BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 313 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 312 313
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Calvert Hall, BL, Gilman and Loyola are in the AAA league of the holdback game. The rest are just wannabees.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Calvert Hall, BL, Gilman and Loyola are in the AAA league of the holdback game. The rest are just wannabees.

You forgot one, McDonogh, has a ton of holdbacks. Just ask Andy, I'm sure he will deny it, but everyone knows how many that school has.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What?
Just some insider info, my son transferred to Severn this year (we moved from Massachusetts, he played for the UA all American team there and laxachusetts and he's committed to navy, he'll be class of 2019.) he goes to football workouts at Severn too, where there are a lot of young men who also play lacrosse. According to him, they(lacrosse/football players) want to hire Ubriaco, the Assistent Head Coach at Severn. Most of the kids are optimistic about lacrosse at Severn this year (lost a lot of close games to quality opponents) and football (went 6-5 last year, lost 2 out of 5 by 3 points or less, and had about 4 players transfer in to play football on varsity this year.)

Daddy, you are giving out information I gave you in confidence and everyone can hear my annoying accent, so you outed me on a website. Please stop! I'm completely embarrassed and now I hope I don't get ostracized!!!!

What a jerk you are Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just some insider info, my son transferred to Severn this year (we moved from Massachusetts, he played for the UA all American team there and laxachusetts and he's committed to navy, he'll be class of 2019.) he goes to football workouts at Severn too, where there are a lot of young men who also play lacrosse. According to him, they(lacrosse/football players) want to hire Ubriaco, the Assistent Head Coach at Severn. Most of the kids are optimistic about lacrosse at Severn this year (lost a lot of close games to quality opponents) and football (went 6-5 last year, lost 2 out of 5 by 3 points or less, and had about 4 players transfer in to play football on varsity this year.)

Spock!...is that you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot one, McDonogh, has a ton of holdbacks. Just ask Andy, I'm sure he will deny it, but everyone knows how many that school has.

I doubt he denies it. McDonogh is both boys and girls. Hard to compete against the all boy MIAA schools in Balt County without playing the same game as them.

Funny on Kudda , Booker was interviewing the McDonogh player of game . He heard it was his birthday and adsked him his age. Player said he was Nineteen. It was March.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about the Fall Nike Blue Chip event? Worth going to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
severn doesn't play the holdback game.

You might want to get to know the new program a little better before you stop dropping those sort of absolutes here.

Severn's 2017 poster boy / captain / Ivy League commit was a hold back.

Yes, he was a holdback. As were all three of that family's kids - including their daughter.
Not something Severn encourages as a strategy to gain advantage.
Holdbacks there are the exception, not the rule.

And BTW - Ivy League. How'd that work out for him? All-around student-athlete leader and great kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recapping...

1. "Severn doesn't play the holdback game"

2. Yes, actually they do, their team captain is a holdback

3. OK, that is true. But he's a really good kid and it worked out great for him.

Prediction for Severn 2018: Regression to the Mean.

Some more holdbacks would definitely help the Admirals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recapping...

3. OK, that is true. But he's a really good kid and it worked out great for him.

Silly not to play the game in MD... Especially in the MIAA "A" .. The league where most top teams usually have over 50% of their starters that are college Freshman....I mean 12th graders that are heldback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recapping...

Silly not to play the game in MD... Especially in the MIAA "A" .. The league where most top teams usually have over 50% of their starters that are college Freshman....I mean 12th graders that are heldback.

Agreed with all. Would take an entire culture shift from the top down.
Just don't see it happening.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recapping...

I was at the Boys Latin Championship game a few years ago. Talking to a few parents from BL about the team. This was prior to youth Lacrosse going grade but MIAA schools were loaded with prefirsts/holdbacks. Parent told me that only one player out there for BL shouldnt be a college Freshman right now.
Most people in Balt didnt care, nor aware of this as youth was age and MIAA only played against each other and other schools like them. Plus it was HS.

Apparently these players growing up didn't have any issue with youth being by age. As that is how they all played in their youth. Once they got to HS they played by grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry,the kids want to hire Ubriaco, the assistant head coach at Boys Latin, that was my mistake, and no he is on age, he is in the class of 2019 in Massachusetts, severn doesn't play the holdback game.

It would be a surprise if Severn hires Ubriaco. He was Shrivers right hand man for years and was in line to be the next BL coach. For some reason they decided to forgo him and hire their current coach. If BL could not associate him as the head man of there program, Severn should ask some tough questions as to why. The Baltimore people know why, Severn just needs to do their due diligence.

Isn’t he the HC for RM’s 2018 Crabs Team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding will make a HUGE splash this season(2018) and most likely will win the MIAA in 2019. Loading up with 2021 Hawks and many of the better 2022 Hawks going there too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding will make a HUGE splash this season(2018) and most likely will win the MIAA in 2019. Loading up with 2021 Hawks and many of the better 2022 Hawks going there too

Hardly.. Every year we hear about Spalding, Severn getting ready to make a run. And every year its BL, McD, St Pauls or Loyola ..Gilmans program has been in shambles for years. And St Marys was a one off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recapping...

I was at the Boys Latin Championship game a few years ago. Talking to a few parents from BL about the team. This was prior to youth Lacrosse going grade but MIAA schools were loaded with prefirsts/holdbacks. Parent told me that only one player out there for BL shouldnt be a college Freshman right now.
Most people in Balt didnt care, nor aware of this as youth was age and MIAA only played against each other and other schools like them. Plus it was HS.

Apparently these players growing up didn't have any issue with youth being by age. As that is how they all played in their youth. Once they got to HS they played by grade.

Well age based was U-15, U-13 and U-11 then. So no, it didn't matter because when they held back in 8th grade they were still in U-15. No one seemed to care then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you have any idea how many great players McD and CHC have in the queue? They are recruiting and getting kids committed to top schools. The other schools will have ups and downs but McD and CHC are going to be good, every year, for the foreseeable future.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you have any idea how many great players McD and CHC have in the queue? They are recruiting and getting kids committed to top schools. The other schools will have ups and downs but McD and CHC are going to be good, every year, for the foreseeable future.

The CHC and McD 2021 classes aren't all that strong. McD couldn't even field an 8th grade team last year. BL is absolutely loaded in 2021.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plus McD and CHC are stocked with prefirsts and reclassed kids. Driving in the 9th grade. Ain’t life grand...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see the turtles play yet? Any good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spaulding will not see a playoff game thru 2021. McD and CHC too strong. BL has a never-ending supply of talent. SP has it's ups and downs but always better than Spaulding. Loyola and Gilman will be strong over next few years. Even Severn is better. Spaulding may, and I stress, may challenge MSJ. Only John Carroll will be a game Spaulding could win

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The CHC and McD 2021 classes aren't all that strong. McD couldn't even field an 8th grade team last year. BL is absolutely loaded in 2021.

2021 doesn't matter last year..that was 8th grade. McD easily fills holes in 9-12th with recruitment of top player or players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding. People also said it would be Severn's year in 2017. LOL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Spalding will be really good in the upcoming season. They are loaded with talent."

Signed: Every pre-season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year is a lock: CHC, BL, MCD and Gilman in the semis, More dilution with JC joining the Conference. Spalding, MSJ and no JC still don't have the critical mass to compete with the big six. Its reality folks. Maybe if more Howard County and AA public school kids went to private school but for now the answer is no. SM is the only non BC team to win the ship in the last 30 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman? Puhleez.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman? Puhleez.

St.Pauls over Gilman any day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman? Puhleez.

Gilman has been second tier for years now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gilman? Puhleez.

Gilman has been second tier for years now.

Gilman will be very good this year and next. Best goalie/D in the MIAA. Expect them to lead the conference in fewest goals allowed. Big question mark will be scoring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year is a lock: CHC, BL, MCD and Gilman in the semis, More dilution with JC joining the Conference. Spalding, MSJ and no JC still don't have the critical mass to compete with the big six. Its reality folks. Maybe if more Howard County and AA public school kids went to private school but for now the answer is no. SM is the only non BC team to win the ship in the last 30 years.

It's not about critical mass, it's about alumni support and scholarships. Until MSJ, JC, and Spalding start paying for players (sorry giving support to players), they will always be second tier. The problem is that these schools will give financial support to great poor athletes and so they do have great football and basketball teams, but the lacrosse kids are usually ok financially so they don't get the recruits.

The other schools don't pretend it's about helping the deserving kids and families, they just want the Ws.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was surprised that Lacrosse Unlimited was so invested in the Turtles. Anyone else see this as a conflict? If I were an Express, T9-1, or Igloo kid, Lacrosse Unlimited would be the last place I shopped.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was surprised that Lacrosse Unlimited was so invested in the Turtles. Anyone else see this as a conflict? If I were an Express, T9-1, or Igloo kid, Lacrosse Unlimited would be the last place I shopped.

What does this LI catfight have to do with MD High School??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Rubeor is leaving Loyola Blakefield..........who is in the running to possible take over for him?

Stanwick, Joe Cumming, Deemer Class? Can't think of a lot of LB alumni that could fill those shoes.

Any outsiders?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Rubeor is leaving Loyola Blakefield..........who is in the running to possible take over for him?

Stanwick, Joe Cumming, Deemer Class? Can't think of a lot of LB alumni that could fill those shoes.

Any outsiders?

He isnt leaving until season is over..So long time to find someone. More than likely new coach will have some ties to Loyola. MIAA coaching is a grind with being rewarded a god like stature in the Baltimore High School lacrosse world. Well it is if you win constantly, if not prison wardens have better things said about them.

Question has any MIAA Head coaches gone on to coach at College Level?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travis Crane, Assistant Coach at Calvert Hall now Defensive Coach at The Ohio State

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]

Question has any MIAA Head coaches gone on to coach at College Level?

Dave Cottle

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Matt Hogan

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do boys in the MIAA B and C conference get recruited by colleges? Is it better to start/play for these clubs rather than bench ride for A?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do boys in the MIAA B and C conference get recruited by colleges? Is it better to start/play for these clubs rather than bench ride for A?

Hopkins Kyle Harrison and Benson Erwin both went to Friends in MIAA B. Of course they won three straight MIAA B Championships . That might get you noticed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. If you want to play in college, there is a team for you. Depends on weather it is a D1 or start up D3. Public school kids go to many very good Lacrosse colleges. Most good public schools are MIAA B.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's more about your club team that will get recruited than high school team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 313 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 312 313
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard