BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
U.S. Takes Gold with 9-8 Victory Over Canada
by THOMASJOHN. 07/22/18 02:42 AM
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous. 07/21/18 08:41 PM
Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 07/21/18 08:37 PM
Girls Tryouts 2018/2019
by Anonymous. 07/21/18 08:13 PM
Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by LaxFacts. 07/21/18 07:59 PM
Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by LaxFacts. 07/21/18 05:26 PM
Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
by Anonymous. 07/21/18 03:28 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics1,478
Posts233,029
Members1,981
Most Online4,064
Jun 25th, 2018
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 101 of 165 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 164 165
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #254537
01/12/18 08:11 PM
01/12/18 08:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The best teams are "the best" for two reasons:
1) They recruit from other teams making their team better and the other team worse
2) They get holdbacks - best way to be bigger, stronger, faster.

Coaching is of little importance at this age.

As the Dukes proved, just pull together some great kids and with no practices and they can beat the best regular season team easily.


Couldn't disagree more. Coaching has been huge the past few years and will continue to be this year. Many games were won last year due to in game situational coaching. For as much as these kids practice the coaching they are getting is instrumental in their development. Dukes are no different, yes they had studs all over the field but they were also very well coached. They played a lot together last year with the same coaches. Dukes also lost games last year and this fall.(because they were out coached).
It is very clear the teams over the past years that have not progressed and it is due directly to coaching. Kids can only hit the wall so many times and work on their individual game. This is a team sport. Every team is beatable , every team this year is bigger, stronger, faster and have holdbacks. The difference will be the Coaching!


A couple practices and 2 tournaments 3 months apart is not "a lot". Coaching had little to do with it.



Are you referring to 1 single game? The last game of the year for a team that won 98% of their games from fall ball- winter indoor-undefeated spring league and 1 loss in the final game of a hot 2 day slug fest to a team that was completely fresh for that tournament and that particular day-- 1 game clearly doesn't mean as much as an entire year. Coaching had a lot to do with that teams success. As proven the next time the same 2 teams met this fall. How did those few studs fair against a well coached fresh team with a ton of good talent-
To say coaching has little to do with a teams overall success clearly states you have no idea about this game. Sure , like every sport if you put an all star team together they will most likely but clearly not always when against most teams.


Get over yourself. Dukes was missing half their team that Sunday because of another tournament in Philly. And Hawks won on a last second goal. Those teams aren’t close at full strength. Fresh or not.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #254540
01/12/18 09:08 PM
01/12/18 09:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The best teams are "the best" for two reasons:
1) They recruit from other teams making their team better and the other team worse
2) They get holdbacks - best way to be bigger, stronger, faster.

Coaching is of little importance at this age.

As the Dukes proved, just pull together some great kids and with no practices and they can beat the best regular season team easily.


Couldn't disagree more. Coaching has been huge the past few years and will continue to be this year. Many games were won last year due to in game situational coaching. For as much as these kids practice the coaching they are getting is instrumental in their development. Dukes are no different, yes they had studs all over the field but they were also very well coached. They played a lot together last year with the same coaches. Dukes also lost games last year and this fall.(because they were out coached).
It is very clear the teams over the past years that have not progressed and it is due directly to coaching. Kids can only hit the wall so many times and work on their individual game. This is a team sport. Every team is beatable , every team this year is bigger, stronger, faster and have holdbacks. The difference will be the Coaching!


A couple practices and 2 tournaments 3 months apart is not "a lot". Coaching had little to do with it.



Are you referring to 1 single game? The last game of the year for a team that won 98% of their games from fall ball- winter indoor-undefeated spring league and 1 loss in the final game of a hot 2 day slug fest to a team that was completely fresh for that tournament and that particular day-- 1 game clearly doesn't mean as much as an entire year. Coaching had a lot to do with that teams success. As proven the next time the same 2 teams met this fall. How did those few studs fair against a well coached fresh team with a ton of good talent-
To say coaching has little to do with a teams overall success clearly states you have no idea about this game. Sure , like every sport if you put an all star team together they will most likely but clearly not always when against most teams.


Get over yourself. Dukes was missing half their team that Sunday because of another tournament in Philly. And Hawks won on a last second goal. Those teams aren’t close at full strength. Fresh or not.


Get over myself? Really? Im not the one bragging about an ALL STAR team beating a team 1 time and stating coaching has nothing to do with success at this age group. Dukes is always missing half their team which is the excuse for every loss.If they had their entire team they would have 50 boys on the sideline. What half is that? The ALL Star players from LI or PA? Here is a good question for ya. How did your boys regular team fair last year? Here is another one for ya, if any Hawk player wanted to play for the Dukes than your kid would not have a spot - Your kid would never get the call to play in a local tournaments but they would your take your money.
Dukes is a very good ALL Star team and nothing more . Very fun to watch as it should be with all the talent they have.
Have a great weekend! Cheers

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC] #254555
01/13/18 10:54 AM
01/13/18 10:54 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A


FCA Blue is playing in California this weekend? How nice of all the white team players to fund these trips.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #254579
01/13/18 07:40 PM
01/13/18 07:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A


Originally Posted by Anonymous
FCA Blue is playing in California this weekend? How nice of all the white team players to fund these trips.


That's racist! The white players don't pay for everything.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #254580
01/13/18 07:43 PM
01/13/18 07:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The best teams are "the best" for two reasons:
1) They recruit from other teams making their team better and the other team worse
2) They get holdbacks - best way to be bigger, stronger, faster.

Coaching is of little importance at this age.

As the Dukes proved, just pull together some great kids and with no practices and they can beat the best regular season team easily.


Couldn't disagree more. Coaching has been huge the past few years and will continue to be this year. Many games were won last year due to in game situational coaching. For as much as these kids practice the coaching they are getting is instrumental in their development. Dukes are no different, yes they had studs all over the field but they were also very well coached. They played a lot together last year with the same coaches. Dukes also lost games last year and this fall.(because they were out coached).
It is very clear the teams over the past years that have not progressed and it is due directly to coaching. Kids can only hit the wall so many times and work on their individual game. This is a team sport. Every team is beatable , every team this year is bigger, stronger, faster and have holdbacks. The difference will be the Coaching!


A couple practices and 2 tournaments 3 months apart is not "a lot". Coaching had little to do with it.



Are you referring to 1 single game? The last game of the year for a team that won 98% of their games from fall ball- winter indoor-undefeated spring league and 1 loss in the final game of a hot 2 day slug fest to a team that was completely fresh for that tournament and that particular day-- 1 game clearly doesn't mean as much as an entire year. Coaching had a lot to do with that teams success. As proven the next time the same 2 teams met this fall. How did those few studs fair against a well coached fresh team with a ton of good talent-
To say coaching has little to do with a teams overall success clearly states you have no idea about this game. Sure , like every sport if you put an all star team together they will most likely but clearly not always when against most teams.


Get over yourself. Dukes was missing half their team that Sunday because of another tournament in Philly. And Hawks won on a last second goal. Those teams aren’t close at full strength. Fresh or not.


Get over myself? Really? Im not the one bragging about an ALL STAR team beating a team 1 time and stating coaching has nothing to do with success at this age group. Dukes is always missing half their team which is the excuse for every loss.If they had their entire team they would have 50 boys on the sideline. What half is that? The ALL Star players from LI or PA? Here is a good question for ya. How did your boys regular team fair last year? Here is another one for ya, if any Hawk player wanted to play for the Dukes than your kid would not have a spot - Your kid would never get the call to play in a local tournaments but they would your take your money.
Dukes is a very good ALL Star team and nothing more . Very fun to watch as it should be with all the talent they have.
Have a great weekend! Cheers


And what's your excuse for losing the next week? Boys still tired?

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC] #254598
01/14/18 01:31 AM
01/14/18 01:31 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A


Clearly missing the point entirely which is par for the course on this site. No excuses just facts -losing games doesn't mean a thing unless your an ALL STAR team! Thanks for the entertainment and the laughs. Look forward to your lame response .

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC] #254608
01/14/18 10:39 AM
01/14/18 10:39 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A


Pick any 6 teams from the elite division and take the top 3 or 4 kids and that team beats the Dukes.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #254609
01/14/18 11:37 AM
01/14/18 11:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Clearly missing the point entirely which is par for the course on this site. No excuses just facts -losing games doesn't mean a thing unless your an ALL STAR team! Thanks for the entertainment and the laughs. Look forward to your lame response .


*you're

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #254613
01/14/18 03:56 PM
01/14/18 03:56 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pick any 6 teams from the elite division and take the top 3 or 4 kids and that team beats the Dukes.

Not even close if dukes has its best kids

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #254627
01/14/18 07:38 PM
01/14/18 07:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Pick any 6 teams from the elite division and take the top 3 or 4 kids and that team beats the Dukes.

Not even close if dukes has its best kids


Got that right!

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC] #254629
01/14/18 09:35 PM
01/14/18 09:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A


Dukes would get smoked.

HOCo elite all stars better than Dukes all stars

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC] #254631
01/14/18 10:45 PM
01/14/18 10:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A


There are some good teams at the Madlax Capital Box tournament ..

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #254634
01/14/18 11:52 PM
01/14/18 11:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dukes would get smoked.

HOCo elite all stars better than Dukes all stars


Depends on the week. Dukes lineup is never the same.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC] #254635
01/15/18 01:24 AM
01/15/18 01:24 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A


Does anyone know what clubs will play in the HOCO Elite division this spring?

Will any teams move up from the AA level?
Will any of the teams move down from the elite division?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #254638
01/15/18 07:44 AM
01/15/18 07:44 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A


Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know what clubs will play in the HOCO Elite division this spring?

Will any teams move up from the AA level?
Will any of the teams move down from the elite division?

The competition committee has not met yet to determine this.

Reply Quote
Page 101 of 165 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 164 165
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



TRAVEL TEAM TRYOUTS
Title 9 Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Sting Lacrosse Tryouts
Team Superstar Box Lacrosse Tryouts
Team Elevate Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Knights Lacrosse Tryouts
Jester Girls United Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Top Guns Lacrosse Tryouts
Shore 2 Shore Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Legacy Girl's Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Legacy Boy's Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Hitmen Lacrosse Tryouts
True Blue Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Outlaws Lacrosse Tryouts
Rebels LC Tryouts
Bluefish Lacrosse Tryouts
Dodgers Lacrosse Tryouts
O2 Lacrosse Tryouts
CAMPS & CLINICS
LI Knights Defensive Clinic
Girl's Summer Positional Camp
Boy's Futures Showcase Camp
Girl's Futures Showcase Camp
Prospect Experience
Primetime Elite Overnight Camp
Palm Beach Atlantic Prospect Camp
BC Eagle Elite Lacrosse Clinics
TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
> PrimeTime Shootout
Boy's Long Island Showcase
BOTC SPONSORS




Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.1.1
(Release build 20180111)
Page Time: 0.051s Queries: 16 (0.026s) Memory: 1.1387 MB (Peak: 1.7776 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-07-22 14:10:23 UTC