BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,812
Posts386,914
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 24 of 47 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My guess is the HOCO AA or Elite; however you want to label it will have 6 teams:

Club Blue
Hawks
Crabs
FCA
Looney's
BLC

I really do not think any other team(s) should be in that division other than the top 6.

Next Level certainly belongs in there. And Madlax had the same record in HOCO as Looney's last year.

Good luck keeping Millon and 91 out of that division

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is the HOCO AA or Elite; however you want to label it will have 6 teams:

Club Blue
Hawks
Crabs
FCA
Looney's
BLC

I really do not think any other team(s) should be in that division other than the top 6.

Next Level for sure

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes My Bad; Next Level should definitely be in the Elite Division.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
2023 top division should be done one of 2 ways-

7 top teams- Club Blue Hawks Crabs FCA Looney's BLC NL all play each other once. No easy games, all teams play each other. Only con is uneven # requires byes, midweek game. I guess leaves out teams that might want higher comp

or

12 teams Club Blue Hawks Crabs FCA Looney's BLC NL 91 Madlax, South River, Cavalier, VLC.

6 team divisions. You play each team in division and 1 cross division game. 1st and 2nd place in each division make playoff. Divisions based on last years finish-

Div 1 - Club Blue FCA Bethesda Looneys 91 VLC
Div 2 - Crabs Next Level Hawks Madlax Cavalier SR

Inter division games would be against similarly ranked team from last year. Ie Crabs play CB, VLC play SR etc.. The 6 teams that had winning records in AA would have 3 games vs each other plus a game vs either Looneys or MAdlax and a couple of games that they should win easily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Fred44

7 top teams- Club Blue Hawks Crabs FCA Looney's BLC NL all play each other once. No easy games, all teams play each other. Only con is uneven # requires byes, midweek game. I guess leaves out teams that might want higher comp

or

12 teams Club Blue Hawks Crabs FCA Looney's BLC NL 91 Madlax, South River, Cavalier, VLC.

6 team divisions. You play each team in division and 1 cross division game. 1st and 2nd place in each division make playoff. Divisions based on last years finish-

Inter division games would be against similarly ranked team from last year. Ie Crabs play CB, VLC play SR etc.. The 6 teams that had winning records in AA would have 3 games vs each other plus a game vs either Looneys or MAdlax and a couple of games that they should win easily.

Better yet, East and West:
East: Crabs, FCA, 91, Looney's, Hawks, SR
West: CB, NL, Cavalier, Madlax, VLC, Bethesda

West teams could find a field in Mont. Co but then it would not be the HOCO league.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

or

91 is nowhere near Elite, they belong with FCA White and Looney Green

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Driving up and back to Columbia each weekend is a hassle. Would love to see a spring travel team league closer to Northern Virginia. I heard that this was being considered last year. Anyone know what happened?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Driving up and back to Columbia each weekend is a hassle. Would love to see a spring travel team league closer to Northern Virginia. I heard that this was being considered last year. Anyone know what happened?

not enough talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mclean box in fall and triple edge in winter are fun leagues. Madlax, VLC ,Cav's ,Top Caliber, Club Blue and the Next great team evergreen would be a pretty good league but no match for the top teams in Maryland

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not enough talent

Hoco works because it's within 90 minutes of all the programs - from Nova, AA county, counties in northern MD and southern PA. They control dozens of turf fields & are willing to do all the scheduling etc. They NYPLL folded because Hoco relieved club directors of a whole lot of logistics

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mclean box in fall and triple edge in winter are fun leagues. Madlax, VLC ,Cav's ,Top Caliber, Club Blue and the Next great team evergreen would be a pretty good league but no match for the top teams in Maryland

A league with Madlax, VLC, Cav's, TC, Evergreen, ect....10 years ago was called NVYLL same level of competition as today just more money in the parents pocket and less money to the club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

or

I liked the Second option until " Crabs play CB, VLC play SR ". I prefer that the last week of the season the 1st pays 6th and break down like a playoff, and then you have the 7 weeks. No need to have Crabs play CB to destroy one team's season, and it does not affect the mid table teams as they would play each other under both Rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree on the McLean league. Would be nice to see more travel teams join next year. Has Triple Edge worked out its scheduling issues? Reputation is that TE schedules are always late and piecemeal (two weeks at a time) which can be really frustrating for planning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

or

I liked the Second option until " Crabs play CB, VLC play SR ". I prefer that the last week of the season the 1st pays 6th and break down like a playoff, and then you have the 7 weeks. No need to have Crabs play CB to destroy one team's season, and it does not affect the mid table teams as they would play each other under both Rules.

I would think the top teams would want to play as many games as possible against like competition. Not sure how Crabs and CB playing each other destroys as season. If they are one of the top teams they should have no problem going 4-1 in division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see on the 2022 thread that some emails went out about teams in the Elite div. Any word on 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see on the 2022 thread that some emails went out about teams in the Elite div. Any word on 2023

Crabs, Club Blue, Next Level, Hawks, FCA Blue, Bethesda, Looneys, 91 MD - 8 team division. Hoco is trying to do all 8 team divisions this year with 7 games and keep things balanced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

or

there 6 games so with a 7 team division there is no need for a mid week game you can't play yourself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree on the McLean league. Would be nice to see more travel teams join next year. Has Triple Edge worked out its scheduling issues? Reputation is that TE schedules are always late and piecemeal (two weeks at a time) which can be really frustrating for planning.

McLean box is terrible. Only bad habits are learned.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mclean box is GREAT, the kids love it...bad habits pleeeeaaase...don't worry about the scholarship...let the kids play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs, Club Blue, Next Level, Hawks, FCA Blue, Bethesda, Looneys, 91 MD - 8 team division. Hoco is trying to do all 8 team divisions this year with 7 games and keep things balanced.

I would think NL and Hawks may be the top of this group based on fall results.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with the 8 Team Elite Division but question 91 over VLC or MadLax unless they're not participating in the HOCO League. That 91 team lost some quality players and may have picked up a few but no where near "elite/AA" status. MM ego is getting in the way of this teams success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mclean box is GREAT, the kids love it...bad habits pleeeeaaase...don't worry about the scholarship...let the kids play

Another stunad dad. They would be better off playing true box instead of that stupid hybrid crap. They don't learn how to set moving screens, work in tight spaces, etc. Instead it's just going up and down and having mommy and daddy scream their heads off.

It's terrible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another stunad dad. They would be better off playing true box instead of that stupid hybrid crap. They don't learn how to set moving screens, work in tight spaces, etc. Instead it's just going up and down and having mommy and daddy scream their heads off.

It's terrible.

I agree with the 8 Team Elite Division but question 91 over VLC or MadLax unless they're not participating in the HOCO League. That 91 team lost some quality players and may have picked up a few but no where near "elite/AA" status. MM ego is getting in the way of this teams success.

VLC beat Team 91 MD by 8 goals. That 91 team is terrible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's terrible.

Yes that was my point; I think this "elite/AA" division would solid from top to bottom with VLC in there as opposed to 91 or even South River. VLC handled 91 pretty easily. I think the top team in this division are Hawks, NL and FCA in no particular order. Based on the Fall results it appears Crabs took a step back as did Club Blue; Looney's will .500 maybe and I have no idea about BLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's terrible.

Fake news the T91 team at that age is very good they simply choose to play in the 2024 Div where they beat MadLax this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's terrible.

Way to disparage a group of 7th graders I’m sure your new team will enjoy the cancer you have brought to them. Did you have to double check Tourney Machine to get your stats correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC is not that good. Lax Factory beat them this fall. Should just be 7 teams previously listed... 91, MadLax, VLC, SR, Cavalier, LF all in over their head at this stage of puberty.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's terrible.

Way to disparage a group of 7th graders I’m sure your new team will enjoy the cancer you have brought to them. Did you have to double check Tourney Machine to get your stats correct?

Actually no I did not need to go to the Tourney Machine; the lacrosse community is small and everyone knows this team is no where near a AA/Elite team. How did they do against the Hawks in the Fall? The sooner MM and that coaching staff (if that is what you want to call them) realizes that, the more success the team will have and the kids will actually enjoy playing. Or you can just keep flying kids up from Texas to compete/win; that doesn't bother anyone who's kid is busting their A** at practice every week. Nice blueprint 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's terrible.

Actually no I did not need to go to the Tourney Machine; the lacrosse community is small and everyone knows this team is no where near a AA/Elite team. How did they do against the Hawks in the Fall? The sooner MM and that coaching staff (if that is what you want to call them) realizes that, the more success the team will have and the kids will actually enjoy playing. Or you can just keep flying kids up from Texas to compete/win; that doesn't bother anyone who's kid is busting their A** at practice every week. Nice blueprint 91.

They did beat club blue this fall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A watered down Club Blue playing in a Fall Tournament with half their Team missing; and 91 was smoked the rest of that tournament against subpar team. If they play AA in HOCO watch how that rematch goes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A watered down Club Blue playing in a Fall Tournament with half their Team missing; and 91 was smoked the rest of that tournament against subpar team. If they play AA in HOCO watch how that rematch goes.

Can’t put a lot of stock in fall tournament results and making excuses is not only resevered for Club Blue, they lost to True National by 2 that day as well what does that say about 91? VLC? In the fall teams are missing players and have reloaded, never more evident than this year. You need to let go...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC is not that good. Lax Factory beat them this fall. Should just be 7 teams previously listed... 91, MadLax, VLC, SR, Cavalier, LF all in over their head at this stage of puberty.

Kids were missing. VLC almost narrowly lost to Bethesda and NL. Man, you keep posting the same crap every day. Must kill you that VLC beat your Madlax team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can’t put a lot of stock in fall tournament results and making excuses is not only resevered for Club Blue, they lost to True National by 2 that day as well what does that say about 91? VLC? In the fall teams are missing players and have reloaded, never more evident than this year. You need to let go...

I agree it was a bad tournament all around from what I hear; conditions were horrible. So what happened against the Hawks and 91? We shall see what happens in HOCO come spring; if they play AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a MadLax dad... So let's ask the VLC parents on this forum... How many of your kids were missing at the Autumn Classic Tournament? In person, I saw them lose to Lax Factory and I saw 20+ kids on their sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree it was a bad tournament all around from what I hear; conditions were horrible. So what happened against the Hawks and 91? We shall see what happens in HOCO come spring; if they play AA.

Whatever... An excuse... My kid is better than your kid...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s ok I know you’re frustrated because your kid couldn’t make any other club team and you just had stay with 91 due to having no other options. So make the best of it; it’s all you can do at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s ok I know you’re frustrated because your kid couldn’t make any other club team and you just had stay with 91 due to having no other options. So make the best of it; it’s all you can do at this point.

oooh. burn. you totally got that guy.

You're all stunads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oooh. burn. you totally got that guy.

You're all stunads.

I have heard horror stories about the age group and the drama that surrounded it last season. Sounds like this is the drama vs remaining parent. These are generally entertaining! lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which 2023 teams are going to the WSYL qualifier?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
https://wtop.com/maryland/2018/02/maryland-to-introduce-bill-to-ban-tackle-football-under-age-14

This would also ban checking in Lacrosse. I guess only the holdback kids would be allowed to be hit. That would be interesting to watch

Page 24 of 47 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard