BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,324
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 23 of 47 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It exists... I saw it somewhere online. I am a Duke's parent who saw many of the games. There is a lot of chatter on here about goalies. The ACS goalies were ok although not great in the championship. Our Goalie and the Georgia goalie both had a better tournament. Just sayin'

I remember once speaking to a friend who is a college coach at a tournament for my older child and we were talking about what they look for at tournaments. First, they rarely if ever know who won or lost the game. They typically have a list of kids they look for. However, one interesting point was how he views goalies in particular. On strong teams he has found it frustrating when he goes to watch a goalie on his list and it is a mismatch game and he the goalie does not face as much action. He did mention that they watch how the goalies warm up, how the move, how they coach on the field. He mentioned that most people really do not know how to evaluate this position.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

(NA) Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It exists... I saw it somewhere online. I am a Duke's parent who saw many of the games. There is a lot of chatter on here about goalies. The ACS goalies were ok although not great in the championship. Our Goalie and the Georgia goalie both had a better tournament. Just sayin'

I remember once speaking to a friend who is a college coach at a tournament for my older child and we were talking about what they look for at tournaments. First, they rarely if ever know who won or lost the game. They typically have a list of kids they look for. However, one interesting point was how he views goalies in particular. On strong teams he has found it frustrating when he goes to watch a goalie on his list and it is a mismatch game and he the goalie does not face as much action. He did mention that they watch how the goalies warm up, how the move, how they coach on the field. He mentioned that most people really do not know how to evaluate this position.

Coaches absolutely have names circled but they are still recruiting others who stand out and fit a role they need. The Goalie position is the hardest position for College Coaches to evaluate as it is the most fundamental position out there. Also, there are many factors that go into the evaluation process that ultimately make it more challenging such as if their defense is great or not great or if the competition is not so good or unknown. This is why goalies typically go later than any other position but you are certainly right about looking at their footwork, positioning and if they are quarterbacking the defense by being vocal.

(NA) Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless of the negative comments about coaches and players. No one can take away your talent and keep working hard. For any kids on the forum! If you receive any awards, be proud and always be a good teammate! This is an anonymous forum because it is very unacceptable to have this kind of hate and animosity towards children!
Do not let the opinions of others ruin your experience. If someone cannot Congratulate you on your award then it is their problem, not yours!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ironically, one of the Duke's goalies is on the Crabs 2023 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is a Crabs 2023 starting goalie. He had a great tournament! Nice kid and nice family!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is a Crabs 2023 starting goalie. He had a great tournament! Nice kid and nice family!

New strategy, Crabs starting two goalies...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is a Crabs 2023 starting goalie. He had a great tournament! Nice kid

and nice family!

New strategy, Crabs starting two goalies...

Ironically only one can goalie start. One time I was talking to my friend who coaches College and that is what he told me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought he had a nice tournament as well; seems humble and well adjusted to this level of play. I thought 87 on Dukes was a stud and the FO kid was a nice player as well; 24 on ACS was a man among boys!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes has the best 2023 Attackman by far, wouldn't you agree?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes has the best 2023 Attackman by far, wouldn't you agree?

By far no, they have other great players but very good Attackman and unit

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Dukes has the best 2023 Attackman by far, wouldn't you agree?

By far no and there are other great players but great players?

Dukes has a solid team top to bottom

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Dukes has the best 2023 Attackman by far, wouldn't you agree?

By far no and there are other great players but great attackmen

Yes, they are very good at attack and all around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is clear one person goes back and forth asking and responding to their own questions. Someone who tries to pit players and parents against each other! I know who you are and I can’t wait for you to see what we have in store for you! Good bye anonymous forum for weirdos and stalkers. I will get information about lacrosse from reliable sources.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bye

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know we can all tell you are asking and responding to your own questions!? Pure trash talking starter...that is why you and your friends are no longer around! Easily replaced and a better team for it. Good luck finding another school for your son’s Fresh/Soph!
You better get some tissues! It if going to be a long six years for you!

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
There is some really personal and immature banter on this site. While I will admit that some of it is very entertaining - parents and coaches should really take a look at this article and ones like it.

http://www.janssensportsleadership....u-have-discover-the-7-kinds-of-cultures/

Might be worthwhile to also conduct a 360 evaluation of the values, ethics and goals you are passing along to your kids/players through your own actions and daily narrative - especially if these blog comments are anything near what the kitchen table or carpool discussion content is they might be hearing. At 7th grade - shouldn't the game of lacrosse be more about enhancing fundamentals, building lacrosse IQ, truly enjoying the sport and associated camaraderie of your teammates and friends? Just food for thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great article! Thank you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. This is my cross.... There are many more like it but this is mine. My coach makes killing lacrosse machines that will get recruited at D1. Our mission is to destroy cheddar, slash, and clear the crease. All other results are unsatisfactory. What is your major malfunction???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Georgia Goalie was also on the All Tournament team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is clear one person goes back and forth asking and responding to their own questions. Someone who tries to pit players and parents against each other! I know who you are and I can’t wait for you to see what we have in store for you! Good bye anonymous forum for weirdos and stalkers. I will get information about lacrosse from reliable sources.

On behalf of a grateful community -- thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that this has been discussed previously but I was curious if anyone may have some info on the HOCO Club Spring League and how the divisions will be set up for the 2023 group? Elite vs AA vs A etc. Thank you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have a competition meeting soon. They could have four divisions Elite, AA, A and B. I would guess the debate is at elite or AAA the top teams are:
CB, Crabs, Hawks, Looney's, NL, FCA, Bethesda and after that it is adding another team that has little shot to win out of a pool of teams. Is it better to lead the next level or bottom of the top?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just found this list. I don't know all the clubs, but it's pretty impressive that Cavalier 2023 is ranked #16 in the nation.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BchxMQDAJrW

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New year as teams get ready for Spring what will HOCO Elite look like? will they take 7 or 8 teams? Who is added or drops from last year's AAA Div.

In:
CB
Crabs
Looneys
NL
Bethesda
Hawks
FCA
On the bubble:
MadLax
Best of the rest?:
Cavalier
SR
VLC
Lax Factory

91.MD aren't on the bubble, their bubble burst! They will be on par with teams similar to FCA white, Looney's green and Laxworld.

That a Low blow!!

very true statement though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Is it better to lead the next level or be at bottom of the top?"

Unlike many parents, I couldn't care less about team's won-loss records - just want to see my son improve as much as possible before high school.

If my son plays attack (and midi to a lesser extent), I'd rather have his team lead the next level so there's more opportunity for him to work on offensive skills. If he's a defender, rather his team be at the bottom of the top so he gets more play action.

If my son was one of the weaker players on his team, I'd rather the squad be at the top of the division. Bench players get even less play time in losing efforts. When teams are winning, everyone gets playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have a competition meeting soon. They could have four divisions Elite, AA, A and B. I would guess the debate is at elite or AAA the top teams are:
CB, Crabs, Hawks, Looney's, NL, FCA, Bethesda and after that it is adding another team that has little shot to win out of a pool of teams. Is it better to lead the next level or bottom of the top?

AAA??? Are you freaking serious??? How about A, B, C & D??? You people are a joke! You can’t accept that your kid is a D player?? Half these kids are freaking 14!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AAA??? Are you freaking serious??? How about A, B, C & D??? You people are a joke! You can’t accept that your kid is a D player?? Half these kids are freaking 14!!

If they are 14 they should not be 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why does what they call the various levels bother you? You get annoyed at minor league baseball with AAA, AA, A ball?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is incorrect. If on age they shouldnt be 14. But this is a Maryland league with MIAA influence. Therefore you have a lot of overage players that were heldback or for some who dont like the holdback word, they did a prefirst. 12 to 13 is on age for 2023.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is incorrect. If on age they shouldnt be 14. But this is a Maryland league with MIAA influence. Therefore you have a lot of overage players that were heldback or for some who dont like the holdback word, they did a prefirst. 12 to 13 is on age for 2023.

Let’s be honest, 3-4 14 year olds on team is realistic. In the summer that jumps to 7-9.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear Cav 2023 is pushing hard to be in the top division at HoCo. If so, watch out. We might not win it all, but we are definitely going to win some games against the best teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let’s be honest, 3-4 14 year olds on team is realistic. In the summer that jumps to 7-9.

While it is realistic and the holdback/prefirst way. Those 3-4 players are getting an advantage the majority of players are not getting. Wrong on all levels of YOUTH lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear Cav 2023 is pushing hard to be in the top division at HoCo. If so, watch out. We might not win it all, but we are definitely going to win some games against the best teams.

Which top team will Cav’s beat?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I hear Cav 2023 is pushing hard to be in the top division at HoCo. If so, watch out. We might not win it all, but we are definitely going to win some games against the best teams.

Hahaha! That's hysterical. No chance that team wins a game against real competition which is why that team only plays cupcakes and B level tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you don't have to push to get into ELITE DIVISION, just sign up. Cav's will have one win, against Madlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you don't have to push to get into ELITE DIVISION, just sign up. Cav's will have one win, against Madlax.

Not true. HoCo has a competition committee that decides who gets in and who doesn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. HoCo has a competition committee that decides who gets in and who doesn't.

Also, Madlax is not elite and Cav's would not beat them anyway so 0 for 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They didn't have one last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of haters, which we expect. Guess you guys are jealous of the the #16 ranked 2023 team in the world. Sorry your team isn't ranked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess is the HOCO AA or Elite; however you want to label it will have 6 teams:

Club Blue
Hawks
Crabs
FCA
Looney's
BLC

I really do not think any other team(s) should be in that division other than the top 6.

Page 23 of 47 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard