BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 48 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They want the goalie from Legacy

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is the story with the goalies for express?

Well rumor is they have 4. Not sure about that. But they have more than 2. So funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLEASE LEAVE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They want the goalie from Legacy

Why would they want that? The Express goalie was better...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it sounds like most kids play with both their club team and their town team. That can get a little confusing if they are running different schemes. Wouldn't be surprised if the club teams somehow join the town leagues or create their own league like what was done in Maryland. Just moved here so trying to see what to do with my son.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it sounds like most kids play with both their club team and their town team. That can get a little confusing if they are running different schemes. Wouldn't be surprised if the club teams somehow join the town leagues or create their own league like what was done in Maryland. Just moved here so trying to see what to do with my son.

The PAL leagues on LI are VERY community centric - there are strict rules about who can or cannot play for your community team. It is structured to allow everyone to play in as even a setting as possible. Thus, no club teams will ever be part of PAL due to the total non-community aspects of those teams. Having a dedicated league for the club-based teams, as they do in MD, is a tough sell because many community PAL teams will fold without their club players - the numbers in many towns won't support a PAL team without them, and I don't see boys playing on both a PAL team and in a league with club teams - the conflicts in time - games and practice - are too much. It's a debate had here on BOTC many times previously. The other issue is the level of play for many PAL teams is poor for those players that are on travel teams - the only PAL solution is for those players to play up, but that doesn't happen as much as it should.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure which goalie is better but I am sure the Parents are much better then the "TANK" T SHIRT GUY

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't which goalie is better, but sounds like you have an issue with the dad. Keep the issue with him. Express is getting some Geese should be interesting this Spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the "great experiment " with Geese?

The "great experiment " is moving over to Express now. Since it was not allowed to coach at legacy it will be now coaching channys 2nd team. Good luck with that one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The PAL leagues on LI are VERY community centric - there are strict rules about who can or cannot play for your community team. It is structured to allow everyone to play in as even a setting as possible. Thus, no club teams will ever be part of PAL due to the total non-community aspects of those teams. Having a dedicated league for the club-based teams, as they do in MD, is a tough sell because many community PAL teams will fold without their club players - the numbers in many towns won't support a PAL team without them, and I don't see boys playing on both a PAL team and in a league with club teams - the conflicts in time - games and practice - are too much. It's a debate had here on BOTC many times previously. The other issue is the level of play for many PAL teams is [ChillLaxin] poor for those players that are on travel teams - the only PAL solution is for those players to play up, but that doesn't happen as much as it should.

Many of the major club teams on LI are year round. You have to find the right balance and try to be fair to all parties. We pretty much prioritize by season. In the fall, football gets priority over lax, winter basketball and spring town lax over travel. Although I would most likely not have my kid miss a travel lax practice for a town/PAL practice since they get more personally out of the travel lacrosse practices and the town team still gets the benefit. Some might disagree with that, however, and that is their choice.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The "great experiment " is moving over to Express now. Since it was not allowed to coach at legacy it will be now coaching channys 2nd team. Good luck with that one.

Wait? Who? Is this the former Blast coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying Chan is going to split his team? He mentioned doing it last year but obviously he didnt. I wonder if there is any truth to this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That didn't take long!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you saying Chan is going to split his team? He mentioned doing it last year but obviously he didnt. I wonder if there is any truth to this.

I am sure soon we will see. Might even find out tonight!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So your son gets invited to the top team and let's shuffle
Lol, you'll justify nowmand.look back and say "what heck was I thinking?"

I hope this is all rumor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to coach ! Don't you people understand I played at Maryland! I mean I once played a game in the state of Maryland!! I mean I really played at Adelphi but saying I played at Maryland sounds so much cooler and if I tell enough people then it actually becomes true . So please let me coach...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to coach ! Don't you people understand I played at Maryland! I mean I once played a game in the state of Maryland!! I mean I really played at Adelphi but saying I played at Maryland sounds so much cooler and if I tell enough people then it actually becomes true . So please let me coach...

So he's leaving the Geese with Geese kids to go to Express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES done deal in SPRING

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES done deal in SPRING

The cancer keeps spreading.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad for the kids, how many will be leaving the geese.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is leaving Geese. Why would they? Geese and Express are the top teams. There will always be kids who will move from Geese to Express (and vice-versa) trying to jockey for a little more playing time. Some kids looking for a bigger role may go down to Ducks or Blast (the next tier, IMO). They could also be moving for geographic reasons. But right now, Geese are in great shape. They have not lost anyone of consequence and will again contend with Express as the top team in the age group (on LI). Anyone who says different is someone trying to start issues where no issues exist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your opinion stinks if you don't recognize Blast as a top team, IMO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this from a Blastard or one of the pole dancing mothers? Go back in your hole, you goblin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this from a Blastard or one of the pole dancing mothers? Go back in your hole, you goblin.

Better a pole dancer than a fat slob... just sayin

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GAME-SET-MATCH...well played

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is leaving Geese. Why would they? Geese and Express are the top teams. There will always be kids who will move from Geese to Express (and vice-versa) trying to jockey for a little more playing time. Some kids looking for a bigger role may go down to Ducks or Blast (the next tier, IMO). They could also be moving for geographic reasons. But right now, Geese are in great shape. They have not lost anyone of consequence and will again contend with Express as the top team in the age group (on LI). Anyone who says different is someone trying to start issues where no issues exist.

The problem with the Geese is they have a few crazy parents who are always looking to go wherever the wind blows. For instance, there were some shopping around 2 years ago when Geese kept losing to Blast. Last year it was Express. They won’t stop until their kid is on THE top team (right now, Express). The other clubs A like Express, Blast and Ducks don’t have that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#metoo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem with the Geese is they have a few crazy parents who are always looking to go wherever the wind blows. For instance, there were some shopping around 2 years ago when Geese kept losing to Blast. Last year it was Express. They won’t stop until their kid is on THE top team (right now, Express). The other clubs A like Express, Blast and Ducks don’t have that.

The problem is the Express doesn't say no. Just go with 22 kids and split the teams. Everyone would be happier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The problem is the Express doesn't say no. Just go with 22 kids and split the teams. Everyone would be happier.

Then the club's expenses double. Coach payroll, tournament entry fees, and practices. The break-even point for the larger clubs is around 18 kids. Every kid over 18 is profit. 30 players - 18 break-even = 12 kids pure profit. If you run 2 teams of 22 then you have 44 kids - 36 = 8 kids are profit. The bottom line is the more kids you can pack on one team, the more money the club makes. And the practices are great!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays 2024 (he is in 6th grade) He is a very good player, but won't make the top 3 2024 teams(he is close) . I attribute much of that to his maturity. He was born 10/06 and we did not hold him back. I watch the top 2025 teams play all the time and I know he could start on any of those teams. I have heard that there will be some 2024 boys born after the Aug 31st 06 deadline trying out next year and or the following year for 2025's ,as so to be able to play in world series. I checked out the rules and it is dob, not graduation year. Are there 2024's on any of the top teams as of now? I was told yes? Seems a bit pre-mature but was wondering how it is working out for them and how most people feel about that transition and there feelings on the transition of 2024 on age boys on there way?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays 2024 (he is in 6th grade) He is a very good player, but won't make the top 3 2024 teams(he is close) . I attribute much of that to his maturity. He was born 10/06 and we did not hold him back. I watch the top 2025 teams play all the time and I know he could start on any of those teams. I have heard that there will be some 2024 boys born after the Aug 31st 06 deadline trying out next year and or the following year for 2025's ,as so to be able to play in world series. I checked out the rules and it is dob, not graduation year. Are there 2024's on any of the top teams as of now? I was told yes? Seems a bit pre-mature but was wondering how it is working out for them and how most people feel about that transition and there feelings on the transition of 2024 on age boys on there way?

You are correct, completely legal in spite of the complaining on this board. Rumor has it Express brought down a 2024 or two to their 2025 team already and it looked like it created some problems.

We have a few kids with late 2006 birthdays on the team October - December. They are true holdbacks and are in the same grade as the other kids and have been on the team since the beginning. These kids are in the 5th grade and socially are 5th graders. They have 5th-grade friends and 5th-grade interests. They may be a few months older but no one knows or cares. As far as the kids are concerned, they're all the same age.

However, you're talking about a kid who is socially more mature adapting being with socially less mature kids. As a parent, you have to ask yourself, will my son enjoy being with the little kids? Because that grade makes a difference socially. When he's in 7th grade, would he hang out with the 6th graders at school? Probably not. Personally, I wouldn't do it for that reason alone. It may be legal but it has to have some negative impact on your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. There are pros and cons either way. Its just not about lacrosse. But considering a lot of lax parents and club coaches/directors are nuts i am sure you are getting more direct opinions to have your son play down.
Do what is right for you and your son. If your son is good enough he will play, he doesn't need to play down !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct, completely legal in spite of the complaining on this board. Rumor has it Express brought down a 2024 or two to their 2025 team already and it looked like it created some problems.

We have a few kids with late 2006 birthdays on the team October - December. They are true holdbacks and are in the same grade as the other kids and have been on the team since the beginning. These kids are in the 5th grade and socially are 5th graders. They have 5th-grade friends and 5th-grade interests. They may be a few months older but no one knows or cares. As far as the kids are concerned, they're all the same age.

However, you're talking about a kid who is socially more mature adapting being with socially less mature kids. As a parent, you have to ask yourself, will my son enjoy being with the little kids? Because that grade makes a difference socially. When he's in 7th grade, would he hang out with the 6th graders at school? Probably not. Personally, I wouldn't do it for that reason alone. It may be legal but it has to have some negative impact on your son.

It is “legal” for your boy to play on a WSYL team (in two years) based on his birthday. For now, your 6th grade 2024 boy, no matter what age or Birthday is going to be cheating/playing down.

Don’t fall into the trap, have a little integrity!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is “legal” for your boy to play on a WSYL team (in two years) based on his birthday. For now, your 6th grade 2024 boy, no matter what age or Birthday is going to be cheating/playing down.

Translation - "Don't take my kids spot with your cheating wanna be holdback! I don't want to have to spend my summers whispering about you behind your back."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Translation - "Don't take my kids spot with your cheating wanna be holdback! I don't want to have to spend my summers whispering about you behind your back."

Or to your face...Cheating weasel!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your right. Basically every parent on your team will hate you, for cheating and taking someone else’s position. Your son will earn and own the HOLDBACK title on that team, and become notorious around the area. Right or wrong, that’s the reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha ha ha . Very good ! ! That was a great translation

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not cheating if Chan says so. He's the expert on dishonesty in youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WSYL will be dead in two years. NLF's The Club National Championships (ESPN coverage) & USLaccross Nationals is going to kill it. No one from East Coast will want to head to Denver on the 4th of July when they can watch their kids play on ESPN for multiple years at NLF.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree let him stay and play with the 2024's right now. When the WSYL comes around in 2 yrs let him tryout for a 2025 team then.

Page 32 of 48 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard