BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,977
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 48 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any opinions on the Warrior games?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

I'll be at Chucky Cheese. You should get off this forum and check it out for yourself if you are looking for a good time. Same BS post on 2024 thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll be at Chucky Cheese. You should get off this forum and check it out for yourself if you are looking for a good time. Same BS post on 2024 thread.

It's not a BS question. It's a valid question. And looking to find out opinion from people who went last year and/or tried out last year.
It has nothing to do with whatever is going on with the 2024 thread. I don't have a 2024 kid.

But you have a nice time at Chucky Cheese. My son loved the place when he was 4.

Anyone else with some real experience with the Warrior games able to give any insight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids had fun, received a ton of gear and got to know players they normally are competing against. Thinking it was probably a pretty enjoyable experience for parents also, playing time was evenly spread out amongst team. This year the 2025's are able to tryout for the 2024-2025 LI region NLC team. The NLC has been around for 9-10 yrs and is proposed as Academy training from various level College and HS coaches for the 1st 2 days and then compete against other regions for the final 2 days. Good options for the boys now as they get older, both seem like great experiences.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays 2024 (he is in 6th grade) He is a very good player, but won't make the top 3 2024 teams(he is close) . I attribute much of that to his maturity. He was born 10/06 and we did not hold him back. I watch the top 2025 teams play all the time and I know he could start on any of those teams. I have heard that there will be some 2024 boys born after the Aug 31st 06 deadline trying out next year and or the following year for 2025's ,as so to be able to play in world series. I checked out the rules and it is dob, not graduation year. Are there 2024's on any of the top teams as of now? I was told yes? Seems a bit pre-mature but was wondering how it is working out for them and how most people feel about that transition and there feelings on the transition of 2024 on age boys on there way?

You are correct, completely legal in spite of the complaining on this board. Rumor has it Express brought down a 2024 or two to their 2025 team already and it looked like it created some problems.

We have a few kids with late 2006 birthdays on the team October - December. They are true holdbacks and are in the same grade as the other kids and have been on the team since the beginning. These kids are in the 5th grade and socially are 5th graders. They have 5th-grade friends and 5th-grade interests. They may be a few months older but no one knows or cares. As far as the kids are concerned, they're all the same age.

However, you're talking about a kid who is socially more mature adapting being with socially less mature kids. As a parent, you have to ask yourself, will my son enjoy being with the little kids? Because that grade makes a difference socially. When he's in 7th grade, would he hang out with the 6th graders at school? Probably not. Personally, I wouldn't do it for that reason alone. It may be legal but it has to have some negative impact on your son.

It is “legal” for your boy to play on a WSYL team (in two years) based on his birthday. For now, your 6th grade 2024 boy, no matter what age or Birthday is going to be cheating/playing down.

Don’t fall into the trap, have a little integrity!

Translation - "Don't take my kids spot with your cheating wanna be holdback! I don't want to have to spend my summers whispering about you behind your back."

Or to your face...Cheating weasel!!!!

It's not cheating if Chan says so. He's the expert on dishonesty in youth lacrosse.

The weasel remark is so ignorant. So I am to understand you are ok with the on age 6th grader playing in 2 yrs but not now?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids had fun, received a ton of gear and got to know players they normally are competing against. Thinking it was probably a pretty enjoyable experience for parents also, playing time was evenly spread out amongst team. This year the 2025's are able to tryout for the 2024-2025 LI region NLC team. The NLC has been around for 9-10 yrs and is proposed as Academy training from various level College and HS coaches for the 1st 2 days and then compete against other regions for the final 2 days. Good options for the boys now as they get older, both seem like great experiences.

Thank you.
Does one or the other hand to attract the better players?
If a child could only afford to go to one, which one would be the best choice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Warrior games were fun last year. It was a great opportunity for kids to play with kids from other teams, as well as maybe play other positions than they normally do. They were generous with gear as well. Competition from the other teams sucked, but it was still a great time all around. My son loved it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The weasel remark is so ignorant. So I am to understand you are ok with the on age 6th grader playing in 2 yrs but not now?

I'm OK when rules are set and followed whatever they are.

So when the WSYL teams are set (age based) then a kid that fits, fits, everyone plays by the same rules and provides proof.

Now in a grade based system a kid that is currently in 6th grade (a 2024) should not be playing 2025, especially when Chan has invented the top secret "we are going to play your kid down because he got cut from the 2024 A Team rule" only for Express.

It is cheating. You weasel!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both great experiences for the players... Warrior offers great gear, tournament and a few team practices. Overall for a 1st year event they did a good job and will probably be even better this year. The NLC for the 1st 2 days offers Academy type of [ChillLaxin]/ clinic format but unlike most camps/ clinics the kids are for the most part all talented. The last 2 days the regions compete against each other. Warrior has 2 LI teams (North&South) now so making it might be easier and the NLC is a combo team (24&25). I'm assuming the 25's will have to really standout but there is a bunch of talent in this group so they should do well. IMO you can't lose if your son makes either event. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Warrior event for the 2025's was mostly Blast and Chan's kids... hopefully this year Igloo, Ducks and Geese have more of a presence at the 2 events. All 5 are talented teams with some really good players on each!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Warrior event for the 2025's was mostly Blast and Chan's kids... hopefully this year Igloo, Ducks and Geese have more of a presence at the 2 events. All 5 are talented teams with some really good players on each!

Mostly Chan and Blast kids because that's where the talent is duh. But with a North/South split there will be more room for the rest of the bottom feeder clubs and more dollars flowing into 91 and Chan's pocket. Everybody get's a trophy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm OK when rules are set and followed whatever they are.

So when the WSYL teams are set (age based) then a kid that fits, fits, everyone plays by the same rules and provides proof.

Now in a grade based system a kid that is currently in 6th grade (a 2024) should not be playing 2025, especially when Chan has invented the top secret "we are going to play your kid down because he got cut from the 2024 A Team rule" only for Express.

It is cheating. You weasel!

Its Not cheating!!! ... When the WSYL comes around for this group in 2-yrs. If the boys are of age Let them try out. No parent in there right mind should say anything about a kid who is of the correct age playing in this tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The warrior games were a complete waste of $$ last year. There was absolutely no competition there for the Long Island team. If you feel like flushing $1500 -$2000 down the toilet sign your kid up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the rules. You can’t just play in this tournament you have to compete with your team on a regular basis. The only way a player can play is if they graduate in 2025. Unless you plan on holding your 2024 kid back a grade so he will graduate in 2025 then he can’t play in the WSYL for 2025 doesn’t matter if his birthday fits the age requirement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like NLC is a better option, been around for years and 1/2 the price.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the rules. You can’t just play in this tournament you have to compete with your team on a regular basis. The only way a player can play is if they graduate in 2025. Unless you plan on holding your 2024 kid back a grade so he will graduate in 2025 then he can’t play in the WSYL for 2025 doesn’t matter if his birthday fits the age requirement.

Wrong! It states he has to be on the roster and play in 2 other tournaments with the team, then show proof of DOB at the qualifier.If the kids are born after Aug.31st 2006 they are allowed to participate. STOP already. Let the kids play. Don't penalize the kid because his parents did not hold him back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading comprehension is not your thing. And you keep using grade based numbers as your argument which shows how completely you do not comprehend what this tournament is or what the rules are. 3 tournaments with the same roster is the requirement, and the qualifier counts. Whatever grade you are in has zero to do with it. Why is this so difficult for you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let's get back to it and summarize, just follow the rules.

Not Cheating.
2024 of the correct age playing with mostly 2025's also of correct age two years from now in the WSYL.

Cheating Weasel.
2024 of the WSYL age (or any age) playing with 2025's now in grade based tournaments.

Simple.

Don't be a Weasel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This loser still whining about a kid plying in a meaningless fall tournament??? Good Christ, get a grip. What are you going to say when you have to play Maryland teams that have some double holdbacks. Or Massachusetts/Maryland teams that have kids playing based on expected grad year instead of current? Thats reality, Chief. You’re in for a bumpy disappointing ride. You may want to stock up on tampons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You had me until the tampon comment. Why do you have to be a total d-bag sexist? Scared for the future if you
are raising your son to be anything like you. Your poor wife.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You had me until the tampon comment. Why do you have to be a total d-bag sexist? Scared for the future if you
are raising your son to be anything like you. Your poor wife.

He probably got beat up by a girl and can't live it down. Or one laughed at his little trooper.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can’t play on a 2025 team if your graduation year is 2024. So the date of birth being after 8/31/06 for WSYL is irrelevant if the player is 2024 graduation year. If your young ‘06 player can’t make an elite A team in the 2024 level that shouldn’t be the problem of the 2025 kids. Get your kid some quality training and maybe he could make an elite 2024 team this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"that's where the talent is" it has some good kids , some mediocre and some who want the jersery. Like every other team. Get off the meth pipe...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can’t play on a 2025 team if your graduation year is 2024. So the date of birth being after 8/31/06 for WSYL is irrelevant if the player is 2024 graduation year. If your young ‘06 player can’t make an elite A team in the 2024 level that shouldn’t be the problem of the 2025 kids. Get your kid some quality training and maybe he could make an elite 2024 team this summer.

WSYL is an age-based tournament - eligibility has zero to do with graduation year/grade, ONLY DOB. It's really not that hard, and there is no inherent benefit in such a criteria for a player that is in either the 'on-age' grade or not; you're either born between the cutoff dates or you're not, and whether you might have some slight differences in social maturation based upon grade is really irrelevant for a 365-day window. And that's the way all of lacrosse should be!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WSYL is an age-based tournament - eligibility has zero to do with graduation year/grade, ONLY DOB. It's really not that hard, and there is no inherent benefit in such a criteria for a player that is in either the 'on-age' grade or not; you're either born between the cutoff dates or you're not, and whether you might have some slight differences in social maturation based upon grade is really irrelevant for a 365-day window. And that's the way all of lacrosse should be!

I dont think people expected the WSYL to be as successful as its been and now people see age can work, but grade isn't changing. So things get stuck in this odd state of folks trying to blend the two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont think people expected the WSYL to be as successful as its been and now people see age can work, but grade isn't changing. So things get stuck in this odd state of folks trying to blend the two.

You'll get no argument from me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blend the two in two years ! Now blending is cheating

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blend the two in two years ! Now blending is cheating

Just move lax to age-based play like every other youth sport already figured out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know 2025 Chan schedule?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, but why do you east coast people have such a hard time understanding dates? It's kind of weird honestly. Why do graduation years keep being mentioned when they have nothing to do with the WSYL? I really do not understand the confusion, it's not that hard!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, but why do you east coast people have such a hard time understanding dates? It's kind of weird honestly. Why do graduation years keep being mentioned when they have nothing to do with the WSYL? I really do not understand the confusion, it's not that hard!

They are not that swift out in Suffolk County.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Swift enough to know a 6th grader should be playing 2024 and that anything else is cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Swift enough to know a 6th grader should be playing 2024 and that anything else is cheating.

I'm a total advocate for age-based play, so cannot figure out why you are continuing to [ChillLaxin] about an age-based tournament (WSWL), and using grade based criteria as the basis of your bitching. wth?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow east coast.... swift enough to not understand basic, and I mean basic, numbers. Being in 6th grade does not matter, being a 2024 does not matter, height and weight does not matter, hair color does not matter, language spoken, you guessed it, does not matter. The ONLY thing that matters is your birthday. I'm starting to think you are the parent of a holdback who is being left out and you hate being exposed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes

Playing as 2024 after USLacrosse put in their age verification process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question, is it true that Express has a 6th grader playing 2025 this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, Chan would never cheat!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question, is it true that Express has a 6th grader playing 2025 this year?----
They have multiple players that are 6th graders that play on a 5th grade team. I have proof that the Attackman who they run their entire offense through isn't even eligible for World series!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question, is it true that Express has a 6th grader playing 2025 this year?----
They have multiple players that are 6th graders that play on a 5th grade team. I have proof that the Attackman who they run their entire offense through isn't even eligible for World series!!!!!

When you consider that LIE has multiple teams at many grade levels, roster sizes that approach t hat of a college team, there's really no reason for them to have boys playing down, even by the loose standards that club lax employs. When people say club lacrosse is the wild west due to no governance, it isn't hyperbole - it's fact!

Page 33 of 48 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard