BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 69 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other teams may not win every game but at least we know where are kids stand and who their teammates are. Keep drinking the Cool-Aid. What is that 4 or 5 or 6 2017 boys express teams? Some things never change

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
1- tutles
2-TB
terps
3- all the rest

You really feel that TB/Terps/91 all are at same level? No difference?
who would win a three way round robin if it was held today?
No sure if TB and 91 enter same high level tournaments as terps.

agreed

IDK who would win that round robin, nor do you, it hasn't happened. What high level tournaments are you talking about? Have the Terps played in a Spring/Summer tourny yet? Do you even know who is on the Terps team? You are very chatty for someone who doesn't know if their kid has even made the "New" Terp AA team. Why cant you just leave it that there are some VERY talented 2017 players on LI?

Actually, the question was from a completely innocent point of view. I have no data to make an informed opinion or answer, that is why it was asked. So, hypothetically; who do you think would win that three way based on whatever information or experience you may have with these teams?

As far as the tournament question aspect, I was referring to past history of teams entering them. I think Terps and 91 enter pretty high level tournaments but am not aware of TB touney history.
And finally, I totally agree: there are many very talented players on LI and I hope there always will be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You Can't believe it!!! LOL !!!! They just keep $$$ ing in on parents who buy into this. Same old express. And you can't believe. You must be completely oblivious. But it's all for the kids development. I am sure you believe that too!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay- innocent questions here... so some teams have been ranked. I assume all the teams ranked for this year are the A teams for each club. I noticed that no one put any B teams- except maybe the terps- next in line to the Turtles? Anyway- so is it always better to go to a club that accepted you as an A player- even if you feel the club is not as strong, as oppossed to a B team of a stronger club. Thoughts? I have a few sons and one is not an A player- so landing on a B team is just fine with us- it suits him, his level, his development and happiness. I have other sons that are considered A level players- and play as such- but are marginally younger. Just wondering if you would accept a B team over an A team of a club that you are not as familiar with or is a lesser power house in the lax worls at the moment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you stupid did not mention express B team in top 10 . Let me put it so simple terms, you are talking Cindy Crawford vs Rosie ODonnel.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay- innocent questions here... so some teams have been ranked. I assume all the teams ranked for this year are the A teams for each club. I noticed that no one put any B teams- except maybe the terps- next in line to the Turtles? Anyway- so is it always better to go to a club that accepted you as an A player- even if you feel the club is not as strong, as oppossed to a B team of a stronger club. Thoughts? I have a few sons and one is not an A player- so landing on a B team is just fine with us- it suits him, his level, his development and happiness. I have other sons that are considered A level players- and play as such- but are marginally younger. Just wondering if you would accept a B team over an A team of a club that you are not as familiar with or is a lesser power house in the lax worls at the moment.

In my case I would say I would go with the A team for the simple fact that the boys will play against better competition and thus make him a better player. Although the flip side of that is if he does go with a "B" and they are playing a competetive schedule and getting good coaching, who cares whether or not they are A or B? Its all about whats best for your son and whether or not he is enjoying himself and becoming a better player in the process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In my opinion A or B label wouldn't matter. What team has the better coaching , practice schedule , quality of players etc .... That would be the team I would choose for my son.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I think it totally depends upon your son, his development needs, your finances and location. My son went with a lesser known team this year though he made a couple of more well known 'A' teams because it is a little cheaper, location of practices is closer, and we felt the coaching is better. We expect him to learn more from this team than he could from any of the A teams he made. The coaching is just that much better and we believe good instruction/coaching is more important than being on an A team. The trade off is that he probably won't play some of the better teams and wont be going to the better tournaments. There's still time, he's only in 8th grade. IMHO Which of the LI teams will be playing in the OBLL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would take the strong B team over a weak A team. The coaching will be better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles have been playing together many years, by default they are the premier team. Terps have a very strong set of athletes but they have only been together since the fall. They have beat some very good teams along the way, including some of the Best from Baltimore and Philly. 91 fl$ TrueBlue are all very strong as well. 2017 class is deep with talent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- tutles
2-TB
terps
3- all the rest

agreed

IDK who would win that round robin, nor do you, it hasn't happened. What high level tournaments are you talking about? Have the Terps played in a Spring/Summer tourny yet? Do you even know who is on the Terps team? You are very chatty for someone who doesn't know if their kid has even made the "New" Terp AA team. Why cant you just leave it that there are some VERY talented 2017 players on LI?

new terps AA team??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you stupid did not mention express B team in top 10 . Let me put it so simple terms, you are talking Cindy Crawford vs Rosie ODonnel.

Nice...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you obviously have not seen TB, 91 and Terps play... I did.they are all really good...

but you are crazy if you discount True Blue or 91
... better yet, ask your kid or a player who played against those teams what he thinks.... you'll get the truth...

the question is; Will you post it??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would take the strong B team over a weak A team. The coaching will be better.

how do you know the coaching will be better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by stich2681
I think it totally depends upon your son, his development needs, your finances and location. My son went with a lesser known team this year though he made a couple of more well known 'A' teams because it is a little cheaper, location of practices is closer, and we felt the coaching is better. We expect him to learn more from this team than he could from any of the A teams he made. The coaching is just that much better and we believe good instruction/coaching is more important than being on an A team. The trade off is that he probably won't play some of the better teams and wont be going to the better tournaments. There's still time, he's only in 8th grade. IMHO Which of the LI teams will be playing in the OBLL?

"There's still time, he's only in 8th grade", thats a first on this site! Everyone here has their kids playing D1 by 4th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- tutles
2-TB
terps
3- all the rest

agreed

Actually, the question was from a completely innocent point of view. I have no data to make an informed opinion or answer, that is why it was asked. So, hypothetically; who do you think would win that three way based on whatever information or experience you may have with these teams?

As far as the tournament question aspect, I was referring to past history of teams entering them. I think Terps and 91 enter pretty high level tournaments but am not aware of TB touney history.
And finally, I totally agree: there are many very talented players on LI and I hope there always will be.

A completely innocent point of view? OK...No one would have that "data" or "informed opinion".(although some on here speak as they do) Apparently, these boys are all getting better, bigger, stronger & faster..."Any Given Sunday"

As for the tournaments that they have entered, 91 & TB have been in some of the same & some different, Terps have only played fall tournaments.

Asking which team would win or rank the 2017 teams is ridiculous. It has proven to bring out the worst in some adults.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lighten up... Francis

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- tutles
2-TB
terps
3- all the rest

agreed

A completely innocent point of view? OK...No one would have that "data" or "informed opinion".(although some on here speak as they do) Apparently, these boys are all getting better, bigger, stronger & faster..."Any Given Sunday"

As for the tournaments that they have entered, 91 & TB have been in some of the same & some different, Terps have only played fall tournaments.

Asking which team would win or rank the 2017 teams is ridiculous. It has proven to bring out the worst in some adults.

At least we can count on your predictable negativity.

It seems that this recent thread has been pretty open mined and non-inflammatory, however, your pessimism seems to bleed through regardless.

As the previous poster suggested, "lighten up, Francis"

The poll is just opinions. So what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a suprise 2 Terps teams. Other teams may not win every game but at least we know where are kids stand and who their teammates are. Keep drinking the Cool-Aid. What is that 4 or 5 or 6 2017 boys express teams? Some things never change

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MY "predictable negativity & Pessimism", that is rich!!

Parents entertaining themselves by ranking 13 year old boys lacrosse teams based on their "upbiased" opinions is what? Optimistic? Productive? Come on, it's impossible to do until these teams actually face eachother.

BTW..."Any one of you guys call me Franicis and..."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats why an all long island tournament has been suggested. But because this is a business no club teams will commit to it. Nothing to gain and everyhting to loose. Its just the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MY "predictable negativity & Pessimism", that is rich!!

Parents entertaining themselves by ranking 13 year old boys lacrosse teams based on their "upbiased" opinions is what? Optimistic? Productive? Come on, it's impossible to do until these teams actually face eachother.

BTW..."Any one of you guys call me Franicis and..."

That's why it's called "hypothetical". We all know that an all Long Island Championship won't happen. Could you imagine the absolute threat to the self anointed elite teams that would be? I would pay good money to see that tournament, that's for sure!!

So we are left with the arm-chair fantasy lacrosse scenario as a substitute for the real thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does not matter how many games or tournaments a team wins. College coaches could care less . If someone is a stand out player at a recruiting event then they will get noticed and recruited. College coaches don't ask them how many games and tournaments did you win. How many games an 8 th grade club team wins is just not that important.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any of you 2017 Travel players know whether or not your club is doing the OBLL this spring? Seems like a lot of teams are not doing it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strong B team infers that the overall brand is worth protecting. That may or may not be the case, but that is what I experienced over the years. Of course everything is situation specific.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most 8 th grade teams doing kings point league... it's a better run league (schedule wise) and better competition ..
you , will see few teams from new jersey , connecticut and weschester travel teams . also, will hve some maryland teams travel up for 1 weekend .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most 8 th grade teams doing kings point league... it's a better run league (schedule wise) and better competition ..
you , will see few teams from new jersey , connecticut and weschester travel teams . also, will hve some maryland teams travel up for 1 weekend .

Any contact info or website for this league? Can't find anything online. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From their websites Team 91 is going to OBLL and fl$ is going to Kings point. Don't know any others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any contact info or website for this league? Can't find anything online. Thanks

Somebody has to have some info about this league? Contact info anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From their websites Team 91 is going to OBLL and fl$ is going to Kings point. Don't know any others.

Outlaws Black 2017 is doing Kings Point (Merchant Marine Academy) League.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have any 2017 kids heard yet about being invited to Jake Reed this summer after the 3D Blue Chip camps? I know 3D said invites will be emailed out by March 1st at the latest, just wasn't sure if anyone has received invites yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have any 2017 kids heard yet about being invited to Jake Reed this summer after the 3D Blue Chip camps? I know 3D said invites will be emailed out by March 1st at the latest, just wasn't sure if anyone has received invites yet.

It's not March 1st yet.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not March 1st yet.....

Hey wise guy, the email said March 1st AT THE LATEST which is why I asked the question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaws Black 2017 is doing Kings Point (Merchant Marine Academy) League.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess you cant wait to part with your money so your 8th grader can get "a look" from nobody..!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess you cant wait to part with your money so your 8th grader can get "a look" from nobody..!!!

My son verballed to Hopkins yesterday based on his performance at 3D blue chip. Hes the first 8th grader in history to verbal. Petramala is giving him a full ride and guaranteed him a starting position all four years and an assistant coaching job when he graduates. So glad its over and I dont have to wait until March 1st.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep your head in the sand.

There are more than 100 sophomores who have verbally committed to Division I Schools. These are just the ones that are confirmed, I'm sure there are more.

Where and when do you think the College Coaches watched these boys play??

Apparently it was not during their Junior Year of “High School Ball”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Turtles heard already., everyone else has to wait until March.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would think it is at least a decent measure of where a boy stands with a lot of his peers. Why knock it so much? And the exposure from a higher standard of competition has it's merits, no? Who cares if there aren't any "looks". If a kid from around here makes it, then kudos to him and the coaches who prepped him to get there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep your head in the sand.

There are more than 100 sophomores who have verbally committed to Division I Schools. These are just the ones that are confirmed, I'm sure there are more.

Where and when do you think the College Coaches watched these boys play??

Apparently it was not during their Junior Year of “High School Ball”.

Do you have any idea how many kids play high school lax at the sophomore level nationwide? Whose head is in the sand?

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 69 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard