BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 51 52
2018-2019 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss the 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone give me some assistance on finding a live stream anywhere for USC/SBU this Friday? Great game to start the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone give me some assistance on finding a live stream anywhere for USC/SBU this Friday? Great game to start the season.

I assume you've check the home team's website. Live stats, audio and livestream are listed on the schedule for that game. You might have to pay, and if you do, watch out for the small print. I found myself paying for one college's livestream monthly coverage when I thought I signed up for only one game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I assume you've check the home team's website. Live stats, audio and livestream are listed on the schedule for that game. You might have to pay, and if you do, watch out for the small print. I found myself paying for one college's livestream monthly coverage when I thought I signed up for only one game.

Yes, I checked the USC website. Only a "live stat" option is listed. I was hoping someone knew of another resource. Thanks for the heads-up about the streaming cost, though. I'll definitely look out for that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe ESPN 3? There were a lot of games covered this past weekend. We were able to watch on the computer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I checked the USC website. Only a "live stat" option is listed. I was hoping someone knew of another resource. Thanks for the heads-up about the streaming cost, though. I'll definitely look out for that.

Come Thursday or Friday (I forget which), Inside Lacrosse will have a page listing all games this weekend and if there is free streaming available, they will have a link to it. Lots of games are not free. IME, the private colleges generally offer free viewing of livestreams and the state schools offer only a pay option. YMMV

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One that wasn't on there: Thurs, Feb 15th, Colorado at Northwestern, BTN Plus (pay) at 4:00 pm EST

Not sure if there are others missing...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last week it was JMU and Towson upsetting two of the top programs..
Will there be any major upsets this week?
What team has the best chance?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll go Delaware over Penn.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook with the nice Cali trip coming up. Tough one against USC and then cupcake against Stanford. Predictions: SB 12-10 over USC, 18-7 over Stanford

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would be nice. Is there a reason for your optimism? Penn should be pretty good this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll go Lehigh over PSU. PSU struggles on the back end, Lehigh had 18 last week and these teams had a very close game in the fall for whatever that means and any if they start to trail, Lions may tighten up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come Thursday or Friday (I forget which), Inside Lacrosse will have a page listing all games this weekend and if there is free streaming available, they will have a link to it. Lots of games are not free. IME, the private colleges generally offer free viewing of livestreams and the state schools offer only a pay option. YMMV

Great... I appreciate the info. Is that a weekly thing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook with the nice Cali trip coming up. Tough one against USC and then cupcake against Stanford. Predictions: SB 12-10 over USC, 18-7 over Stanford

Stony Brook is obviously very good. It will be interesting to see if the tougher schedule will hurt or help them this year. I think in the past their weak schedule made their record look good and everyone took notice. In the end however (not last year) they went into the tournament with an over inflated confidence. Better to play tougher competition during the year even if you do not win every game. Their schedule was tougher last year but is was still favorable with home field advantage and plenty of rest before tough games. This year will be a little different but they are a better team. It would be really great if they can make it to the Final Four, the atmosphere at SBU for Championship weekend will be awesome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would be nice. Is there a reason for your optimism? Penn should be pretty good this year.

Not really. Just that Delaware is a feisty team. Not predicting a win, just looking at big upset possibilities, thought that one looked as good as any.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stony Brook is obviously very good. It will be interesting to see if the tougher schedule will hurt or help them this year. I think in the past their weak schedule made their record look good and everyone took notice. In the end however (not last year) they went into the tournament with an over inflated confidence. Better to play tougher competition during the year even if you do not win every game. Their schedule was tougher last year but is was still favorable with home field advantage and plenty of rest before tough games. This year will be a little different but they are a better team. It would be really great if they can make it to the Final Four, the atmosphere at SBU for Championship weekend will be awesome.

Yes, will be fun to watch them lose on their own field!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll go Lehigh over PSU. PSU struggles on
the back end, Lehigh had 18 last week and these teams had a very close game in the fall for whatever that means and any if they start to trail, Lions may tighten up.

Can't see it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the back end, Lehigh had 18 last week and these teams had a very close game in the fall for whatever that means and any if they start to trail, Lions may tighten up.

Can't see it.

So I stated before games were played on the other thread that Penn St at #4 preseason was ranked too high. One guy got all up in arms ... Then they promptly go out and lose their opener. Funny. Where is "all up in arms guy" now??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great... I appreciate the info. Is that a weekly thing?

Yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't see it.

So I stated before games were played on the other thread that Penn St at #4 preseason was ranked too high. One guy got all up in arms ... Then they promptly go out and lose their opener. Funny. Where is "all up in arms guy" now??

Agree with you. PSU had the easiest path to the final four by far, and got blown out in the eight team bracket. How do they then get #4 rank? Towson was probably ranked correctly and ranking should have been on par with PSU. Don’t see that as an upset at all, it was two teams on par and one norrowly beat the other. It was only considered an upset because PSU was over ranked to begin with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't see it.

Agree with you. PSU had the easiest path to the final four by far, and got blown out in the eight team bracket. How do they then get #4 rank? Towson was probably ranked correctly and ranking should have been on par with PSU. Don’t see that as an upset at all, it was two teams on par and one norrowly beat the other. It was only considered an upset because PSU was over ranked to begin with.

It is really the end of season polls that matter. Cascade Media Poll has JMU ranked ahead of North Carolina. Actually, none of the polls really matter. Seeding is important and I do not think the committee cares about the polls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great to see some early season upsets. Will the trend continue or will the traditional powers be there at the end of the season?

Programs that have come on strong in recent years: Stony Brook, USC, Navy, Boston College

Programs that have fallen off a bit: Virginia, Notre Dame, Loyola, Hopkins

Is Division I Women's Lacrosse a zero-sum game? Is there enough talent out there for more teams to become competitive with the top programs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't see it.

It is really the end of season polls that matter. Cascade Media Poll has JMU ranked ahead of North Carolina. Actually, none of the polls really matter. Seeding is important and I do not think the committee cares about the polls.

Committee cares most about geography and minimizing travel costs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 3 second rule will have more of an impact than their schedule

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like watching a YJ summer game in Maryland with 10 times the amount of crazy parents acting like stunads

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like watching a YJ summer game in Maryland with 10 times the amount of crazy parents acting like stunads

Very Funny but true. The whole roster is LI kids and their embarrassing parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Little better than Maryland daddy’s wearing their sons smedium vineyard vines shirts penny loafers and salmon shorts biggest tools out there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really big game tomorrow with 2 top 5 teams SC and SB. Should be a great game being played closer to SAn Diego. Think the cross country flight and this being their first game hurts SB. I predict USC 12-9 win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed Notre Dame and UVA Have really dipped

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name the top schools for combination of academics and a realistic chance of playing in a final 4 in the next few years.

My list includes in order of most likely to make final 4 with great (top 20) academics:

Northwestern
Princeton
Penn
Duke?

Are those the 4 best academic schools with at least a chance of sniffing a final 4?

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

Last Updated - February 12, 2018
Inside Lacrosse Poll
RANK SCHOOL POINTS PREVIOUS RECORD
1 Maryland 397 (17) 1 1-0
2 Stony Brook 380 (3) 2 0-0
3 Florida 356 5 1-0
4 Boston College 327 6 1-0
5 Syracuse 291 7 1-0
6 USC 289 8 1-0
7 North Carolina 263 3 0-1
8 James Madison 258 17 1-0
9 Northwestern 244 9 2-0
10 Navy 205 10 1-0
11 Towson 201 20 1-0
12 Penn State 188 3 0-1
13 Princeton 161 11 0-0
14 Penn 141 12 0-0
15 Virginia 100 13 0-0
16 Notre Dame 90 15 0-1
17 Cornell 82 14 0-0
18 Duke 80 19 1-0
19 Colorado 68 16 1-1
20 UMass 43 18 0-0

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

My bad...posted Inside lacrosse poll in error. I usually post the coaches poll which has not been updated from last year so here's a look at how things ended last year...you know, for nostalgia.

1 Maryland (20) 400 23-0 1
2 Boston College 387 17-7 14
3 Penn State 334 17-4 6
4 Stony Brook 326 20-2 4
5 North Carolina 316 17-3 3
6 Navy (USNA) 313 18-5 NR
7 Princeton 275 15-4 5
8 Southern California 269 18-4 7
9 Florida 224 17-3 2
10 Syracuse 200 15-7 9
11 Cornell 172 13-6 12
12 Penn 166 13-4 8
13 Northwestern 148 11-10 11
14 Virginia 139 12-9 13
15 James Madison 128 14-7 16
16 Colorado 123 16-4 10
17 Massachusetts 88 17-4 RV
18 Notre Dame 79 11-8 15
19 Elon 35 13-7 20
20 Louisville 30 11-8 18

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Name the top schools for combination of academics and a realistic chance of playing in a final 4 in the next few years.

My list includes in order of most likely to make final 4 with great (top 20) academics:

Northwestern
Princeton

Penn
Duke?

Are those the 4 best academic schools with at least a chance of sniffing a final 4?

Are you talking to yourself then answering your own questions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern
Princeton
Penn
Duke?

Navy made it last year. I do not know much about them other than they have a great coach and they have proven they can get to championship weekend.

Northwestern would be my top pic.

Toss up between Penn and Princeton.

Duke fell off a bit last year not sure how they will be this year.

Cant see Stanford, Hopkins, or Vanderbilt,

No Ivy other than Penn or Princeton.

Notre Dame and Georgetown are unlikely but maybe Notre Dame will surprise everyone you never know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really big game tomorrow with 2 top 5 teams SC and SB. Should be a great game being played closer to SAn Diego. Think the cross country flight and this being their first game hurts SB. I predict USC 12-9 win

I will take SB even with the odds stacked in USC favor in terms of a long flight, and 10 pm eastern time start. I think will be low scoring affair but SB offense is considerably better than USC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern
Princeton
Penn
Duke?

Navy made it last year. I do not know much about them other than they have a great coach and they have proven they can get to championship weekend.

Notre Dame and Georgetown are unlikely but maybe Notre Dame will surprise everyone you never know.

Agreed. I'd put Duke ahead of the Ivies though. Down year last year, but over next few years could have a shot. Always recruit pretty well. ND looks mediocre now but maybe in a few years. Doubt it. Stanford will be lucky to be in top 25, never mind final 4. Same with Georgetown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Northwestern
Princeton
Penn
Duke?

Agreed. I'd put Duke ahead of the Ivies though. Down year last year, but over next few years could have a shot. Always recruit pretty well. ND looks mediocre now but maybe in a few years. Doubt it. Stanford will be lucky to be in top 25, never mind final 4. Same with Georgetown.

Yes, those are the top 20 academic schools with the best chance to make the Final Four. But I think all of the schools that have a legitimate shot are pretty darn good academic schools as well.

USC, North Carolina, BC, Florida, Penn State, Maryland, Syracuse.

Stony Brook has improved both academics and athletics in recent years. That is the beauty of this sport. There are so many excellent schools providing opportunities for our daughters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about we talk about schools outside the top 20, you know where 95% of our girls actually play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about we talk about schools outside the top 20, you know where 95% of our girls actually play?

Okay. What programs are on the rise? What programs have the best chance to constantly be a Top 20 program? What programs are trending down?

Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard