BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 69 of 101 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
On an entirely different topic, what is everyone paying in club fees this year? 91 is charging $3300 not including additional winter training and tournaments. How about the rest?

These prices are crazy and we are even more crazy for paying them. My son is on Express B and its $2800 no winter included

$2000 TB

TB = True Blue? It's $1,900 for fall/spring/summer/tourneys; winter training is a la carte, $20 per session for 10 sessions

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Long Island was always pretty cheap, relative to the rest. But I would never recommend going there! As it happens, they still do exist (somehow!).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just added up all of the travel Lax costs for 2017, including hotel, gas and tolls (the gas and tolls are estimated) I was right under 7k last year. That’s 91. Anybody else add up everything? How does that compare to the other year round clubs out there? Quick math. 10 years of that is 70k, for one son. Many of us have two or more kids playing. Makes you think, that’s for sure.

Woops. Neglected a couple of road trips. I'm definitely north of 7K for last year. Nobody else has added it all up?? Good idea!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best and cheapest way to do this is through a non-profit coop, but its hard to pull off. Just hire two paid coaches, buy some uniforms, pays some tournament fees, maybe need to pay some trivial fees to a town for field use, and divide the costs by 20. Not a lot of money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just added up all of the travel Lax costs for 2017, including hotel, gas and tolls (the gas and tolls are estimated) I was right under 7k last year. That’s 91. Anybody else add up everything? How does that compare to the other year round clubs out there? Quick math. 10 years of that is 70k, for one son. Many of us have two or more kids playing. Makes you think, that’s for sure.

Woops. Neglected a couple of road trips. I'm definitely north of 7K for last year. Nobody else has added it all up?? Good idea!

Did you and your son have fun? Did he grow as a person and make life long friends?
What’s your expected return on your investment?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best and cheapest way to do this is through a non-profit coop, but its hard to pull off. Just hire two paid coaches, buy some uniforms, pays some tournament fees, maybe need to pay some trivial fees to a town for field use, and divide the costs by 20. Not a lot of money.

Coop - are we raising chickens??

Having gone through this consideration recently, there are tourneys that will not take "all comers" - depending upon the level and/or type of tourney you want your team to play in, you may or may not get in if you are not an established club. This becomes more an issue with older boys who are in their recruiting ages - but, you have to consider that even if that has no bearing now, when they get to that age, your sons will all have to now deal with that then: are you going to all look to move to another established club that can get you into those tourneys?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On an entirely different topic, what is everyone paying in club fees this year? 91 is charging $3300 not including additional winter training and tournaments. How about the rest?

These prices are crazy and we are even more crazy for paying them. My son is on Express B and its $2800 no winter included

$2000 TB

$2,300 S2S year round fast paced practice every week. 7 tournaments.

How many fall and summer practices and tournaments are included? $3k for a bag , 2 fall and 3 summer tournaments on a 24 man roster isn’t the same value as $3k for 6 tournaments, bag, gloves, helmet and a car magnet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$2000 TB

How many fall and summer practices and tournaments are included? $3k for a bag , 2 fall and 3 summer tournaments on a 24 man roster isn’t the same value as $3k for 6 tournaments, bag, gloves, helmet and a car magnet.

Well TB is cheaper because you get Joe Cat. They need to discount! Plus there's much less practices. 91 is the better option. Take out a loan if you can't afford it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$2000 TB

Well TB is cheaper because you get Joe Cat. They need to discount! Plus there's much less practices. 91 is the better option. Take out a loan if you can't afford it.

TB has had about 20 practices from the end of the 2017 tourney season through Dec. You keep justifying your costs though . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These prices are crazy and we are even more crazy for paying them. My son is on Express B and its $2800 no winter included[/quote]

$2000 TB
[/quote]
$2,300 S2S year round fast paced practice every week. 7 tournaments.[/quote]

How many fall and summer practices and tournaments are included? $3k for a bag , 2 fall and 3 summer tournaments on a 24 man roster isn’t the same value as $3k for 6 tournaments, bag, gloves, helmet and a car magnet. [/quote]

Well TB is cheaper because you get Joe Cat. They need to discount! Plus there's much less practices. 91 is the better option. Take out a loan if you can't afford it.[/quote]

TB has had about 20 practices from the end of the 2017 tourney season through Dec. You keep justifying your costs though . . . [/quote]

Your getting Joe Cats son on this team actually. Shows what you know.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
/quote]

How many fall and summer practices and tournaments are included? $3k for a bag , 2 fall and 3 summer tournaments on a 24 man roster isn’t the same value as $3k for 6 tournaments, bag, gloves, helmet and a car magnet. [/quote]

Well TB is cheaper because you get Joe Cat. They need to discount! Plus there's much less practices. 91 is the better option. Take out a loan if you can't afford it.[/quote]

TB has had about 20 practices from the end of the 2017 tourney season through Dec. You keep justifying your costs though . . . [/quote]

Your getting Joe Cats son on this team actually. Shows what you know. [/quote]

I'd try to figure out what you're getting at, but the lack of proper English sentence structure, punctuation, AND spelling on your part is making that difficult. But, please, continue tell us how you make better decisions than the rest of us . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators - $3K all in

Never heard of the Predators. Where is that based?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
/quote]

I'd try to figure out what you're getting at, but the lack of proper English sentence structure, punctuation, AND spelling on your part is making that difficult. But, please, continue tell us how you make better decisions than the rest of us . . . [/quote]

One day you will realize 91 is a scam. Until then, enjoy paying 3.5k +.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$2000 TB

You only get Joe Cat until someone breaks his jaw trying to shut his vulgar mouth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
/quote]

I'd try to figure out what you're getting at, but the lack of proper English sentence structure, punctuation, AND spelling on your part is making that difficult. But, please, continue tell us how you make better decisions than the rest of us . . . [/quote]

One day you will realize 91 is a scam. Until then, enjoy paying 3.5k +. [/quote]
Scam or fleecing the parents?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

One day you will realize 91 is a scam. Until then, enjoy paying 3.5k +. [/quote]
Scam or fleecing the parents?[/quote]

The difference between those two being . . . ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, 91 is not a scam and wait until your doors get blown out with JC's kid on the team. Non factor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, scam is defined as being dishonest, fraudulent. Fleecing can be defined as according to the dictionary; obtain a great deal of money from (someone), typically by overcharging or swindling them.
So, yeah there is a difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

No, 91 is not a scam and wait until your doors get blown out with JC's kid on the team. Non factor.[/quote]

Wow - JC's kid is playing on the team - really?? What a hammerhead you are!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is anyone considering the Warrior All America Games now that they have split Long Island with a North and South team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is anyone considering the Warrior All America Games now that they have split Long Island with a North and South team?

Not me. Did it last year. It's billed as the competition of the regions "for national bragging rights". Yet they split the LI region in two. How does that make any sense at all... completely watering down the LI regions talent by splitting that regions talent into two teams. Makes absolutely no sense, unless you're looking at it from a 91/ownership perspective. And, it's not a national tourney, as they would like you to believe. For the most part, it's a LI tourney. A ton of money for one tourney, although I did think it was a good value, considering all of the stuff the kids got for the money. The problem, is they will use all of that stuff... once. Out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
/quote]

While my son does play on 91, I have had plenty of experiences with other clubs, with other children, to know what it's like out there. And, I am by no means a 91 chest beater. My only allegiance is to my kid. I could care less about which club logo adorns his uniform. Having said that, I can objectively say that 91 is... by far... the most professional club that I am aware of. I really doubt that there is another one out there that compares, in that regard. The coaching, and the dedication of those coaches, is a team specific topic. But, at the '24 level, it's as good as it get's, and their record is further support of that claim. The WP coaches would probably practice every day, if the parents would let them. Based on the success of all the 91 programs (91 is at or near the top of every age group, that I know of), the coaching is obviously another one of their club-wide strengths. My beef is with the skyrocketing prices of travel lacrosse, but that is an industry wide issue, not a 91 issue (but they do seem to be supporting that concept in a big way!). Is 91 the most expensive?? Hard to tell, because it's very difficult to compare apples to oranges, since the pricing structure for each of the clubs is different. But, they could be right now, or they are certainly near the top, if they are not. But, if you are buying top a top of the line product or service, shouldn't you expect the cost be commensurate?? Logic would suggest... yes. A scam?? Definitely not. An expensive, top of the line club?? Yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids who sent in their videos already made it - don’t waste your money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Videos?? What videos??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Videos?? What videos??

JS announced that kids sent in videos and that's how they made the team previously. No need to pay $180 unless you are on 91 or Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Videos?? What videos??

JS announced that kids sent in videos and that's how they made the team previously. No need to pay $180 unless you are on 91 or Express.

Who is JS?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Videos?? What videos??

Who is JS?

You need to have your agent contact their team rep. If your lucky you will hear back. You should have your son's statistics readily available. ------

Team is a joke. 10 WP kids.. 10 TAZ kids and some favors for express.
Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Videos?? What videos??

Who is JS?

Seriously???!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Videos?? What videos??

Who is JS?

Seriously???!

Yeah. Seriously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Videos?? What videos??

Who is JS?

You need to have your agent contact their team rep. If your lucky you will hear back. You should have your son's statistics readily available. ------

Team is a joke. 10 WP kids.. 10 TAZ kids and some favors for express.
Good luck.

And why would that be a joke?? The best kids play for those two teams, so logic dictates that the majority of the team would be Taz and WP, if they are trying to have the best possible team. That doesn’t make sense to you??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Videos?? What videos??

I think that was the exception and not the rule. If a kid didn't live near a tryout, then they would accept that. I doubt they would accept that if your son has access to a tryout. I mean, why would they, and forego the crazy-high tryout fee?? They aren't going to do that, obviously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

Videos?? What videos??

[/quote]
JS announced that kids sent in videos and that's how they made the team previously. No need to pay $180 unless you are on 91 or Express.[/quote]

Who is JS?
[/quote]

Seriously???![/quote]

Yeah. Seriously.

[/quote]

Try Google next time - it's not that hard! Joe Spallina

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about 2 2024 lax parents fist fighting in a hotel last weekend at a philly box tourney

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Express North make out at the Bethpage box tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won it all!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won it all!!!
look on tourney machine . Looks like TAZ won it all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about 2 2024 lax parents fist fighting in a hotel last weekend at a philly box tourney

Yup.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Videos?? What videos??

More fake news

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It very well. Legacy tax won all games by 10 plus

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It very well. Legacy tax won all games by 10 plus

Yes, see that TAZ won all their games . Would have thought eclipse game was closer. They were a strong team last spring.

Page 69 of 101 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard