BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 74 of 101 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All BS aside... who should we be looking for as the up and coming travel teams on LI? Besides Taz, WP and let's put Express in there... who looks like they could be a legitimate threat this year? Igloo?? I hear good and bad about them. So many people like to say there is an "A" level on LI, while many people say there is no such thing on LI, only B teams and below. Truly, I don't think a lot of people have a clue about that next tier of teams. I know that I don't. Let's try to be realistic. Can someone rank the next 5 teams?

Seriously, besides maybe Igloo, I don't think there are any "next in line". The rest are B teams.

Wow all B teams. What a compliment. Thought they were C and D teams.

And compared to Madlax, Igloo is a B team.

Were any of the boys on Mad lax born in 2006?
A few of the boys are getting married . !!

To their cousins?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All BS aside... who should we be looking for as the up and coming travel teams on LI? Besides Taz, WP and let's put Express in there... who looks like they could be a legitimate threat this year? Igloo?? I hear good and bad about them. So many people like to say there is an "A" level on LI, while many people say there is no such thing on LI, only B teams and below. Truly, I don't think a lot of people have a clue about that next tier of teams. I know that I don't. Let's try to be realistic. Can someone rank the next 5 teams?

Seriously, besides maybe Igloo, I don't think there are any "next in line". The rest are B teams.

I don't know why such disdain for madlax 2024, my 13 y/o kid plays on the team and we get to play for free, as matter of fact all the 13 y/o get to play for free, they are a very generous organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know why such disdain for madlax 2024, my 13 y/o kid plays on the team and we get to play for free, as matter of fact all the 13 y/o get to play for free, they are a very generous organization.

That was awesome!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting how the Madlax holdback has to play 14u in his age based town league.

lol. As if we need anymore “proof”!! Lmao.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
QUESTION? I know it happens sometimes but How come TAZ and WP don't play against 2023 teams during all these Summer Tourney's? It would do them good to play some kids that could run with them. What do they get out of smacking Express, Igloo, TB, Outlaws and other A/B teams around. Everyone in 2024 knows they are the best but I could never quite understand why the organizations wouldn't want them playing better competition or why the parents wouldn't want them in more competitive games. I know when I watch my kids play a good 5-4 win is 10x better than a 14-1 win.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah. The holdbacks get to play against kids half their size which makes them think they are really good players, which of course they arent. Great confidence builder for them and free ride for parents. Win/win!! As long as it doesn’t bother you that you are labeled cheaters in 11 year old lacrosse. Guess it doesn’t bother them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You could be right. All I know is, if the next tier of teams can’t stay within 15 goals of the next level of teams, that in between tier OBVIOUSLY doesn’t exist, no matter how much the daddy’s cry for attention. But feel free to keep wining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
QUESTION? I know it happens sometimes but How come TAZ and WP don't play against 2023 teams during all these Summer Tourney's? It would do them good to play some kids that could run with them. What do they get out of smacking Express, Igloo, TB, Outlaws and other A/B teams around. Everyone in 2024 knows they are the best but I could never quite understand why the organizations wouldn't want them playing better competition or why the parents wouldn't want them in more competitive games. I know when I watch my kids play a good 5-4 win is 10x better than a 14-1 win.

??? the WP have been playing up since 2nd grade. Only when there is competition do they play on age. Do your research

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude. News Flash. WP has been playing up since second grade. Every year. Played up multiple times this past fall. When ever a tourney is determined to have a weak 2024 bracket. You must be new to this site, because this is not a secret. Taz chooses not to do this. Simply a coaches decision, although not a good decision, in my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WP plays up all the time. Always have. They don’t play any LI teams other than Taz, express and maybe Igloo. None. No B teams, as you say. Not one. If WP is in a tourney with inferior teams, they automatically play up. Where did you get your info? It’s incorrect.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WP plays up all the time. Always have. They don’t play any LI teams other than Taz, express and maybe Igloo. None. No B teams, as you say. Not one. If WP is in a tourney with inferior teams, they automatically play up. Where did you get your info? It’s incorrect.

That's just not true. Perhaps sometimes they play up but they played in a bunch of 2024 Tourneys last summer. As most other 2024 stayed around to watch Taz beat WP in all the Championships

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]QUESTION? I know it happens sometimes but How come TAZ and WP don't play against 2023 teams during all these Summer Tourney's? It would do them good to play some kids that could run with them. What do they get out of smacking Express, Igloo, TB, Outlaws and other A/B teams around. Everyone in 2024 knows they are the best but I could never quite understand why the organizations wouldn't want them playing better competition or why the parents wouldn't want them in more competitive games. I know when I watch my kids play a good 5-4 win is 10x better than a 14-1 win.

Dude. News Flash. WP has been playing up since second grade. Every year. Played up multiple times this past fall. When ever a tourney is determined to have a weak 2024 bracket. You must be new to this site, because this is not a secret. Taz chooses not to do this. Simply a coaches decision, although not a good decision, in my opinion.

In the words of our nations leader "FAKE NEWS"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's just not true. Perhaps sometimes they play up but they played in a bunch of 2024 Tourneys last summer. As most other 2024 stayed around to watch Taz beat WP in all the Championships

I think you are a couple of years too late. Taz owned WP for a couple of years, winning 4 or 5 straight (1 goal games), but last year was different. WP won 2 of 3 (1 goal games again).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are a couple of years too late. Taz owned WP for a couple of years, winning 4 or 5 straight (1 goal games), but last year was different. WP won 2 of 3 (1 goal games again).
honestly they are both great teams. any given sunday is what I say. They both play the best competition around. EXPRESs is a good team. Those teams play in Maryland a lot. So your info is def off. Go back to sleep and stop your complaining

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a simple concept. Read the post. Then respond to what you read. Following so far? No where does it say WP plays up 100% of the time. Read it again. And nice try at the fake news. Taz dropped 2 of 3 to WP last year. Btw. Taz is a 2024 team. So no. WP did not play up during that game. Duh. Thinking you might just want to start over, with that post. A real mess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

honestly they are both great teams. any given sunday is what I say. They both play the best competition around. EXPRESs is a good team. Those teams play in Maryland a lot. So your info is def off. Go back to sleep and stop your complaining

Mom. I told you to stay off the site!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]QUESTION? I know it happens sometimes but How come TAZ and WP don't play against 2023 teams during all these Summer Tourney's? It would do them good to play some kids that could run with them. What do they get out of smacking Express, Igloo, TB, Outlaws and other A/B teams around. Everyone in 2024 knows they are the best but I could never quite understand why the organizations wouldn't want them playing better competition or why the parents wouldn't want them in more competitive games. I know when I watch my kids play a good 5-4 win is 10x better than a 14-1 win.

It drives you nuts that good teams won’t even consider playing your sons, C team, doesn’t it Daddy? Eating you alive!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s a simple concept. Read the post. Then respond to what you read. Following so far? No where does it say WP plays up 100% of the time. Read it again. And nice try at the fake news. Taz dropped 2 of 3 to WP last year. Btw. Taz is a 2024 team. So no. WP did not play up during that game. Duh. Thinking you might just want to start over, with that post. A real mess

Does dropped 2 of 3 sound better to you than ONLY won 1 of 3. Surprised you didn't throw in the they were 1 goal games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It drives you nuts that good teams won’t even consider playing your sons, C team, doesn’t it Daddy? Eating you alive!

Faker News

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz lost to TB .lololol. Go away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there literally a rule on BOTC somewhere that some stunad has to post a "if you're not AA, you're B (C, or D)"?? The only thing more reliable than that is the Dems spouting DNC talking points in response to . . . everything!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting how the Madlax holdback has to play 14u in his age based town league.

You stunad. We live in DC (thank God), not LI. Advanced kids here play up all the time in rec (not "town"). Just like 8th graders on LI being allowed to play on HS teams. He is on age and on grade. The reason you cannot provide any proof of him being otherwise is because he's not. His birthday and grade is given to every tournament director. If he wasn't a 2024 and was older, you don't think any of those tournaments would leak it out?

LOL. You can shut up now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz lost to TB .lololol. Go away.

Has express igloo or 91 ever beaten taz? What about outlaws?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You stunad. We live in DC (thank God), not LI. Advanced kids here play up all the time in rec (not "town"). Just like 8th graders on LI being allowed to play on HS teams. He is on age and on grade. The reason you cannot provide any proof of him being otherwise is because he's not. His birthday and grade is given to every tournament director. If he wasn't a 2024 and was older, you don't think any of those tournaments would leak it out?

FYI, no tournament(s) outside the WYSL asks for any players' info - it just doesn't happen. There is almost zero governance in youth lacrosse, to the the point that you could register a team in tourneys for a completely younger graduation age bracket and no one would otherwise know. So, there's nothing behind that fallback of yours. And frankly, considering every other team in the MD area consistently has holdbacks, I find it hard to believe any team in any major club program down there is absent of this as you claim - MadLax 2024 literally would then be the ONLY one! It might be true, but no one will ever believe it, and if so, you can blame all of the rest of the mid-Atlantic for that well justified cynicism. (And being proud of living in DC - LOL! There couldn't be a more out of touch place in the US than there. Good luck with that!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FYI, no tournament(s) outside the WYSL asks for any players' info - it just doesn't happen. There is almost zero governance in youth lacrosse, to the the point that you could register a team in tourneys for a completely younger graduation age bracket and no one would otherwise know. So, there's nothing behind that fallback of yours. And frankly, considering every other team in the MD area consistently has holdbacks, I find it hard to believe any team in any major club program down there is absent of this as you claim - MadLax 2024 literally would then be the ONLY one! It might be true, but no one will ever believe it, and if so, you can blame all of the rest of the mid-Atlantic for that well justified cynicism. (And being proud of living in DC - LOL! There couldn't be a more out of touch place in the US than there. Good luck with that!)

100% correct. Lacrosse is a parent run sport. Always has been and most likely will remain that way. All the big clubs, tournaments are run by a parent or a collective of parents. When little johnny graduates and goes to Nassau Community College another parent will step in.

But, as a parent I appreciate all the effort these people put into the sport. Some kids eventually will do great things in lacrosse, some may be glad it's all over and wonder why they spent all their weekends growing up with younger kids.

USA Lacrosse oversight is a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% correct. Lacrosse is a parent run sport. Always has been and most likely will remain that way. All the big clubs, tournaments are run by a parent or a collective of parents. When little johnny graduates and goes to Nassau Community College another parent will step in.

But, as a parent I appreciate all the effort these people put into the sport. Some kids eventually will do great things in lacrosse, some may be glad it's all over and wonder why they spent all their weekends growing up with younger kids.

USA Lacrosse oversight is a joke.

Not sure I am following the parent aspect of this, particularly the NCC comment - how is there a parent element to the NCC coach(es) or any other college coach? That they themselves might be a parent of someone somewhere? Both of my sons' travel teams have no parents involved in the coaching of their respective teams; that is not to say that their program doesn't have other ages where there are parents involved, but overall, there are less than more of that situation.

Otherwise, I agree that USL is a joke - they could easily borrow pretty much everything from USAH, and make themselves effective and the sport so much more than it is today, without much effort!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does dropped 2 of 3 sound better to you than ONLY won 1 of 3. Surprised you didn't throw in the they were 1 goal games.

Just noticed Taz will be at LaxClash and Spring Jam, sure WP will be at least one of them. What age group will these fine young lacrosse players be playing in 2023 or 2024? Maybe Taz wants redemption on TB hehehehehehehelolololololololollol TB beats Taz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Faker News

Faker News

It amazes me how completely out of touch some people are on what is happening at this grade level on LI. Apparently the notion of playing up is out of your realm of consciousness, in your C Team world. Wake up to reality daddy. It’s happening and happens a lot. For 5 years now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s nothing to leak dumba$$. All of you have holdbacks. ML just has more than most.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there literally a rule on BOTC somewhere that some stunad has to post a "if you're not AA, you're B (C, or D)"?? The only thing more reliable than that is the Dems spouting DNC talking points in response to . . . everything!

I have a challenge for you. Make a case for why you think there are A teams on LI. Here’s my case. If a team can’t stay within 10-15 goals of the top teams, then they are not a “next tier” team. Hard for anyone to argue with that. In this case, the next tier would be A teams. Other than maybe Igloo, I don’t think there is a LI team that can do that. Therefore there are no A teams. I await your logical, well thought out rebuttal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you should really get your facts right before you go hurling baseless claims. it has been posted on this website numerous times before that the madlax middie plays rec with his older brother. older brother is 14 (2022). the kid in question is 12. the 12 yr old has played up with his older brother since kindergarten. it is part of the reason that he is the player that he is today. you guys are worse than trump and the birthers. you should let it go and give the kids props. great kid. glad that my kid has been lucky enough to be on the same team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Faker News

Faker News

It amazes me how completely out of touch some people are on what is happening at this grade level on LI. Apparently the notion of playing up is out of your realm of consciousness, in your C Team world. Wake up to reality daddy. It’s happening and happens a lot. For 5 years now.

Of course they do. As the original poster states, what sense would it make beating every team by 15+ goals?? Answer. None. In many of these tourneys, there is no other logical choice, than to play up. The problem with that is, most of the competition there ain’t so good either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny. The owner of Madlax is quoted on the 2024 Team page saying the ultimate goal of the team is to beat their nemesis, Team91 (Wolfpack). I can understand wanting to beat a team that routinely embarrasses the ownership of the organization by serving up lopsided defeats to his club, especially after he loads them up with free-ride holdbacks, while the nemesis plays with 100% on-age players. Yeah. That must be embarrassing! But, maybe he should set his sights on a more realistic goal, such as beating the local B teams, like Looneys. Yeah. That makes a lot more sense. Regardless, like the owner knows, WP is way out of their league. Time to lower the bar. A lot!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When WP plays up they play b/c teams this is not fake news

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a challenge for you. Make a case for why you think there are A teams on LI. Here’s my case. If a team can’t stay within 10-15 goals of the top teams, then they are not a “next tier” team. Hard for anyone to argue with that. In this case, the next tier would be A teams. Other than maybe Igloo, I don’t think there is a LI team that can do that. Therefore there are no A teams. I await your logical, well thought out rebuttal.

Here’s an idea. Elevate WP/Taz to AAA teams. Igloo becomes an AA team. The rest of the teams, that are now B teams, become A teams Hey. That could work! You B Team daddy’s down with that?? Win/win/win!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny. The owner of Madlax is quoted on the 2024 Team page saying the ultimate goal of the team is to beat their nemesis, Team91 (Wolfpack). I can understand wanting to beat a team that routinely embarrasses the ownership of the organization by serving up lopsided defeats to his club, especially after he loads them up with free-ride holdbacks, while the nemesis plays with 100% on-age players. Yeah. That must be embarrassing! But, maybe he should set his sights on a more realistic goal, such as beating the local B teams, like Looneys. Yeah. That makes a lot more sense. Regardless, like the owner knows, WP is way out of their league. Time to lower the bar. A lot!

Does not matter how old the Boy is. Its all over for MADLAX this year!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe both of those teams have more talent than even what would normally constitute an AA team - maybe they are THAT good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Every tournament asks for a roster sheet, especially the youth ones. The club directors gives names, birthdates, grades, etc. Shut up, stunad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have to love the taz people pounding their chest about 4h grade
In the last the last 12 months they lost to Wolfpack 2x, madlax, team 91 MD, eclipse and TB
I bet every time they lost those teams were all loaded with older kids
Might be time to move them down the ranks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Every tournament asks for a roster sheet, especially the youth ones. The club directors gives names, birthdates, grades, etc. Shut up, stunad.

Three boys playing over numerous years and it never happens! You're clueless!

Page 74 of 101 1 2 72 73 74 75 76 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard