BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 71 of 75 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
Re: 2016 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Orange doesn't have a 50 player roster so check your fax. And most schools carry a roster of at least 40 so again check your facts

orange had 51 in 2016...and wrong on most teams carry at least 40, most low 30s...check your facts...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC-28
SB-33
NW-40
FLA-42
MD-36
UNC-34
CUSE-43
PENN STATE-34

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Orange doesn't have a 50 player roster so check your fax. And most schools carry a roster of at least 40 so again check your facts

Orange has so many girls that some of them can't even suit up to sit on the bench. They sit in the stands.

That's comical

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syracuse 44 on current roster most other top teams carry 32-34.

You are correct. Up until two years ago they were at 51 or more. Maybe Gait realized that wasn't working. Look for the fresh LI goalie to help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct. Up until two years ago they were at 51 or more. Maybe Gait realized that wasn't working. Look for the fresh LI goalie to help
She won't play with current goalie there

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure that roster size was not his doing or to his liking. Look for smaller recruiting classes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll take UNC and Maryland, you can have everybody else. I agree with comment above some teams just wont ever get to the top for a variety of reasons but big game coaching is definitely an issue at some schools where they should have won already.

JS can definitely coach in the big game but he is always playing on the edge of the rules. Some of the changes had him in mind. If he gets to the championship game his coaching wont lose them the game.

he had maryland beat last year and somehow managed to lose the game...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure that roster size was not his doing or to his liking. Look for smaller recruiting classes

Exactly who is tell Gait who to put on his roster???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll take UNC and Maryland, you can have everybody else. I agree with comment above some teams just wont ever get to the top for a variety of reasons but big game coaching is definitely an issue at some schools where they should have won already.

JS can definitely coach in the big game but he is always playing on the edge of the rules. Some of the changes had him in mind. If he gets to the championship game his coaching wont lose them the game.

Tell me again what big games he has coached in and won?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think running lean and mean is better.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's see. I think SB has beaten every team at least once or more in the top 8 list except CUSE, MD, and UNC. How's that for a start? Pretty good on the D1 Wlax side. He's got a couple DII championships with Adelphi Wlax under his belt. Then we could look at the 2015 MLL championship. The inaugural youth WSYL championship and probably a few dozen more I'm not going to attempt to list. He's got his flaws, but coaching big games isn't one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's see. I think SB has beaten every team at least once or more in the top 8 list except CUSE, MD, and UNC. How's that for a start? Pretty good on the D1 Wlax side. He's got a couple DII championships with Adelphi Wlax under his belt. Then we could look at the 2015 MLL championship. The inaugural youth WSYL championship and probably a few dozen more I'm not going to attempt to list. He's got his flaws, but coaching big games isn't one of them.

SB is at least 7 games below .500 in games against top 10 teams since JS took over

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question referred to "Big Games".

As for the list of 8 you are referencing which is really 7 since SB is one of the teams... Add Princeton to teams on that list that he has not beaten. He has beaten 3 of the 7 and never in the playoffs.

We are not talking about DII and that was a long time ago.

Are you really bringing up 11 year old boys games?

The MLL is glorified club lacrosse. Those players have day jobs and they do not practice the way a college team or even a HS team does. The players are all excellent but it is not exactly the NFL and coaching does not play a major roll.

Big Games

2012: Lost to Albany in playoffs (after beating them during the year)
2013: Lost to Maryland in NCAA
2014: Lost to Syracuse in NCAA
2015: Lost to Princeton in NCAA
2016: Lost to Syracuse in NCAA
2017: Lost to Maryland in NCAA

He has done a great job and is a good coach. Stony Brook has improved and their SOS has picked up the past couple of years but they have been over hyped and have under performed when playing top teams in the postseason.

Maybe this will be the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Youth Lacrosse ? A few dozen more? Oh, you need to get a grip. My daughters team won some summer tournaments as well. I think the even won a 7 v 7 indoors.
Please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the skinny on the Albany coach stepping down?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question referred to "Big Games".

As for the list of 8 you are referencing which is really 7 since SB is one of the teams... Add Princeton to teams on that list that he has not beaten. He has beaten 3 of the 7 and never in the playoffs.

We are not talking about DII and that was a long time ago.

Are you really bringing up 11 year old boys games?

The MLL is glorified club lacrosse. Those players have day jobs and they do not practice the way a college team or even a HS team does. The players are all excellent but it is not exactly the NFL and coaching does not play a major roll.

Big Games

2012: Lost to Albany in playoffs (after beating them during the year)
2013: Lost to Maryland in NCAA
2014: Lost to Syracuse in NCAA
2015: Lost to Princeton in NCAA
2016: Lost to Syracuse in NCAA
2017: Lost to Maryland in NCAA

He has done a great job and is a good coach. Stony Brook has improved and their SOS has picked up the past couple of years but they have been over hyped and have under performed when playing top teams in the postseason.

Maybe this will be the year.

This "lost to (fill in the blank) in NCAA" is pretty much the same for all teams in D1 except NC and MD, oh and NU years back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where was Stony Brook before he got there? Did they even have a team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typical responses from some on this site. When presented with facts and reality that dispel their opinion they look to change the narrative or go on the attack.

The question was: "what big games has he coached in and won?".

Crickets...

He has the best offensive player in the country let's see what he does this year. But please stop the hype/spin machine.

Great coaches win in the postseason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow someone worked hard on that research to be fair MLL is far from club lacrosse lol any Losses in the NCAA are all to great programs. Let’s be fair like him or not the job he has done there has been absolutely astonishing i have a few daughters and i remember when he took the position there being curious what type of turnaround as SB in my daughters conference was a bottom dweller. I’ll say this he does The most with the least especially knowing kids that have gone there and the way they leave.
Someone who hasn’t won and i would call out is Syracuse far more talented rosters and some of his melt downs on the sideline derailed his teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was the one that posted about BIG Game coaching and while SB has been building towards the top and has lost games in the NCAA to only the top programs in the history of the sport. Maryland Syracuse and Princeton that said they Need to take the next step. I believe they will be a great team this year and think that will be good for the sport to have new teams in the mix whether they win or not My comment was actually directed at the Florida coach ( tons of talent year after year and back to back HOME early playoff losses starting strong and tanking at the end and also Syracuse who has personally cost his team with sideline antics in the biggest of games. Believe these programs are entering pivotal years
Overall i challenge everyone to keep this tab positive. Great constructive conversations about the sport as opposed to disparaging remarks and nastiness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow someone worked hard on that research to be fair MLL is far from club lacrosse lol any Losses in the NCAA are all to great programs. Let’s be fair like him or not the job he has done there has been absolutely astonishing i have a few daughters and i remember when he took the position there being curious what type of turnaround as SB in my daughters conference was a bottom dweller. I’ll say this he does The most with the least especially knowing kids that have gone there and the way they leave.
Someone who hasn’t won and i would call out is Syracuse far more talented rosters and some of his melt downs on the sideline derailed his teams

I don't think anyone worked hard on any research, all info is there in a few clicks of the mouse. Guessing that they were talking about Club Lacrosse of yesteryear ie Long Island Lacrosse Club, NYAC, Mt Washington LC , Maryland LC etc... That is where the top college players used to play after college before the MLL.

Change the focus and go on the attack but never mind facts.

Nobody said he has not done a good job. Someone made a claim about his ability in big games. Someone then boasted about youth lacrosse,
WDII from a long time ago and The MLL.

The Program has come a long way as have all of the Athletic Programs at SBU over the past 10 years.

No problem with JS, just can't stand it when people can't admit reality.
Kind of like arguing with a liberal. Reality, facts and truth do not really matter to them. They change the narrative, and go on the attack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at Albany he Has been ther for an eternity and the timing of this is very difficult for that team that should be pretty good this season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at Albany he Has been ther for an eternity and the timing of this is very difficult for that team that should be pretty good this season

He heard there was an opening at USA Gymnastics

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i am not from LI but what Joe Spalina has done at SB is remarkable with homegrown talent. Amazing how people hate successful people. its because they have been losers all their life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i am not from LI but what Joe Spalina has done at SB is remarkable with homegrown talent. Amazing how people hate successful people. its because they have been losers all their life!

Good cheap school, terrible campus, really not close to anything exciting but is drawing from a ton of really good LI kids who want to stay home. SUNY Farmingdale does the same in D3 in all their sports. Lots of really good kids that stay home. Spallina just wins and wins at every level with multiple teams with both men and women. He's not a big fan of rulebooks but he wins. Should have coached for the football raiders

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yeah it's pretty easy to win when you take the top talent. Go away braggart and stop kissing JS's butt, he doesn't deserve it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Homegrown talent? its the 2nd best area in the country for lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Happenings at Louisville, the Albany coach being let go at the 11th hour the McDonough HS coach stepping down right before spring some very interesting changes in the lacrosse world

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yeah it's pretty easy to win when you take the top talent. Go away braggart and stop kissing JS's butt, he doesn't deserve it.

I am from LI i think that most people that know the landscaper know that whether you like him or not (i personally have grown to like him admittedly originally did not). He is NOT winning with the “best “ he is winning with kids that are not being heavily recruited and they are developing into some of the best kids. Based on your comments you probably dislike him from the boys side. Just wanted to point out the players part

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Happenings at Louisville, the Albany coach being let go at the 11th hour the McDonough HS coach stepping down right before spring some very interesting changes in the lacrosse world

Scary

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats the matter your little Sally didn't get recruited? Enjoy watching her at Molloy College ..you loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure anyone has said anything about how they hate him. What I find amazing on this site is how people can not follow a discussion and how they love to ignore the truth and fats when they don't support their opinion or argument.

Try to follow:

- someone made a comment regarding JS's Big Game prowess.

- thee was a reply asking what big games has he coached inn and won? (assuming while at SBU)

- a response talked about beating a few good programs, distant DII Championships, Youth lacrosse and The MLL.

- there was then a post pointing out that although there have been a few wins vs traditional powers there really haven been any big wins in the postseason.

Nobody attacked him, simple facts were pointed out and those facts didn't jibe with what some want to believe. Take a look at any thread on this site, it is always the same story.

I think he is a very good coach and the program is doing great. However, I have read comments such "he is the best coach in the game". I think that is a bit of a stretch at this point. I will be pulling for him and SBU this year It would be great to see them in the final Four at Home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I honestly don’t know how anybody can say anything negative about his lacrosse coaching skills. I have no connection with SB but watched him coach for years at both Adelphi and SB. NOBODY gets their team more prepared for the season than him. The only knock on SB is something they have no control over, their schedule is not competitive enough and that hurts them in the playoffs. Well, actually he also pads his players stats more in meaningless games then any other coach, but I’m sure the players love that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats the matter your little Sally didn't get recruited? Enjoy watching her at Molloy College ..you loser

Not the original poster but...

One thing that I hate about the lacrosse scene is the ELITIST attitude. What is wrong with a playing at Molloy and getting an education at Molloy. Those women at Molloy are playing a sport they love and going to school. They might not be working on Wall Street when they graduate, but many will be nurses, teachers, etc. to you and your grandchildren. The girls that play at Molloy, Post, Adelphi, etc. will end up being the backbone of America. Using anyone playing or watching their daughter at Molloy (on any other school in that manner) as a punch line makes you the loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the original poster but...

One thing that I hate about the lacrosse scene is the ELITIST attitude. What is wrong with a playing at Molloy and getting an education at Molloy. Those women at Molloy are playing a sport they love and going to school. They might not be working on Wall Street when they graduate, but many will be nurses, teachers, etc. to you and your grandchildren. The girls that play at Molloy, Post, Adelphi, etc. will end up being the backbone of America. Using anyone playing or watching their daughter at Molloy (on any other school in that manner) as a punch line makes you the loser.

Spot ON! it's this attitude that ruins the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know who the front runners are but who has the best chance to surprise?

Is there a coach out there who has what it takes to guide their team to the Final Four or at least the Elite Eight?

Not talking about...

Cathy Reese - Maryland
Jenny Levy - North Carolina
Kelly Amonte - Northwestern
Chris Sailer - Princeton
Cindy Timchal - Navy
Acacia Walker - Boston College
Gary Gait - Syracuse
Amanda O'leary - Florida
Missy Doherty - Penn State
Kerstin Kimel - Duke
Karin Corbett - Penn
Joe Spallina - Stony Brook

There are many aspects to coaching. Identifying talent, selecting assistants, recruiting, motivating players, game prep, in game decision making, personnel decisions etc...

Who has what it takes to consistently compete with the top coaches and programs?

Lindsey Munday - USC is doing a great job.

Who else? Can any other Coaches compete with the best?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to the college game...

Anyone see fall ball? What was the free movement like? sSeems to penalize the offense on a defensive foul by resetting the offensive player. Should just reset fouling defensive player to give offense a temporary man up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to the college game...

Anyone see fall ball? What was the free movement like? sSeems to penalize the offense on a defensive foul by resetting the offensive player. Should just reset fouling defensive player to give offense a temporary man up.
I don't agree. Free movement worked well and helped speed up the game. They need to work out the kinks and make it work smoother with the quick start, but I'm sure that will happen quickly. I see your point on penalizing the O on a D minor, but remember that sword cuts both ways, if an attacker is out of position she can now quickly adjust. I also love the three middies only on the draw, it makes it much cleaner. put this all together with the shot clock and the game is much better. I do think the clock should are at 60 to 70 seconds though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know who the front runners are but who has the best chance to surprise?

Is there a coach out there who has what it takes to guide their team to the Final Four or at least the Elite Eight?

Not talking about...

Cathy Reese - Maryland
Jenny Levy - North Carolina
Kelly Amonte - Northwestern
Chris Sailer - Princeton
Cindy Timchal - Navy
Acacia Walker - Boston College
Gary Gait - Syracuse
Amanda O'leary - Florida
Missy Doherty - Penn State
Kerstin Kimel - Duke
Karin Corbett - Penn
Joe Spallina - Stony Brook

There are many aspects to coaching. Identifying talent, selecting assistants, recruiting, motivating players, game prep, in game decision making, personnel decisions etc...

Who has what it takes to consistently compete with the top coaches and programs?

Lindsey Munday - USC is doing a great job.

Who else? Can any other Coaches compete with the best?

I Virgina and Notre Dame in there as well.
The schools listed are the ones that gobble up most of the talent so it makes it difficult for other coaches to compete with them on a regular basis.

Colorado Coach also doing a good job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame I don't agree w. She has had plenty of talent and not gotten anywhere. Colorado, yes. Associate Head coach there has got to be the best, or one of the best, head coaching candidates around. There lost some key seniors tho. I would take a few of those coaches off the list above tho. Walker? Should not have been coach of the year. Until Kent hit the field, they were a slightly above average team. She was a great player, not a great coach. O'leary???

A few coaches outside these power houses that r great: Sung at VT, Kwolek at Richmond and Morgan at Mason. None will make final four, but they all make their teams better.

Page 71 of 75 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Link Copied to Clipboard