BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 52 of 52 1 2 50 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what the heck is going on at duke?

The Duke Coaches ego has gotten too big! She feels she only has to recruit her camps and bypasses the tournaments were she could see a lot more players. Placing yourself in a bubble is never a good idea in any business.

Maybe she spent too much time the past few years rallying against early recruiting and not enough time coaching and her own recruiting. Duke is one of the schools that should always be in the Top 20 maybe even always the Top 10 and get to the Final Four on a somewhat regular basis and even win a National Championship. Duke has fallen off a bit the past few years, what is the main reason? I still think that they are one of the Top 15 or so programs but they will have to turn things around in order to stay there. Duke Last made it to the Final Four in 2015 but has struggled to finish the season ranked in the Top 20 for several years now.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

I thought I saw the Georgetown assistant in a Duke shirt this past weekend at MidAtlantic Club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their best player just transferred to BC and word is Kimel might be leaving as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their best player just transferred to BC and word is Kimel might be leaving as well

Hiring Griffin might ultimately be Kimel's downfall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will take a stab at this and predict the to 5 teams this upcoming season in no articular order, ND, UNC,MD, USC,Cuse. Should have a competition see who gets the most to 5 picks correct.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will take a stab at this and predict the to 5 teams this upcoming season in no articular order, ND, UNC,MD, USC,Cuse. Should have a competition see who gets the most to 5 picks correct.

I think you have 2 of the top 5... Don't see Cuse, ND or USC but who knows.

I will go with Maryland, UNC, Northwestern, Virginia and ??? Florida!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Below is the 2019 Final Poll of the season: Three of the Top Four will be back in the Final Four. Boston College will take a step back. Not sure who will fight their way into the Final Four. I think Denver will be out of the Top 10. Dartmouth takes a step back. Penn and USC will be knocking on the Top 10 door. Stanford will be on an up-turn over the next few years. Will Michigan stay relevant? Loyola will be tough again. Duke??? Florida???
Overall the Top 20 will look much the same.

1 - Maryland

2 - Boston College

3 - North Carolina

4 - Northwestern

5 - Syracuse

6 - Princeton

7 - Virginia

8 - Denver

9 - Notre Dame

10 - Loyola

11 - Michigan

12 - Stony Brook

13 - Florida

14 - Penn

15 - James Madison

16 - Navy

17 - Southern California

18 - Georgetown

19 - Colorado

20 - Dartmouth

21 - Duke

22 - Johns Hopkins

23 - Stanford

24 - High Point

25 - Virginia Tech

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Below is the 2019 Final Poll of the season: Three of the Top Four will be back in the Final Four. Boston College will take a step back. Not sure who will fight their way into the Final Four. I think Denver will be out of the Top 10. Dartmouth takes a step back. Penn and USC will be knocking on the Top 10 door. Stanford will be on an up-turn over the next few years. Will Michigan stay relevant? Loyola will be tough again. Duke??? Florida???
Overall the Top 20 will look much the same.

1 - Maryland

2 - Boston College

3 - North Carolina

4 - Northwestern

5 - Syracuse

6 - Princeton

7 - Virginia

8 - Denver

9 - Notre Dame

10 - Loyola

11 - Michigan

12 - Stony Brook

13 - Florida

14 - Penn

15 - James Madison

16 - Navy

17 - Southern California

18 - Georgetown

19 - Colorado

20 - Dartmouth

21 - Duke

22 - Johns Hopkins

23 - Stanford

24 - High Point

25 - Virginia Tech

Way too early pre-season rankings:

1 - North Carolina
2 - Syracuse
3 - Maryland
4 - Northwestern
5 - Princeton
6 - Boston College
7 - Virginia
8 - Michigan
9 - Notre Dame
10 - Penn
11 - USC
12 - Denver
13 - Stony Brook
14 - Loyola
15 - JMU
16 - Navy
17 - Florida
18 - Colorado
19 - Duke
20 - Georgetown
21 - High Point
22 - Hopkins
23 - Dartmouth
24 - Va Tech
25 - Umass

What say you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Army W Lax. Watch out....a few LI girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any Fall Ball Schedules out???

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top four look right, then it’s anyones game. Michigan way too high and ND is a little better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One has to think the heat is turned up at Duke. Best player transfers weak seasons

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One has to think the heat is turned up at Duke. Best player transfers weak seasons

c
kimel is out soon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

c
kimel is out soon

Sounds like someone is bitter about Duke, going on and on. Didn’t get the call from Duke Sept 1st? Why on earth is her job in jeopardy according to you? Duke is in about the same category with the top 1/3 of teams in Div 1. In and out of top 20 year after year. All but a half dozen teams do that exact same thing. Why is Duke a sore point for you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

c
kimel is out soon

Sounds like someone is bitter about Duke, going on and on. Didn’t get the call from Duke Sept 1st? Why on earth is her job in jeopardy according to you? Duke is in about the same category with the top 1/3 of teams in Div 1. In and out of top 20 year after year. All but a half dozen teams do that exact same thing. Why is Duke a sore point for you?

Not the person that you are responding to and I am not bitter and have nothing against Duke but I think the coach may be on the hot seat as well. If you look at the past eight years (I picked eight because that would show programs going through two full four year recruiting cycles).

Only eight programs have finished the season ranked in the Top 20 in each of the past eight years.

Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Syracuse
Florida
Virginia
Princeton
Penn

Top 20 seven of past eight years - Boston College, Stony Brook, Penn State, Notre Dame.

Loyola was next with six out of eight.

Duke and Umass five of the past eight years.

The issue with Duke is that they went from being a Top 10 maybe even Top 5 program to not being in the Top 20 the past three years (they finished 21 last year).

I think the coach has to do well Top 15 - 20 this year or we might see a change.

Looking at just the past four years the top programs look much the same... Only 10 Programs have Finished the year ranked in the Top 20 every year.

They are: Maryland, NorthCarolina, Northwestern, Syracuse, Virginia, Princeton, Penn, Boston College, Stony Brook, Florida.

Three of the past four years : JMU, Notre Dame, Penn State, Colorado .

Duke has only finished ranked in the Top 20 once in the past four years. If they finish outside the Top 20 again this year I would not consider them a Top 20 Program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

c
kimel is out soon

Also not the poster and not bitter, but Duke hasn't made the tournament the last 3 years and had a losing record 2 of those years. That is totally unacceptable for a school like Duke. The school could certainly decide that it's time for the only coach in school history to move on and could convince her to retire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

c
kimel is out soon

Also not the poster and not bitter, but Duke hasn't made the tournament the last 3 years and had a losing record 2 of those years. That is totally unacceptable for a school like Duke. The school could certainly decide that it's time for the only coach in school history to move on and could convince her to retire.

Why is it unacceptable for Duke but not any other school? Why is Duke Women's lacrosse in a different category than so many others?

Page 52 of 52 1 2 50 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard