BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Sky Walkers Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heros 2021 and, maybe by the end of the summer, MD United too. SW has a couple of middies that run up and down the field. That's about it.

When's the last time either of those teams have beaten SW? I'm not sure how MD United is ever even mentioned in these discussions. That team hasn't been relevant since their best players left last year.

heros will be the best of all teams by end of summer - I don't care weather you believe it or not. There goalie are the best and will win many games for them.

SW is a top tier team at 2021 and I agree with you...How in the [lacrosse] Md United is still getting press is beyond me. They are no longer a relevant team at any age group. They had a few decent seasons a few years ago and that was it. Has-beens.
"There goalie are the best and will win many games for them."....looks like something a 1st grader would write....COME ON Heros dad, you can do better

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to go to a mediocre school then M & D is great for recruiting. Don't you want to go to nobody college?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros goalie IS the best in this age that I have seen. YJ dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros 2021 and, maybe by the end of the summer, MD United too. SW has a couple of middies that run up and down the field. That's about it.

When's the last time either of those teams have beaten SW? I'm not sure how MD United is ever even mentioned in these discussions. That team hasn't been relevant since their best players left last year.

SW is a top tier team at 2021 and I agree with you...How in the heck Md United is still getting press is beyond me. They are no longer a relevant team at any age group. They had a few decent seasons a few years ago and that was it. Has-beens.

"still getting press..." Really? Parents blathering about their kids' teams on a forum is press? Dude, seriously?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SW is a top tier team at 2021 and I agree with you...How in the heck Md United is still getting press is beyond me. They are no longer a relevant team at any age group. They had a few decent seasons a few years ago and that was it. Has-beens.

"still getting press..." Really? Parents blathering about their kids' teams on a forum is press? Dude, seriously?

Bev is nothing more than a business person. She's good at marketing and hyping a mediocre club, and continually suckering gullible parents into giving her money for no results. Her "recruiting director" is a piece of work too. Very self-absorbed bunch.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bev is nothing more than a business person. She's good at marketing and hyping a mediocre club, and continually suckering gullible parents into giving her money for no results. Her "recruiting director" is a piece of work too. Very self-absorbed bunch.

Fake news.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm just a parent and former club coach. Unlike many on this forum, I have nothing against other clubs and their success because it should be about the players, not the parents.
Our family wishes all players luck this summer and beyond, no matter what organization you play with. To me, many parents on this forum have "an axe to grind." For a change, how about enjoying the sport and maintain the integrity like we're asking our kids to do? Just sayin'!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skywalkers is a great organization. Our daughter recently switched from another area organization to be challenged. Our family has been welcomed with open arms by the coaches, parents, and players. In fact in the short time on the team our daughter has indicated that the girls are much nicer than on the team she used to play with.

By the way 16 commits on the 2019 Blue, all of which are quality division 1 institutions. Kudos Skywalkers.

Is this Mike or Molly?

I'm just a parent and former club coach. Unlike many on this forum, I have nothing against other clubs and their success because it should be about the players, not the parents.
Our family wishes all players luck this summer and beyond, no matter what organization you play with. To me, many parents on this forum have "an axe to grind." For a change, how about enjoying the sport and maintain the integrity like we're asking our kids to do? Just sayin'!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having coffee and stumbled on this forum. Quite amusing to read now. I think the SW 21 Blue team may have had a decent Summer. Are they still #2?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having coffee and stumbled on this forum. Quite amusing to read now. I think the SW 21 Blue team may have had a decent Summer. Are they still #2?

"stumbled". Sure you did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha! OK. SW is a top 5 club in the country and I'm not a SW parent. I am a club coach and know that their blue/white teams combined are better at top to bottom 2017-2022 than almost all organizations.

If you look at their commits, it appears they are top in MD!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"stumbled". Sure you did.

What's in your coffee? SW21 #2?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes finally someone who knows lacrosse. Great. [y quote=Anonymous]

Ha! OK. SW is a top 5 club in the country and I'm not a SW parent. I am a club coach and know that their blue/white teams combined are better at top to bottom 2017-2022 than almost all organizations.

If you look at their commits, it appears they are top in MD![/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In this time of reckoning, where do Mike's creepy hugs at the end of practice fall in the spectrum? Scream at preteen and teen girls for an hour and then make them all come give you a hug.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In this time of reckoning, where do Mike's creepy hugs at the end of practice fall in the spectrum? Scream at preteen and teen girls for an hour and then make them all come give you a hug.

It's called tough love. If your snowflake cannot handle it - go back to HoCo Flamingos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's called tough love. If your snowflake cannot handle it - go back to HoCo Flamingos.

don't bother responding to the trolls, it just makes them more obnoxious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW is the most obnoxious club in the state of Maryland. The girls are encouraged to play dirty and stick hack to players faces. The parents are snobby who cheer out loud when opposing players are injured. All this while their coaches are jumping up and down screaming that life is not fair. Sure they have some competitive teams at some levels, but they usually fall just short. This again causes the parents to show their true nature (see above description). SW are the YJ of the state of Maryland. They are and always will be the runts of the litter. But I give you all credit, you keep trying to hang. That in itself should get you all a participation medal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW is the most obnoxious club in the state of Maryland. The girls are encouraged to play dirty and stick hack to players faces. The parents are snobby who cheer out loud when opposing players are injured. All this while their coaches are jumping up and down screaming that life is not fair. Sure they have some competitive teams at some levels, but they usually fall just short. This again causes the parents to show their true nature (see above description). SW are the YJ of the state of Maryland. They are and always will be the runts of the litter. But I give you all credit, you keep trying to hang. That in itself should get you all a participation medal.

Who's been feeding the trolls? See what happens?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's ok. Just come give Mike a hug and everything will work out just fine. I don't call an old creeper hugging 14 yr old girls after practice tough love. I call it what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's ok. Just come give Mike a hug and everything will work out just fine. I don't call an old creeper hugging 14 yr old girls after practice tough love. I call it what it is.

Inappropriate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C2 dad/mom you really need to get over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Inappropriate?

And gross. I know several girls that were uncomfortable about it. Why wouldn't they be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Inappropriate?

And gross. I know several girls that were uncomfortable about it. Why wouldn't they be?

And that's why all those girls are with Diamonds now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Inappropriate?

Sadly, many of the girls feel that staying on SW was the best way to get an offer from a top school. They put up with the creeper because of this. Putting up with MM's verbal abuse was one thing. The end of practice hugs were something else and I am shocked didn't bother more parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Inappropriate?

Sadly, many of the girls feel that staying on SW was the best way to get an offer from a top school. They put up with the creeper because of this. Putting up with MM's verbal abuse was one thing. The end of practice hugs were something else and I am shocked didn't bother more parents.

and do any of the girls politely decline the hug and, if so, what are the consequences? that is really creepy. as if you didn't already have a reason for not playing for that club. girls and parents tolerating that because of potentially playing lacrosse in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and do any of the girls politely decline the hug and, if so, what are the consequences? that is really creepy. as if you didn't already have a reason for not playing for that club. girls and parents tolerating that because of potentially playing lacrosse in college.

MM spends the whole practice yelling at them and telling them how terrible they are. The girls are driven to get his approval. Then at the end he makes them all come give him a hug to let them know that while he verbally abused them for 90 minutes, he loves them and appreciates the work they put in. That's a rough definition of tough love. No teenage girl that is in that situation is going to decline the hug as it is their goal to make the man happy. Sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MM spends the whole practice yelling at them and telling them how terrible they are. The girls are driven to get his approval. Then at the end he makes them all come give him a hug to let them know that while he verbally abused them for 90 minutes, he loves them and appreciates the work they put in. That's a rough definition of tough love. No teenage girl that is in that situation is going to decline the hug as it is their goal to make the man happy. Sad.

not only does he DEMAND the hugs, then he makes them run the big hill at SP until they pass out. then he asks for another hug.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not only does he DEMAND the hugs, then he makes them run the big hill at SP until they pass out. then he asks for another hug.

It's interesting to read all of the haters and their comments about a man that has a great deal of passion for the sport and his players. None of you commenting have any clue why he's tough on the girls. Luckily enough, most parents do and actually laugh on the sideline as he yells and screams at their child. I'm a father who has no problem with my daughter giving MM a hug at the end of practice. In this world everybody has choices, so if you have an issue choose to go elsewhere. Based on the negativity I bet your daughter didn't get a choice and was sent packin', hence the negative vitriol. SW does not teach it's girls to be dirty BTW, however it does teach it's girls to be fierce and aggressive. What is wrong with that? Keep in mind that the team you referred to about "swinging sticks" are girls that are clumsy and just learning how to stick check.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
""""It's interesting to read all of the haters and their comments about a man that has a great deal of passion for the sport and his players. None of you commenting have any clue why he's tough on the girls. Luckily enough, most parents do and actually laugh on the sideline as he yells and screams at their child. I'm a father who has no problem with my daughter giving MM a hug at the end of practice. In this world everybody has choices, so if you have an issue choose to go elsewhere. Based on the negativity I bet your daughter didn't get a choice and was sent packin', hence the negative vitriol. SW does not teach it's girls to be dirty BTW, however it does teach it's girls to be fierce and aggressive. What is wrong with that? Keep in mind that the team you referred to about "swinging sticks" are girls that are clumsy and just learning how to stick check.

Interesting indeed. Do tell which team you speak of as "clumsy and just learning how to stick check" There could be more then one team that plays like this? That would be a systemic coaching failure. "Fierce and aggressive" must still be played within the perimeters of the rules. Just because a certain team (SW) can't beat another team EVER, does not mean that the special "fierce and aggressive" SW hacking plan should be implemented. And what is with the coaches screaming and crying that every call against them is not fair? And the parents are just a pitiful cheering when kids get hurt? But now it makes sense...it just "fierce and aggressive" being taught along with your players going through their clumsy stages of life. My bad; the girls at this age will just have to accept loosing their front 2 teeth because of a stick hack to the face, while the SW girls work out an awkward phase in life. So give me a break.

Aggressive play is great. I like it. But stop all the crying and feet stomping when said play is returned. And if some of your kids loose teeth or get hurt, just mark it up to "fierce and aggressive" coupled with "clumsy and just learning to stick check". I am certain you would understand.

SW are the YJ of Maryland. Cry, cry, cry...

So do you care to fess up to the team you are referring to as being unjustly criticize for going through their clumsy stage in life?

Typical SWs: its not our fault, not fair, our kids were cheated is why we loose...blah, blah, blah.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
""""It's interesting to read all of the haters and their comments about a man that has a great deal of passion for the sport and his players. None of you commenting have any clue why he's tough on the girls. Luckily enough, most parents do and actually laugh on the sideline as he yells and screams at their child. I'm a father who has no problem with my daughter giving MM a hug at the end of practice. In this world everybody has choices, so if you have an issue choose to go elsewhere. Based on the negativity I bet your daughter didn't get a choice and was sent packin', hence the negative vitriol. SW does not teach it's girls to be dirty BTW, however it does teach it's girls to be fierce and aggressive. What is wrong with that? Keep in mind that the team you referred to about "swinging sticks" are girls that are clumsy and just learning how to stick check. Give them a break

Interesting indeed. Do tell which team you speak of as "clumsy and just learning how to stick check" There could be more then one team that plays like this? That would be a systemic coaching failure. "Fierce and aggressive" must still be played within the perimeters of the rules. Just because a certain team (SW) can't beat another team EVER, does not mean that the special "fierce and aggressive" SW hacking plan should be implemented. And what is with the coaches screaming and crying that every call against them is not fair? And the parents are just a pitiful cheering when kids get hurt? But now it makes sense...it just "fierce and aggressive" being taught along with your players going through their clumsy stages of life. My bad; the girls at this age will just have to accept loosing their front 2 teeth because of a stick hack to the face, while the SW girls work out an awkward phase in life. So give me a break

Aggressive play is great. I like it. But stop all the crying and feet stomping when said play is returned. And if some of your kids loose teeth or get hurt, just mark it up to "fierce and aggressive" coupled with "clumsy and just learning to stick check". I am certain you would understand.

So do you care to fess up to the team you are referring to as being unjustly criticize for going through their clumsy stage in life?

Typical SWs: its not our fault, not fair, our kids were cheated is why we loose...blah, blah, blah.

C2 mom/dad at it again. your are referring to the 22 blue team, correct?. its not enough that your 22 team beats SW, you and the other C2 parents have to complain about every foul like it should be an automatic red card. C2 parents whine like this against every team they play. SW never has this issue against ANY OTHER TEAM! SW has had some knock, down drag out games against M&D, TLC, Heros, NY teams and PA teams and girls from both team get knocked down and they get back up and keep playing, not roll around on the ground like they were just shot...thats were the tough love part come into play. see you in the spring snowflake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't worry, those C2 parents will soon be loving the Skywalkers girls that are on their high school team. This is probably their older D'. I see it with especially the 2019's right now - the older girls have really tough physical games when they play Hero's, MnD, YJ and those others - but, you don't hear the parents from other teams whine about any head hunting. But, then again - girls from different club teams end up going to the same high schools together. But, then again - those C2 parents might be doing even more whining after their D gets cut.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
""""It's interesting to read all of the haters and their comments about a man that has a great deal of passion for the sport and his players. None of you commenting have any clue why he's tough on the girls. Luckily enough, most parents do and actually laugh on the sideline as he yells and screams at their child. I'm a father who has no problem with my daughter giving MM a hug at the end of practice. In this world everybody has choices, so if you have an issue choose to go elsewhere. Based on the negativity I bet your daughter didn't get a choice and was sent packin', hence the negative vitriol. SW does not teach it's girls to be dirty BTW, however it does teach it's girls to be fierce and aggressive. What is wrong with that? Keep in mind that the team you referred to about "swinging sticks" are girls that are clumsy and just learning how to stick check. Give them a break

Interesting indeed. Do tell which team you speak of as "clumsy and just learning how to stick check" There could be more then one team that plays like this? That would be a systemic coaching failure. "Fierce and aggressive" must still be played within the perimeters of the rules. Just because a certain team (SW) can't beat another team EVER, does not mean that the special "fierce and aggressive" SW hacking plan should be implemented. And what is with the coaches screaming and crying that every call against them is not fair? And the parents are just a pitiful cheering when kids get hurt? But now it makes sense...it just "fierce and aggressive" being taught along with your players going through their clumsy stages of life. My bad; the girls at this age will just have to accept loosing their front 2 teeth because of a stick hack to the face, while the SW girls work out an awkward phase in life. So give me a break

C2 mom/dad at it again. your are referring to the 22 blue team, correct?. its not enough that your 22 team beats SW, you and the other C2 parents have to complain about every foul like it should be an automatic red card. C2 parents whine like this against every team they play. SW never has this issue against ANY OTHER TEAM! SW has had some knock, down drag out games against M&D, TLC, Heros, NY teams and PA teams and girls from both team get knocked down and they get back up and keep playing, not roll around on the ground like they were just shot...thats were the tough love part come into play. see you in the spring snowflake.

Sorry...not a C2 parent here. Didn't even know C2 had a club anymore. But it is enlightening to know that its a club wide "fierce and aggressive" stick hacking nature; to the point that one of your "clumsy and just learning stick check" teams actually knocked a girls two front teeth out. Even had to stop the game while parents came on the field to search for the detached teeth. And just like clockwork, the [SW] coaches became upset that it was a "good check". This isn't the only incident. Its a club wide aggression thing apparently because they must feel slighted and inferior. Perhaps the "hugging" coach should have a session for all the parents and other coaches.

On a side note, the part were you mentioned rolling around on the ground like they had just been shot made me laugh. We certainly do see that often and it is ridiculous. So on that, we can agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m posting this as an unbiased adult without a dog in the fight. I’m an official of girls lacrosse (Club, HS, NCAA) of 15 years out of The Annapolis area.

The Skywalkers organization, by far, puts out the best athletes and plays the best game of team lacrosse than anyone. Yes teams beat them at times, but typically with the “suzie go to goal” style offense.

Never have I seen any dirty play on their behalf, just gritty hustle and intensity. Yes Their director can be a bit edgy, but has toned it down considerably. I’ve seen a coach or 2 be unprofessional, but rarely.

I’ve seen girls get teeth knocked out before and it’s typically been an accident. I’ve also heard whiney parents, much like the one ripping Skywalkers. If I had a daughter I would want her playing with this great organization more than most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m posting this as an unbiased adult without a dog in the fight. I’m an official of girls lacrosse (Club, HS, NCAA) of 15 years out of The Annapolis area.

The Skywalkers organization, by far, puts out the best athletes and plays the best game of team lacrosse than anyone. Yes teams beat them at times, but typically with the “suzie go to goal” style offense.

Never have I seen any dirty play on their behalf, just gritty hustle and intensity. Yes Their director can be a bit edgy, but has toned it down considerably. I’ve seen a coach or 2 be unprofessional, but rarely.

I’ve seen girls get teeth knocked out before and it’s typically been an accident. I’ve also heard whiney parents, much like the one ripping Skywalkers. If I had a daughter I would want her playing with this great organization more than most.

Great post molly.

SW has really fallen off recently other than the 2021s. So not sure when the last time you actually ref'd a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great post molly.

SW has really fallen off recently other than the 2021s. So not sure when the last time you actually ref'd a game.
you must be one of the whiny parents referred to

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that you all are way too caught up on wins and losses to judge a program. I think that SW's, M & D and Hero's are probably pretty even in club level. Maybe M & D beats sky walkers and than hero's beats M & D but they are all close games in general. Your talking about some of the best clubs in the northeast and maybe in the country. All these clubs are going to get your daughter to division 1 schools if they work hard. Actually a majority of clubs in MD are sending recruits to division 1 schools.

I personally have 2 daughters in the SW program 2023 and a 2021 and say overall we are pretty happy. We have had our good coaches and bad coaches for sure. Over the last 4 years I have seen players leave and players come. It's not for everybody.

As for comments about Mike. From the outside looking in Mike can look like a crazy guy sometimes. In reality what he says is usually right on, maybe not put the best way though. I personally thinks he really cares for all the girls in the program. I haven't been exposed to too many coaches and directors that personally call the kids to talk to them about their play and about tryouts. As for the hugs that is Mike. There is nothing creepy about it at all. Just reminds me of a grand father type. He is like 60 some years old so come on. Take it for what it is worth. Both my girls have played high level soccer also and we have left soccer programs because of nasty coaching. I don't see Mike like that at all and both my girls like him a lot. I even just asked them and they both comment that they think he is funny. Hey maybe my kids have a crazy sense of humor. When my kid gets yelled at and told "do you want me to go get a chair for you because that is how fast your running": or " my dead mother runs faster" I don't take it personally. Some parents do. I tell my kid you better run faster next time. You think a college coach is going to do that? Probably not, no they are just going to sit on the bench. If your a helicopter parent meaning every time your kid gets yelled at you need to get involved than SW's is not for you.

The other comments about girls getting run to death is all about your prospective. It's lacrosse which has a lot of running in it, right?? So if you can't handle some hill sprints and Maryland runs than division 1 lacrosse might not be what is best for you or your daughter. Wait till they get to college and are doing sprints up those stadium steps. Again Division 1 training is what they are getting. Not every kid wants to play division 1.

As far as teaching girls to play dirty. Personally have never seen it in the teams my daughters have played for. I have seen aggressive play for sure and some bad checks now and than but that is it. I think parents always thinks it is a bad call or dirty when it is against their team. I have seen mostly the opposite from coaches. Calling out girls making bad checks.

I personally am happy that my girls have the opportunity to play lacrosse at a high level and I think most of these programs are pretty good. If for one minute I thought my kids were not getting the good training I would be gone in a second. Both of my girls are good enough to walk on another high level club team. So we are not afraid to leave if we had too but we have no reason to leave SW's. I also would be happy for my kids to play at a M & D or a Hero's team etc... As long as the training is good and the coaching is good that is what matters. Wins and loses mean nothing to getting these girls recruited. College coaches come to these programs to see these kids because of the programs not because of wins and loses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that you all are way too caught up on wins and losses to judge a program. I think that SW's, M & D and Hero's are probably pretty even in club level. Maybe M & D beats sky walkers and than hero's beats M & D but they are all close games in general. Your talking about some of the best clubs in the northeast and maybe in the country. All these clubs are going to get your daughter to division 1 schools if they work hard. Actually a majority of clubs in MD are sending recruits to division 1 schools.

I personally have 2 daughters in the SW program 2023 and a 2021 and say overall we are pretty happy. We have had our good coaches and bad coaches for sure. Over the last 4 years I have seen players leave and players come. It's not for everybody.

As for comments about Mike. From the outside looking in Mike can look like a crazy guy sometimes. In reality what he says is usually right on, maybe not put the best way though. I personally thinks he really cares for all the girls in the program. I haven't been exposed to too many coaches and directors that personally call the kids to talk to them about their play and about tryouts. As for the hugs that is Mike. There is nothing creepy about it at all. Just reminds me of a grand father type. He is like 60 some years old so come on. Take it for what it is worth. Both my girls have played high level soccer also and we have left soccer programs because of nasty coaching. I don't see Mike like that at all and both my girls like him a lot. I even just asked them and they both comment that they think he is funny. Hey maybe my kids have a crazy sense of humor. When my kid gets yelled at and told "do you want me to go get a chair for you because that is how fast your running": or " my dead mother runs faster" I don't take it personally. Some parents do. I tell my kid you better run faster next time. You think a college coach is going to do that? Probably not, no they are just going to sit on the bench. If your a helicopter parent meaning every time your kid gets yelled at you need to get involved than SW's is not for you.

The other comments about girls getting run to death is all about your prospective. It's lacrosse which has a lot of running in it, right?? So if you can't handle some hill sprints and Maryland runs than division 1 lacrosse might not be what is best for you or your daughter. Wait till they get to college and are doing sprints up those stadium steps. Again Division 1 training is what they are getting. Not every kid wants to play division 1.

As far as teaching girls to play dirty. Personally have never seen it in the teams my daughters have played for. I have seen aggressive play for sure and some bad checks now and than but that is it. I think parents always thinks it is a bad call or dirty when it is against their team. I have seen mostly the opposite from coaches. Calling out girls making bad checks.

I personally am happy that my girls have the opportunity to play lacrosse at a high level and I think most of these programs are pretty good. If for one minute I thought my kids were not getting the good training I would be gone in a second. Both of my girls are good enough to walk on another high level club team. So we are not afraid to leave if we had too but we have no reason to leave SW's. I also would be happy for my kids to play at a M & D or a Hero's team etc... As long as the training is good and the coaching is good that is what matters. Wins and loses mean nothing to getting these girls recruited. College coaches come to these programs to see these kids because of the programs not because of wins and loses.

Well said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said.

Agreed, my kids love it at SW.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid loves SW's. I don't think she would ever leave.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard