BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 35 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 34 35
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]It would be nice if brotherly love held these tryouts on a Saturday or Sunday as this would help attract kids from beyond the philly area . any idea which tourneys they are looking for ? that said, so many disgruntled Dukes Nationals players, should be pretty easy to attract some of them

DN has one ridiculously talented team 2022, one solid but imploding team 2023...2024 wouldn’t make the semi’s of an event that had the top 24 teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is fair to question the long term prospects of the Dukes Nationals Model. It was formed to be a feeder to Ebe Helms Dukes Teams since the divorce with Triple H. However, the 2022 Team is in High School Next Year so do they then go onto Ebe Helms Dukes Team which leaves G's Dukes Team with as stated above a solid 2023 team that is imploding and a 2024 that sounds like a bit short of National Caliber.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is fair to question the long term prospects of the Dukes Nationals Model. It was formed to be a feeder to Ebe Helms Dukes Teams since the divorce with Triple H. However, the 2022 Team is in High School Next Year so do they then go onto Ebe Helms Dukes Team which leaves G's Dukes Team with as stated above a solid 2023 team that is imploding and a 2024 that sounds like a bit short of National Caliber.

No one cares about Dukes Nationals anymore, it was a good program at one point but since the management does not adhere to what they preach (accountability, communication and depth chart) as guidelines for the "Program" parents and players see the real deal and are no longer interested in spending time/money on this team anymore. Unfortunately, I think it is going to hurt the high school program indirectly and kids will want to play for other teams and not have to deal with the Dukes issues that seem to follow teams around (Dukes South, Dukes North) were all train wrecks and it seems Dukes Nationals is headed in the same direction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one cares about Dukes Nationals anymore, it was a good program at one point but since the management does not adhere to what they preach (accountability, communication and depth chart) as guidelines for the "Program" parents and players see the real deal and are no longer interested in spending time/money on this team anymore. Unfortunately, I think it is going to hurt the high school program indirectly and kids will want to play for other teams and not have to deal with the Dukes issues
that seem to follow teams around (Dukes South, Dukes North) were all train wrecks and it seems Dukes Nationals is headed in the same direction.

The Dukes High School teams haven't been good since the fight that broke them up with HHH. It's just more of the same

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hot off the press. I just received an email from the guy that started Brotherly Love that they are going to have a National Team at 2023 to go along with there National Team 2024. Bates is the HC. That is just a ridiculously great move. Bates HC of Mid Atlantic National Team starting with the talent on Team Zeus ....I would throw up the white flag after that one.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick question, who are the Duke's teams playing on Sunday after their clinic at Duke this weekend? Are all teams, 2025-2022 playing? And Where? Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick question, who are the Duke's teams playing on Sunday after their clinic at Duke this weekend? Are all teams, 2025-2022 playing? And Where? Thanks!

Who Cares??? the bigger question is are the Eagles going to win the Super Bowl....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, When is enough lacrosse enough? How many games, practices are appropriate for our kids? Is there a tipping point? Too much of a good thing, or never can have too much? Of course all these boys are well rounded multi-sport athletes as well. What time do they close their school books at night after practicing or playing a game, or traveling to and fro? We keep piling more and more responsibility on kids. We ask them to make commitments to tournaments and forgo vacations (you know this happens), and everyone on here is ok with lacrosse taking bigger and bigger chunks of time. Really? And just because your kid enjoys something, that doesn't mean you can't step in as a responsible parent and say "enough".
Well this is going to sound crazy, but we actually speak with our son and make it clear that he's allowed to say if he feels like it's too much. Again, I know the whole parent/child communication thing doesn't fit what you want to frame, but I'm sorry to say that it's what we do. If you want to try to say "Oh yeah, riiiiiight!" then maybe you should take a look at yourself or whoever it is that you have such a problem with and to work on communications skills.

Regarding when "enough is enough/too much", it's a valid question for certain. And I would assume it's one that school (probably more so high school than middle school) athletes need to address. But this isn't new. Nor does it have anything to do with the sport of lacrosse and/or club lacrosse. I think that having your child learn to balance multiple challenges (school work, sports, friends, etc.) is a very critical life skill that parents should be working very hard to teach. Because, as it turns out, life only gets harder. And I feel like the coddling that so many parents are doing with their children right now is only serving to put more and more maladjusted "adults" into the world.

[/steps off of soapbox]

You sound like a conscientious parent. But, if you think setting a limit on the amount of time your kid spends on any one activity (lacrosse or otherwise) constitutes coddling, and if you think that parents don't exist as I've described, you are living in a different reality than the rest of us. If what I've said doesn't apply to you, don't get so defensive. The truth is, I wouldn't expect most on this forum to agree with me. It's like lecturing a bunch of smokers about quitting. At least smokers can claim drug dependence though. Have fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hot off the press. I just received an email from the guy that started Brotherly Love that they are going to have a National Team at 2023 to go along with there National Team 2024. Bates is the HC. That is just a ridiculously great move. Bates HC of Mid Atlantic National Team starting with the talent on Team Zeus ....I would throw up the white flag after that one.

So let me get this straight. All the BL parents come on here and talk about how Zeus is a top 5 team in the nation who can beat anyone and now BL is going to create a national team that is even better than Zeus? Seriously? Is Zeus no longer a top 5 team?

Pure arrogant money grabbing BS that just goes to show you the lacrosse community has lost its collective mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, When is enough lacrosse enough? How many games, practices are appropriate for our kids? Is there a tipping point? Too much of a good thing, or never can have too much? Of course all these boys are well rounded multi-sport athletes as well. What time do they close their school books at night after practicing or playing a game, or traveling to and fro? We keep piling more and more responsibility on kids. We ask them to make commitments to tournaments and forgo vacations (you know this happens), and everyone on here is ok with lacrosse taking bigger and bigger chunks of time. Really? And just because your kid enjoys something, that doesn't mean you can't step in as a responsible parent and say "enough".
Well this is going to sound crazy, but we actually speak with our son and make it clear that he's allowed to say if he feels like it's too much. Again, I know the whole parent/child communication thing doesn't fit what you want to frame, but I'm sorry to say that it's what we do. If you want to try to say "Oh yeah, riiiiiight!" then maybe you should take a look at yourself or whoever it is that you have such a problem with and to work on communications skills.

Regarding when "enough is enough/too much", it's a valid question for certain. And I would assume it's one that school (probably more so high school than middle school) athletes need to address. But this isn't new. Nor does it have anything to do with the sport of lacrosse and/or club lacrosse. I think that having your child learn to balance multiple challenges (school work, sports, friends, etc.) is a very critical life skill that parents should be working very hard to teach. Because, as it turns out, life only gets harder. And I feel like the coddling that so many parents are doing with their children right now is only serving to put more and more maladjusted "adults" into the world.

[/steps off of soapbox]
Have fun.

We do, thanks!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So let me get this straight. All the BL parents come on here and talk about how Zeus is a top 5 team in the nation who can beat anyone and now BL is going to create a national team that is even better than Zeus? Seriously? Is Zeus no longer a top 5 team?

Pure arrogant money grabbing BS that just goes to show you the lacrosse community has lost its collective mind.

Agreed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/steps off of soapbox]
Have fun.

We do, thanks!

At the expense of your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who Cares??? the bigger question is are the Eagles going to win the Super Bowl....

Alexa says "Yes!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big name no show like Urso, coaching at HS is too time consuming for this to work.
Plus, I'm sure the 2023's and the parents from Zeus will be thrilled with this conflict of teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/steps off of soapbox]
Have fun.

We do, thanks!

Literally impossible for you not to sit in accusation of other parents, huh? Since words are clearly so confusing the "We" in that statement actually includes my son. Because, as I've tried (though maybe I'll have to get the crayons out to do so) to explain, we actually value his input and allow him to be an active participant in decisions like this. We have a sneaking suspicion that this will allow him to actually become a better decision maker and better equipped to handle challenges as his life goes on.

But, again, please feel free to pretend like you have any idea of what every parent of a child on an elite travel team does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big name no show like Urso, coaching at HS is too time consuming for this to work.
Plus, I'm sure the 2023's and the parents from Zeus will be thrilled with this conflict of teams.

I really hope this works for the sake of my son. Where we are from in Canada, lacrosse activities are available 7 days 365. After moving here we were shocked at the lack of opportunity. No wonder we dominate! Anyway, it does look like the US is making progress with the national team concept. I am willing to spend whatever it takes (so is Jimmy) to get him more involved. I'm even thinking of forming a parents group so that we can take turns hosting practice sessions on that day or two when they aren't scheduled with their school, community, box, club and national teams. Gotta fill those gaps lest our boys miss the skill development, I mean fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/steps off of soapbox]
Have fun.

We do, thanks!

Literally impossible for you not to sit in accusation of other parents, huh? Since words are clearly so confusing the "We" in that statement actually includes my son. Because, as I've tried (though maybe I'll have to get the crayons out to do so) to explain, we actually value his input and allow him to be an active participant in decisions like this. We have a sneaking suspicion that this will allow him to actually become a better decision maker and better equipped to handle challenges as his life goes on.

But, again, please feel free to pretend like you have any idea of what every parent of a child on an elite travel team does.

So, you've taken a poll of every parent? Stop embarrassing yourself. And work harder to comprehend what you are reading before responding next time. You make me fear for our future. This is why people should be licensed to parent. You create arrogant, entitled monsters just like yourself. Not what the world needs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parent: Dr., my son has an obsession, an insatiable appetite for a game. No matter what I do to support him, it's never enough. He plays this game with four groups as it is and they don't just meet to play the game, they all have practices. It's not uncommon for him to be invited to attend sessions to develop different aspects of his game. When he's not doing structured practice, he works on his game at home. Dr., there is another group, an elite group, that he wants to be part of now. Should I do it? I mean, would it be responsible for me to do it? Dr., this just isn't a commitment for him, it is a family commitment as well.

Dr.: So, your son likes to play this game and you don't know when to say enough is enough? Seems to me the problem is not with him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, you've taken a poll of every parent? Stop embarrassing yourself. And work harder to comprehend what you are reading before responding next time. You make me fear for our future. This is why people should be licensed to parent. You create arrogant, entitled monsters just like yourself. Not what the world needs.
You do realize that you're talking about a lack of reading comprehension and me taking "a poll of every parent" when my post literally talked about "We" being myself, my spouse and our son. And then I told you to continue pretending like you had an idea about every parent of a child on an elite travel team.

I'm pretty sure the rest of your insane ramblings work themselves out for everyone reading after that piece of irony.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize that you're talking about a lack of reading comprehension and me taking "a poll of every parent" when my post literally talked about "We" being myself, my spouse and our son. And then I told you to continue pretending like you had an idea about every parent of a child on an elite travel team.

I'm pretty sure the rest of your insane ramblings work themselves out for everyone reading after that piece of irony.

I think we got off on the wrong foot. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to direct anything at one person or one family, but rather those in the room (despite my best efforts, I realize I can't convince you they are here) who my comments apply to. The laws of probability don't prove what I'm saying, but it makes it more likely than not. I'll be leaving you soon because this has become an exercise in futility. If one parent of one kid finds that their kid wants them to pump their brakes a little, I'll be happy with that. I'm not saying what I'm saying to be argumentative. My ramblings insane? I'm sorry you take it that way. For what I've said to have struck such a cord with you is something you might want to explore a little. I'm not sure why you'd take offense to something that doesn't apply to you. It did appear that there is another person on here who agrees with my assessment of the state of lacrosse today. To him/her I'd say that you're outnumbered. Take care of your kid and find a forum elsewhere. Take care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm gulping up as much lacrosse as they'll serve! It must be good for me if they keep offering more. A truly valuable lesson for my son. Discuss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting Statement. My kid plays for Urso on Brotherly Love 2022 and contrary to what many thought when he committed to coaching Brotherly Love several years ago the man has been committed. He rarely misses a practice and they obviously work around his Garnet Valley Schedule but the man is there. Jesus, I remember him having hip surgery and being on the sidelines in a freakin golf cart for the whole tournament. You my friend are a hammerhead that really should not speak to what they don't know anything about.

Let me see here. Bates commits to coaching a Philly based National Team that will likely attract some of the best talent in the Philly Area at the 7th/8th grade level and he is the HC of an elite private school in Episcopal Academy that many parents would welcome enrolling their star players....Sounds pretty smart to me. Expect Episcopal to be in the top 10 Nationally within a couple of years. Give me a break, Episcopal beat might Malvern two times last year with lesser talent. When a team that is less talented goes 2-0 against the superior team, my experience is that coaching has something to do with the wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting Statement. My kid plays for Urso on Brotherly Love 2022 and contrary to what many thought when he committed to coaching Brotherly Love several years ago the man has been committed. He rarely misses a practice and they obviously work around his Garnet Valley Schedule but the man is there. Jesus, I remember him having hip surgery and being on the sidelines in a freakin golf cart for the whole tournament. You my friend are a hammerhead that really should not speak to what they don't know anything about.

Let me see here. Bates commits to coaching a Philly based National Team that will likely attract some of the best talent in the Philly Area at the 7th/8th grade level and he is the HC of an elite private school in Episcopal Academy that many parents would welcome enrolling their star players....Sounds pretty smart to me. Expect Episcopal to be in the top 10 Nationally within a couple of years. Give me a break, Episcopal beat might Malvern two times last year with lesser talent. When a team that is less talented goes 2-0 against the superior team, my experience is that coaching has something to do with the wins.

Name calling doesn't change the fact that the 2022 team rarely practiced, having new and different kids all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL at thinking little Johnny is getting a full ride to Episcopal by playing for Brotherly Love

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It could also mean that the kids are more talented than you are giving them credit for, or at the very least had some really good days against more talented opponents. Coaching has something to do with every win, but there are too many other variables for you to imply that "therefore the coaches are better".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be aligned with Malvern Prep....still hurting?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL at thinking little Johnny is getting a full ride to Episcopal by playing for Brotherly Love

Not at all thankfully there are plenty of people on this board that have been blessed professionally and aren't looking for a full ride. But you are kidding yourself if you think that the EA coaching staff isn't recruiting kids from Brotherly Love, I know for a fact they are actively pursuing at least 5 of them and that is just the ones in my neighborhood.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong and no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not at all thankfully there are plenty of people on this board that have been blessed professionally and aren't looking for a full ride. But you are kidding yourself if you think that the EA coaching staff isn't recruiting kids from Brotherly Love, I know for a fact they are actively pursuing at least 5 of them and that is just the ones in my neighborhood.

Congratulations! 5 in your neighborhood? They can't get a decent public education where you decided to plant your family? We have some of the best school districts in the country in BL's area and they are free. More of the collective craziness of youth lacrosse. Sending your kid to a school for lacrosse exposure. Another admirable trend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong and no.

Just because the observation doesn't suit your narrative, that doesn't mean it's about sour grapes. Pretty juvenile response. Usually happens when someone can't back up their argument. Go ahead, dazzle me with your next response. I like the cut of your jib!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I like the cut of your jib!" Are you kidding me with that esoteric dribble? What are you going to say "shiver me timbers" next Captain Ahab? Not even really sure what your position is on the commentary you agree you disagree what commentary are you citing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Duke weekend in Durham go?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I like the cut of your jib!" Are you kidding me with that esoteric dribble? What are you going to say "shiver me timbers" next Captain Ahab? Not even really sure what your position is on the commentary you agree you disagree what commentary are you citing?

Yes, was kidding you with esoteric dribble. My position on national teams is that they are overkill. I disagree with anyone who believes that their kid needs more lacrosse time in their lives. The white whale you are chasing, cap, isn't likely one you'll ever find. If your kid does end up having the lacrosse dream you have for him, hopefully that dream is one he shares with you. Go Birds!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting, my kids went to the BL tryouts and he was excited to be a part of this team. Anyone that has ever played sports in high school and beyond can relate to this. Getting together with an all start type of format where everyone is good elevates the level of enjoyment of the sport. The passing and unselfish play that I saw at the BL tryouts was impressive. My older boy that plays for a good high school team was at the tryouts and this was his comments, "they are really unselfish and they are more skilled and move the ball better than my high school team"
Who wouldn't enjoy playing on a team like that even at the young age of 12 years old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting, my kids went to the BL tryouts and he was excited to be a part of this team. Anyone that has ever played sports in high school and beyond can relate to this. Getting together with an all start type of format where everyone is good elevates the level of enjoyment of the sport. The passing and unselfish play that I saw at the BL tryouts was impressive. My older boy that plays for a good high school team was at the tryouts and this was his comments, "they are really unselfish and they are more skilled and move the ball better than my high school team"
Who wouldn't enjoy playing on a team like that even at the young age of 12 years old.

So, your 12 year old believes he'll make the cut? No nerves or stress? All of those unselfish boys part of BL?You are wearing rose colored glasses. Go Birds!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke lacrosse big scam: who cares!! National teams at 12 . Aren’t do not buy into it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was another great mini-camp; kids had a blast and my son enjoyed seeing the University of Duke!! Hey the game on Sunday got moved up so everyone was able to get home to see the Super Bowl!! See to the gentlemen that was upset about a Sunday Game; no issues and both kids and parents had a blast!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was another great mini-camp; kids had a blast and my son enjoyed seeing the University of Duke!! Hey the game on Sunday got moved up so everyone was able to get home to see the Super Bowl!! See to the gentlemen that was upset about a Sunday Game; no issues and both kids and parents had a blast!

Oh my gosh! That's amazing! The University of Duke!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke University; lord this forum has turned into a complete joke. Everyone is so quick to jump on others and bring nothing but negativity. Your poor kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke University; lord this forum has turned into a complete joke. Everyone is so quick to jump on others and bring nothing but negativity. Your poor kids.

You don't know my kids, but you'd know how completely wrong you are if you did. The last thing they need is your sympathy. Great job getting it right on the second go with Duke. Negativity? If that's what you want to call reality, so be it. Just because you won't look at it, doesn't mean it's not there. Go look up some stats, there is a blog on this site, to see if the investment in all this fun is really sensible. Of course you are going to justify the amount of lacrosse time you allow your son to play. And, of course he loves it all and will be afforded a greater chance of success the more he plays. Show me the stats that somehow justify the increasing commitment seemingly required of youth lacrosse players. Sorry to bring you down, but I care as much about what you think as apparently you do about what I think. I do care that your kid could get burnt out and lose the joy for the sport.

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 35 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard