BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 77 of 214 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Man you dont read so good must be that public school Education. “Primarily made up of” is a quote of how IL described all the teams ie:“Mustangs (comprised primarily of Mt Sinai N.Y.)”. No one has said that OC was not all McD girls they just weren’t ALL THE McD girls.

As far as why McD or really any MD team doesn’t play the NY teams I personally have no knowledge of the different conference rules or the logistics of it- I’m just a parent.

IAAM and NY class1-2 are both the top two conferences in the country every year. The difference between all those great teams you listed and McD is McD has gone undefeated since 09. Don’t believe any of the schools you listed have even come close to that. They will lose eventually maybe to a NY team maybe not, but when it happens the will go down in history as the greatest lacrosse dynasty ever.

You know what if you want to say “Mt Sinai beat McDonogh” go ahead have at it. But your the only one believe that..

Who cares about My. Sinai beating "Mcdonogh " by 1 goal. ESM beat "Mcdonogh " by 6 goals!

Agreed. They didn't just beat them by six, they were up 4 to 1 minutes into the game and never let the gap close. They won both draws and played a paced, strategic game at times up by 8 goals.

First is this a joke, you lost to a team that McD beat up so stop acting like you were the best team there. The results of an indoor 7 on 7 do not exactly translate into beating them at a regulation game. What the results of the 7 on 7 do indicate is that LI has some very good players and teams in all the classes. LI had A,B,C,D teams at the event and they all represented LI well.

First of all I don't recall anyone saying that they thought ESM was the best team there. 2nd of all ESM came with their whole team and played their whole team even switching goalies at halftime during their 1 goal loss. Hmm now that you mention It, I think ESM may have been the best team there!

What a tragic loss to the lax community, “the best team there” did not make the playoffs. Sincerely hope Inside Lacrosse starts an inquiry on this mess!! Maybe they should just hand ESM next years troohy now and save everyone the travel expense.

Good idea!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is the Mount Sinai v. ESM show down to see which one is better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]When is the Mount Sinai v. ESM show down to see which one is better?

Whenever ESM wants to come down on a Monday night to KK. We'll be there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The size of the school has nothing to do with it. Athletic programs thrive because of the culture and strength of their youth programs. He is a very good coach but would not have the same success at many of the large schools because of lack of talent or lax IQ . 200 graduates or 2000 graduates means nothing if you have 15 good lacrosse players.

You have a lot better chance of finding 15 good lax players at a school with 2000 graduates than a school with 200 graduates.

There's not a school on LI that has more than 5 good players (IE game changers) much less 15, it's just the reality of HS sports. Pequa has a great middie and goalie and not much else they will win Nassau and probably LI championship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]When is the Mount Sinai v. ESM show down to see which one is better?

Whenever ESM wants to come down on a Monday night to KK. We'll be there

Are you the Coach or AD? Cause you sure do like inviting teams down to play

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another jerk that says "we" when talking about the team...girls must love you hanging around the locker rom...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Forgive me if this the wrong forum but I have a question that’s a bit off topic.
It’s about recruiting.
I was talked by to another club lacrosse parent about the colleges his 2019 daughter was looking at this past summer. My daughter is a 2022.
I asked him about “ABC College” and he said that his daughter didn’t fit “the profile”. The profile was that this school liked taller girls.
Do colleges/universities have unsaid physical profiles for their teams?
Ever since I have always noticed the height of the players and most rosters don’t carry a majority of one height over another. What are some of the other physical traits that schools may look at in a player?

Forgive me if this the wrong forum but I have a question that’s a bit off topic.
It’s about recruiting.
I was talked by to another club lacrosse parent about the colleges his 2019 daughter was looking at this past summer. My daughter is a 2022.
I asked him about “ABC College” and he said that his daughter didn’t fit “the profile”. The profile was that this school liked taller girls.
Ever since I have always noticed the height of the players and most rosters don’t carry a majority of one height over another. What are some of the other physical traits that schools may look at in a player?

Here are the top Long Island players from the 15, 16, 17 and 18 Classes. (Yes, I know there are many good players.. but by most accounts these are the top in each class) If a coach is excluding due to hight (or lack thereof) they are only hurting themselves.

15's
Niki Ortega - Notre Dame - 5-6
Sam Apuzzo - Boston College - 5-6
Sydney Pirecca - Florida - 5-2
Nicole Levy - Syracuse - 5-2
Clair Quinn - Northwestern - 5-10
Lindsey Ronbeck - Florida 5-4

16's
Kerrigan Miller - USC - 5-5
Kaelie Huff - USC - 5-6
Niki Sliwack - Maryland - 5-4
Katie Hoeg - UNC - 5-11
Cara Trombetta - Florida 5-4
Erin Barry - Penn - 5-6
Taryn Ohlmiller - Stony Brook - 5-7

17's
Jamie Ortega - UNC - 5-5
Kelsey Huff - USC - 5-4
Shannon Kavanagh - Florida - 5-7
Sophia Triandafilis - Penn State - 5-7
Olivia Smith - Penn - 5-5
Kate Katowski - UNC - 5-6

18's
Madison Rielly - Maryland - 5-5
Courtney Weeks - Boston College - 5-5
Cassidy Weeks - Boston College - 5-5
Shannon Berry - Princeton - 5-5
Emerson Cabrera - Florida - 5-7
Jen Medjid - Boston College - 5-4

BTW , KO who is considered by many to be the best college player in the country is all of 5'3". ( I bet UVA and ND wish they had her)
Shayla Pirecca 5'4". Shelby Fredricks who kills it on the Draw is 5'6".

athleticism , speed, quickness , aggressiveness , effort, energy , attitude , skill, coachablity, versatility all play a greater roll in the recruiting process than does hight.

All of those girls were recruited by the top programs in the country and only a few would be considered tall.

Not sure how tall your daughter is but wanted you to see some facts rather than listen to one persons opinion.

Good luck to your daughter. Hit the books and have here work on her skill and athleticism. Hustle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all on the McDonough team. This is one of its weakest years in recent past but have a draw girl that wins 80% of draws to herself. You will see her at duke next year making an impact for sure.

It must be a REALLY weak year for McDonough as these are certainly not the strongest of years for Mt. Sinai or ESM either.

Very strong year for ESM. Don't know what you're talking about. No selfish players on ESM anymore...should be a great season!

Of course that's how you feel. Because you watched the girls of years past "not include" your daughter, they were selfish. Those girls left and now the younger girls feel the same way about your daughter. The only thing that has changed is your perspective because of your daughters increased involvement. So from an outsiders perspective familiar with ESM for the last 8-9 years, I will say again, this is certainly not their strongest year. But that's the thing, human nature makes people think that what they are personally involved in, is the best thing ever. CC is a stud, fun to watch. enjoy while it lasts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s about recruiting.

It’s about recruiting.

Here are the top Long Island players from the 15, 16, 17 and 18 Classes. (Yes, I know there are many good players.. but by most accounts these are the top in each class) If a coach is excluding due to hight (or lack thereof) they are only hurting themselves.

15's

16's
Kaelie Huff - USC - 5-6
Katie Hoeg - UNC - 5-11
Erin Barry - Penn - 5-6

17's
Jamie Ortega - UNC - 5-5
Kelsey Huff - USC - 5-4

18's

BTW , KO who is considered by many to be the best college player in the country is all of 5'3". ( I bet UVA and ND wish they had her)

athleticism , speed, quickness , aggressiveness , effort, energy , attitude , skill, coachablity, versatility all play a greater roll in the recruiting process than does hight.

All of those girls were recruited by the top programs in the country and only a few would be considered tall.

Not sure how tall your daughter is but wanted you to see some facts rather than listen to one persons opinion.

Good luck to your daughter. Hit the books and have here work on her skill and athleticism. Hustle.

Right on the money with this post. If you can play, they will recruit you. Great players come in many shapes and sizes. A coach that recruits a certain type is going to have a deficiency on their roster in one area or another. Even the best goalies off LI in the recent past Giaccolone, Van Middelum, Resnick all under 5'5".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s about recruiting.

It’s about recruiting.

15'

16's
Kaelie Huff - USC - 5-6
Katie Hoeg - UNC - 5-11
Erin Barry - Penn - 5-6

17's
Jamie Ortega - UNC - 5-5
Kelsey Huff - USC - 5-4

18's

Right on the money with this post. If you can play, they will recruit you. Great players come in many shapes and sizes. A coach that recruits a certain type is going to have a deficiency on their roster in one area or another. Even the best goalies off LI in the recent past Giaccolone, Van Middelum, Resnick all under 5'5".

Yes, I should have included the the goalies as well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, just someone who would like to see players prove it on the field, rather than have their parents, living vicariously through their kids, trash talk very talented players from NY and MD (and others) on a meaningless blog

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only thing ESM will win this year is craziest parents especially the moms . No selfish players is the funniest thing I have heard all week, the whole team is head down go to goal .Very talented players but generally a nightmare to play with many of those kids and even worse to be on the sidelines with the crazy moms. The B division is weak in section xi but look for GC to beat them in the LI championship unless they change the rules and the game is played with multiple balls at one time .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, just someone who would like to see players prove it on the field, rather than have their parents, living vicariously through their kids, trash talk very talented players from NY and MD (and others) on a meaningless blog

Why are you on this meaningless blog....hmm!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only thing ESM will win this year is craziest parents especially the moms . No selfish players is the funniest thing I have heard all week, the whole team is head down go to goal .Very talented players but generally a nightmare to play with many of those kids and even worse to be on the sidelines with the crazy moms. The B division is weak in section xi but look for GC to beat them in the LI championship unless they change the rules and the game is played with multiple balls at one time .

The whole team, head down, go to goal?? Don't know about that one. Might want to rethink that oh and green is not a good color for you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s about recruiting.

It’s about recruiting.

15'

16's
Kaelie Huff - USC - 5-6
Katie Hoeg - UNC - 5-11
Erin Barry - Penn - 5-6

17's
Jamie Ortega - UNC - 5-5
Kelsey Huff - USC - 5-4

18's

Wow you are scary...u need a job or something. Who has time to compile all that info?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s about recruiting.

It’s about recruiting.

15'

16's
Kaelie Huff - USC - 5-6
Katie Hoeg - UNC - 5-11
Erin Barry - Penn - 5-6

17's
Jamie Ortega - UNC - 5-5
Kelsey Huff - USC - 5-4

18's

Wow you are scary...u need a job or something. Who has time to compile all that info?

Doubt it took much time at all. I have daughters in two of the classes listed (not named) and they have played with and against most of those girls for years. I could have named 80 - 90 percent off the top of my head (as could many who frequent this site). The lacrosse community on the island is pretty small. Now go troll for your next negative post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s about recruiting.

It’s about recruiting.

15'

16's
Kaelie Huff - USC - 5-6
Katie Hoeg - UNC - 5-11
Erin Barry - Penn - 5-6

17's
Jamie Ortega - UNC - 5-5
Kelsey Huff - USC - 5-4

18's

Doubt it took much time at all. I have daughters in two of the classes listed (not named) and they have played with and against most of those girls for years. I could have named 80 - 90 percent off the top of my head (as could many who frequent this site). The lacrosse community on the island is pretty small. Now go troll for your next negative post.

Those lists are pretty good, could add or drop a couple, and move a few in order, but still pretty good. Since I am familiar with all the years, I do find it interesting that a few of these years had some of the early recruits that were supposed to be top of the age groups when they committed, and now you really don't hear about them much, not just this silly list, but overall in lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Forgive me if this the wrong forum but I have a question that’s a bit off topic.
It’s about recruiting.

It’s about recruiting.

15's

16's
Kaelie Huff - USC - 5-6
Katie Hoeg - UNC - 5-11
Erin Barry - Penn - 5-6

17's
Jamie Ortega - UNC - 5-5
Kelsey Huff - USC - 5-4

18's

not sure how tall your daughter is but wanted you to see some facts rather than listen to one persons opinion.

Great post. As a parent of a "vertically challenged" daughter who is attending a very good lax school, you are right on the money. Many people told her (and me) that she couldn't get there. And yet there she is. I would say her biggest attribute in addition to some of those you mentioned, and often overlooked by the casual observer, but not the coaches, is lax IQ. Call it what you want, being in the right place at the right time, understanding spacing, making the players around you better by clearing out or screening effectively... those things get you on the field if you also have some of those other physical attributes. You don't have to be 5'8" to do those things well.

Now trolls go ahead and start attacking. Yes I'm proud of my daughter. I hope all of you are proud of yours as well. The reality is it isn't a zero sum game. You don't have to tear others down to lift yourself up. I'm proud of all the hardworking lax girls out there that make it a great game to play and watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Forgive me if this the wrong forum but I have a question that’s a bit off topic.
It’s about recruiting.

It’s about recruiting.

15's

16's
Kaelie Huff - USC - 5-6
Katie Hoeg - UNC - 5-11
Erin Barry - Penn - 5-6

17's
Jamie Ortega - UNC - 5-5
Kelsey Huff - USC - 5-4

18's

not sure how tall your daughter is but wanted you to see some facts rather than listen to one persons opinion.

Great post. As a parent of a "vertically challenged" daughter who is attending a very good lax school, you are right on the money. Many people told her (and me) that she couldn't get there. And yet there she is. I would say her biggest attribute in addition to some of those you mentioned, and often overlooked by the casual observer, but not the coaches, is lax IQ. Call it what you want, being in the right place at the right time, understanding spacing, making the players around you better by clearing out or screening effectively... those things get you on the field if you also have some of those other physical attributes. You don't have to be 5'8" to do those things well.

Now trolls go ahead and start attacking. Yes I'm proud of my daughter. I hope all of you are proud of yours as well. The reality is it isn't a zero sum game. You don't have to tear others down to lift yourself up. I'm proud of all the hardworking lax girls out there that make it a great game to play and watch.

Wow, 2 of the best posts I have ever seen in this board! Thank you both for your insight it is very much appreciated. (My daughter is not tall either) and I appreciate your input.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s about recruiting.

It’s about recruiting.

15's

16's
Kaelie Huff - USC - 5-6
Katie Hoeg - UNC - 5-11
Erin Barry - Penn - 5-6

17's
Jamie Ortega - UNC - 5-5
Kelsey Huff - USC - 5-4

18's

Wow, 2 of the best posts I have ever seen in this board! Thank you both for your insight it is very much appreciated. (My daughter is not tall either) and I appreciate your input.

Yes, I'm actually kind of impressed. No trash talking and no putting down others.
I would also like to point out to the original poster that there are other factors apart from height and size. They said they were getting recruiting advice from the parent of a 2019 who was looking this past summer. Well, for the 2019's - if they are still looking at the top tier schools - they may want to adjust their expectations. Either that or the schools they are looking at could pretty well be done and the coach was just looking for "a tall draw middie" and that parent misunderstood that conversation. As someone had pointed out earlier - good things come in different sized packages.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is the Mount Sinai v. ESM show down to see which one is better?

Saturday, April 28th 12:00 noon at Mt. Sinai

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

15's

16's
Kaelie Huff - USC - 5-6
Katie Hoeg - UNC - 5-11
Erin Barry - Penn - 5-6

17's
Jamie Ortega - UNC - 5-5
Kelsey Huff - USC - 5-4

18's

Would also like to add that several of these heights, especially some of the 5-5" girls are probably over stated by an inch or so (funny how 5'4" and 5'5" is about the point in which many consider the cut off between short and average for lax, when in reality it makes little difference). Weeks sisters and K Miller are closer to 5'4", Fredricks probably 5-5", but who ever heard of a draw girl who is 5'5" or less (sarcasm, she's great) , I would say there are more Div 1 players at 5'5" and down than there are at 5'6" and up. Core and leg strength (which equates to speed, power presence and toughness on a lax field) has more to do with dictating level of collegiate play than height does. Different heights may necessitate different styles of play. But like any "physical gifts"an athlete is born with: height, natural speed, and athleticism, it comes down to how hard a player works. Players not born with these may have to work harder and smarter, and excel in different ways, and many will ultimately catch up if the right work ethic is there in speed/strength. Soccer is a sport in which people will compare athletes to lax players collegiately, but soccer players tend to run taller the higher levels you go, as in several other female collegiate sports, but lax is more of an exception, especially because, in addition to the athletic aspect, there is a highly specialized skill set that without those skills no level of athleticism will help an inadequately skilled player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

15'

16's
Kaelie Huff - USC - 5-6
Katie Hoeg - UNC - 5-11
Erin Barry - Penn - 5-6

17's
Jamie Ortega - UNC - 5-5
Kelsey Huff - USC - 5-4

18's

[/quote]

Doubt it took much time at all. I have daughters in two of the classes listed (not named) and they have played with and against most of those girls for years. I could have named 80 - 90 percent off the top of my head (as could many who frequent this site). The lacrosse community on the island is pretty small. Now go troll for your next negative post.[/quote]

Those lists are pretty good, could add or drop a couple, and move a few in order, but still pretty good. Since I am familiar with all the years, I do find it interesting that a few of these years had some of the early recruits that were supposed to be top of the age groups when they committed, and now you really don't hear about them much, not just this silly list, but overall in lacrosse.
[/quote]

Oh stop already. Take your passive aggressive [ChillLaxin] and crawl back into your hole. The post intended to answer a question and help someone by illustrating that the majority of the top college programs in the country "do not" use "the profile" in question when recruiting. The answer clearly demonstrated (with reality and fact) that a players hight has very little (if anything) to do with a players ability. The answer also illustrated that the just about all of the top players on Long Island in recent years have been of average hight.

Your comments: "add a couple or drop a couple" and "move a few in order" are transparent. It appears the order is random (not a ranking). Anyone who follows lacrosse and has daughter in one or more the classes mentioned knows that those young women are/were considered to be some of the top recruits on Long Island (yes, there were a couple more not mentioned). My guess is that you are one of the hater parents who always look to tear down others while make excuses when your daughter is not on a list or when she didn't get recruited by the top programs. Just like the guy who said that his daughter "didn't fit the profile" as the reason why she wasn't recruited by a particular school (I doubt every recruit was tall). Your attempt to belittle the players mentioned with your "silly list" comment was also transparent.

Just about all of those players are currently Kicking A@@ and we wish them well. I'm sure that if any are struggling you will have a smile on your face and waste no time in letting everybody know.

Go away troll, go back to your hole plan your next attempt to tear down hard working young women.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s about recruiting.

It’s about recruiting.

15's

16's
Kaelie Huff - USC - 5-6
Katie Hoeg - UNC - 5-11
Erin Barry - Penn - 5-6

17's
Jamie Ortega - UNC - 5-5
Kelsey Huff - USC - 5-4

18's

Yes, I'm actually kind of impressed. No trash talking and no putting down others.
I would also like to point out to the original poster that there are other factors apart from height and size. They said they were getting recruiting advice from the parent of a 2019 who was looking this past summer. Well, for the 2019's - if they are still looking at the top tier schools - they may want to adjust their expectations. Either that or the schools they are looking at could pretty well be done and the coach was just looking for "a tall draw middie" and that parent misunderstood that conversation. As someone had pointed out earlier - good things come in different sized packages.

As the post mentions (shelby Fredricks) Hight is not so important on the Draw either. Technique, strength, quickness, athleticism and IQ are more important. Having great teammates on the circle helps as well ; - )

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s about recruiting.

It’s about recruiting.

15's

16's
Kaelie Huff - USC - 5-6
Katie Hoeg - UNC - 5-11
Erin Barry - Penn - 5-6

17's
Jamie Ortega - UNC - 5-5
Kelsey Huff - USC - 5-4

18's

As the post mentions (shelby Fredricks) Hight is not so important on the Draw either. Technique, strength, quickness, athleticism and IQ are more important. Having great teammates on the circle helps as well ; - )

It's spelled height and I agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few observations:

1: The haters will come out no matter what.

2: The grammar and spelling police will also be at the ready.

3. Year in and year out the top college programs recruit the best players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few observations:

1: The haters will come out no matter what.

2: The grammar and spelling police will also be at the ready.

3. Year in and year out the top college programs recruit the best players.

True dat

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's the problem you have someone put names of kids that in their opinion were the top players then they add in something like "most accounts" when they have no clue . Go by UA senior AA and Inside lax ranking and stop with your personal opinion . As far as size ,all things being equal give me the bigger kid , thing is rarely are all things equal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's the problem you have someone put names of kids that in their opinion were the top players then they add in something like "most accounts" when they have no clue . Go by UA senior AA and Inside lax ranking and stop with your personal opinion . As far as size ,all things being equal give me the bigger kid , thing is rarely are all things equal.

There is no problem. Here is the thing... the post was in response to a question. The "list" was not random and it was not put out there as one persons opinion. The names were posted in order to give the parent of a younger player some facts that were based on reality.

It was not the "opinion" of the person who posted the names (it was the "opinion" of the coaches of the best college programs that was being pointed out. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that all of the girls are or were listed by Inside Lacrosse as "top" high school players/recruits. The very fact that they were all recruited by the top college programs, ranked by Inside lacrosse and played in the Under Armour games or for Team USA would seem to indicate "most accounts".

It is amazing to see all of the bitterness come out and watch the haters carry on because their daughter was not mentioned. As far as "size" goes, that was the point of the whole thing. The best college coaches from the best college programs recruited the girls that were listed. Sorry, but if your daughter is 5'8 or 5'10" and you think that height gives her an advantage or makes her better you are most likely wrong (not knocking height but it really is not a factor). Now, if she is also has great skills, is really fast, has a high IQ, hustles all over the field and North Carolina, Maryland, Northwestern, Penn State, Florida etc... all made offers then maybe you have an argument. The original post also said "there are many good players" ... we all know that there are a few more than six per class that are considered "top recruits" from Long Island (but not many more).

Getting back to the point, the facts speak for themselves. The players listed are all excellent players who have been recognized by the top college coaches, UA, IL, USA lacrosse and others as being the top players from Long Island in their respective age group/classes. Their height had nothing to do with the recruiting process.

You can argue all you want and mock the players and the person who posted the response but again the facts are the facts, All of the players were "recruited" by the top programs in the country and the players height was not a factor. That is what the original post was pointing out to the person who asked the question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about top 2019

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no problem. Here is the thing... the post was in response to a question. The "list" was not random and it was not put out there as one persons opinion. The names were posted in order to give the parent of a younger player some facts that were based on reality.

It was not the "opinion" of the person who posted the names (it was the "opinion" of the coaches of the best college programs that was being pointed out. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe that all of the girls are or were listed by Inside Lacrosse as "top" high school players/recruits. The very fact that they were all recruited by the top college programs, ranked by Inside lacrosse and played in the Under Armour games or for Team USA would seem to indicate "most accounts".

It is amazing to see all of the bitterness come out and watch the haters carry on because their daughter was not mentioned. As far as "size" goes, that was the point of the whole thing. The best college coaches from the best college programs recruited the girls that were listed. Sorry, but if your daughter is 5'8 or 5'10" and you think that height gives her an advantage or makes her better you are most likely wrong (not knocking height but it really is not a factor). Now, if she is also has great skills, is really fast, has a high IQ, hustles all over the field and North Carolina, Maryland, Northwestern, Penn State, Florida etc... all made offers then maybe you have an argument. The original post also said "there are many good players" ... we all know that there are a few more than six per class that are considered "top recruits" from Long Island (but not many more).

Getting back to the point, the facts speak for themselves. The players listed are all excellent players who have been recognized by the top college coaches, UA, IL, USA lacrosse and others as being the top players from Long Island in their respective age group/classes. Their height had nothing to do with the recruiting process.

You can argue all you want and mock the players and the person who posted the response but again the facts are the facts, All of the players were "recruited" by the top programs in the country and the players height was not a factor. That is what the original post was pointing out to the person who asked the question.

Haters gonna hate hate hate... players gonna play play play.

Coaches gonna pick pick pick

Forget logic, facts and reality. Delusional parents will do all that they can to tear down young women in an attempt to promote their own daughter. They will come up with countless reasons why their daughter didn't make a team, get recognized by IL or receive offers from the best programs none of which are true.Have you ever seen some of the Facebook posts that these maniacs put up? Comical, the bragging and self promoting of their daughters and teams are really funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want to bring posters daughters in this let me guess your short stature daughter is one of the players on the list and you are so insecure because she was never really a top player you now are overly sensitive when someone questions it.
You said correct you if you are wrong so here you go ,many of those listed were not listed as top recruits by inside lacrosse nor were they selected to play in the senior UA game. As far as being recruited by the top college programs some of those schools were not top college programs when they committed and many were told by other top programs that they were not interested etc.
In the end many programs do tend to take certain type players but of course do make exceptions. I generally would not make any list with names nor call anyone name out but just take k.o.as an example . I use her because I believe she is easily the best offensive player in the country but was not that highly recruited and yes she was a concern for some top programs , they may have been wrong but many top programs do consider size in their decisions:

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you want to bring posters daughters in this let me guess your short stature daughter is one of the players on the list and you are so insecure because she was never really a top player you now are overly sensitive when someone questions it.
You said correct you if you are wrong so here you go ,many of those listed were not listed as top recruits by inside lacrosse nor were they selected to play in the senior UA game. As far as being recruited by the top college programs some of those schools were not top college programs when they committed and many were told by other top programs that they were not interested etc.
In the end many programs do tend to take certain type players but of course do make exceptions. I generally would not make any list with names nor call anyone name out but just take k.o.as an example . I use her because I believe she is easily the best offensive player in the country but was not that highly recruited and yes she was a concern for some top programs , they may have been wrong but many top programs do consider size in their decisions:

Poster child for hater. Do you hear yourself? You bitterness comes through loud and clear. You attempt to tear down players and college programs is nuts.

The post that started all of this was intended to help a parent. The post did not attack anyone or put anyone down. The post showed that many of the top players on the island were recruited by many of the top programs and the players height did not hinder them in the process.

As usual, the lunatics can't control themselves when their daughter is not mentioned so they attack the players , the programs and the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about top 2019

Why bother, we get the point, plenty of top kids are avg height...no need to stir it up anymore, unless you want to see your kids name in print.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Poster child for hater. Do you hear yourself? You bitterness comes through loud and clear. You attempt to tear down players and college programs is nuts.

The post that started all of this was intended to help a parent. The post did not attack anyone or put anyone down. The post showed that many of the top players on the island were recruited by many of the top programs and the players height did not hinder them in the process.

As usual, the lunatics can't control themselves when their daughter is not mentioned so they attack the players , the programs and the parents.

I get what your saying about the haters on this thread, but think of the flip side...it gets old listening to the parents of the superstars. Am i going out on a limb, thinking that a parent of one of those kids on the list, put it together? poster could have easily said height doesnt matter, a lot of smaller kids are really good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get what your saying about the haters on this thread, but think of the flip side...it gets old listening to the parents of the superstars. Am i going out on a limb, thinking that a parent of one of those kids on the list, put it together? poster could have easily said height doesnt matter, a lot of smaller kids are really good.

Maybe, but that would have been opinion and do you really think the nut jobs would have left that one alone?? Doubtful.

The list is factual and demonstrated to the parent who asked the question and who obviously had some concern regarding his/her daughter and the recruiting process. Whether or not the poster had a kid on the list is irrelevant, they did not attack, belittle or try to tear down any other players.The poster tried to dispel an inaccurate negative lie/rumor. It is once again the crazy parents who simply can not stand it if another player is recognized in some way and their daughter is not.

The post was accurate, factual and it provided helpful insight to someone who asked a question. The post was not out of the blue and did not name his/her daughter as a great player based on his/her opinion.

The haters came at it so many different ways all trying to discredit or diminish the post, the players and even the college programs.

It has been my experience that the worst parents are not those of the superstars but rather the parents that think their kid is a superstar (but is not). Watch them go crazy anytime another player gets recognition over their kid. They are delusional.

Have you ever watched or listened to these psychopaths? Tell them that a girl just committed to North Carolina and the first thing out of their mouth is "she will never see the field". Tell them a girl just committed to Maryland and they will say she will major in basket weaving. Tell them a girl committed to Penn and they will say of course she did, her parents can afford to pay. Tell them a girl committed to USC and they will tell you it is not a Top Program.

In one of the posts above the J#@* A^% says he is going to correct one of the posters and then he spews out misinformation and lies in an effort to discredit the girls who were named. If it were not so sad it would be funny.

They are jealous, bitter, haters who try to tear down, mock and discredit anytime a player other than their daughter has success. They even do it to teams, look at the way the crazy people go after some of the college programs on this site. it is bizarre.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about top 2019

2019 is a weak class and none of the top players are under 5' 7" so I could not use that class in order to illustrate my point. Also, I don't have a daughter in that class so would not be able to list her. Pointless to use the 2019 age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about top 2019

2019 is a weak class and none of the top players are under 5' 7" so I could not use that class in order to illustrate my point. Also, I don't have a daughter in that class so would not be able to list her. Pointless to use the 2019 age group.

You're an [ChillLaxin]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about top 2019

You deem the 2019 because you don’t have a 2019 daughter. Lol. 2019 is very deep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about top 2019

You're an [ChillLaxin]

I do have a 2019. She is not going to a top school but there are many from her club who are. And not all are tall. But quick aggressive and great iq

Like Reply Quote
Page 77 of 214 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard