BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 68 of 101 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

agreed! I was told that Commack 2024 team poaches from other towns.

What a loser comment from a very jealous Nassau parent. If you're going to make crap up, can you put a little effort into it next time?? Need better material out of you. VERY lame.

Yes you're right the Commack coaches comb the island looking to poach players from other teams. lol. Where do you people come up with this stuff? Amazing how every good team gets bashed for being good and they must be cheating to do it. Maybe your team is just not that good. I heard that BBP has been pumping steroids into their boys since birth so they can dominate the 2024 PAL circuit. SWR... everyone knows those guys have been using HGH since they took the field at 5 years old. lol. PAL is for fun and for the boys to play with their friends, if you look at it any deeper than that you are an amateur at this game. Pal=Fun.... Travel = Competitive. Now grab a coffee and enjoy the ride because it doesn't last long.

Commack team has players from Huntington, Harborfields and Kings park....fact,,but really who cares its town lacrosse and they are 11 years old,,,get a grip

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a loser comment from a very jealous Nassau parent. If you're going to make crap up, can you put a little effort into it next time?? Need better material out of you. VERY lame.

Yes you're right the Commack coaches comb the island looking to poach players from other teams. lol. Where do you people come up with this stuff? Amazing how every good team gets bashed for being good and they must be cheating to do it. Maybe your team is just not that good. I heard that BBP has been pumping steroids into their boys since birth so they can dominate the 2024 PAL circuit. SWR... everyone knows those guys have been using HGH since they took the field at 5 years old. lol. PAL is for fun and for the boys to play with their friends, if you look at it any deeper than that you are an amateur at this game. Pal=Fun.... Travel = Competitive. Now grab a coffee and enjoy the ride because it doesn't last long.

I would not use the word combs. But we all know. And the bbp goalie?or is it ESM goalie? if you do it with 1 player there are more. Exactly what tournaments does swr play in? Or do they play in Fla now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the fact is that HGH costs over 15k per month. only covered by insurance when absolutely needed for deficiency. are there a lot of Commack moms paying out of pocket? nahhhhhhhhhhhh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK. Think we beat that topic to death. Any new ones???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid plays PAL, he has had many competitive games, has great coaches, gets to play for several months and like you said has fun in the process, especially being with his friends. On other hand my friend's kid plays on a club team, complains all the time about lack of competition or always playing the same competition and lack of fair play time. Plus it's an all year commitment. And surprisingly he is not having much fun. Calll me an amateur or whatever comment you want to use to mock my response and belittle the fun league( not taking it personal just rebutting your blanket statement) but I'll keep my kid in the fun league and use the thousands of dollars I'm saving for private instructions and clinics...and filling my cup up with DD while I watch him playing along side your boy in high school

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid plays PAL, he has had many competitive games, has great coaches, gets to play for several months and like you said has fun in the process, especially being with his friends. On other hand my friend's kid plays on a club team, complains all the time about lack of competition or always playing the same competition and lack of fair play time. Plus it's an all year commitment. And surprisingly he is not having much fun. Calll me an amateur or whatever comment you want to use to mock my response and belittle the fun league( not taking it personal just rebutting your blanket statement) but I'll keep my kid in the fun league and use the thousands of dollars I'm saving for private instructions and clinics...and filling my cup up with DD while I watch him playing along side your boy in high school

<eye roll>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

<eye roll>

Sounds like your friends kid is not a Travel caliber player. So why would he be happy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Solid Post... but Bayport, ESM, Commack all grab kids from neighboring towns to "compete" for "fun."

FACT. just sayin.....
and SWR needs to get with their drug rep because the HGH isn't working wink

Same lame-o, jealous guy. You think that is fact because this practice is absolutely common place in town lacrosse. We have all seen it. However, this is most common with really bad teams, for obvious reasons, or teams with short rosters that just need additional bodies for a particular tourney. There are teams with integrity out there, that win and lose with their town kids. But these teams don't lose, and they certainly don't need out of towners to beat bad '24 competition on LI. But keep on making excuses about why your kids team can't win any town games, if it makes you feel better.

I'm sure teams pick up kids for tourneys when they are short players but they don't do it to win tournaments. If that were the case they would just change their name to something else and enter. If they win great they won a PAL tournament, who cares. I've seen this with my 2021, it is getting to the point where the better players are widening the gap between the players who are borderline and the borderline dads\moms will say anything to keep the better players down and make themselves feel better. The days of being "faster" than all the other boys is slipping away. The sport at this age is favoring the player with IQ, stick skills, size, speed ,first step and overall tenacity to want to play the game. Face it, the sport is competitive especially on LI, you either have it or you don't. There is much more to this game than being the "fastest" or "biggest" kid on the field. Doesn't work anymore these boys aren't 3rd graders. Been there people, if you son isn't an overall player in these things he will struggle going forward, he doesn't have to been perfect in all of them but needs to be a force in a couple to hang.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On an entirely different topic, what is everyone paying in club fees this year? 91 is charging $3300 not including additional winter training and tournaments. How about the rest?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On an entirely different topic, what is everyone paying in club fees this year? 91 is charging $3300 not including additional winter training and tournaments. How about the rest?

These prices are crazy and we are even more crazy for paying them. My son is on Express B and its $2800 no winter included

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$1,900 for 5 tourneys, fall and spring training.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any LI teams playing in the NXT Box tournament in Feb?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at just the total price doesn't compare apples to apples, as some teams include extra tourneys, winter turf time and training in those numbers, while others you pay a la carte for all of the extra's. Suffice to say, travel has gone to a whole new level, price-wise. Tuition for 91 went up 57% in the past two years. Granted, they throw in some extra's to get to that price, including an extra sweatshirt, but +57% in two years is staggering. Makes you start thinking about getting off the travel lacrosse gravy train. You wonder why lacrosse is perceived as the prep school sport of the privileged?? It's because it still very much is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Solid Post... but Bayport, ESM, Commack all grab kids from neighboring towns to "compete" for "fun."

FACT. just sayin.....

Same lame-o, jealous guy. You think that is fact because this practice is absolutely common place in town lacrosse. We have all seen it. However, this is most common with really bad teams, for obvious reasons, or teams with short rosters that just need additional bodies for a particular tourney. There are teams with integrity out there, that win and lose with their town kids. But these teams don't lose, and they certainly don't need out of towners to beat bad '24 competition on LI. But keep on making excuses about why your kids team can't win any town games, if it makes you feel better.

I'm sure teams pick up kids for tourneys when they are short players but they don't do it to win tournaments. If that were the case they would just change their name to something else and enter. If they win great they won a PAL tournament, who cares. I've seen this with my 2021, it is getting to the point where the better players are widening the gap between the players who are borderline and the borderline dads\moms will say anything to keep the better players down and make themselves feel better. The days of being "faster" than all the other boys is slipping away. The sport at this age is favoring the player with IQ, stick skills, size, speed ,first step and overall tenacity to want to play the game. Face it, the sport is competitive especially on LI, you either have it or you don't. There is much more to this game than being the "fastest" or "biggest" kid on the field. Doesn't work anymore these boys aren't 3rd graders. Been there people, if you son isn't an overall player in these things he will struggle going forward, he doesn't have to been perfect in all of them but needs to be a force in a couple to hang.

Great post. So true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at just the total price doesn't compare apples to apples, as some teams include extra tourneys, winter turf time and training in those numbers, while others you pay a la carte for all of the extra's. Suffice to say, travel has gone to a whole new level, price-wise. Tuition for 91 went up 57% in the past two years. Granted, they throw in some extra's to get to that price, including an extra sweatshirt, but +57% in two years is staggering. Makes you start thinking about getting off the travel lacrosse gravy train. You wonder why lacrosse is perceived as the prep school sport of the privileged?? It's because it still very much is.

Which is exactly why I will not have my son play for a club program that includes a true "full year" program - I don't want:

* fall tourneys - my kids are busy playing football from Aug 1st to the end of Nov. with Saturday walk-throughs and Sunday games, along with travel practices every other week or so
* winter workouts are fine, but I prefer it to be extra and a la carte - my kids are playing basketball and/or wrestling, as well as having some weekends to maybe do something as a family. We'll make as many as we can, but, if not, then I don't feel like I paid for something I could not take advantage of.
* spring tourneys - my kids are busy enough with their PAL and school teams, along with the the ramping up of their travel practices as we move into April/May

In the end, I worry less about my kids getting burned out of lax, they are multi-sport athletes and better athletes as a result, and I am not paying as much, but getting more value for my money spent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

<eye roll>

<Eye roll>. You must be looking at your lacrosse bill from your kids club team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any news are what tournaments teams are playing at this spring / summer? Heard Elite 8 is now “Fantastic 12”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

<eye roll>

<Eye roll>. You must be looking at your lacrosse bill from your kids club team.

Nope - just at you. If you think any student athlete will achieve at an equal level with the approach you're taking versus playing club, then there's really no sense in continuing this discussion, as you would be wrong 9 times out if 10. Congrats if your son is the 1, but, then he is an anamolie, and you just got lucky.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any news are what tournaments teams are playing at this spring / summer? Heard Elite 8 is now “Fantastic 12”

Wow. What rock have you been living under? That's very old news.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which is exactly why I will not have my son play for a club program that includes a true "full year" program - I don't want:

* fall tourneys - my kids are busy playing football from Aug 1st to the end of Nov. with Saturday walk-throughs and Sunday games, along with travel practices every other week or so
* winter workouts are fine, but I prefer it to be extra and a la carte - my kids are playing basketball and/or wrestling, as well as having some weekends to maybe do something as a family. We'll make as many as we can, but, if not, then I don't feel like I paid for something I could not take advantage of.
* spring tourneys - my kids are busy enough with their PAL and school teams, along with the the ramping up of their travel practices as we move into April/May

In the end, I worry less about my kids getting burned out of lax, they are multi-sport athletes and better athletes as a result, and I am not paying as much, but getting more value for my money spent.

All extremely valid arguments. However, I'm sure that almost 100% of the people that read this will opt for the year round program, assuming their son is able to make such a team. Why? The proof is in the pudding. You're son obviously is unable to make such a team, or at least a decent one. Without the extra work and expertise associated with a better year round program, he has no chance of keeping up with the boys that do. That's the sad truth and the reason why we think these teams have us by the short hairs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The prices are just out of control , it’s a cash money maker for the clubs , guys that do FO lessons , goalie lessons etc. I bet the big names guys are getting Easy $80 an hour private. People will keep paying and paying and the greatest thing is people drinking the cool aid about scholarships. Remember 12.6 scholships with 50 man rosters. Then all the money spent from 3rd grade to high school to lessons to showcases its crazy out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The prices are just out of control , it’s a cash money maker for the clubs , guys that do FO lessons , goalie lessons etc. I bet the big names guys are getting Easy $80 an hour private. People will keep paying and paying and the greatest thing is people drinking the cool aid about scholarships. Remember 12.6 scholships with 50 man rosters. Then all the money spent from 3rd grade to high school to lessons to showcases its crazy out there.

To me, the biggest scam going in Lax is the personal training for goalies. The FOGO training pays dividends big time in results, but lets face it, the goalie position is about hand quickness and confidence. The quickness is innate. The confidence is learned over time with experience. Complete waste of money by an enormous amount of people, including me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To me, the biggest scam going in Lax is the personal training for goalies. The FOGO training pays dividends big time in results, but lets face it, the goalie position is about hand quickness and confidence. The quickness is innate. The confidence is learned over time with experience. Complete waste of money by an enormous amount of people, including me.

I agree but the best FO is small groups , some of these guys charge $50,$60 and there’s 30 plus people there with 1 coach blowing a whistle down set . All cash

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree but the best FO is small groups , some of these guys charge $50,$60 and there’s 30 plus people there with 1 coach blowing a whistle down set . All cash

True, but learning the different techniques... there is value in it. A lot of value, in my opinion. There's almost no value in goalie training, other than the repetition, which you can get anywhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All extremely valid arguments. However, I'm sure that almost 100% of the people that read this will opt for the year round program, assuming their son is able to make such a team. Why? The proof is in the pudding. You're son obviously is unable to make such a team, or at least a decent one. Without the extra work and expertise associated with a better year round program, he has no chance of keeping up with the boys that do. That's the sad truth and the reason why we think these teams have us by the short hairs.

I said I didn't want fall and spring tournaments - my kids practice with their club teams during both of those seasons. They also make a majority of their winter workouts, but I lose zero sleep and money when they don't. My one son's team is full of players who willingly left the big programs because of all of the [ChillLaxin] - their team is about consistent in talent from the 1st to 18th boy, so I know my son could have played on those clubs (provided they chose solely based upon play, but we all know that part of the [ChillLaxin] is that that doesn't happen!). Ultimately, my son and a whole bunch of players who don't play for the big clubs will all be vying for the same roster spots as your kids - fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who are the 4 additional team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, but learning the different techniques... there is value in it. A lot of value, in my opinion. There's almost no value in goalie training, other than the repetition, which you can get anywhere.

Agree !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

delusional...

Agree !!

Agree !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

delusional...

Agree !!

Agree !!

Disagree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I said I didn't want fall and spring tournaments - my kids practice with their club teams during both of those seasons. They also make a majority of their winter workouts, but I lose zero sleep and money when they don't. My one son's team is full of players who willingly left the big programs because of all of the [ChillLaxin] - their team is about consistent in talent from the 1st to 18th boy, so I know my son could have played on those clubs (provided they chose solely based upon play, but we all know that part of the [ChillLaxin] is that that doesn't happen!). Ultimately, my son and a whole bunch of players who don't play for the big clubs will all be vying for the same roster spots as your kids - fact.

You sound like a bitter dad of a so so player that thinks his son is much better than he is. Consistent talent? There is no team anywhere with the consistent talent that you describe, which leads me to believe that you are a Lacrosse neophyte, and your son is average or below. Players have left good clubs, because they think like you?? Friend, I’m very familiar with the rosters of the top clubs, and no players have done what you are describing. We get it. You’re pissed off about what you perceive to be unfair treatment by the coaches. Happens all the time. The reality is, your kid isn’t as good as you wish he was. And in all likelihood, he never will be. Try to keep it in perspective. It’s just a game that will be over before you know it. It’s not important. The relationship you have with your son is. Don’t jeopardize that over a game that is only played to have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

[/quote]

In the end, I worry less about my kids getting burned out of lax, they are multi-sport athletes and better athletes as a result, and I am not paying as much, but getting more value for my money spent.[/quote]

[/quote]

I said I didn't want fall and spring tournaments - my kids practice with their club teams during both of those seasons. They also make a majority of their winter workouts, but I lose zero sleep and money when they don't. My one son's team is full of players who willingly left the big programs because of all of the [ChillLaxin] - their team is about consistent in talent from the 1st to 18th boy, so I know my son could have played on those clubs (provided they chose solely based upon play, but we all know that part of the [ChillLaxin] is that that doesn't happen!). Ultimately, my son and a whole bunch of players who don't play for the big clubs will all be vying for the same roster spots as your kids - fact. [/quote]

You sound like a bitter dad of a so so player that thinks his son is much better than he is. Consistent talent? There is no team anywhere with the consistent talent that you describe, which leads me to believe that you are a Lacrosse neophyte, and your son is average or below. Players have left good clubs, because they think like you?? Friend, I’m very familiar with the rosters of the top clubs, and no players have done what you are describing. We get it. You’re pissed off about what you perceive to be unfair treatment by the coaches. Happens all the time. The reality is, your kid isn’t as good as you wish he was. And in all likelihood, he never will be. Try to keep it in perspective. It’s just a game that will be over before you know it. It’s not important. The relationship you have with your son is. Don’t jeopardize that over a game that is only played to have fun.
[/quote]

You've made a ton of assumptions, which is pretty much par for the course when you hold false perceptions of superiority. What you fail to see is that, despite its growth, youth lacrosse at the club level is about as dysfunctional as it could be. That observation is not made based upon personal experiences, but by reasoned observation - one can be critical of something even when they haven't been victimized by it; no bitterness here - none of my boys have not made the teams they tried out for! Novel concept there, especially to those who rely on emotion and knee jerk reactions to decision-making! Also, your over simplistic assessment of things to a 'black and white' position further suggests a casual at best thinking on the subject or intellectual laziness. While this is a 2024 board, the thread delved into a topic that was relevant to any/all ages. The big clubs have two and three teams at many ages - if you are that familiar with ALL of those clubs teams at ALL ages, maybe you should reconsider what you choose to do in your spare time. I have multiple sons playing in multiple age groups - I am going to to go out on a limb and guess you don't know anything about the group of boys I referenced - I say that mostly because the numbers are not in your favor (otherwise, you're a creeper!) and because you're wrong. I present criticism of the situation because as a long time coach of multiple sports, I see lax operating in a system that grossly underserves the whole - sure it works 'well' for a very small group. That is also why that small group is either ignorant of the bigger problem or they're worried that any changes will diminish their elite status and influence on the sport. Good luck with that! Your perceptions and attitude would lead to zero progress in lacrosse moving to where it could achieve a status that ALL other major youth sports already have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FACT. just sayin.....

This hits it right on the head. As close as you think you are to these parents they will try to sabotage the growth of your son if their boy is sub par or below. You're starting to hear " I know what happens in the future" or " My older son has been through this, so I KNOW" or my favorite " that kid is not that good he does this wrong and that wrong" The best part about this is they talk and bash to other parents in the same scenario instead of giving the kid who is really excelling a pat on the back. Or actually speaking up to the parents instead of hiding and running their mouth. I thought my daughters team was bad but now you are seeing it in the boys game. No matter how many excuses are made, be real with yourself ...you're boy may not have it. Period. The gap is widening fast and now they are scrambling. Never pay attention to these people, they are looking to poke holes in your situation because their situation isn't panning out. Like the post says, you either got it or you don't. Sad part about it is everyone around them sees it except for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These prices are crazy and we are even more crazy for paying them. My son is on Express B and its $2800 no winter included

$2000 TB

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$2000 TB

$2,300 S2S year round fast paced practice every week. 7 tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you mean 91 us $3300- including winter training. Just not box. BOX is extra. Are you confusing box with winter training?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predators - $3K all in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just added up all of the travel Lax costs for 2017, including hotel, gas and tolls (the gas and tolls are estimated) I was right under 7k last year. That’s 91. Anybody else add up everything? How does that compare to the other year round clubs out there? Quick math. 10 years of that is 70k, for one son. Many of us have two or more kids playing. Makes you think, that’s for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$2000 TB

What exactly is a fast paced practice, and what does that have to do with the topic?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$2000 TB

Sorry but S2S just as greedy - 2550 PLUS 350 for winter AND 150 for the fall for a grand total of...$3050 Just as bad as them all, especially for a new team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$2000 TB

Sorry but S2S just as greedy - 2550 PLUS 350 for winter AND 150 for the fall for a grand total of...$3050 Just as bad as them all, especially for a new team

unfortunately, most of these club teams have kids (mostly coaches sons) that get a free ride along with a few players which the teams need badly to stay competitive, which also get a free ride (scholarships), leaving the remaining 60%-70% of players to pay the bill for everyone

Page 68 of 101 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard