BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,075
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 34 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 33 34
Re: Girls 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]1. Igloo
2. TG
3. YJ
4. Legacy
5. Jesters
6. YJ B

Elevate
Liberty
Empire Nassau
Empire Suffolk
fl$
Blue Devils
ICON
Brookhaven Bandits

I would be game but not sure the clubs would. But for fun what would be the divisions? One big one or a A and B division? I am honestly asking is there another team that could play with the top 6?

Elevate is better than both YJ b and legacy

Have they played? I would be interested in hearing the results if they have.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty better than Jesters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty better than Jesters

Have they played?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Liberty better than Jesters

Liberty is not good in this age group and they know it. They won't even go to the local Hofstra tournament at the end of the summer because they know they'd play Igloo, TG, Jesters, Legacy and wouldn't beat any one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]1. Igloo
2. TG
3. YJ
4. Legacy
5. Jesters
6. YJ B

Elevate
Liberty
Empire Nassau
Empire Suffolk
fl$
Blue Devils
ICON
Brookhaven Bandits

I would be game but not sure the clubs would. But for fun what would be the divisions? One big one or a A and B division? I am honestly asking is there another team that could play with the top 6?

YJ/YJB are same caliber team...there really isnt an A/B its just 2 teams everyone knows that ...there is not much difference...they would be 3 combined..either team would beat leg and jesters...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]1. Igloo
2. TG
3. YJ
4. Legacy
5. Jesters
6. YJ B

Elevate
Liberty
Empire Nassau
Empire Suffolk
fl$
Blue Devils
ICON
Brookhaven Bandits

YJ/YJB are same caliber team...there really isnt an A/B its just 2 teams everyone knows that ...there is not much difference...they would be 3 combined..either team would beat leg and jesters...

YJ A is clearly superior to YJ B not even close. YJ B may beat Legacy but no doubt would lose to Jesters. Jesters easily handled Legacy when they played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2. TG
3. YJ
4. Legacy
5. Jesters
6. YJ B

Elevate
Liberty
Empire Nassau
Empire Suffolk
fl$
Blue Devils
ICON
Brookhaven Bandits

YJ A is clearly superior to YJ B not even close. YJ B may beat Legacy but no doubt would lose to Jesters. Jesters easily handled Legacy when they played.

2. TG
3. YJ
4. Legacy
5. Jesters
6. YJ B

Elevate
Liberty
Empire Nassau
Empire Suffolk
fl$
Blue Devils
ICON
Brookhaven Bandits

I agree with prior post. YJ A/B would be 3rd. Both teams are excellent and would beat jesters. No problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Original poster here about NGLL, as much as I enjoy the hypotheticals of who would beat who. What I want to know is are/will any of the LI clubs participate in this league. Then there would be no need for the hypothetical of who is better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone earlier said Liberty would beat Elevate or Jesters or some top team. No shot. Empire (Second string) beat them in the indoor alley pond league and Igloo beat them by 3 touchdowns. Igloo for that matter beat Liberty 2022 Liberty top team. Igloo and TG are in a class of their own in this age group. YJ, Jesters, Elevate, Legacy and Empire Nassau are in next tier. then you got all the rest that include Liberty, Bandits, and so on.....at the way bottom you got fl$.
That said the league would be great, and would have to be broken up into A, B and C. Nobody wants to see TG beat Liberty by 15, nor do they want to see Liberty beat fl$ by 15. Tier 1 Igloo, TG, YJ, Legacy, Jesters, Elevate. Tier 2 Empire, Liberty, YJ B, etc....Tier 3 Medusa, 91, fl$,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone earlier said Liberty would beat Elevate or Jesters or some top team. No shot. Empire (Second string) beat them in the indoor alley pond league and Igloo beat them by 3 touchdowns. Igloo for that matter beat Liberty 2022 Liberty top team. Igloo and TG are in a class of their own in this age group. YJ, Jesters, Elevate, Legacy and Empire Nassau are in next tier. then you got all the rest that include Liberty, Bandits, and so on.....at the way bottom you got fl$.
That said the league would be great, and would have to be broken up into A, B and C. Nobody wants to see TG beat Liberty by 15, nor do they want to see Liberty beat fl$ by 15. Tier 1 Igloo, TG, YJ, Legacy, Jesters, Elevate. Tier 2 Empire, Liberty, YJ B, etc....Tier 3 Medusa, 91, fl$,

Even though TG and Igloo beat YJ last year, YJ belongs in their "league." I think I speak for TG, Igloo, and YJ parents when say I look forward to the teams playing this year. They are always intense games. We all know each other in this age group hopefully we can get over the elementary school chest pounding that has happened in the past and take advantage of the three A teams we have on the Island at this age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even though TG and Igloo beat YJ last year, YJ belongs in their "league." I think I speak for TG, Igloo, and YJ parents when say I look forward to the teams playing this year. They are always intense games. We all know each other in this age group hopefully we can get over the elementary school chest pounding that has happened in the past and take advantage of the three A teams we have on the Island at this age group.

They're all B+ once you leave Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Original poster here about NGLL, as much as I enjoy the hypotheticals of who would beat who. What I want to know is are/will any of the LI clubs participate in this league. Then there would be no need for the hypothetical of who is better.

If the NGLL just dumped this notice without communicating with all the clubs first to not only gauge interest but create a buzz than they make a big mistake. Also, this was done without much notice for teams to pull together as club and skip PAL or middle school leagues already established and committed to by parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're all B+ once you leave Long Island.

It's funny that the worse age group (2023) competitively from Long Island also happens to be the most boisterous and obnoxious age group from Long Island. You would figure it to be the other way around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
funny yj b would be 4 overall. They could even be better the team is basically revamped with only the top girls remaining ...it will be interesting to see how they do. Some of those girls were awesome and rode the bench ...they look very promising

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love how the TG parents always include TG as in a class of their own with Igloo. I've seen these teams both play to 1 goal victories against the team in the so called other class teams. Didn't TG go down to one of the YJ teams a few weeks ago at All Star Arena and in the prior game at the same place go down by a good margin before YJ pulled their goalie and gave another goalie ( who is not on the team) some practice reps since it was a new position for her. All these teams can beat each other on any given day. They all have talent and they are all fun to watch . But don't act what was written above didn't happen or since nobody mentioned it for over the past 3 weeks or that it it would be forgotten. The team that won just didn't bring it up until comments like these are made. Post all you want but at least tell the truth and be honest. Ok Prius dad ? If not make sure you kill all the witnesses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I love how the TG parents always include TG as in a class of their own with Igloo. I've seen these teams both play to 1 goal victories against the team in the so called other class teams. Didn't TG go down to one of the YJ teams a few weeks ago at All Star Arena and in the prior game at the same place go down by a good margin before YJ pulled their goalie and gave another goalie ( who is not on the team) some practice reps since it was a new position for her. All these teams can beat each other on any given day. They all have talent and they are all fun to watch . But don't act what was written above didn't happen or since nobody mentioned it for over the past 3 weeks or that it it would be forgotten. The team that won just didn't bring it up until comments like these are made. Post all you want but at least tell the truth and be honest. Ok Prius dad ? If not make sure you kill all the witnesses.

So based on what you said YJ has a top goalie TG has the better field players once you pulled your goalie the wheels came off and you gave up a big lead. What happened to the rest of the team once the goalie was pulled?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I love how the TG parents always include TG as in a class of their own with Igloo. I've seen these teams both play to 1 goal victories against the team in the so called other class teams. Didn't TG go down to one of the YJ teams a few weeks ago at All Star Arena and in the prior game at the same place go down by a good margin before YJ pulled their goalie and gave another goalie ( who is not on the team) some practice reps since it was a new position for her. All these teams can beat each other on any given day. They all have talent and they are all fun to watch . But don't act what was written above didn't happen or since nobody mentioned it for over the past 3 weeks or that it it would be forgotten. The team that won just didn't bring it up until comments like these are made. Post all you want but at least tell the truth and be honest. Ok Prius dad ? If not make sure you kill all the witnesses.

So based on what you said YJ has a top goalie TG has the better field players once you pulled your goalie the wheels came off and you gave up a big lead. What happened to the rest of the team once the goalie was pulled?

You are actually using an indoor practice game where TG Black and Purple were mixed, several key players not there and no subs, with a full YJ roster to compare teams? Summer will be here soon, where real teams play real games....until then, you need a hobby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the NGLL just dumped this notice without communicating with all the clubs first to not only gauge interest but create a buzz than they make a big mistake. Also, this was done without much notice for teams to pull together as club and skip PAL or middle school leagues already established and committed to by parents.

Yes, it seems like an incredibly poor business decision to try to expand to LI without first having some of the bigger clubs lined up and ready to go in order to build some momentum. And from talking to people we know with kids on various clubs, no one seems to have heard even a whisper about the possibility of their teams joining this league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]funny yj b would be 4 overall. They could even be better the team is basically revamped with only the top girls remaining ...it will be interesting to see how they do. Some of those girls were awesome and rode the bench ...they look very promising

They could be better than yj a, igloo or tg. No chance. Awesome girls rode the bench? So I guess Thorn didn't know how to evaluate talent. Yj b will be in for another mediocre summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]funny yj b would be 4 overall. They could even be better the team is basically revamped with only the top girls remaining ...it will be interesting to see how they do. Some of those girls were awesome and rode the bench ...they look very promising

They could be better than yj a, igloo or tg. No chance. Awesome girls rode the bench? So I guess Thorn didn't know how to evaluate talent. Yj b will be in for another mediocre summer.

it really doesn't matter which club you play for or the supposed rankings. it is completely irrelevant. What is important though is that your daughter gets the right training at a young age and the club competes in quality tournaments with competitive teams. The colleges will always find the player if they are good no matter what team they play for as long as they see them at the tournaments. I have to admit though that YJ has the best college connections and get quite a few of their girls recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

exactly Thorn is a waste , hopefully the new dad 91 coach can step it up for her...or yja is in for another disappointing summer with drama drama drama half the team will sit out and watch once again...you see where this is goin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are actually using an indoor practice game where TG Black and Purple were mixed, several key players not there and no subs, with a full YJ roster to compare teams? Summer will be here soon, where real teams play real games....until then, you need a hobby.

YJ will grasp at anything to claim victory over TG, lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only age group thus happens, so 2023 parents enjoy it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what happens?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax for the Cure schedule is up and surprisingly Thorn is in the B bracket again with a cake walk to the playoffs as Wright opens up against Hero's Green.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax for the Cure schedule is up and surprisingly Thorn is in the B bracket again with a cake walk to the playoffs as Wright opens up against Hero's Green.

Look the bright side, the Wright girls will get better playing good competition and the Thorn team will continue to stagnate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, what a joke. YJ will do anything to manipulate a win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won it last year ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Who won it last year ?

If your goal is to play in a non competitive bracket against other teams B teams and advance to the playoffs that's great. I find it embarrassing that the director has so little faith in her teams to win an A bracket she puts them in B brackets and hopes they win 20 min playoff games. Not just the 2023 group it's also for the 24's and the great Spallina team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just trying to save a sinking ship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear what you are saying. But if you are not a good team you will eventually be exposed in the playoffs which didn't happen. YJ won that tournament and ALL the best teams were there M&D, Heros ,TG, Skywalkers, YJ .. etc. I though that they set it up like an NCAA bracket. 16 plays 1 ...5 plays 7 etc. or the powers that be set it up so that the better teams have the better chance of ending up in a playoff scenario. This would make more sense. If they put all of the teams mentioned above in the same division, you will get a power house team playing Cobra Kai in the finals and that would stink and not be realistic. At that point, you might as well just have an invite only tournament with just these teams over a 3 day period and never play anyone else. I'm not sure how to make it work perfectly. It a shame these teams mentioned in this thread don't play each other more. Its pretty cool to watch the competition and the different styles and a higher level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the teams mentioned are in the same division except one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I hear what you are saying. But if you are not a good team you will eventually be exposed in the playoffs which didn't happen. YJ won that tournament and ALL the best teams were there M&D, Heros ,TG, Skywalkers, YJ .. etc. I though that they set it up like an NCAA bracket. 16 plays 1 ...5 plays 7 etc. or the powers that be set it up so that the better teams have the better chance of ending up in a playoff scenario. This would make more sense. If they put all of the teams mentioned above in the same division, you will get a power house team playing Cobra Kai in the finals and that would stink and not be realistic. At that point, you might as well just have an invite only tournament with just these teams over a 3 day period and never play anyone else. I'm not sure how to make it work perfectly. It a shame these teams mentioned in this thread don't play each other more. Its pretty cool to watch the competition and the different styles and a higher level.

The playoffs consist of 20 games you can score a couple of goals, play stall ball and win the game. Much more difficult to win a 40 min game. Wouldn't you agree its much easier to play in a weaker bracket and coast to the playoffs than if you play in an extremely competitive bracket in which each game is a challenge. Look at the bracket comparisons there will be good teams in bracket A that won't make the playoffs.
Bracket A Bracket B
M&D Black YJ Blue
Monster M&D Red
TG Black Hero's White
Stars Blue Stars Black
Maryland United Snipers
Dew Lax Blue Steps Blue

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your 100% correct. I would assume it's one of the teams that didn't make the playoffs last year at Lax For The Cure and it isn't M&D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I hear what you are saying. But if you are not a good team you will eventually be exposed in the playoffs which didn't happen. YJ won that tournament and ALL the best teams were there M&D, Heros ,TG, Skywalkers, YJ .. etc. I though that they set it up like an NCAA bracket. 16 plays 1 ...5 plays 7 etc. or the powers that be set it up so that the better teams have the better chance of ending up in a playoff scenario. This would make more sense. If they put all of the teams mentioned above in the same division, you will get a power house team playing Cobra Kai in the finals and that would stink and not be realistic. At that point, you might as well just have an invite only tournament with just these teams over a 3 day period and never play anyone else. I'm not sure how to make it work perfectly. It a shame these teams mentioned in this thread don't play each other more. Its pretty cool to watch the competition and the different styles and a higher level.

Either way there is problem put all the strong teams in one bracket and you'll have a weak playoffs or spread out the good teams and you'll have blow out games in pool play but more competitive playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like CR is a believer in the revamped Wright team as they will take on Hero's Green at the Lax for the Cure tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree it's not right. That's a very tough schedule . But my point is that the winner of that bracket should win the tournament and they didn't . Anyone of those teams can beat each other on any given day. They should have a tournament with the same teams in n that bracket and add a few more teams YJ, Igloo etc. Not sure why Igloo passes on that tournament. At any rate I look forward to the season and hopefully better weather. I'm happy if any of our local teams beat the Maryland teams whether it be YJ, TG , legacy... Whomever . End of story. Unfortunately , Yellow Jacket derrangment syndrome destroys that concept and many of the useful stunads can't get past that .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo tried to get into the tourney, but since they only would be entering teams in 2021, 23 and 24 they are negged or put on the waiting list.....either way they were locked out of that tourney along with a few other BIG ones. Not about the best teams but rather getting clubs who bring numerous teams..$$$$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wright is in a better situation ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very true! Jesters tried to get into Lax for the Cure and were waitlisted for same reason. Not enough teams to put in not enough $$.

Page 26 of 34 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard