BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 45 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 44 45
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How would you know about box! When you were their age you rode a donkey to school!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it true that 91 destroyed express in a box game this weekend. What was the score. Before everyone gets crazy I know it's a box game and means nothing.

Looks like 91 is going the MD route, if you can't beat them get a bunch of holdbacks that can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that 91 destroyed express in a box game this weekend. What was the score. Before everyone gets crazy I know it's a box game and means nothing.

Looks like 91 is going the MD route, if you can't beat them get a bunch of holdbacks that can.

Yeah, their Bandits and other Box teams look like abnormally big players, and I mean abnormally huge to the other age based teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits are extremely small. Regardless think it's greatvteams on LI are doing stuff like this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits are extremely small. Regardless think it's greatvteams on LI are doing stuff like this.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are not small except owners kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do many club teams play spring tournaments or mostly summer. New to area

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With middle school sports now most teams will only play one or two tournaments in the spring mostly summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how many practices per week the club teams have during Middle School lacrosse season? and is it done on the weekend since most Middle School coaches frown on club practice during their season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how many practices per week the club teams have during Middle School lacrosse season? and is it done on the weekend since most Middle School coaches frown on club practice during their season?

My sons' teams go once every other week on weekends in March through mid-April, and then up it to once a week until May, and then they go as many as two times week. Both my boys also play with their PAL teams, as do most of their teammates, so they are playing lax more than 7 x per week when it's all added up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Showtime really sold out already????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what does the website say?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Showtime has likely ben sold out for months.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Showtime ever post a roster of kids who are attending ???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope and it's all invite only via clubs. So based on my older boys experience, if you're son is not on an A team or plays for 2nd tier club, it's near impossible to get an invite. Same for UA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like dates of Showtime and UA conflict

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope and it's all invite only via clubs. So based on my older boys experience, if you're son is not on an A team or plays for 2nd tier club, it's near impossible to get an invite. Same for UA.

UA isn't invite. You just go to the website and sign up to tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For some people this site is the only source for lax nformation on longisland, if you don't know what you are talking about then don't post!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct, I partially misspoke. But the chances of being invited to the team after tryouts, increase or decrease depending on the club you son plays for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct, I partially misspoke. But the chances of being invited to the team after tryouts, increase or decrease depending on the club you son plays for.

You really think so? If thats the case why bother trying out if you are on the second team somewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really think so? If thats the case why bother trying out if you are on the second team somewhere

That's why the best players are NOT trying out. Money grabbbbbb

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But the best players are on the best teams and from what you are saying they are already a shoe in, the second rated players are the ones that don't have a chance since they only take the kids from the A teams, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, pre picked teams! They must have taken a page out of 91's book! Can you submit a video?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may want to re-think this. If your son is one of the best players, you want him at this event. Showtime and UA are the best recruitment tournaments out there. If you have a chance to attend, go for it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a lot of events out there. Some are good value and some not. However, Maverick is not a money grab. It is the best showcase in my opinion and the opinion of many. And super competitive to get into. It's usually the best 4 or 5 players on the TOP clubs. UA is very good as well, but that's a different selection process. In the Fall it''s Fall Philly Showcase. Adrenaline Black Card is initiation only as well and very good. You usually will need assistance from your club coach to get into some events, so spend that political capital wisely.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been to the Showtime camp all American final game as a spectator and can tell you that all of the top head coaches (not assistants) are on the sidelines watching that game. The camp is pricey but is absolutely high end and for the very best recruits as this is invite only. I'm guessing the top D1, D2 and D3 coaches know this and all of them attend. If you get a chance go up and watch the final game and you will see what I'm talking about. The camp is held in Ct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a need to bring an 8th grader to this camp?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a need to bring an 8th grader to this camp?

One advantage to going early is that if your son performs well he will get direct invites to come back, but from a recruiting stand point, just an opinion but I would say for 2022 very early. I do agree that Show Time and UA are by far two the best most competitive events out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blackcard in DE also good. One day and half the price of Showtime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a good camp for kids who want to smoke bong hits in college and chase girls in between studying in anticipation of graduating and NOT playing professional lacrosse but instead working on Wall Street and making a lot of money?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahahaha, just what this site needs, levity!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a good camp for kids who want to smoke bong hits in college and chase girls in between studying in anticipation of graduating and NOT playing professional lacrosse but instead working on Wall Street and making a lot of money?

LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

heck I want to go to that camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been to the Showtime camp all American final game as a spectator and can tell you that all of the top head coaches (not assistants) are on the sidelines watching that game. The camp is pricey but is absolutely high end and for the very best recruits as this is invite only. I'm guessing the top D1, D2 and D3 coaches know this and all of them attend. If you get a chance go up and watch the final game and you will see what I'm talking about. The camp is held in Ct.

My Oldest boy is '22 so I am new to this. How do you get an invite? He plays on the "A" team of one of the big clubs and didn't and didn't know anything about it. How do you get an invite? How many invite do the big clubs get? The UA Showcase is for '21s and '22s so what are the chances of a '22 making it? Thanks for your help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You parents Ned to stop chasing it! Take it from a parent who has been through the process once already. If your son is good they will find him!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You parents Ned to stop chasing it! Take it from a parent who has been through the process once already. If your son is good they will find him!

And I can tell you from another parent with experience with an older child. Chase it... but only if your son wants it. Because there is a spot on a roster for every kid. And with good grades, your son will get merit money. And after the top 15 D1 programs - D3 is a great option. Less commitment, more time to enjoy the college life, a lot of good academic scholarships available, great schools, and the same chance to play on Memorial day. Ask yourself, would like to see your son playing at a school in the NESCAC like Tufts or Wesleyan and making it to the final 4 or at a D1 program that averages 3 wins.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

My Oldest boy is '22 so I am new to this. How do you get an invite? He plays on the "A" team of one of the big clubs and didn't and didn't know anything about it. How do you get an invite? How many invite do the big clubs get? The UA Showcase is for '21s and '22s so what are the chances of a '22 making it? Thanks for your help.

First, I agree with the Maverik Showtime being the top showcase followed by the Adrenaline Black Card, NXT Philly Fall Showcase and then the D1 Und1sputed Showcase here on LI - these events are the top showcases specifically if you are looking to be seen by the D1 colleges. I know that the Showtime and Black Card do not pay for the coaches to attend because the have built such a great reputation and it's a must attend event for them to see arguably the best players in the country. There are a lot of other good showcases out there but one thing I look for is the number of players they are accepting or inviting and the number of coaches. A lot of events will say 50 college coaches will be there but neglect to mention that they are taking 480-520 kids on 5 fields so do the math to see the player to coach ratio and check how close or how far the fields are (very difficult to find 5 adjacent fields).

Under the 'Locker Room' Forum, there is a thread there for 'Individual Showcases' and where you will get more insightful responses vs some of these immature comments. Any other questions, I recommend going there for this specific topic.

To answer your question, for the Showtime event and a lot of the other top showcases, you have to get endorsed by your sons h.s. or club coach so depending on which team he or anyone is on, that may not help at all...there is obviously nepotism that takes places and they will allocate 2-5 spots per top tier club so unless the player is a standout, I hate to say 'Good luck.' Additionally, they like to see highlight tapes so they can decide internally on top of seeing accolades and/or getting a nomination when sending out invites. In regards to the UA Showcase, I honestly do not know anything about that one...must be a new event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haha no, but plenty of High Schools can prep you for that. Even the ones you pay for

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo lost 10-1 to Baltimore warthogs in box today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered