this age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cut the stick so the middle of the head lines up with kids eyes, this will give you a couple years and buy a new shaft when his eyes line up with the top of the head. Thats what we did my sons, they both have been playing lp since they were little.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cut the stick so the middle of the head lines up with kids eyes, this will give you a couple years and buy a new shaft when his eyes line up with the top of the head. Thats what we did my sons, they both have been playing lp since they were little.

If your boy is smaller, go buy a goalie shaft and start there. No paying for length you just cut off anyway.

No length jokes please

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Blast, Express and Geese actually playing in the same tournament tomorrow? That doesn’t happen too often. I think it’s a box tournament, so the edge would go to 91 because they’ve been playing a lot of box this winter. It’s nit the same game as field at all. I think Express, the best field team, probably comes in third of the three in this one.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is a girls team that is playing box tomorrow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s legacy B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With some Geese

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its not even a 91 team its yellow jackets girls with JS coaching. I wonder why 91 was okay with them using their name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where was 9d1? Did they no show at Chelsea?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its not even a 91 team its yellow jackets girls with JS coaching. I wonder why 91 was okay with them using their name.

Because they are partners

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2025 girls team was never coming it was supposed to be one of the 91 boys teams I had heard 91 tri state

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where was 9d1? Did they no show at Chelsea?

The "91" team entered in Chelsea was Joe Spallina's girls team that has nothing to do with 91. They are not a 91 team. They have nothing to do with 91 other than Spallina is their coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical 91 and Spallina not showing up for a tournament and if the team is registered under 91 then they represent him . How do you have a team in a tournament and not show up that is just wrong . TYPICAL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2025 girls team was never coming it was supposed to be one of the 91 boys teams I had heard 91 tri state

You heard wrong. JS booked it. Not 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What proof?

He is an 2005 baby.
He played on the 2024 team last year.
He is really small,but plays well against kids much younger but same height.HUNTER

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey! I don't like kids playing down based off of age. If he is born after Aug. 1st 2006 I really don't care. BUT don't use his name!! Regardless

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What proof?

He is an 2005 baby.
He played on the 2024 team last year.
He is really small,but plays well against kids much younger but same height.HUNTER

He's a December 2006 birthday.
He played up with the 2024 team last year.
He's small, which is why his parents decided to have him play with his own grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder how long it will be before a parent or a coach goes up to a tourney director and asks for a roster check. And how that tourney will handle it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder how long it will be before a parent or a coach goes up to a tourney director and asks for a roster check. And how that tourney will handle it.

For the record, the boy in question is not a 2024. He is a legitimate 2025; not even a holdback. He just happens to have an early birthday.

However, even if a situation like that arises on a team, I'm not sure a parent has much of a leg to stand on. If they are not happy with the team, their are some 40+ other options for them to choose from on LI. That parent has to make a decision. Do they want what's truly best for their child (ie: find another team that allows the player to start) or do they stay on the team for the sole reason of having the ability to tell people that their son is on the best team.

Furthermore, since the only tournaments that actually require age/roster verification are age based tournaments, I don't see how this will ever come up. 95+% of the quality tournaments on the East Coast are grade based tournaments. I've had 3 sons go through the travel process and never had to produce a birth certificate, report card or notarized document. To ask a single team to produce such documents without asking every other team would be unjust.

Before you counter with, "Then they should ask every team", understand that it's not going to happen. Directors cheat, coaches cheat and parents cheat. That's the world we live in. Parents will doctor birth certificates if they think their kid will obtain an edge. I don't agree with it. As a matter of fact, I wish the whole system went to age-based like football/soccer/hockey. But, there's just too much money being made right now for club directors or tournament directors to change anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the record, the boy in question is not a 2024. He is a legitimate 2025; not even a holdback. He just happens to have an early birthday.

However, even if a situation like that arises on a team, I'm not sure a parent has much of a leg to stand on. If they are not happy with the team, their are some 40+ other options for them to choose from on LI. That parent has to make a decision. Do they want what's truly best for their child (ie: find another team that allows the player to start) or do they stay on the team for the sole reason of having the ability to tell people that their son is on the best team.

Furthermore, since the only tournaments that actually require age/roster verification are age based tournaments, I don't see how this will ever come up. 95+% of the quality tournaments on the East Coast are grade based tournaments. I've had 3 sons go through the travel process and never had to produce a birth certificate, report card or notarized document. To ask a single team to produce such documents without asking every other team would be unjust.

Before you counter with, "Then they should ask every team", understand that it's not going to happen. Directors cheat, coaches cheat and parents cheat. That's the world we live in. Parents will doctor birth certificates if they think their kid will obtain an edge. I don't agree with it. As a matter of fact, I wish the whole system went to age-based like football/soccer/hockey. But, there's just too much money being made right now for club directors or tournament directors to change anything.

No argument on your post, except for the fact that somehow going to age-based play would mean a reduction in money made. I would argue that the improvement to the sport would attract and keep more players, which means growth, which means more money. What MIGHT occur is that certain current players in the sport - the big clubs - MIGHT lose share and/or power over the sport. But, even that is a "MIGHT", not definite.

On side note, a certain guy from 2024 MadLax will tell you that they always have to submit full player info - DOB, age, grade, etc, etc - to all tourneys, which many on BOTC have called BS to him on . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No argument on your post, except for the fact that somehow going to age-based play would mean a reduction in money made. I would argue that the improvement to the sport would attract and keep more players, which means growth, which means more money. What MIGHT occur is that certain current players in the sport - the big clubs - MIGHT lose share and/or power over the sport. But, even that is a "MIGHT", not definite.

On side note, a certain guy from 2024 MadLax will tell you that they always have to submit full player info - DOB, age, grade, etc, etc - to all tourneys, which many on BOTC have called BS to him on . . .

I raised the question not as a specific case, but in general. Because as you say, people look for an edge. I think it will get somebody, coach, parent, whomever to the point where they ask for a roster verification. For example, schedule comes out on Wednesday and a coach in the division asks for jersey #'s and current grade of each opponent. Is that so bad?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I raised the question not as a specific case, but in general. Because as you say, people look for an edge. I think it will get somebody, coach, parent, whomever to the point where they ask for a roster verification. For example, schedule comes out on Wednesday and a coach in the division asks for jersey #'s and current grade of each opponent. Is that so bad?

The opposing coach will tell him to show him the rule for roster verification, when it is noted that no such rule exists he will tell him to go F himself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the record? Your sources are incorrect. The boy in question is in 6th grade. Fact! Again I don't care what grade he is in as long as he was born after the Aug.31st 06 cutoff date. He is small, and yes he is good.but make no doubt about it, unless they held him back this year he was in the 5th grade last year.And I don't think anyone should use his name on the site. Thats just wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can I hold my son back just to get out of this years chat room thread?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the record? Your sources are incorrect. The boy in question is in 6th grade. Fact! Again I don't care what grade he is in as long as he was born after the Aug.31st 06 cutoff date. He is small, and yes he is good.but make no doubt about it, unless they held him back this year he was in the 5th grade last year.And I don't think anyone should use his name on the site. Thats just wrong.

What cutoff date exists in a grade-based system?? (Which is exactly why grade-based systems are what you don't want!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to wish all the people that are Born August 17th, 2006 a great 2025 Express year..... Good Luck! We know who you are and you have been measured............

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheating cheaters!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What cutoff date exists in a grade-based system?? (Which is exactly why grade-based systems are what you don't want!)

Won’t never change, but you boys keep on bitcoin about it! Hahahahahaha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to wish all the people that are Born August 17th, 2006 a great 2025 Express year..... Good Luck! We know who you are and you have been measured............

Keep fishing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won’t never change, but you boys keep on bitcoin about it! Hahahahahaha

Bitcoin??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 & 2025 NLC tryouts Friday night at SUSA. Both age groups have a lot of talent, should be a very good team when it's all said and done. I haven't spoke with anyone who has a kid that played in this and didn't think it was a great event. Looking forward to the tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 & 2025 NLC tryouts Friday night at SUSA. Both age groups have a lot of talent, should be a very good team when it's all said and done. I haven't spoke with anyone who has a kid that played in this and didn't think it was a great event. Looking forward to the tryouts.

So in addition to the daily ridiculous spamming you are going to post on the 24 and 25 message board???

Why did Brine drop it’s sponsorship? Awful quiet in compared to previous years on which coaches will be there. New recruiting rules have most likely killed this event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow!!!how do you know the kids dob? deep down are you a little ashamed you posted that? If that dob is true, and he was born before the Aug.31st cutoff date then regardless if it is only 14 days he should be playing with with the 2024's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow!!!how do you know the kids dob? deep down are you a little ashamed you posted that? If that dob is true, and he was born before the Aug.31st cutoff date then regardless if it is only 14 days he should be playing with with the 2024's.

There is no age cutoff to play on a grade based team. Why can't anyone comprehend that??
If this is true and the boy is born on 8/17/06 and playing on a 2025 Express team, it is only cheating if the kid is currently in 6th grade. If he started school late and is currently enrolled in 5th grade then he is not breaking any rules.

Do I agree with it?? Doesn't really matter.....this is what happens with a grade based system. I would love to see an age based system, at least for youth -- really don't care what the cutoff is (Jan 1, May 1, Sept 1). Want to move to a grade based system for 7th/8th grade and beyond for recruiting purposes, go ahead.

Page 34 of 48 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard