Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/24/20 06:18 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 11/24/20 06:07 PM
Girls 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 11/24/20 04:38 PM
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/24/20 04:29 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,143
Posts277,577
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 262 of 473 1 2 260 261 262 263 264 472 473
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #254367 01/10/18 03:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous


Every college sport except "big time" basketball and football have small crowds. So what!!! What is your point. How many spectators are at Div 1 baseball, hockey, cross country, volleyball, softball, track, rugby etc. The kids play because they enjoy being student-athletes.


Having attended a school with a then top DIII hockey team, every home game I attended (which was every one) had a full or near full arena - granted these arenas are in the 2 - 3K range for capacity, but that is way beyond friends and family, and for many DIII schools, those numbers exceed the student body population. Most of the away games I attended were similar situations - for reference this was the ECAC. I have to think DI hockey equals or exceeds the interest exhibited by DIII (my schools team is now DI, and they still fill their arena regularly). I can't argue about the rest of the sports mentioned . . .


Lehigh Wrestling Attendance: 9,896 versus Penn State last month. It was awesome! [/quote]


Since BOTC likes facts..........what school and when. Provide facts not your opinion about some D3 hockey. As far as wrestling.....that's a great in state matchup. 10K at that match is great.
[/quote]

The poster stated that DI hockey didn't draw fans and I provided anecdotal evidence that DIII ECAC hockey drew consistent fans in the thousands back in the 80s and 90s. That same school is now DI in the ECAC and still draws - you've got enough info to figure it out.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #254383 01/10/18 09:15 PM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 380
A
Back of THE CAGE
*****
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*****
A
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 380
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2017 average game attendance-Mens Lacrosse
#1-Maryland-5,248
#2-Syracuse-4,386
#3-Michigan-3,672

Seems like a few more than friends and family


I think the issue is a lot of lacrosse programs play their games in the big football stadiums and as a result fans are spread out. Also cameras are mostly on one side so you only see the opposite side of the seats where there may be few fans. Yet I am sorry to say lacrosse does not draw huge numbers. It will continue to grow but never draw like basketball and football.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
America's Game #254416 01/11/18 12:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2017 average game attendance-Mens Lacrosse
#1-Maryland-5,248
#2-Syracuse-4,386
#3-Michigan-3,672

Seems like a few more than friends and family


I think the issue is a lot of lacrosse programs play their games in the big football stadiums and as a result fans are spread out. Also cameras are mostly on one side so you only see the opposite side of the seats where there may be few fans. Yet I am sorry to say lacrosse does not draw huge numbers. It will continue to grow but never draw like basketball and football.


I think the issue is that most people dont understand or care for the game unless someone you know is playing. How is Hofstra and Stony Brook average attendance? i would be suprised if they hit 1500 at most of their games.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #254423 01/11/18 01:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Union College?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #254430 01/11/18 02:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2017 average game attendance-Mens Lacrosse
#1-Maryland-5,248
#2-Syracuse-4,386
#3-Michigan-3,672

Seems like a few more than friends and family


I think the issue is a lot of lacrosse programs play their games in the big football stadiums and as a result fans are spread out. Also cameras are mostly on one side so you only see the opposite side of the seats where there may be few fans. Yet I am sorry to say lacrosse does not draw huge numbers. It will continue to grow but never draw like basketball and football.


I think the issue is that most people dont understand or care for the game unless someone you know is playing. How is Hofstra and Stony Brook average attendance? i would be suprised if they hit 1500 at most of their games.



Thanks for your opinion. Why don't you provide the thread with facts. Your opinion just indicates that you are lazy and probably uninformed on the subject.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #254446 01/11/18 04:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Union College?


That was so hard, wasn't it?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #254449 01/11/18 05:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2017 average game attendance-Mens Lacrosse
#1-Maryland-5,248
#2-Syracuse-4,386
#3-Michigan-3,672

Seems like a few more than friends and family


I think the issue is a lot of lacrosse programs play their games in the big football stadiums and as a result fans are spread out. Also cameras are mostly on one side so you only see the opposite side of the seats where there may be few fans. Yet I am sorry to say lacrosse does not draw huge numbers. It will continue to grow but never draw like basketball and football.


I think the issue is that most people dont understand or care for the game unless someone you know is playing. How is Hofstra and Stony Brook average attendance? i would be suprised if they hit 1500 at most of their games.



Thanks for your opinion. Why don't you provide the thread with facts. Your opinion just indicates that you are lazy and probably uninformed on the subject.


the poster is correct Hofstra vs Stony last year @ Hof ATTENDANCE: 1411
St. Johns vs HOfstra ATTENDANCE: 1868
those are 2 local teams
Providence @ Hof Atten 803
hof @ NC ATTENDANCE: 2036

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #254455 01/11/18 06:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2017 average game attendance-Mens Lacrosse
#1-Maryland-5,248
#2-Syracuse-4,386
#3-Michigan-3,672

Seems like a few more than friends and family


I think the issue is a lot of lacrosse programs play their games in the big football stadiums and as a result fans are spread out. Also cameras are mostly on one side so you only see the opposite side of the seats where there may be few fans. Yet I am sorry to say lacrosse does not draw huge numbers. It will continue to grow but never draw like basketball and football.


I think the issue is that most people dont understand or care for the game unless someone you know is playing. How is Hofstra and Stony Brook average attendance? i would be suprised if they hit 1500 at most of their games.



Thanks for your opinion. Why don't you provide the thread with facts. Your opinion just indicates that you are lazy and probably uninformed on the subject.


the poster is correct Hofstra vs Stony last year @ Hof ATTENDANCE: 1411
St. Johns vs HOfstra ATTENDANCE: 1868
those are 2 local teams
Providence @ Hof Atten 803
hof @ NC ATTENDANCE: 2036


Has to do with the weather. Season starts early in the north east.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #254503 01/12/18 12:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah its the weather, that's it. check those april / may games. Done with this argument, can we move on to HS lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #254523 01/12/18 04:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many fans attend these yearlygames
SA vs Chammy
Dalers vs 'pequa
Ward Melville vs Smithtown
Garden City vs Manhasset

I know the old Chammy vs West Islip games had a good showing for years.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #254530 01/12/18 05:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SA vs Chammy 421
Dalers vs 'pequa 266
Ward Melville vs Smithtown 319
Garden City vs Manhasset 444 but four people left at half

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #254531 01/12/18 06:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2017 average game attendance-Mens Lacrosse
#1-Maryland-5,248
#2-Syracuse-4,386
#3-Michigan-3,672

Seems like a few more than friends and family


I think the issue is a lot of lacrosse programs play their games in the big football stadiums and as a result fans are spread out. Also cameras are mostly on one side so you only see the opposite side of the seats where there may be few fans. Yet I am sorry to say lacrosse does not draw huge numbers. It will continue to grow but never draw like basketball and football.


I think the issue is that most people dont understand or care for the game unless someone you know is playing. How is Hofstra and Stony Brook average attendance? i would be suprised if they hit 1500 at most of their games.



Thanks for your opinion. Why don't you provide the thread with facts. Your opinion just indicates that you are lazy and probably uninformed on the subject.


the poster is correct Hofstra vs Stony last year @ Hof ATTENDANCE: 1411
St. Johns vs HOfstra ATTENDANCE: 1868
those are 2 local teams
Providence @ Hof Atten 803
hof @ NC ATTENDANCE: 2036


IMHO the "walk up" attendance (not family and friends) has as much to do with weather as match up - if it is nice out you might look up to see who is playing today, if it is cold and raining you might look to see what game is on TV or streaming

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #254541 01/12/18 08:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
SA vs Chammy 421
Dalers vs 'pequa 266
Ward Melville vs Smithtown 319
Garden City vs Manhasset 444 but four people left at half



Hahahaha

The SA Chammy JV game has more than 421.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #254547 01/12/18 11:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
yeah its the weather, that's it. check those april / may games. Done with this argument, can we move on to HS lacrosse.

April weather stinks too

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Anonymous #254553 01/13/18 08:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
SA vs Chammy 421
Dalers vs 'pequa 266
Ward Melville vs Smithtown 319
Garden City vs Manhasset 444 but four people left at half



Hahahaha

The SA Chammy JV game has more than 421.



50 kids that won’t ever make varsity for both teams multiplied by 3 (dad, Mom, nanny/housekeeper)=300. Add in the kids from JV2 and their coaches and you’ve got 421

Like Reply Quote
Page 262 of 473 1 2 260 261 262 263 264 472 473
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4