BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 78 of 86 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2023 is terrible. Got destroyed in HoCo last year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madlax 2023 is terrible. Got destroyed in HoCo last year.

Which N.VA team beat them in HOCO? Re-read the comment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is DONE...more clubs that offer the same thing for less money...Daddy ball is back there young coach's don't know how to deal with kids. I love there quarterly fee which is like buying air. And my kid made it and left...thank you Happy New Year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is DONE...more clubs that offer the same thing for less money...Daddy ball is back there young coach's don't know how to deal with kids. I love there quarterly fee which is like buying air. And my kid made it and left...thank you Happy New Year

If your son crushes the competition the same way you crush the legacy of your second grade grammar teacher he will be fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has a dad coaching his own son. Part of the reason kids have left that team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax has a dad coaching his own son. Part of the reason kids have left that team.

I laugh at this because I used to bash teams for the Dad coaches and everyone bashed me saying as long as the Dad is a good coach its not a big deal. But now that Madlax has a Dad coaching a team everyone is going nuts about it. What year team is this dad coaching? Let me know if he is coaching a high school age team then we can get all worked up. But I am pretty sure he is coaching a youth/middle school age team. And with the new Sept 1st rule pushing back the college looks its not a big deal this dad is coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I laugh at this because I used to bash teams for the Dad coaches and everyone bashed me saying as long as the Dad is a good coach its not a big deal. But now that Madlax has a Dad coaching a team everyone is going nuts about it. What year team is this dad coaching? Let me know if he is coaching a high school age team then we can get all worked up. But I am pretty sure he is coaching a youth/middle school age team. And with the new Sept 1st rule pushing back the college looks its not a big deal this dad is coaching.

Nothing like "daddy ball" on a 7th or 8th grade travel club team. Rec is understandable, not a high level travel squad.

The bigger issues are the outdated and over coached offensive schemes that MadLax runs. It's predominantly iso-based with the coach barking out every individual iso and movement as though he has a joystick. The reason one kid left is because the offense was so scripted and didn't allow kids to just play and attack the cage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I laugh at you because nobody here is in favor of dads coaching, especially their own kids. Fine for rec, but not when you pay $3K at year for Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played Madlax awhile back. Kid is now in college. Nobody cares if one team out of the dozens of teams madlax has is coached by a dad, and it's even less relevant if that dad is the owner.

Nothing like "daddy ball" on a 7th or 8th grade travel club team. Rec is understandable, not a high level travel squad.

The bigger issues are the outdated and over coached offensive schemes that MadLax runs. It's predominantly iso-based with the coach barking out every individual iso and movement as though he has a joystick. The reason one kid left is because the offense was so scripted and didn't allow kids to just play and attack the cage.

Haha. Right. Lots of teams start out with an iso to try to draw a slide, then it's ball movement. I wouldn't say that is an outdated schema. You are misinformed, Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played Madlax awhile back. Kid is now in college. Nobody cares if one team out of the dozens of teams madlax has is coached by a dad, and it's even less relevant if that dad is the owner.

Haha. Right. Lots of teams start out with an iso to try to draw a slide, then it's ball movement. I wouldn't say that is an outdated schema. You are misinformed, Dad.

Also I have heard the logic behind this style of O they run allows for the kids to showcase themselves for the recruiters the best. The college coach wants to see your talent not a step by step football play that if practiced for hours can trick a D. This might win you a extra game or two but is this best for your sons skill development and college looks? Just compared it to Basketball. Do you want to see a kid dribble past a guy with a crossover then hit a cutter in full stride? Or do you want to see the team make 5 scripted picks and movements and have a guy come wide open? Yes this wins games but as a college coach watching can you tell what kid can play at the next level?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"This might win you a extra game or two but is this best for your sons skill development and college looks?"

If you are this naive about the sport of lacrosse I would suggest at games that you simply watch and cheer. I have heard from many college coaches that what they look for as much as anything is what a player does off ball. If a coach runs a good offense this will showcase that skill even more. I have watched Madlax games at different ages and they are trying to get players into college as that is good for business however a coach is a coach and they do run an offense and want to win. If they ran an obvious ISO just to focus on a player it would be easy to defend knowing they will not make the second and third pass. If a college coach watches a player manage to be "wide" open as the fifth look in a motion offense that will look very good to that coach. If a player on a ISO play runs right into a double or triple and loses the ball not so much. Trust that the coaches understand the finer points of the game more than you do and do not forget to pay your fee to Madlax on time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree that an ISO initiates the offense, however in outdated ISO-based offenses, there's very little ball movement and it promotes bad habits such as kids standing around and waiting for the coach to call every ISO/dodge.

In today's college and high school offensive schemes, the initial dodge is typically the "window dressing". The actual dodge that teams are looking for happens off ball, typically two passes after the initial dodge because defenses have become so good at sliding early and anticipating the initial dodge.

More importantly, when there's an initial dodge in high level offensive schemes, there are screens and picks being set on the backside working with the crease to get an open look.

Ball movement, off ball movement, and dodging immediately off ball movement is what teaches kids to play much faster with higher IQ versus standing around and waiting for coaches to bark out every individual iso.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"This might win you a extra game or two but is this best for your sons skill development and college looks?"

If you are this naive about the sport of lacrosse I would suggest at games that you simply watch and cheer. I have heard from many college coaches that what they look for as much as anything is what a player does off ball. If a coach runs a good offense this will showcase that skill even more. I have watched Madlax games at different ages and they are trying to get players into college as that is good for business however a coach is a coach and they do run an offense and want to win. If they ran an obvious ISO just to focus on a player it would be easy to defend knowing they will not make the second and third pass. If a college coach watches a player manage to be "wide" open as the fifth look in a motion offense that will look very good to that coach. If a player on a ISO play runs right into a double or triple and loses the ball not so much. Trust that the coaches understand the finer points of the game more than you do and do not forget to pay your fee to Madlax on time.

Did you see where my post you are quoting has a ??????? at the end? I was only starting the conversation to hear others make points on both sides. See this is how these kind of boards work best. Someone has to make points and someone has to come up with questions to give people a chance to make there points. But go ahead and think I know nothing about this game and how to play it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Appreciate all the dad lacrosse lessons, but have you been to a high school recruiting tournament? They are a different beast - LOTs of selfishness and for good reason. Coaches reward kids that "go to the cage" and score - that's the reality. Just watch when a kid scores, every coach's head drops and they make a note. When a kid beats his man, and moves the ball, only to have it stick in the next kids stick, most coaches (not all) don't bat an eye. Furthermore, no chance any of these club teams are getting the ball to a "fifth look in a motion offense", get real, most high school and even some college teams would struggle being that disciplined. Your example is lame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Appreciate all the dad lacrosse lessons, but have you been to a high school recruiting tournament? They are a different beast - LOTs of selfishness and for good reason. Coaches reward kids that "go to the cage" and score - that's the reality. Just watch when a kid scores, every coach's head drops and they make a note. When a kid beats his man, and moves the ball, only to have it stick in the next kids stick, most coaches (not all) don't bat an eye. Furthermore, no chance any of these club teams are getting the ball to a "fifth look in a motion offense", get real, most high school and even some college teams would struggle being that disciplined. Your example is lame.

They look for both . Please know what you are talking about before you lend advice. Coaches look at many aspects of a child’s game. Knowing when to go to the cage and when to pass, it’s called good decision making. Defense;, speed, over hustle are all parts as well .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you think the top 2 kids left Madlax 2023? Because of the dad coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did the two top kids go play for? I bet that is the real reason they left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is over rated, too expensive and Young Coaches come and go. There are better options in Va.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is over rated, too expensive and Young Coaches come and go. There are better options in Va.

For the 100000 time Madlax is only $1500 a year more then the cheapest program in the DMV and it is only $400 or so more then most of the better programs. Also they play more tournaments then most of the other programs. So more tournaments would equal more money correct. They do a monthly fee correct but the other teams just get that money as part of other charges. Someone from the Joke of a club EVERGREEN please post the total it cost for 12 months with this program and also say what tournaments you attended?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For the 100000 time Madlax is only $1500 a year more then the cheapest program in the DMV and it is only $400 or so more then most of the better programs. Also they play more tournaments then most of the other programs. So more tournaments would equal more money correct. They do a monthly fee correct but the other teams just get that money as part of other charges. Someone from the Joke of a club EVERGREEN please post the total it cost for 12 months with this program and also say what tournaments you attended?

Actually it's a quarterly fee of $225 for the "MadLax Academy" which is ridiculous. The only thing you receive as part of the academy fee are weekly Winter workouts that include approx (4) one hour sessions, everything else has a fee associated with it including Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter Box registrations in addition to all of the clinics and camps they offer. The price has increased substantially over the past 2 years specifically for the Spring and Summer registration.

The value is that your son plays against better competition in practices, games, and tournaments in comparison to the other clubs in NoVA which typically have inferior talent and play much weaker competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did the two top kids go play for? I bet that is the real reason they left.

There is no dad coach on 2023 Capital.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crabs and club blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So just guessing the Club blue kid will be going to GT prep. and the Crabs kid lives closer to Baltimore then NOVA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So just guessing the Club blue kid will be going to GT prep. and the Crabs kid lives closer to Baltimore then NOVA?

No, the Crabs kid livesin NoVA. They both wanted to get as far away from Madlax as possible.

The poster was incorrect. Madlax has two dad coaches. One coaches their 2022 team and the other the 2024 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, the Crabs kid livesin NoVA. They both wanted to get as far away from Madlax as possible.

The poster was incorrect. Madlax has two dad coaches. One coaches their 2022 team and the other the 2024 team.

Well if you are driving to Balt. from NOVA you are just a crazy dad. Leaving Madlax is whatever but to drive to Balt. from NOVA puts you in the crazy group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The value is that your son plays against better competition in practices, games, and tournaments in comparison to the other clubs in NoVA which typically have inferior talent and play much weaker competition.

True when it comes to Cav or Top Caliber. Not true when it comes to VLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well once again VLC can only be 20 kids or so correct. and Black wolf can only be 20 kids or so. Then you have Madlax so even if you put these other two above Madlax which I do not for every level. But if you do Madlax is still a top three program and the others are way behind these three programs they really are. Those great Cavs teams at the younger ages will be losing there best players to these three clubs listed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well once again VLC can only be 20 kids or so correct. and Black wolf can only be 20 kids or so. Then you have Madlax so even if you put these other two above Madlax which I do not for every level. But if you do Madlax is still a top three program and the others are way behind these three programs they really are. Those great Cavs teams at the younger ages will be losing there best players to these three clubs listed.

Time will tell but CAV 2023 will test your theory. This is the only team in NOVA ranked by IL and they have never lost to VLC. This is a tight group of kids that will stick together. Right now they are the top team in N.VA The landscape is always changing. Club lacrosse is only about 10-12 years old in NOVA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Time will tell but CAV 2023 will test your theory. This is the only team in NOVA ranked by IL and they have never lost to VLC. This is a tight group of kids that will stick together. Right now they are the top team in N.VA The landscape is always changing. Club lacrosse is only about 10-12 years old in NOVA.

Well if those kids stay and they are as good as you say they are it will be a great injustice to those really good players on that team. Because the CAVs have not ever been invited to a real high school tournament in the history of the program. If 2023 really does have any D1 kids on this team it will be really hard from them to make D1 unless those parents pay for extra Showcases and Prospect days. Here is how you test this theory pick whatever top notch program you would like Crabs,LI Express, Madlax, Blackwolf, and the several others. Now go to the high school teams websites and look at the summer schedule of where they will be playing. Now log onto the Cavs page and look at the high school teams schedule. if any of them match I will be shocked because I have had 2 high school sons and I have never once seen a CAVs high school team play in a top notch high school tournament. I have always like the team and coaches for the CAVs but they do not get into the top places to be seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC 2023 just was formed this year. Both Madlax and VLC would absolutely destroy Cav 2023, as would any decent club. You dads are delusional.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if you are driving to Balt. from NOVA you are just a crazy dad. Leaving Madlax is whatever but to drive to Balt. from NOVA puts you in the crazy group.

It is not crazy to play for the Crabs if you live in NoVA and think that is your best option. People in the DMV have been sending their kids to Crabs practices for years. It's only another 20+ minutes in the car to get to Boys Latin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize that your son's team is ranked 16th out of the teams registered for WSYL and doesn't include teams not going to Denver?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not crazy to play for the Crabs if you live in NoVA and think that is your best option. People in the DMV have been sending their kids to Crabs practices for years. It's only another 20+ minutes in the car to get to Boys Latin.

There has been some crazy things posted on this site but you just won for the most outlandish post ever. Unless you post a picture of your personal helicopter or flying car, there is now way to get from N.VA to BL in 20 minutes. It may take an hour and 20 minutes. I would be more likely to believe that Evergreen will win the Elite Div this year than believe you can get to a Crabs practice in 20 minutes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if those kids stay and they are as good as you say they are it will be a great injustice to those really good players on that team. Because the CAVs have not ever been invited to a real high school tournament in the history of the program. If 2023 really does have any D1 kids on this team it will be really hard from them to make D1 unless those parents pay for extra Showcases and Prospect days. Here is how you test this theory pick whatever top notch program you would like Crabs,LI Express, Madlax, Blackwolf, and the several others. Now go to the high school teams websites and look at the summer schedule of where they will be playing. Now log onto the Cavs page and look at the high school teams schedule. if any of them match I will be shocked because I have had 2 high school sons and I have never once seen a CAVs high school team play in a top notch high school tournament. I have always like the team and coaches for the CAVs but they do not get into the top places to be seen.

I do not even need to go the the website to tell you Cav's has players committed to Army, Towson, HPU many not the numbers of the other programs yet but they have players playing and committed to D1 programs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There has been some crazy things posted on this site but you just won for the most outlandish post ever. Unless you post a picture of your personal helicopter or flying car, there is now way to get from N.VA to BL in 20 minutes. It may take an hour and 20 minutes. I would be more likely to believe that Evergreen will win the Elite Div this year than believe you can get to a Crabs practice in 20 minutes.

Work on your reading comprehension. The poster said "it's only ANOTHER 20+ minutes to get to BL". In other words, driving from NOVA to Baltimore is only 20 or so MORE minutes more than driving somewhere else in the DMV.

Are you really that stupid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not even need to go the the website to tell you Cav's has players committed to Army, Towson, HPU many not the numbers of the other programs yet but they have players playing and committed to D1 programs

Well sir keep reading my full post. I can promise you those kids 1 played at a top private school "PVI" , 2 spent lots of time and money doing showcases and prospect days. Yes it can be done but its a lot harder road.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Work on your reading comprehension. The poster said "it's only ANOTHER 20+ minutes to get to BL". In other words, driving from NOVA to Baltimore is only 20 or so MORE minutes more than driving somewhere else in the DMV.

It takes at least 20 min on 95 to go from 495 to 695. At rush hour would take at least 30 minutes to BL from 95/695 but probably closer to an hour. I live in Lutherville a few towns north of BL. Could take me 20 minutes to BL leaving at 5:30. There's nothing special about the water here that makes the coaching or players better. Maybe 20 years ago. I can't imagine spending 3 hours 2/week traveling to and from home for youth lacrosse. Maybe in HS when it's 8-10 practices in summer and could help with college recruiting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where in Northern VA can you get to Baltimore in 20 minutes? If the parents want to make the commitment fine but "another 20 minutes from where?" You cannot get to Baltimore from Bethesda either in 20 Min. Teams have mid week practices. Might as well play for Dukes and fly to practice or take the train. Either way it is a huge investment that will cost way more than 20 minutes. But to answer your question, I decided to comment on this idiotic topic so I guess I am that stupid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evergreen and Cavalier have superior coaching, better athletes, and better facilities than Madlax. Madlax is old news for the 2021 classes and younger.. Just watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evergreen and Cavalier have superior coaching, better athletes, and better facilities than Madlax. Madlax is old news for the 2021 classes and younger.. Just watch.

These two teams play in Crap tournaments. When Evergreen and Cavs play in a real tournaments please repost. Until then all 8th graders will be leaving these two programs for the big 3 in NOVA

Like Reply Quote
Page 78 of 86 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard