BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Boys 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it possible to attend a D3 school and just play ball if you pay the tuition. My son is destined to work with his hands and he can get that experience as an apprentice, but really loves to play ball. Cant find anything in the rule books on this anyone know the facts or anyone else who has gone this route. Thanks in advance.

Are you asking if you can simply pay tuition to a school, but have your son not attend classes, in order to qualify as a "student" in order to play NCAA lacrosse at said school??! For the love of God, please tell me I've misinterpreted your post . . .!

I am praying to God that you and I both misinterpreted this post. 12 credits per semester to maintain eligibility D1, i believe D3 can set their own requirments - I am almost positive that just paying tuition is not going to cut it. Good luck (i guess).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, just looking to pay to play and not be burdened/distracted with waste of time classes. So over rated. So full tuition, zero credits but like a meal plan and eligibility and housing so he can get the most out of the college experience without silly classes. Clearly coed colleges only we're interested in--that part I can research on the web on my own. You only live once and I want him to have the ideal experience,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it possible to attend a D3 school and just play ball if you pay the tuition. My son is destined to work with his hands and he can get that experience as an apprentice, but really loves to play ball. Cant find anything in the rule books on this anyone know the facts or anyone else who has gone this route. Thanks in advance.

Are you asking if you can simply pay tuition to a school, but have your son not attend classes, in order to qualify as a "student" in order to play NCAA lacrosse at said school??! For the love of God, please tell me I've misinterpreted your post . . .!

I am praying to God that you and I both misinterpreted this post. 12 credits per semester to maintain eligibility D1, i believe D3 can set their own requirments - I am almost positive that just paying tuition is not going to cut it. Good luck (i guess).

You will also need to achieve a certain academic level, IE, successfully complete courses in order to stay at said school and maintain eligibility to continue as a member of any NCAA team. Considering that many of the better D III lacrosse programs are schools that are also very competitive academically, both in terms of acceptance and ongoing achievement, I am not sure a non-serious student should consider that path, let alone a SA that has no desire to go to college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D3 has the same academic requirements. You’re son MUST attend classes. Additionally he must meet the standards to get in, including SAT/ACT. GPA. He must maintain a satisfactory GPA to remain I. Good standing to continue playing. So to answer your question, no he cannot go to school and just play lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotcha. I thought D2/3 was unregulated and you could just pick a college, pay and go and that was that. Did not go the college route myself.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotcha. I thought D2/3 was unregulated and you could just pick a college, pay and go and that was that. Did not go the college route myself.

Not that it's relevant to the 2020 board, nor even just lacrosse, but I've long felt that there should be NCAA athletic opportunities for people, such as your son, that might choose to attend an accredited school that led to trade. I realize this would require a sea change to occur, but there a lot of kids going to college for the wrong reasons as well as shortages in many trades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not that it's relevant to the 2020 board, nor even just lacrosse, but I've long felt that there should be NCAA athletic opportunities for people, such as your son, that might choose to attend an accredited school that led to trade. I realize this would require a sea change to occur, but there a lot of kids going to college for the wrong reasons as well as shortages in many trades.

When attending a trade school, most free time is dedicated to apprenticeships, with little free time for athletics. The goal is to get employed as quickly as possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When attending a trade school, most free time is dedicated to apprenticeships, with little free time for athletics. The goal is to get employed as quickly as possible.

I assume the guy talking about paying for school to play lax was a joke... I hope. However, I am a big fan of supporting the trades, very lucrative avenue for the right kid. Wasn't my road, but I'd support my son if he wanted it. To this point, there are some schools out there that offer construction management options. Perhaps a kid that wants a career in the trades would benefit from a degree like this, while also pursuing a trade. I also believe the JUCO route offers trade like options at their schools and also offers very competitive lacrosse. Top JUCO schools will compete and beat top 25 D3 and lower D2 and D1 teams. Very competitive lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I assume the guy talking about paying for school to play lax was a joke."

Good lord. Thank you. Yes, it was a joke.

Thanks to those of you with the patience to inform me though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Understood - but for many, such an option that deviated from the norm might make sense, if it existed, and to another responder's point, there are construction management programs and the like available already at some schools.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake reed that ship has sailed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some guidance:
When sending out short notes to coaches with semester GPA updates, is there any value to them to see early (sophomore year) PSAT scores, if scores are very high (99% percentile)? I realize that the PSAT is meaningless even for juniors except for those who qualify as National Merit Scholars, but these scores would be on track for that. Admissions offices would absolutely appreciate the value - just not sure whether coaches would and whether to include in update.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats. yes. send the score if its above 1000. if its not, readjust the schools your son is looking at. good initial weed out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son received an invitation to the Project 9 camp. Is this something worthwhile, or just another money grab? I would appreciate any insight. Thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"I assume the guy talking about paying for school to play lax was a joke."

Good lord. Thank you. Yes, it was a joke.

Thanks to those of you with the patience to inform me though.

I just hurt myself laughing at these posts.
Thank you! Very funny stuff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this board is best used for humor pay to play lax and the sliced open ton ton left on the sideline after the cold PAL game are my two favorite. So many meatheads on this site its unbelievable. Someday, maybe by their third kid they'll look back and say what an stunad and a jerk I was...

It like Howard Stern though--I keep tuning in to read the idiocy when I take a short break between my brain surgeries.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this board is best used for humor pay to play lax and the sliced open ton ton left on the sideline after the cold PAL game are my two favorite. So many meatheads on this site its unbelievable. Someday, maybe by their third kid they'll look back and say what an stunad and a jerk I was...

It like Howard Stern though--I keep tuning in to read the idiocy when I take a short break between my brain surgeries.

Huh????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
see what i mean. Perfect example. Go 'Pequa

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son received an invitation to the Project 9 camp. Is this something worthwhile, or just another money grab? I would appreciate any insight. Thanks!

My son just did it this past Fall. Overall I would say if you have the $, do it. My son hated it while it was going on, but was really happy that he did it after it was over. They work them very hard, its no joke, but the level of talent there is impressive. The kids were absolutely exhausted at the end of each day and were walking around the hotel with ice packs, etc. None of that standing around crap that you sometimes get with these events. The drills will be stuff he has probably seen before, but at a tempo he hasn't. The competition is totally legit and the kids all got along with each other. The exhausting work brought out the camaraderie. The instructors were as advertised and were all there for the whole event. Extremely gracious to the parents (although they do encourage the parents to only show up for the last day of games and not the other sessions). It was something really cool for him to be a part of and I'm glad he did it. So you know, its not a recruiting event, but an instructional camp on steroids. My son was invited back but he is going to pass on it. Its one of those things you do once if you are lucky enough to get invited. Two times is overkill (but to each his own). Plus tons of swag, as the kids say - tons. Good Luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone doing the Shamrock Shooutout in the JV division? Any insight into towns that have done it regularly before?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son just did it this past Fall. Overall I would say if you have the $, do it. My son hated it while it was going on, but was really happy that he did it after it was over. They work them very hard, its no joke, but the level of talent there is impressive. The kids were absolutely exhausted at the end of each day and were walking around the hotel with ice packs, etc. None of that standing around crap that you sometimes get with these events. The drills will be stuff he has probably seen before, but at a tempo he hasn't. The competition is totally legit and the kids all got along with each other. The exhausting work brought out the camaraderie. The instructors were as advertised and were all there for the whole event. Extremely gracious to the parents (although they do encourage the parents to only show up for the last day of games and not the other sessions). It was something really cool for him to be a part of and I'm glad he did it. So you know, its not a recruiting event, but an instructional camp on steroids. My son was invited back but he is going to pass on it. Its one of those things you do once if you are lucky enough to get invited. Two times is overkill (but to each his own). Plus tons of swag, as the kids say - tons. Good Luck

Thanks for the information. We decided against it, too expensive, and really no point unless you like seeing your sons name on Twitter. What ever happened to the Nike Ride? That was a cool event, and was free!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see a good number of 2020s doing well for their respective high schools. Good group of players at this year.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I see a good number of 2020s doing well for their respective high schools. Good group of players at this year.

The 2020 Class has a lot of players who can ball. No surprise to see them all doing well at their respective high schools

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about those tenacious turtles!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush barely got by Express. Not so dominant anymore. And Looneys and FCA weren't even there! Oh boy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush barely got by Express. Not so dominant anymore. And Looneys and FCA weren't even there! Oh boy!

Yep same looneys that got beat by the Rising Sons yesterday ! Haha the days of trash talking crush have long surpassed I will admit I was part of it the dominance they have had all these years puts them in a class of their own they may lose a game here or there but. The 2020 class has surpassed the younger grades crap of “my team is better than yours “

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"How about those tenacious turtles!"

What happened? Did they play somewhere this weekend? Did they fold already?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure they did ok, lost two games by a goal, one loss by 2, beat two decent teams. They are in the mix, not great, not bad either. About equal to Outlaws and Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yep same looneys that got beat by the Rising Sons yesterday ! Haha the days of trash talking crush have long surpassed I will admit I was part of it the dominance they have had all these years puts them in a class of their own they may lose a game here or there but. The 2020 class has surpassed the younger grades crap of “my team is better than yours “

TD you will never get past that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Crush nowhere near as good as the original Tenacious Turtles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 Crush nowhere near as good as the original Tenacious Turtles.

My older boy was with the original turtles for a period of time. Things started to fall apart as boys entered HS and their 9th grade summer they had several losses and not many tournament wins team like the WCS HHH/Dukes and a bunch others turned the tide.my younger son is a 2020 and The Crush is still a team that doesn’t lose. As kids get older there will be less and less blowouts Seems like the person who posted that is JD or a daddy that signed up for the new turtles hoping they would be the old ones

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure they did ok, lost two games by a goal, one loss by 2, beat two decent teams. They are in the mix, not great, not bad either. About equal to Outlaws and Igloo.

Adrenaline:
Igloo 4-2
Turtles 2-3
Outlaws 2-3

Igloo beat Outlaws in only game between the LI teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush>Express>Leg a sea>fL$>Igloo>Outlaws>Turtles>True Blue>Blue Fish>Hitmen

9/10 times these results stand...

And you know what...it still doesn't matter at all. There are kids on each of the lower teams that could be on the higher and kids on the higher that wouldn't start on the lower. We all know this so Let it be, let i be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched final game crush vs Express. It was a great game right up until the refs missed a call that would have gave the Express the ball and most likely the win. Instead it went to overtime. Regardless, one of the best travel games I have seen. Express and Crush have some of the best 2020 committed and uncommitted kids. Express defense did a great job on the crush attack.I hope I get a chance to see them play again.

Crush>Express>Leg a sea>fL$>Igloo>Outlaws>Turtles>True Blue>Blue Fish>Hitmen

9/10 times these results stand...

And you know what...it still doesn't matter at all. There are kids on each of the lower teams that could be on the higher and kids on the higher that wouldn't start on the lower. We all know this so Let it be, let i be.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Looking for some guidance:
When sending out short notes to coaches with semester GPA updates, is there any value to them to see early (sophomore year) PSAT scores, if scores are very high (99% percentile)? I realize that the PSAT is meaningless even for juniors except for those who qualify as National Merit Scholars, but these scores would be on track for that. Admissions offices would absolutely appreciate the value - just not sure whether coaches would and whether to include in update.

Many schools look for a pre read on a player. So if the player has the skill set to play at a school and also the grades its important to let the coaches know. You will not get a reply back till after the start of Junior year. This is based on the new recruiting rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the score is high of course send it. His psat scores are a more accurate indicator of his future performance on the SAT certainly than his 9th grade summer results...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"2020 Crush nowhere near as good as the original Tenacious Turtles."

Who would write this? And who cares? Ridiculous hypothetical JO statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush
Express
Legacy
Igloo
True Blue
Tenacious Turtles
FL$
Express B
Outlaws
Blue Fish
LI Tide
Hitmen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH 2020 beat Express this past weekend? How did that happen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush
Express
True Blue
Igloo
Legacy