BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 21 of 47 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the guy I was talking about. He was pretty cool when my kids were younger. His son was most likely too young to play Lacrosse. Things may have changed but he was a good guy back then. He is called Flat Brim because of his hat he always wears. Seems like a Punk Rocker type of thing. I am too old to care about things like this. HS Lax will be starting soon. Woo Hoo.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Little disappointed in this whole conversation of Flat Brim. I was expecting a menacing tough muscular MMA type looking guy . Instead the only two I can see from the picture being the famous Flat Brim, is the Asian guy or some old grey haired guy. What a let down!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Little disappointed in this whole conversation of Flat Brim. I was expecting a menacing tough muscular MMA type looking guy . Instead the only two I can see from the picture being the famous Flat Brim, is the Asian guy or some old grey haired guy. What a let down!

Or maybe the guy wearing the flat brimmed ball cap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Posting and commenting on a photo of boys is sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes lost by a lot

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evergreen is holding supplemental tryouts for 3rd through 11th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hilarious! Dukes has Duds not Studs! Keep talking. Now you see what true talent and good coaching looks like. If you stopped playing in weak tournaments you would know the difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes Nationals will win the whole thing in Florida. We have the best Attack Unit in the country. They are bigger stronger and faster than you guys. See you in the Championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes used to be one of the best clubs. Now they have to rely on getting kids from across the country to field a team at certain one off tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s a shame these parents are so ungrateful and selfish. All this talk about how great DN is. How they are the best team in the country. They lose one game and now it’s all Daddy ball this and we are missing our best players! More than half of the parents don’t even know how to play the game. Weak!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes Nationals is a PONZI Scheme. G is a crook, and the players are ball hogs. Won't be getting anymore of my money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone told me about the Lax forum talking so much about Flat Brim. This is Flat Brim- FB. Anyone whose boys have played on the teams I have been so fortunate to coach or be apart of Lacrosse clinics/camps that I was asked to be on their staff know that I give my all for the boys and keep a fun learning environment for them. Pretty disturbing to read such disappointing comments. As I say to all the boys I coach...be a gentleman outside the lines and a beast inside the lines. Be kind and considerate to people and treat people with respect. I will practice what I preach and only respond to these posts by saying: I was asked to coach the mid Atlantic warrior team; I was asked to coach some of the Baltimore/Md “all star” type teams; and now asked to keep it going with the Atlantic Coast Stars team. The warrior team played a very talented LI team and we were fortunate to win the tourney. The ACS team played a solid dukes team to win the tourney. Very difficult to beat a solid team two times in the same tourney. Sorry that parents feel the way they do abouit me but please know that I give my all to the boys....it’s all about their continued growth and development. I have learned a lot from some of my past actions for defending the boys on the field and I am not perfect nor is anyone else. It all about being accountable for my actions to become a better coach. It is a privilege to coach this stellar ACS team along with having such wonderful parents. I am not coaching the Crabs 2023 because I committed to coaching this team for two years. I am not coaching the mid atlantic warrior team. All the best to everyone this upcoming lacrosse season. Anyone who knows me knows that I care and the boys come first and foremost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes Nationals is a PONZI Scheme. G is a crook, and the players are ball hogs. Won't be getting anymore of my money.
can not even beat the teams in Florida . Not worth the time, money and travel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: To the jerks that think that middle school lacrosse TEAMS and their CLUBS are responsible for shaping your young student-athlete, STOP! Focus on yourselves, your family, and raising your own child to be the young person and young athlete they can be and STOP comparing them to others. YOU are responsible for them. NOT their clubs, club coaches, teams, and others. Look in the mirror. If you are unhappy with your child's performance and position on a team, its NOT the team's fault or the clubs. Its plain and simple- lacrosse clubs are suited to support a few great young talents and the rest of us are along for the ride. We pay for the few young talents and for our own children to play with them- thats the system we CHOOSE to support. If you don't like it, move on and play rec. in middle school. In the end, THE BEST PLAYERS PLAY and will play most of the game in order to win. Not to get better, but to win. That is how the club system is set up. To win. Period. In middle school, it can be different if you choose to support other systems where everyone can play for the sake of playing and not to play to make a name for the club or themselves. For today, you choose to pay Dukes, to play with Dukes, so you can be a part of a winning team (most of the time). Happy new year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your son doesn't play for FB's team, you should shut your both. The only ones who should criticize him are his players' parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you are good enough to be a guest player that doesn't have to pay anything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: To the jerks that think that middle school lacrosse TEAMS and their CLUBS are responsible for shaping your young student-athlete, STOP! Focus on yourselves, your family, and raising your own child to be the young person and young athlete they can be and STOP comparing them to others. YOU are responsible for them. NOT their clubs, club coaches, teams, and others. Look in the mirror. If you are unhappy with your child's performance and position on a team, its NOT the team's fault or the clubs. Its plain and simple- lacrosse clubs are suited to support a few great young talents and the rest of us are along for the ride. We pay for the few young talents and for our own children to play with them- thats the system we CHOOSE to support. If you don't like it, move on and play rec. in middle school. In the end, THE BEST PLAYERS PLAY and will play most of the game in order to win. Not to get better, but to win. That is how the club system is set up. To win. Period. In middle school, it can be different if you choose to support other systems where everyone can play for the sake of playing and not to play to make a name for the club or themselves. For today, you choose to pay Dukes, to play with Dukes, so you can be a part of a winning team (most of the time). Happy new year.

This is someone who clearly has no idea what it means to be a COACH!! Sir with all do respect there is much more to coaching then "WINNING" and if you don't understand that than I feel sorry for your team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is someone who clearly has no idea what it means to be a COACH!! Sir with all do respect there is much more to coaching then "WINNING" and if you don't understand that than I feel sorry for your team.

He does. Its just his philosophy of coaching is much different than yours. Luckily most coaches dont coach like he does or many late blooming players or new to the game players would get discouraged and quit playing after a while..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New year as teams get ready for Spring what will HOCO Elite look like? will they take 7 or 8 teams? Who is added or drops from last year's AAA Div.

In:
CB
Crabs
Looneys
NL
Bethesda
Hawks
FCA
On the bubble:
MadLax
Best of the rest?:
Cavalier
SR
VLC
Lax Factory

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New year as teams get ready for Spring what will HOCO Elite look like? will they take 7 or 8 teams? Who is added or drops from last year's AAA Div.

In:
CB
Crabs
Looneys
NL
Bethesda
Hawks
FCA
On the bubble:
MadLax
Best of the rest?:
Cavalier
SR
VLC
Lax Factory

You left out Evergreen...the only team anyone needs to know!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In:
CB
Crabs
Looneys
NL
Bethesda
Hawks
FCA
On the bubble:
MadLax
Best of the rest?:
Cavalier
SR
VLC
Lax Factory

I would agree with the Teams listed in the Elite Division to make 7 teams; in order to add an 8th the bubble teams should be VLC and South River. 91 and Madlax are A teams at best trying to play AA. For 91 to be listed as a team playing for the 2023 National Title run by Millon is absurd to say the least. I think VLC handled 91 pretty easily 9-1 at the Polo Grounds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In:
CB
Crabs
Looneys
NL
Bethesda
Hawks
FCA
On the bubble:
MadLax
Best of the rest?:
Cavalier
SR
VLC
Lax Factory

91.MD aren't on the bubble, their bubble burst! They will be on par with teams similar to FCA white, Looney's green and Laxworld.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In:
CB
Crabs
Looneys
NL
Bethesda
Hawks
FCA
On the bubble:
MadLax
Best of the rest?:
Cavalier
SR
VLC
Lax Factory

91.MD aren't on the bubble, their bubble burst! They will be on par with teams similar to FCA white, Looney's green and Laxworld.

That a Low blow!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC belongs in A, as does 91 and MadLax. VLC lost to Lax Factory in the fall. CM will never let MadLax be a part of the A division though. South River should step up since they've won the A division the last 2 years. They have the size to compete, just not sure they have the skill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC destroyed Team 91 and lost to both NL and Bethesda by a couple goals. God you keep repeating the same thing over and over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC definitely an Elite team, beat 91 who beat Club Blue and South River in the fall HoCo AA & A champs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone told me about the Lax forum talking so much about Flat Brim. This is Flat Brim- FB. Anyone whose boys have played on the teams I have been so fortunate to coach or be apart of Lacrosse clinics/camps that I was asked to be on their staff know that I give my all for the boys and keep a fun learning environment for them. Pretty disturbing to read such disappointing comments. As I say to all the boys I coach...be a gentleman outside the lines and a beast inside the lines. Be kind and considerate to people and treat people with respect. I will practice what I preach and only respond to these posts by saying: I was asked to coach the mid Atlantic warrior team; I was asked to coach some of the Baltimore/Md “all star” type teams; and now asked to keep it going with the Atlantic Coast Stars team. The warrior team played a very talented LI team and we were fortunate to win the tourney. The ACS team played a solid dukes team to win the tourney. Very difficult to beat a solid team two times in the same tourney. Sorry that parents feel the way they do abouit me but please know that I give my all to the boys....it’s all about their continued growth and development. I have learned a lot from some of my past actions for defending the boys on the field and I am not perfect nor is anyone else. It all about being accountable for my actions to become a better coach. It is a privilege to coach this stellar ACS team along with having such wonderful parents. I am not coaching the Crabs 2023 because I committed to coaching this team for two years. I am not coaching the mid atlantic warrior team. All the best to everyone this upcoming lacrosse season. Anyone who knows me knows that I care and the boys come first and foremost.

Just to be clear:
You were asked to coach at Bel Air, then asked to coach at Carroll Manor, then asked to coach at Koopers, then asked to coach at Looneys, then asked to coach at Crabs, then asked to coach the Warrior team, then asked to coach the Atlantic Stars team? Did I miss anything? That's quite a nomadic existence in just a few years of youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just want to take the time to Congratulate the Atlantic Coast Stars! They are a very talented group of young men and coaches!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to be clear:
You were asked to coach at Bel Air, then asked to coach at Carroll Manor, then asked to coach at Koopers, then asked to coach at Looneys, then asked to coach at Crabs, then asked to coach the Warrior team, then asked to coach the Atlantic Stars team? Did I miss anything? That's quite a nomadic existence in just a few years of youth lacrosse.

Ouch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to be clear:

Or was it... asked to leave Bel Air, then asked to leave Carroll Manor, then asked to leave Koopers, then asked to leave Looney's, then asked to leave the Crabs, then not invited back to the Warrior team....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The great thing about this sport is all of these coaches have a great relationship with each other. I know parents think they can play coaches against each other somehow thinking this will better their child. The fact is coaches no matter what team have a mutual respect for one another. The coaches know the time and effort they put in on and off the field. I can only imagine what they think of the parents who perpetuate drama. It is great when High School comes around and your kid barely makes Fresh-Soph! That’s when you fade into the background and no one even remembers your name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or is it mad that your kid isn’t on the team?! You seem kind of mad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to be clear:

Or was it... asked to leave Bel Air, then asked to leave Carroll Manor, then asked to leave Koopers, then asked to leave Looney's, then asked to leave the Crabs, then not invited back to the Warrior team....

To be fair, he was only asked to leave Bel Air and Looneys. Total buffoon. My son played for him in the past and no he wasn't cut from one of his teams. He wears out his welcome wherever he goes with his antics. Even his co-coach at Looneys had enough after a few years together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to be clear:

Unless Flat Brim moves to Leesburg and coaches Evergreen I think we need to create a new N.VA and seperate MD thread as this is getting old. Why are a few dads obsessed with one youth coach? Kinda creepy if you ask me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The great thing about this sport is all of these coaches have a great relationship with each other. I know parents think they can play coaches against each other somehow thinking this will better their child. The fact is coaches no matter what team have a mutual respect for one another. The coaches know the time and effort they put in on and off the field. I can only imagine what they think of the parents who perpetuate drama. It is great when High School comes around and your kid barely makes Fresh-Soph! That’s when you fade into the background and no one even remembers your name.

Funniest thing I ever heard and I've been both a coach and parent. I've heard many coaches criticize their colleagues, sometimes with cause.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to be clear:

To be fair, he was only asked to leave Bel Air and Looneys. Total buffoon. My son played for him in the past and no he wasn't cut from one of his teams. He wears out his welcome wherever he goes with his antics. Even his co-coach at Looneys had enough after a few years together.

It's hard for a head coach to justify keeping him on the sidelines given the bench penalties he garners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are only mad because his teams are successful! Your timing proves it. Every time he wins you get angry. My kid plays for him and has for many years. My son has learned a lot from him. His coaching style is not for everyone.
I’m the person who told him about this forum. Whether you like him or not, your comments are disturbing. You follow his every move. I wanted him to be aware. When I don’t like someone I disassociate myself from them. That is what adults do. It’s not just your comments but you watch his every move it is disconcerting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, all coaches criticize each other! Some even get in fights with other coaches on their own team. When it comes down to it they respect one another a lot more than self centered parents. Every time you complain to ANY coach about another coach it is an instant red flag! By now in this small group of club teams, parents and kids everyone knows where the drama comes from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You we’re probably looking at The Tourney App the whole time ACS was playing in Florida! You know you were you creepy stalker! Make sure to check out how there were hardly any goals scored against! You probably have it plugged into your spreadsheet you creepy stalker!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, all coaches criticize each other! Some even get in fights with other coaches on their own team. When it comes down to it they respect one another a lot more than self centered parents. Every time you complain to ANY coach about another coach it is an instant red flag! By now in this small group of club teams, parents and kids everyone knows where the drama comes from.

Its amazing how the Dukes and now ACS has bastardized that tournament. 4 teams in a bracket? There's just not a market for holdback national teams.

Page 21 of 47 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard