BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 20 of 47 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are actually going to compare the score of two games to make your argument? The fact that 3d lost by 1 more goal in a rematch with an equally terrible Cavs team proves your point? Those are not facts. Even if it wasn't a small sample size, you have no idea who the kids on Cavs are then compared to now. Or maybe one team played a lot worse.

I know two of the kids who left 3d. Their replacements are light years from being comparable. I can't believe you actually cited "facts". The transition property works in algebra, not sports.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are you serious? 3d 2023 is terrible. The kids they brought in are nowhere close to being as good as those they lost. That program is reduced to 1 HS team and 3 youth teams. Total dumpster fire.

Agree that 3d is terrible. Disagree that the new kids are not as good as those they lost. Scoreboard says different. HOCO spring: Cavs 7, 3d 3. Indian Summer fall tourney: Cavs 8, 3d 3. Same number of goals scored and almost identical goal differential against same opponent. Facts show the talent exchanged between spring and fall was about the same. But if your kid left 3d to join vlc or wherever, I can understand your confusion on the issue.

Thanks for adding humor to my work day. First, no one really cares about these two teams except a few parents. I did not author either of these previous posts but my son left 3d and went to VLC and I will say I do not think either team along with CAV's are "terrible." I will not also care or comment if my son is better than another kids on the team In fact, I think these players on all of these teams will be the top players at the HS level is a few seasons. Some of them may even play in college. I also coach "rec" and although I hate that word I will tell you these teams play at a much higher level than NVYLL and have good coaching. However many of the facts on this board are off. First 3d did not play Bethesda it was NL, Second, VLC did not loose to Mad Lax by 4-5 goals there is no such thing as a score of 4 or 5. It was 4 at was tied until late in the game. It was VLC's first game. Last the 3d v. Cav's HOCO game was also very close tied until late in the game. I did not see the second time they played. If you post at least get the details correct. Until then, enjoy watching the kids grow. None of these teams or kids are "terrible" and they will enjoy facing each other in HS. The players on these teams are actually close in skill including Madlax. I do not think driving hours to MD is worth it in the long run to play college lacrosse. If your son is skilled enough they can make it to the next level. CAV 2018 has a ton of kids playing in College. I hope I covered the most recent posts. Fun reading!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are actually going to compare the score of two games to make your argument? The fact that 3d lost by 1 more goal in a rematch with an equally terrible Cavs team proves your point? Those are not facts. Even if it wasn't a small sample size, you have no idea who the kids on Cavs are then compared to now. Or maybe one team played a lot worse.

I know two of the kids who left 3d. Their replacements are light years from being comparable. I can't believe you actually cited "facts". The transition property works in algebra, not sports.

Cavs would crush VLC. VLC could not even beat Lax Factory or NXT a couple weeks ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious? 3d 2023 is terrible. The kids they brought in are nowhere close to being as good as those they lost. That program is reduced to 1 HS team and 3 youth teams. Total dumpster fire.

Agree that 3d is terrible. Disagree that the new kids are not as good as those they lost. Scoreboard says different. HOCO spring: Cavs 7, 3d 3. Indian Summer fall tourney: Cavs 8, 3d 3. Same number of goals scored and almost identical goal differential against same opponent. Facts show the talent exchanged between spring and fall was about the same. But if your kid left 3d to join vlc or wherever, I can understand your confusion on the issue.

Thanks for adding humor to my work day. First, no one really cares about these two teams except a few parents. I did not author either of these previous posts but my son left 3d and went to VLC and I will say I do not think either team along with CAV's are "terrible." I will not also care or comment if my son is better than another kids on the team In fact, I think these players on all of these teams will be the top players at the HS level is a few seasons. Some of them may even play in college. I also coach "rec" and although I hate that word I will tell you these teams play at a much higher level than NVYLL and have good coaching. However many of the facts on this board are off. First 3d did not play Bethesda it was NL, Second, VLC did not loose to Mad Lax by 4-5 goals there is no such thing as a score of 4 or 5. It was 4 at was tied until late in the game. It was VLC's first game. Last the 3d v. Cav's HOCO game was also very close tied until late in the game. I did not see the second time they played. If you post at least get the details correct. Until then, enjoy watching the kids grow. None of these teams or kids are "terrible" and they will enjoy facing each other in HS. The players on these teams are actually close in skill including Madlax. I do not think driving hours to MD is worth it in the long run to play college lacrosse. If your son is skilled enough they can make it to the next level. CAV 2018 has a ton of kids playing in College. I hope I covered the most recent posts. Fun reading!

Cavs is 95% the same. 100% the same at the starting positions. Grabbing some third line mids and 6th/7th pole did not make a difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cavs is 95% the same. 100% the same at the starting positions. Grabbing some third line mids and 6th/7th pole did not make a difference.

Saw both Cavalier 2023 vs. 3d Mid Atlantic 2023 games. 3d looked the same in both games to me. Except for this guy saying some of the 3d kids changes, I would not have noticed; in fact, I did not.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cavs would crush VLC. VLC could not even beat Lax Factory or NXT a couple weeks ago.

LOL. VLC just got formed and they beat Madlax and lost to Bethesda by 2. Could Cavs stay within 2 of Bethesda? No.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. VLC just got formed and they beat Madlax and lost to Bethesda by 2. Could Cavs stay within 2 of Bethesda? No.

Please stop leaving Evergreen 2023 out of the NOVA conversation. Evergreen is only a couple players away from toppling the guys currently at the top.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't sleep on Lax Factory. They look to be improved from last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can we get a NOVA page all its own!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shut up, drunk Baltimore dad.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please stop leaving Evergreen 2023 out of the NOVA conversation. Evergreen is only a couple players away from toppling the guys currently at the top.

Yea, I was a couple of drinks away from bringing home two girls on time in collage but it never happen!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yea, I was a couple of drinks away from bringing home two girls on time in collage but it never happen!

Evergreen is only about 10 new starters away from being competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know two of the kids who left 3d. Their replacements are light years from being comparable. I can't believe you actually cited "facts". The transition property works in algebra, not sports

Evergreen is only about 10 new starters away from being competitive.

10 new starters and 1 coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lord knows you NOVA morons drive us to drink. Buzzkill threads about crummy programs. I'm asking your wife to pass the schnapps!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is flat brim taking a team to Tampa?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is flat brim taking a team to Tampa?

Hopefully...Nothing like having a club within the club....Seriously that all-star team made up of kids from other clubs must really cause some bad feelings in Crabs... They have a knack for pissing great parents and kids off....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A NOVA page could be named "B" team all stars

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is being generous..More like C + . combine them all into one all star team and you might have a B + team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is being generous..More like C + . combine them all into one all star team and you might have a B + team.

If you combine all the Maryland 2023 All Star's you would have a 2022 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and they would mop the floor with all the NOVA 2021 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are referring to the "Flat Brim 2023 Team" then Sorry - the Tampa tournament is age based and all kids are on age. I actually like Flat Brim and the kids who can play love him. Stop hating!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are referring to the "Flat Brim 2023 Team" then Sorry - the Tampa tournament is age based and all kids are on age. I actually like Flat Brim and the kids who can play love him. Stop hating!

So they found a tournament that allows older kids to play. Good for them.
Tampa:
Age Eligibility

For youth divisions (2022, 2023, 2024, 2025, 2026-2027) the age cutoffs are as follows:

2026-2027 (10U-9U) - Born on or after 1/1/2007
2025 (11U) - Born between 1/1/2006 and 12/31/2006
2024 (12U) - Born between 1/1/2005 and 12/31/2005
2023 (13U) - Born between 1/1/2004 and 12/31/2004
2022 (14U) - Born between 1/1/2003 and 12/31/2003
2021 (15U) - Born between 1/1/2002 and 12/31/2002

This tournament may be age based but it does not line up to schools calenders. Every other age based tournament would not allow a January 2004 to be a 2023 player.

Here are the US Lacrosse Guidelines:

Born 9/1/2007 through 8/31/2008 10U 4th N/A
Born 9/1/2006 through 8/31/2007 11U 5th N/A
Born 9/1/2005 through 8/31/2006 12U 6th N/A
Born 9/1/2004 through 8/31/2005 13U 7th N/A
Born 9/1/2003 through 8/31/2004 14U 8th N/A

The rest is the wild west with no grade rules. I actually do not have an issue with players playing others a few months even a year or two older. I just have an issue with teams having different sets of rules or cutoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Age based yes, but that cutoff is 1/1. There are very few kids born prior to 1/1. Only know of one kid and he does happen to be on Crabs 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you care where this team plays and how old the kids are? Your kid isn’t playing for or against them! You seem like you’ve done a lot of research about a tournament that you won’t be attending.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why everyone hates Baltimore dads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you read these posts, then everyone hates all dads and moms of all lacrosse kids. Trolls everywhere. On another note - I saw the Tampa Tourney up on Tourneymachine. Where are the 2023 teams? Only Duke's wanted to go down there? They will walk away with the championship. Easy work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you read these posts, then everyone hates all dads and moms of all lacrosse kids. Trolls everywhere. On another note - I saw the Tampa Tourney up on Tourneymachine. Where are the 2023 teams? Only Duke's wanted to go down there? They will walk away with the championship. Easy work.

The Atlantic Coast Stars is Flat Brim's Team and is loaded with Kids from around the areas; Crabs, Hawks, Next Level etc. I think that will be the team to beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Atlantic Coast Stars is Flat Brim's Team and is loaded with Kids from around the areas; Crabs, Hawks, Next Level etc. I think that will be the team to beat.

So Flat Brim coached the 2023 Mid Atlantic team for warrior all-american games. I assume most of the same kids now on his new all star team. My kid keeps asking about trying out for the warrior games team. But I'm guessing if FB is coaching the warrior team then any tryout is pointless. Anyone know if he is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bunch of solid players... no studs like Duke's... plus Flat Brim will get out coached.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bunch of solid players... no studs like Duke's... plus Flat Brim will get out coached.

Team will be made up of Friends of FB, not necessarily best players at that position.
Many good players know enough to stay away from that situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Warrior tryouts was a Crabs recruiting event were they took kids who weren't even at tryouts. Unless you get invited by FB or the King Crab save your money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You dads are so brave on the Internet. If you had any balls, you would talk to the guy who call flat brim, and say the things you say here to his face. Much tougher to hide behind a keyboard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flat Brim is very popular. I bet he sits at the cool kids table with King Crab while the rest just look on with envy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Flat Brim coach for the Crabs? I’m a poster from the Northeast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Flat Brim is who I think he is, he was at Bel Air Lacrosse for a long time. Really nice guy. His kid was younger than mine but helped our travel team before we went to club. Flat brims to look very inner city and gangster but if it this guy, Sean I think his name was, He was very nice and really good with the kids. In addition, knows Lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flat brim.
[Linked Image]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should really learn photoshop so you could use this picture without the faces of the kids you just posted on this POS site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really should just stop talking about this coach! Start talking about lacrosse. No one cares that your feelings are hurt. You just posted a picture of people’s kids on an anonymous forum. Whatever your problem is, you need to move on!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flat brim is a clown. That said, there are many clubs in the area. For 3 years now, he has tried to get my son to play for Crabs, and tryout for his various all star teams. A simple "No" from us seems to work. Others should try this approach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flat brim is a clown. That said, there are many clubs in the area. For 3 years now, he has tried to get my son to play for Crabs, and tryout for his various all star teams. A simple "No" from us seems to work. Others should try this approach

Why is he called flat brim?

Page 20 of 47 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard