BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 97 of 267 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 266 267
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
'Quot will underperform, it is the coaching.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What about HHHE in '18?

Is this Connetquot's or Smithtown East's last hurra, I think they could be there in the end, why talk top 3, when 4 teams make it to semis no such thing as a game deciding third best. I think there are 5 top teams

Does Commack or Northport's have depth or future? Is being ranked 7th for West Islip a wake up or is 6th place the best they can pull out? Will Sachem become irrelevant and fall in with the next tier?

I'd like to see which of the following will break through further.
Bayshore
Huntington
Lindenhurst
Riverhead
Whitman

But I'd have to agree, Ward Melville is king, probably for next few years, the battle below them is going to be interesting.

Any thoughts on the top ten in Suffolk?

In Suffolk "A" the top teams will be:

Ward Melville
Smithton West
Connetquot

Not sure anyone else has a chance to win the county championship. Maybe Smithton East? Cormmack?

Ward Melville
Smithton West
Connetquot

Not sure anyone else has a chance to win the county championship. Maybe Smithton East? Cormmack?

HHHE possible final four in 18' but unlikely.

Not sure if this is the end for Connetquot or Smithtown East but Connetquot should be tough.

Cormmack has a chance to get to the final four not sure about Northport. Both have a future but neither has the depth to knock off top teams consistently.

West Islip being ranked 7th is a result of sandbagging in order to impact schedule. It will not matter, they are not a top 4 team.

When was either Sachem relevant?

Riverhead has the best chance of the group you listed.

Ward Melville is favorite. 18's and 19's very good as were the 17's. Will they have the depth going forward? Don't think the 20's are deep maybe they fall off like WI has done.

Smithtown West is solid and future looks good.

WM vs Connetquot in finals.

What does cormmack have that I am missing? ( And why the r). Second time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way WM v Quot! Our coach is horrible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The high school coaching ranks are thin with a few exceptions (WM) Most of these coaches are little more than managers that inherit fully trained kids from clubs and clinics. Parents spend thousands to deliver a athlete with plenty of game experience and honed skills only to watch a high school coach NOT make them better as a team or player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The high school coaching ranks are thin with a few exceptions (WM) Most of these coaches are little more than managers that inherit fully trained kids from clubs and clinics. Parents spend thousands to deliver a athlete with plenty of game experience and honed skills only to watch a high school coach NOT make them better as a team or player.

unfortunately, very true

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

unfortunately, very true

Aren’t the majority of club coaches HS coaches as well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

unfortunately, very true

I think that Massapequa has the best coaching staff on Long Island. A great mix of styles and experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

unfortunately, very true

—exactly. Good Club kids play against only kids their age, the parents and the kid think they’re the next Paul Rabil, and then get upset when the coach “doesn’t know what he’s doing” or better known to realists as the kid stops working hard because he thinks he knows better and because the parents spent thousands of dollars they’re experts? Give me a break. How come not every kid playing varsity goes division 1?! The coach?? No. It’s 1) the players just aren’t that good and 2) kids these days would rather play Xbox, go to their SAT tutor (not a bad thing but it’s true) and just don’t have the same motivation as a class or 2 precious. Hard work beats talent? Well thousands spent doesn’t mean you’re talented, and most kids these days don’t know what“hard work” is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

unfortunately, very true

—exactly. Good Club kids play against only kids their age, the parents and the kid think they’re the next Paul Rabil, and then get upset when the coach “doesn’t know what he’s doing” or better known to realists as the kid stops working hard because he thinks he knows better and because the parents spent thousands of dollars they’re experts? Give me a break. How come not every kid playing varsity goes division 1?! The coach?? No. It’s 1) the players just aren’t that good and 2) kids these days would rather play Xbox, go to their SAT tutor (not a bad thing but it’s true) and just don’t have the same motivation as a class or 2 precious. Hard work beats talent? Well thousands spent doesn’t mean you’re talented, and most kids these days don’t know what“hard work” is.

There are teams with all d1 starters and depth on the bench. Last year one of them under performed miserably.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

unfortunately, very true

Gibberish.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

unfortunately, very true

I think that Massapequa has the best coaching staff on Long Island. A great mix of styles and experience.

Hard to argue. They definitely get he most out of their talent and make teams better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aren’t the majority of club coaches HS coaches as well? [/quote]

I think that Massapequa has the best coaching staff on Long Island. A great mix of styles and experience. [/quote]

Hard to argue. They definitely get he most out of their talent and make teams better. [/quote]

I'd rather go with Ward Melville and CSH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think most schools on LI would take either 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport has minimal depth and this year will be a challenge in itself. Of the seniors, a few low level D3 commits and the starting goalie is a top D2 commit. Under classmen, some potential, 1-2 D1 commits. Coaching and cohesiveness is an issue.

What about HHHE in '18?

Is this Connetquot's or Smithtown East's last hurra, I think they could be there in the end, why talk top 3, when 4 teams make it to semis no such thing as a game deciding third best. I think there are 5 top teams

Does Commack or Northport's have depth or future? Is being ranked 7th for West Islip a wake up or is 6th place the best they can pull out? Will Sachem become irrelevant and fall in with the next tier?

I'd like to see which of the following will break through further.
Bayshore
Huntington
Lindenhurst
Riverhead
Whitman

But I'd have to agree, Ward Melville is king, probably for next few years, the battle below them is going to be interesting.

Ward Melville
Smithton West
Connetquot

Ward Melville
Smithton West
Connetquot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1 commits are not a factor in how well a team will do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ehh I have to say talent plays a major roll in how a team does. If you have a good number of D1 and top D3 commits on a team it means there is talent. I dont care how good coaching is if you dont have talent you dont win games. I know there have been a few teams with a tremendous amount of talent but have been unsuccessful. Thats a poor mix of selfish players, parents who dont have a clue and push an all me type of game, and a coach who cant coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That brings us back to coaching.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How much you only reference D1 and D3 commits and not D2? What is the constant gobshite stigma with D2?

Ehh I have to say talent plays a major roll in how a team does. If you have a good number of D1 and top D3 commits on a team it means there is talent. I dont care how good coaching is if you dont have talent you dont win games. I know there have been a few teams with a tremendous amount of talent but have been unsuccessful. Thats a poor mix of selfish players, parents who dont have a clue and push an all me type of game, and a coach who cant coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Say hallelujah and amen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by thegoaliesdad
How much you only reference D1 and D3 commits and not D2? What is the constant [ChillLaxin] stigma with D2?

As per the reference to D1 and D3. D1 and D3 are historically the better programs. D2 does not have many strong teams and also not a long history in the game. The upper tier D3 teams can beat many of the lower tier D1 teams and give some of the upper tier teams a battle

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much you only reference D1 and D3 commits and not D2? What is the constant [ChillLaxin] stigma with D2?

As per the reference to D1 and D3. D1 and D3 are historically the better programs. D2 does not have many strong teams and also not a long history in the game. The upper tier D3 teams can beat many of the lower tier D1 teams and give some of the upper tier teams a battle

The top 6 or so D II programs are very solid programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much you only reference D1 and D3 commits and not D2? What is the constant nonsense stigma with D2?

No they are not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much you only reference D1 and D3 commits and not D2? What is the constant stigma with D2?

Stop with your stupid opinion. This is the same non-factual argument every year. You have no facts to back up your opinion. Your obvious attempt to somehow equate D3 programs with D1 teams and disparage D2 is obvious. Enjoy your daughters D3 games and leave it at that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no need to bash others to make a point - it is a big accomplishment for any kid to go on and play college lacrosse at any level - D1,2,3 club ect. many factors into decisions and not just lacrosse (location, scholastic and cost being major factors)

As for the coaching argument I am a big believer in the best coach usually gets off the bus with the best players - was Bob Hartranft a mediocre coach for 46 years and a great coach for one year? has Dennis Bonn really become a better coach the last three years and if he goes 12-5 this year is he not as good a coach as he was last year? No, it depends on the players.

Obviously there are great coaches, good coaches and bad coaches but IMHO a bad coach can win with great players but a good coach can not win a championship without them. give me a strong youth program, a 75% fogo and a 65% save goalie over a "great" coach any day

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they are not.

smh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop with your stupid opinion. This is the same non-factual argument every year. You have no facts to back up your opinion. Your obvious attempt to somehow equate D3 programs with D1 teams and disparage D2 is obvious. Enjoy your daughters D3 games and leave it at that.

As opposed to your stupid opinion . . . ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many HS coaches try to stay current and innovative in their training, practices, game planning, and motivational skills?
How many have cookie cutter practices, drills, and plays year in year out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much you only reference D1 and D3 commits and not D2? What is the constant stigma with D2?

As opposed to your stupid opinion . . . ??

ok cement head....second time.......give some facts to back up your stupid opinion.........we are all waiting to be enlightened

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your opinion gospel. LOL. Guess we know whos kid is going D2. Come on, nothing against D2 there is a school for everyone yet to say D3 is not better lacrosse is being silly. Look at the traditionally strong D3 programs year in and year out. Lacrosse wise and academically you can not compare D2 to D3.

The first time you heard the word lacrosse you thought it was a tennis shirt and its logo was an alligator

Please just look at the schools your speaking of in D2
academics
1 Limestone 21-1 1 not in top 650
2 Merrimack 15-4 4 #404
3 Adelphi 15-4 3 #332
4 Le Moyne 14-3 2 #354
5 Tampa 15-5 7 #483
6 Pace 12-4 5 #387
7 Lenoir-Rhyne 12-3 6 not in top 650
8 Mercyhurst 12-3 8 not in top 650
9 NYIT 14-3 9 not in top 650
10 Wingate 13-4 14 not in top 650

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
[/quote]

As per the reference to D1 and D3. D1 and D3 are historically the better programs. D2 does not have many strong teams and also not a long history in the game. The upper tier D3 teams can beat many of the lower tier D1 teams and give some of the upper tier teams a battle[/quote]

Stop with your stupid opinion. This is the same non-factual argument every year. You have no facts to back up your opinion. Your obvious attempt to somehow equate D3 programs with D1 teams and disparage D2 is obvious. Enjoy your daughters D3 games and leave it at that. [/quote]

As opposed to your stupid opinion . . . ??[/quote]

ok cement head....second time.......give some facts to back up your stupid opinion.........we are all waiting to be enlightened
[/quote]

I am not the OP - just pointing out the flaw in your argument about opposing "opinions".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is your opinion gospel. LOL. Guess we know whos kid is going D2. Come on, nothing against D2 there is a school for everyone yet to say D3 is not better lacrosse is being silly. Look at the traditionally strong D3 programs year in and year out. Lacrosse wise and academically you can not compare D2 to D3.

The first time you heard the word lacrosse you thought it was a tennis shirt and its logo was an alligator

academics
2 Merrimack 15-4 4 #404
3 Adelphi 15-4 3 #332
4 Le Moyne 14-3 2 #354
5 Tampa 15-5 7 #483
6 Pace 12-4 5 #387

Facts here!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As per the reference to D1 and D3. D1 and D3 are historically the better programs. D2 does not have many strong teams and also not a long history in the game. The upper tier D3 teams can beat many of the lower tier D1 teams and give some of the upper tier teams a battle[/quote]

Stop with your stupid opinion. This is the same non-factual argument every year. You have no facts to back up your opinion. Your obvious attempt to somehow equate D3 programs with D1 teams and disparage D2 is obvious. Enjoy your daughters D3 games and leave it at that. [/quote]

As opposed to your stupid opinion . . . ??[/quote]

[/quote]

You must have fallen off the evolutionary train one stop before [ChillLaxin] habilis. You sound like such a goon. Please enlighten us with why you think D2 better than D3 in lacrosse and academics. Its bizarre you must come from a very confused family you sound like a MAGA but act like a Snowflake

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole picture is that you have the best academic fit for your son. So this will give them the best opportunity to succeed in life. Sorry break the news to everyone there is life after lacrosse!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

academics
2 Merrimack 15-4 4 #404
3 Adelphi 15-4 3 #332
4 Le Moyne 14-3 2 #354
5 Tampa 15-5 7 #483
6 Pace 12-4 5 #387

Where did you get the academic #'s? Just curious, I couldn't find them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha.....ok ...I guess you need to try and change the original statement you were called out on...page 258 #25364 "

"As per the reference to D1 and D3. D1 and D3 are historically the better programs. D2 does not have many strong teams and also not a long history in the game. The upper tier D3 teams can beat many of the lower tier D1 teams and give some of the upper tier teams a battle"

You were called out on this to provide facts which you were unable to do. Soooo....you try to change your argument to the old straw man argument that D3 schools are better acedemically that D2 schools. Little impotent men like yourself have brought these statements up for decades, D3 schools are just as good as D1 and D3 schools are better academically that D2. Most informed people dismiss these stupid statements made by donkeys like yourself. Approximately 12% of men/women HS players get to play college lax. There is no use in comparing divisions. The kids who get to play in college typically are able to balance lax/academics that fit their own criteria and the uninformed cementheads like yourself drive the comparison narrative and live through their kid....snowflake. Oh yea...by the way...heck yea for MAGA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's just "Per. . . ", not "As per . . . " . . . you're not citing or referencing a document, policy, or some other formal thing! smh

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Does it really matter in the end? Such a small % of player's get the opportunity to play in college, whatever the level, is a major achievement in itself. And for those few players, and remember, the country is a big place and there are a lot of high schools and a lot of players, finding the right fit, athletically, academically and financially is really what it is all about. I'll give an example. My son had offers from all 3 divisions, did a good number of visits and ended up deciding, (his decision) on a D2 school. Between the athletic and academic money they offered, he will come out with minimal debt, be able to go onto to graduate school without holding a heavy bag.
In addition, he will get the chance to play, and they are a top 10 D2 school and possibly win as well as get his college experience and his education. Things to think about for the kids. One of his coaches went D3 and won a championship many years ago and he reminded him again and again that regardless of the level, he won an NCAA championship and that is something he will always have.
He also got is degree and lived the college life. Just something to think about...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D3 schools are typically better academically than.D2. as well are mamy of the lower tier D1. Just Google any D2 school vs the lower D1s and add in the d3s. There is a great site (start class) that compares the schools. Academically can't compare to most (not talking outliers).

I also do not think the top D3 will CONSISTENTLY beat the lower tier D1s. In a game. Maybe the bottom few. Although those rosters do have D1 Caliber players.

The only thing I hope we can all agree is there is a school for everyone and the "for" has got to be right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D3 schools are typically better academically than.D2. as well are mamy of the lower tier D1. Just Google any D2 school vs the lower D1s and add in the d3s. There is a great site (start class) that compares the schools. Academically can't compare to most (not talking outliers).

I also do not think the top D3 will CONSISTENTLY beat the lower tier D1s. In a game. Maybe the bottom few. Although those rosters do have D1 Caliber players.

The only thing I hope we can all agree is there is a school for everyone and the "for" has got to be right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many HS coaches try to stay current and innovative in their training, practices, game planning, and motivational skills?
How many have cookie cutter practices, drills, and plays year in year out?

I've seen the same man up play for 5 years

Like Reply Quote
Page 97 of 267 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard