BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 35 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 34 35
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is coaching the Brotherly Love National 2023 Team. Why wouldn't I be interested, only hear good things about their club have a couple of neighbors that play for the club and their 2023 team is excellent. Not sure why you think they are a snake but certainly sounds like you have a personal agenda there my friend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who is coaching the Brotherly Love National 2023 Team. Why wouldn't I be interested, only hear good things about their club have a couple of neighbors that play for the club and their 2023 team is excellent. Not sure why you think they are a snake but certainly sounds like you have a personal agenda there my friend.

No personal agenda, I just think the National Team/All Star Team idea is a bad one. It will ruin the BL 2023 team. Hold tryouts and pick the best team, why start another team? How is it going to help build the BL 2023 team when 1/2 of the team doesn't make their "National Team"? If you don't think they are good enough, why are they on the team to begin with?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They already have a AA and a B team at 2023. Many would argue that the AA (Zeus) team plays at a "Nationals" level and participates in tournaments geared towards that level of competition. This certainly makes me wonder where a National Team fits in their current model. Why create another team?

At least with Dukes Nationals, they are not competing with other Dukes teams.

3/4 of this board will probably respond with "money grab"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They already have a AA and a B team at 2023. Many would argue that the AA (Zeus) team plays at a "Nationals" level and participates in tournaments geared towards that level of competition. This certainly makes me wonder where a National Team fits in their current model. Why create another team?

Complete money grab!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The National teams concept is so silly. There aren't tournaments geared toward National teams, so what happens? The Dukes swoop in, dominate (sometimes) these regular tournaments and other clubs get upset. The next thing you know, they are making plans to form their own National teams to compete with the Dukes. Before long everyone has a National team and that landscape is the same as the club one is today. dense.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The National teams concept is so silly. There aren't tournaments geared toward National teams, so what happens? The Dukes swoop in, dominate (sometimes) these regular tournaments and other clubs get upset. The next thing you know, they are making plans to form their own National teams to compete with the Dukes. Before long everyone has a National team and that landscape is the same as the club one is today. dense.

More clubs, more tournaments, more money!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The people that put their kids on Dukes are the same people that put their kids in recruiting showcases 3 years before they can be recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BL is becoming harder to recognize if you remember where it began and what it stood for. When the mentality goes from let's compete and have fun to let's be elite and compete (fun take a back seat), the culture changes and championship success follows. But, at what cost? My personal experience is that the fun factor actually mattered to my 13 year old, a player who stopped having fun and got board chasing T's. Hopefully he'll return to the sport again, but for now, he's testing the waters in other sports. Wondering if those sports have forums too. Good luck BL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not every parent(BTW)...every team has "those parents" who think their kid is going to a D1 school full ride at age 12

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Are we going to ignore the fact at 2023 defensive coach was fired, or I’m sorry “steppped down” and nobody knows why. If he stepped down then why did his kids both get taken off the roster. The top 2023 defensemen was kicked along with a 2025 midfielder. DN is just a pure money grab.[/quot

Completely true, the Dukes 2023 players and families know the truth and are extremley upset with the situation. Several of the families are done with the fake “Dukes Family” line and see the people in management for who they really are and how they really treat the “family” coaches and and their families by removing top Players from the roster with no explanation at all. The Dukes organization should be extremely embarrassed by the entire situation.

The 2023 team was destroyed by greed and arrogance. Great job G!

Exactly, it's time has passed and the players and families know it. It's just a matter of time before the team is out of business, due to no interest in the program anymore.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we going to ignore the fact at 2023 defensive coach was fired, or I’m sorry “steppped down” and nobody knows why. If he stepped down then why did his kids both get taken off the roster. The top 2023 defensemen was kicked along with a 2025 midfielder. DN is just a pure money grab.[/quot

Completely true, the Dukes 2023 players and families know the truth and are extremley upset with the situation. Several of the families are done with the fake “Dukes Family” line and see the people in management for who they really are and how they really treat the “family” coaches and and their families by removing top Players from the roster with no explanation at all. The Dukes organization should be extremely embarrassed by the entire situation.

Exactly, it's time has passed and the players and families know it. It's just a matter of time before the team is out of business, due to no interest in the program anymore.
More like it's just a matter of us getting the rest of the stuff we f*ing paid for!! That's the only thing holding most of us on to this garbage fire! Unbelievable that somebody's ego/greed could ruin such a special team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son and some of his friends went to a dukes mini-camp/tryout a few months back. Not 2023 mind you. We quickly saw what it was all about, every kid was "invited" and none of us accepted. Buyer beware.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we going to ignore the fact at 2023 defensive coach was fired, or I’m sorry “steppped down” and nobody knows why. If he stepped down then why did his kids both get taken off the roster. The top 2023 defensemen was kicked along with a 2025 midfielder. DN is just a pure money grab.[/quot

More like it's just a matter of us getting the rest of the stuff we f*ing paid for!! That's the only thing holding most of us on to this garbage fire! Unbelievable that somebody's ego/greed could ruin such a special team.

Team wasn’t that special...22’s yes special, 23’s not so much. If you put a “all star” team together you should blow everyone out. The biggest killer was having Dad coaches whose kids had no business being on the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly you know nothing about this team. Changing the coaching was the downfall, and everyone knows G's kid can't play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all know they weren’t great if 22 is the bar.... and not sure they are only talking about G’s kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other than maybe a helmet or gloves why would you want anything bearing the Dukes organization, my kids dukes apparel will never see the light of day, prob will make good oil changing rags..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been reading this forum and what I don't understand is that the only team in discussion is the 2023s, why? Dukes have other teams...are the other teams solid? Do the other teams have all the equipment? No coaching issues?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been reading this forum and what I don't understand is that the only team in discussion is the 2023s, why? Dukes have other teams...are the other teams solid? Do the other teams have all the equipment? No coaching issues?

There is nothing to discuss with the other teams, very few kids have stuck around for more than a mini camp or two. 22 and 23 are the only good teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not sure what the issues are either. My son plays for the current 2023 Team and he loves it and enjoys the competition he goes up against at each mini-camp and with every tournament. People come on these forums to bash things in order to make themselves feel better and create controversy. If you don't like the Dukes Model thank you for your opinion now move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son has had nothing but positive experiences with the dukes 2022 team ,Recently he hasnt been able to play with dukes just because of travel and conflicts with his hometown club .G and the rest of the coaches are great,next chance he has with no conflicts would love to play with the dukes again Thanks G

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not sure what the issues are either. My son plays for the current 2023 Team and he loves it and enjoys the competition he goes up against at each mini-camp and with every tournament. People come on these forums to bash things in order to make themselves feel better and create controversy. If you don't like the Dukes Model thank you for your opinion now move on.

Thanks for the input G.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the input G.

LOL again not even close my friend and I think if you spoke to each parent who has a kid on the 2023 team you would hear the same things I stated earlier. Wouldn't it be great if you had to sign in to an account to post on this forum!!?? All the hate and criticism would dissipate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the input G.

LOL again not even close my friend and I think if you spoke to each parent who has a kid on the 2023 team you would hear the same things I stated earlier. Wouldn't it be great if you had to sign in to an account to post on this forum!!?? All the hate and criticism would dissipate.

So sign in G!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is nothing to discuss with the other teams, very few kids have stuck around for more than a mini camp or two. 22 and 23 are the only good teams.

Have seen Dukes 2025 play and they are very competitive also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the input G.

Wrong, most of the parents with kids on the 2023 team who have been on the team for a while would disagree with you and say the program has changed in a drastic (bad way) the last year, changes that include terrible to no communication, increased fees (registration and mini camps) with no added value with either, coaching (additions and deletions) and team changes (top players removed) with no communication as to why the changes took place. The program is a great idea at the core if it was run properly, unfortunately it is very poorly run and is showing the beginning of the end for the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agree 100% with this post, the Dukes Nationals is a very poorly run organization and continues to get worse as time goes on.
it is unfortunate because it could have been a good thing.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is going to get intresting.

Just received brochure and email invite forwarded to me from my buddy for Brotherly Love National Team & their upcomingtryouts. The coaching staff is P. Deniken, Bates, Twohig & Drew Adams. That coachng line up is ridiculious. We went to a Dukes Mini Camp and ended up committing to there National Team but with this line up of coaches...just ridiculous. My kid is good but this could be a tough team to make.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just received brochure and email invite forwarded to me from my buddy for Brotherly Love National Team & their upcomingtryouts. The coaching staff is P. Deniken, Bates, Twohig & Drew Adams. That coachng line up is ridiculious. We went to a Dukes Mini Camp and ended up committing to there National Team but with this line up of coaches...just ridiculous. My kid is good but this could be a tough team to make.

More interesting than some may know considering Drew is (was?) the Goalies Director for Duke's Nationals. . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right just looked at the brochure on their site. Not a fan of Brotherly Love but have to give them props for getting Bates that is a big deal. I actually think that Twohig is the best coach on the team. There is nobody in this area that can coach defense better than him and having gone to school with him he was a phenomenal pole one of the best in this area. Don’t let the beer belly fool you he was the real deal. Father Time catches all of us inevitable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More interesting than some may know considering Drew is (was?) the Goalies Director for Duke's Nationals. . .

Drew goalie coaches for a lot of teams, Rising Sons, Dukes and others. After all, MLL doesn't exactly pay the bills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks good, later Dukes Nationals..Hello Brotherly Love National Team!!! I will spread the word.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why just 2024 seems odd. They should at least do 2023 as well. Their 2023 team is even better than their 2024 team would be a good starting core group, just need to add 4-5 top notch players to their 2023 AA Team and all done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could anyone other than philly kids make it on a Friday night?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why just 2024 seems odd. They should at least do 2023 as well. Their 2023 team is even better than their 2024 team would be a good starting core group, just need to add 4-5 top notch players to their 2023 AA Team and all done.

JN’s kid is a 2024, sound familiar? Just stop with National Team BS its just another attempt to steal other clubs kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Drew goalie coaches for a lot of teams, Rising Sons, Dukes and others. After all, MLL doesn't exactly pay the bills.

I get that--but given that I thought DN and BL were mortal enemies, I can't see G handling it real well if Adams is helping them out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks good, later Dukes Nationals..Hello Brotherly Love National Team!!! I will spread the word.

Translation: I'm thrilled to have found a post that I can quote to advertise with a highly transparent response.

Hmmm...Best not use abbreviations "DN, BL", not as searchable.

I just threw up in my mouth. Lemmings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JN’s kid is a 2024, sound familiar? Just stop with National Team BS its just another attempt to steal other clubs kids.

My kid plays with his kid and only have positive things to say about him. Excellent player and better kid.Have gotten to know JN, quiet guy maybe too reserved for some but smart, good business man. Genius stroke to remove dad coaches on this team. Immediately makes the other local teams stocked with dad's on the sidelines look bad. I know kids that play on both Freedom and Roughriders. Both good teams but the daddy ball is what is killing them and the sad thing is that they are oblivious to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get that--but given that I thought DN and BL were mortal enemies, I can't see G handling it real well if Adams is helping them out.

Guy has to make a living. Pretty sure everyone in the Dukes organization knows that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid plays with his kid and only have positive things to say about him. Excellent player and better kid.Have gotten to know JN, quiet guy maybe too reserved for some but smart, good business man. Genius stroke to remove dad coaches on this team. Immediately makes the other local teams stocked with dad's on the sidelines look bad. I know kids that play on both Freedom and Roughriders. Both good teams but the daddy ball is what is killing them and the sad thing is that they are oblivious to it.

It doesn't take a genius to remove dad coaches. But, maybe there are benefits to having dads that other teams value over ultimate dominance? I doubt they are as oblivious as you say. Maybe they have different values? Sidelines stocked with dads might sound pretty good to some kids. Or, would they trade the experience with dad for a better chance (not guarantee) of lacrosse success. I'd like to see the research on that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you all say "daddy ball" just wondering what you think of a coach whose kid plays defense. Is there any complaints about that. Especially if the kid is good. No ball hogging there.

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 35 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard