Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 12:03 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 12:03 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:42 AM
True Annapolis
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:36 AM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 07/05/22 11:30 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,154
Posts341,775
Members2,465
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 191 of 200 1 2 189 190 191 192 193 199 200
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
America's Game #255579 01/28/18 09:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets be real. Shannon was an outstanding player that changed the way girls play the game. As a coach she is horrible. Her club team could be the best, attracting the best players on L.I. if she would just get her father, and brother away from it. She needs to learn that coaching doesn't mean yelling and degrading your roll players and heaping praise on your top players. I also think she needs to chose between Hofstra And Top Guns, until she does they will both suffer

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #255581 01/28/18 09:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are a stunad. Top 5 player of all time. She is reason we have shot clock now

Interesting that you think she is the reason for the shot clock. It was not her but her coach who used the stall , they did it prior to her getting there and after she left. Not a knock I just wonder how each program would be doing if JS had gone on to coach Hofstra and SS at SB. I have to say I think JS could turn around just about any program

Anonymous #255583 01/28/18 10:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to the college game...

Anyone see fall ball? What was the free movement like? sSeems to penalize the offense on a defensive foul by resetting the offensive player. Should just reset fouling defensive player to give offense a temporary man up.
I don't agree. Free movement worked well and helped speed up the game. They need to work out the kinks and make it work smoother with the quick start, but I'm sure that will happen quickly. I see your point on penalizing the O on a D minor, but remember that sword cuts both ways, if an attacker is out of position she can now quickly adjust. I also love the three middies only on the draw, it makes it much cleaner. put this all together with the shot clock and the game is much better. I do think the clock should are at 60 to 70 seconds though.

Yes saw a lot of games following my daughter’s team around in October. They are a mid major and played against mid majors and 3 top 10 schools (one of them SB—wow they are good) my feeling is eventually it will make the game better and faster, but that the refs were surprisingly ill prepared for it. The girls were more prepared for the rule than the refs.

Anonymous #255584 01/28/18 11:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are a stunad. Top 5 player of all time. She is reason we have shot clock now

Wow one Player personally responsible for the shot clock years after she stopped playing

America's Game #255586 01/28/18 12:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know the reason for Albany coach leaving so close to start of season?

Sponsored Links
America's Game #255589 01/28/18 01:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good coaches still need The Players to win. JS has been able to bring in some top talent. Couple the focus and support SBU has given their athletic program with JS's ability to sell and coach and you have a winning combination . Cost to attend SBU and the improved academics have also helped Stony Brook.

It is not only the ability to identify top talent but the ability to convince them to come to your school. There is no question that he is a really good coach but do not discount the favorable environment .

He has done what most coaches (outside the 10 or 12 top programs) can not do and that is convince top talent to come. Some of you will want to argue but year in and year out it is the same 10 - 12 schools that land the large majority of top players.

Stony Brook is now in that group. Everyone else on the outside looking in taking the players that the big girls passed on.

Hofstra is in the same boat as the majority of schools.

Anonymous #255594 01/28/18 06:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets be real. Shannon was an outstanding player that changed the way girls play the game. As a coach she is horrible. Her club team could be the best, attracting the best players on L.I. if she would just get her father, and brother away from it. She needs to learn that coaching doesn't mean yelling and degrading your roll players and heaping praise on your top players. I also think she needs to chose between Hofstra And Top Guns, until she does they will both suffer

Tg has zero chemistry during down time at tournaments. Where other teams have tents(where's the tents). Girls scatter like roaches and meet back five min before game time

Anonymous #255595 01/28/18 07:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tg has zero chemistry during down time at tournaments. Where other teams have tents(where's the tents). Girls scatter like roaches and meet back five min before game time

um wrong. perhaps some teams don't have chemistry or more likely the parents don't want to deal with some of the other parents... The parents organize the tents and what goes on under them not the club. My daughter's TG team has excellent chemistry, the girls are friends and see each other all year long. the team even gets together in the off season,

Anonymous #255596 01/28/18 08:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good coaches still need The Players to win. JS has been able to bring in some top talent. Couple the focus and support SBU has given their athletic program with JS's ability to sell and coach and you have a winning combination . Cost to attend SBU and the improved academics have also helped Stony Brook.

It is not only the ability to identify top talent but the ability to convince them to come to your school. There is no question that he is a really good coach but do not discount the favorable environment .

He has done what most coaches (outside the 10 or 12 top programs)
can not do and that is convince top talent to come. Some of you will want to argue but year in and year out it is the same 10 - 12 schools that land the large majority of top players.

Stony Brook is now in that group. Everyone else on the outside looking in taking the players that the big girls passed on.

You obviously have a kid committed to SB. No offense but they do not get the top recruits . JS gets the most out of the least but when was the last time SB had a recruiting class even good enough to be ranked , I think the answer is never. The top recruits rarely want to stay home and no college on LI can compare facility , campus or college spirit wise to many schools off the island.

Anonymous #255601 01/28/18 09:43 PM
P
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
P

um wrong. perhaps some teams don't have chemistry or more likely the parents don't want to deal with some of the other parents... The parents organize the tents and what goes on under them not the club. My daughter's TG team has excellent chemistry, the girls are friends and see each other all year long. the team even gets together in the off season,

Same. Left another club because the chemistry and fraternity was nonexistent. Found a happy home at TG. Each team is different though, even within clubs. If you aren't happy, move on.

Sponsored Links
Powderfinger #255605 01/28/18 11:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Same. Left another club because the chemistry and fraternity was nonexistent. Found a happy home at TG. Each team is different though, even within clubs. If you aren't happy, move on.
the parents don't buy the tents with the club logos. The clubs do. Tg does not give their teams anything. Half the time the coaches are late and the girls are warming up themselves

Anonymous #255610 01/29/18 06:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

can not do and that is convince top talent to come. Some of you will want to argue but year in and year out it is the same 10 - 12 schools that land the large majority of top players.

You obviously have a kid committed to SB. No offense but they do not get the top recruits . JS gets the most out of the least but when was the last time SB had a recruiting class even good enough to be ranked , I think the answer is never. The top recruits rarely want to stay home and no college on LI can compare facility , campus or college spirit wise to many schools off the island.

Sorry, none of my kids are committed to SBU.

You, obviously have a difficult time with reading comprehension and you definitely have a tough time understanding that words have meaning.

Where did it say anything about ranked recruiting classes? The post did however say something about "it is not only the ability to identify Top Talent but the ability to convince them to come to your school".

JS can definitely identity top talent and he can obviously convince some of that talent to go to Stony Brook. Coaching can only get you so far. Coaches need the players to get the team to the elite level.

Most coaches can't do it. They can't get the top players. The talent doesn't run that deep and the best programs get the best kids. The combination of talent and coaching is what makes the best programs the best.

America's Game #255612 01/29/18 07:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What, they don't have a tent with our logo on it!? My daughter played a ew years ago on TG and we brought our own tents, sat together between games, went to dinners together and still get together a couple of times a year....it sounds like you are just an [ChillLaxin].

Anonymous #255624 01/29/18 10:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, none of my kids are committed to SBU.

You, obviously have a difficult time with reading comprehension and you definitely have a tough time understanding that words have meaning.

Where did it say anything about ranked recruiting classes? The post did however say something about "it is not only the ability to identify Top Talent but the ability to convince them to come to your school".

JS can definitely identity top talent and he can obviously convince some of that talent to go to Stony Brook. Coaching can only get you so far. Coaches need the players to get the team to the elite level.

Most coaches can't do it. They can't get the top players. The talent doesn't run that deep and the best programs get the best kids. The combination of talent and coaching is what makes the best programs the best.

I credit JS fully for his own success. He does not land top talent, yet, but his program now has raised some eyebrows of the top upcoming recruits. He certainly doesn't spot top talent, what he does is even more impressive, he spots raw talent / athletic ability / heart, and finishes developing it. How often do you see that, but the other way around where the coach squanders the incoming players talents and they fade away. But even if he turns the program into a national championship winner, it will still be a sell to bring in the top talent. Take a coaches tour of one on the big schools, the support, facilities, trainers, academic support for athletes etc.... JS and SBU simply does not have what the others can offer and never will, which makes his ability to compete even more impressive.

America's Game #255626 01/29/18 11:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB is a top 5 team this year. It will be interesting to see how they do in the next several years with their 2018-2020 recruiting classes. Are they considered to be strong relative to other top programs?.

Page 191 of 200 1 2 189 190 191 192 193 199 200

Link Copied to Clipboard