Anonymous #254144 01/08/18 11:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone see the USA game other day ? There was more people at a HS girls basketball game than that lacrosse game. What a embarrassment to the game with every big player and coach there. How are the crowds at College Games ??

I was thinking the same thing. Wonder if they held it in a lacrosse hotbed like Maryland or New York would it be better. Of course it would need to occurs in spring or maybe early fall.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School Lax
B_O_T_C #254145 01/08/18 11:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nike/US Lacrosse Division I Men’s
Preseason Top 20

1. Duke
2. Maryland
3. Denver
4. Albany
5. Yale
6. Notre Dame
7. Rutgers
8. Ohio State
9. Penn State
10. North Carolina
11. Syracuse
12. Loyola
13. Johns Hopkins
14. Hofstra
15. Army
16. Virginia
17. Penn
18. Princeton
19. Towson
20. Villanova

Also considered (alphabetical order): Air Force, Boston University, Brown, Fairfield, Hobart, Marquette, Lehigh, Navy, Providence, Richmond

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #254152 01/08/18 12:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nike/US Lacrosse Division I Men’s
Preseason Top 20

1. Duke
2. Maryland
3. Denver
4. Albany
5. Yale
6. Notre Dame
7. Rutgers
8. Ohio State
9. Penn State
10. North Carolina
11. Syracuse
12. Loyola
13. Johns Hopkins
14. Hofstra
15. Army
16. Virginia
17. Penn
18. Princeton
19. Towson
20. Villanova

Also considered (alphabetical order): Air Force, Boston University, Brown, Fairfield, Hobart, Marquette, Lehigh, Navy, Providence, Richmond

Meaningless... But I will bite.

Too high: Yale, Duke, Penn State

Too low: Towson, Syracuse, North Carolina.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #254262 01/09/18 03:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by thegoaliesdad
How much you only reference D1 and D3 commits and not D2? What is the constant stigma with D2?

D1 commits are not a factor in how well a team will do.

Ehh I have to say talent plays a major roll in how a team does. If you have a good number of D1 and top D3 commits on a team it means there is talent. I dont care how good coaching is if you dont have talent you dont win games. I know there have been a few teams with a tremendous amount of talent but have been unsuccessful. Thats a poor mix of selfish players, parents who dont have a clue and push an all me type of game, and a coach who cant coach.

As per the reference to D1 and D3. D1 and D3 are historically the better programs. D2 does not have many strong teams and also not a long history in the game. The upper tier D3 teams can beat many of the lower tier D1 teams and give some of the upper tier teams a battle

It's just "Per. . . ", not "As per . . . " . . . you're not citing or referencing a document, policy, or some other formal thing! smh

Grammar police. Lol.

I love these D3 Daddy's who's sons didn't a sniff from a D1 school. This guy above says: "The upper tier D3 teams can beat many of the lower tier D1 teams and give some of the upper tier teams a battle" So if we go by your statement, Syracuse that's ranked around 9 can be "kept up with" by St Lawrence, that is ranked top 5 in D3. Really? You have no idea what you're talking about, and have no idea of the level of athleticism those D1 kids have. St. Lawrence would have ZERO chance against Dartmouth, let alone Syracuse. It's ok to play D3, stop with the silly comparisons.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #254273 01/09/18 05:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
love these D3 Daddy's who's sons didn't a sniff from a D1 school. This guy above says: "The upper tier D3 teams can beat many of the lower tier D1 teams and give some of the upper tier teams a battle" So if we go by your statement, Syracuse that's ranked around 9 can be "kept up with" by St Lawrence, that is ranked top 5 in D3. Really? You have no idea what you're talking about, and have no idea of the level of athleticism those D1 kids have. St. Lawrence would have ZERO chance against Dartmouth, let alone Syracuse. It's ok to play D3, stop with the silly comparisons.[/quote]

So as a parent who seems to know so much about lacrosse and the D1 schools. You brought them up but Dartmouth is falling apart. Kids quitting on the coach left and right. Coach lost almost his whole senior class. You do know there are over 70 D1 team. It was said that the top D3 can keep up with the bottom D1 and beat them more often than not. Salisbury, Tufts, RIT, York, St, Lawrence, Wesleyan, and Denison can 100% beat schools at the bottom of the D1 pool. Teams like Bellamarine, Lafayette, Siena, Dartmouth, Detroit Mercer, Mercer, Wagner, Manhattan, Quinnipiac, VMI, and NJIT. There is D1 talent in D3. Just because a player chose to play D3 doesn't mean they had no interest or could not play D1. Parents just fall in love with D1 because of all the kool aid they have drank from the club coaches. D3 has great lacrosse also. Get your head out of Chanencuks rear. Did your little laxer do his repeat or pg year to get into NJIT or Siena. Lol. Keep drinking the kool aid.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #254294 01/10/18 02:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see the USA game other day ? There was more people at a HS girls basketball game than that lacrosse game. What a embarrassment to the game with every big player and coach there. How are the crowds at College Games ??

Friends and family . . .

I was fortunate one year to be in Raleigh the day when Duke played NC on a Saturday, late morning/mid-day, and beyond friends and family, there were no other fans there . . .

I take it Duke was on spring break then?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #254311 01/10/18 09:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Friends and family . . .

I was fortunate one year to be in Raleigh the day when Duke played NC on a Saturday, late morning/mid-day, and beyond friends and family, there were no other fans there . . .

Nope!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #254317 01/10/18 10:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Friends and family . . .

Nope!

Lacrosse will remain a fringe spectator sport for a very long time, except maybe final 4 or national championship college games. For the most part, the only people who watch regular season college games in person at the venue are friends and family.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #254319 01/10/18 10:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Friends and family . . .

Nope!

Lacrosse will remain a fringe spectator sport for a very long time, except maybe final 4 or national championship college games. For the most part, the only people who watch regular season college games in person at the venue are friends and family.

Every college sport except "big time" basketball and football have small crowds. So what!!! What is your point. How many spectators are at Div 1 baseball, hockey, cross country, volleyball, softball, track, rugby etc. The kids play because they enjoy being student-athletes.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #254321 01/10/18 11:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Friends and family . . .

Nope!

Every college sport except "big time" basketball and football have small crowds. So what!!! What is your point. How many spectators are at Div 1 baseball, hockey, cross country, volleyball, softball, track, rugby etc. The kids play because they enjoy being student-athletes.

Having attended a school with a then top DIII hockey team, every home game I attended (which was every one) had a full or near full arena - granted these arenas are in the 2 - 3K range for capacity, but that is way beyond friends and family, and for many DIII schools, those numbers exceed the student body population. Most of the away games I attended were similar situations - for reference this was the ECAC. I have to think DI hockey equals or exceeds the interest exhibited by DIII (my schools team is now DI, and they still fill their arena regularly). I can't argue about the rest of the sports mentioned . . .

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #254329 01/10/18 12:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Having attended a school with a then top DIII hockey team, every home game I attended (which was every one) had a full or near full arena - granted these arenas are in the 2 - 3K range for capacity, but that is way beyond friends and family, and for many DIII schools, those numbers exceed the student body population. Most of the away games I attended were similar situations - for reference this was the ECAC. I have to think DI hockey equals or exceeds the interest exhibited by DIII (my schools team is now DI, and they still fill their arena regularly). I can't argue about the rest of the sports mentioned . . .[/quote]

Lehigh Wrestling Attendance: 9,896 versus Penn State last month. It was awesome!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #254345 01/10/18 01:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Friends and family . . .

The only people at the game that day were strippers....

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #254353 01/10/18 02:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having attended a school with a then top DIII hockey team, every home game I attended (which was every one) had a full or near full arena - granted these arenas are in the 2 - 3K range for capacity, but that is way beyond friends and family, and for many DIII schools, those numbers exceed the student body population. Most of the away games I attended were similar situations - for reference this was the ECAC. I have to think DI hockey equals or exceeds the interest exhibited by DIII (my schools team is now DI, and they still fill their arena regularly). I can't argue about the rest of the sports mentioned . . .[/quote]

Lehigh Wrestling Attendance: 9,896 versus Penn State last month. It was awesome! [/quote]

Since BOTC likes facts..........what school and when. Provide facts not your opinion about some D3 hockey. As far as wrestling.....that's a great in state matchup. 10K at that match is great.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #254357 01/10/18 02:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares how many people watch the game. All you need to know is that parents and lax chicks attend the games.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #254359 01/10/18 02:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 average game attendance-Mens Lacrosse
#1-Maryland-5,248
#2-Syracuse-4,386