BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17
Re: Girls 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Deals in place, that’s hysterical. No 2021 deals r done. 20s are not even close to being finished

Doesn't TG have a few girls committed to Stony Brook at this age?

no, do you really think JS would soil what is going to be a great season by breaking NCAA rules?

It appears he doesn’t care. At his clinics the parents of those TG girls can easily be overheard talking to him about their girls. It’s actually crazy how blatant it is.

Those TG girls are now at Legacy

They must be pretty good if everyone knows where they are playing what club they switched to. Seems they get mentioned quite a bit here. They must be getting plenty of attention, and/or people are jealous of them.

Just everyone is relieved those Dads are now somebody elses headache

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Deals in place, that’s hysterical. No 2021 deals r done. 20s are not even close to being finished

no, do you really think JS would soil what is going to be a great season by breaking NCAA rules?

It appears he doesn’t care. At his clinics the parents of those TG girls can easily be overheard talking to him about their girls. It’s actually crazy how blatant it is.

They must be pretty good if everyone knows where they are playing what club they switched to. Seems they get mentioned quite a bit here. They must be getting plenty of attention, and/or people are jealous of them.

The girls are very good. Let’s give credit where it’s due.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

The girls are very good. Let’s give credit where it’s due.
[/quote]

The girls are good, but the father's detract from the girls. If they would let the girls do their thing the girls would be much better off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If everyone put the same amount of worrying and concern as they do for OTHER players to their own lives can you imagine how great this world would be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If everyone put the same amount of worrying and concern as they do for OTHER players to their own lives can you imagine how great this world would be?

And if other players didn't cheat and break the NCAA rules wouldn't the world be grand???

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And if other players didn't cheat and break the NCAA rules wouldn't the world be grand???

Even though these two girls’ families have had illegal (Ncaa) contact at an off campus/sight clinic regarding attending SB, I wouldn’t call it the girls cheating. It is the coach who is breaking the rules. The girls aren’t cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes no sense, why leave a better team for a lesser team? To stand out maybe???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25 on the A roster is a joke

It really is and everyone is being told it's going to play out but keeping 25 players on our YJ roster is not good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It really is and everyone is being told it's going to play out but keeping 25 players on our YJ roster is not good

The team has carried 24-25 players since 4th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Makes no sense, why leave a better team for a lesser team? To stand out maybe???

They were sold a bill of goods by a friend who then abondoned ship. Hysterical!! Neither team is very good. B level teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck with her and daddy!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Complain to the coach, thats the problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]25 on the A roster is a joke

Mod ... They are singling out a girl and making it obvious who it is. This should not be happening on here. What is wrong with you people?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]25 on the A roster is a joke

Mod ... They are singling out a girl and making it obvious who it is. This should not be happening on here. What is wrong with you people?

I don't know who it is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have no idea who it is that you people are talking about but will say you are all disgusting. Instead od being such a bunch of cowards you should speak u to the coaches or CR but your too much of a bunch of cowards to do that. I would personally love for any of you to express your opinion to the young girls dad but as you know and your daughters know you are too much of a coward to speak you when you feel something unfair is going on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are many 2021 players up on varsity

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryouts haven't started yet (he said sarcastically).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only in the towns with weak youth programs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is clearly getting personal for a number of individuals being singled out and is quite pathetic. Plenty of opinions from adults who should be setting a better example for their daughters. I would imagine the majority of those making comments don't have older daughters so have no idea how little all this matters in the context of the big picture of life. Appreciate that you have healthy kids that are lucky enough to play at this level. Appreciate that you have been lucky enough to meet nice families that will remain your friends way past this time in your life. If the only reason you have your kids playing or on these teams is to brag about what D1 college team they make it is quite sad. It will all be over before you know it. Enjoy the ride and hug your kids before they leave the nest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is clearly getting personal for a number of individuals being singled out and is quite pathetic. Plenty of opinions from adults who should be setting a better example for their daughters. I would imagine the majority of those making comments don't have older daughters so have no idea how little all this matters in the context of the big picture of life. Appreciate that you have healthy kids that are lucky enough to play at this level. Appreciate that you have been lucky enough to meet nice families that will remain your friends way past this time in your life. If the only reason you have your kids playing or on these teams is to brag about what D1 college team they make it is quite sad. It will all be over before you know it. Enjoy the ride and hug your kids before they leave the nest.

Amen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be plenty of 9th grade kids on most Varsity rosters. how much playing time is debatable, as is whether they would be better off on JV

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There will be plenty of 9th grade kids on most Varsity rosters. how much playing time is debatable, as is whether they would be better off on JV

There were a number of 2021's who played varsity in 7th grade, a fair amount in 8th grade. This year you should see a much larger influx of 2021's as 9th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were a number of 2021's who played varsity in 7th grade, a fair amount in 8th grade. This year you should see a much larger influx of 2021's as 9th graders.

Stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the dilemma. Is a 9th grader better off on Varsity, practicing with Varsity players, but getting limited playing time? Or, is she better off being a big shot, with a lot of playing time on JV? This is my first time through this rodeo as my oldest is now in 9th. She was asked to play with Varsity for the indoor KK winter league, and was told to attend winter practices as well (only a handful of 9th graders were). But I'm assuming this, by no means, assures that she will be on Varsity in the spring. Any thoughts from those who have had older daughters go through both scenarios? She has her heart set on making Varsity but I'm not sure it is the best for her development. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the dilemma. Is a 9th grader better off on Varsity, practicing with Varsity players, but getting limited playing time? Or, is she better off being a big shot, with a lot of playing time on JV? This is my first time through this rodeo as my oldest is now in 9th. She was asked to play with Varsity for the indoor KK winter league, and was told to attend winter practices as well (only a handful of 9th graders were). But I'm assuming this, by no means, assures that she will be on Varsity in the spring. Any thoughts from those who have had older daughters go through both scenarios? She has her heart set on making Varsity but I'm not sure it is the best for her development. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Totally depends on who will be coaching the JV team and the level of competition she is playing with and against. If she is a stud on JV without much help around her and playing bad competition she isn't getting anything out of it. Especially if the coaching isn't good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the JV team plays in a competitive league it may not hurt her to develop. However even if she doesn't play as much on varsity the practice with them may be beneficial.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the JV team plays in a competitive league it may not hurt her to develop. However even if she doesn't play as much on varsity the practice with them may be beneficial.

Getting daily reps in with Varsity in my estimation would be better. Competing against better players everyday will push her to get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Getting daily reps in with Varsity in my estimation would be better. Competing against better players everyday will push her to get better.

Not many reps for non starters on Varsity half the practice is 7v7 settled in critical scoring area with offense going over plays and defense working on their different zones and situations. One or two attack rotate in and one or two defenders rotate in with second middle line switching from offense to defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most underclassmen on varsity are because of low numbers Any strong program will have more than enough skilled upperclassmen to fill a roster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a fact. Look at west bab. Barely has a pal program. Maybe 60 kids and is pulling up 7/8 graders because of lack of bodies. Then you have wi who probably had 500 kids in their youth league and rarely takes any underclassmen unless they're good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a fact. Look at west bab. Barely has a pal program. Maybe 60 kids and is pulling up 7/8 graders because of lack of bodies. Then you have wi who probably had 500 kids in their youth league and rarely takes any underclassmen unless they're good

ESM had 8th graders last year and will have a few more freshmen this year, they have a great youth program. So has Massapequa and Garden City. So that argument doesn't hold water. Even WI have taken 8th graders in the past as well as freshman, now playing/played college lax at top 10 schools. But they were good players. The top girls will play up even in big programs, the lesser developed player will have to wait. Look at the bio's of these good college players playing at good schools and getting playing time, they all are 4-5 year varsity letterman. The 2 year varsity girls are unheard of in good college programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One 8th grader. And one freshman for the last two years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which school? ESM had more than one 8th grader last year. And many freshman played varsity in the last 6-7 years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ESM had 8th graders last year and will have a few more freshmen this year, they have a great youth program. So has Massapequa and Garden City. So that argument doesn't hold water. Even WI have taken 8th graders in the past as well as freshman, now playing/played college lax at top 10 schools. But they were good players. The top girls will play up even in big programs, the lesser developed player will have to wait. Look at the bio's of these good college players playing at good schools and getting playing time, they all are 4-5 year varsity letterman. The 2 year varsity girls are unheard of in good college programs.

Garden City never has 8th graders and barely have freshman on the team and if they are do not play significant minutes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the best programs have pulled up out of middle school, many of the worst have too. You also have horrible programs that still refuse to bring up kids who would no doubt help, to each their own. Even still it is a tiny, tiny percentage of girls who get pulled up 7-8th, and even 9th. But as poster stated earlier, it's usually not random players, usually this is done for kids you will see go on to excel in college. But to be brought up to not play may be a waste of time. But it is hard to know that when the kid d gets pulled up how it is going to play out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Many of the best programs have pulled up out of middle school, many of the worst have too. You also have horrible programs that still refuse to bring up kids who would no doubt help, to each their own. Even still it is a tiny, tiny percentage of girls who get pulled up 7-8th, and even 9th. But as poster stated earlier, it's usually not random players, usually this is done for kids you will see go on to excel in college. But to be brought up to not play may be a waste of time. But it is hard to know that when the kid d gets pulled up how it is going to play out.

The schools that don't pull up younger girls that they know can play up don't do to the pressure they receive from the parents who believe that their daughter is entitled because she's older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you haven't already, I would start by asking her why she wants to play varsity so badly. As others have said, there are plusses and minuses to both options and every situation is different (strength of each team, coaches, teammates, playing time, etc.). My daughter never had any plans to play beyond HS, so she was happy to play on age and get more playing time while she could. Others could be future top recruits and playing with and against better competition could help them develop. It's a personal decision you need to make with your daughter based on what's best for her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Many of the best programs have pulled up out of middle school, many of the worst have too. You also have horrible programs that still refuse to bring up kids who would no doubt help, to each their own. Even still it is a tiny, tiny percentage of girls who get pulled up 7-8th, and even 9th. But as poster stated earlier, it's usually not random players, usually this is done for kids you will see go on to excel in college. But to be brought up to not play may be a waste of time. But it is hard to know that when the kid d gets pulled up how it is going to play out.

The schools that don't pull up younger girls that they know can play up don't do to the pressure they receive from the parents who believe that their daughter is entitled because she's older.

Plus they don't want to deal with the parents of the other younger girls who think their daughter should be pulled up too. Easier to just say it's their policy than to have to justify which ones are pulled up. Maybe short-sighted, but it's the easy way out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which school? ESM had more than one 8th grader last year. And many freshman played varsity in the last 6-7 years

Here we go, its like clockwork...every time this topic starts, esm is right there...take a breath...good program in a terrible conf...got off the island once in the last 20yrs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many Top Programs do not need younger players to sit on bench. If the program has a solid JV coach leave the kids down. UNFORTUNATELY parents think their kid is the best and begs the differ. Its the coaches job to coach and parents job to cheer their kid on please don't get confused.

Page 12 of 17 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard