BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 99 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 98 99
Re: Westchester Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seen them all this Fall. Safe bet all Colorado bound 2023 teams are from LI. Just my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh ... and which LI teams are the safe bet? I’m sure there’ll be 3 or so LI teams definitely, but please list the 6 teams (or even 4) you think are the ones so likely ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Oh ... and which LI teams are the safe bet? I’m sure there’ll be 3 or so LI teams definitely, but please list the 6 teams (or even 4) you think are the ones so likely ...

Bandits
Igloo
Express

These teams are in a different level than all westchester.

Warriors (91 B)
Nordic edge (igloo b)
Express B

These teams are on par with all westchester top teams. Primetime prob beats them all but close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits
Igloo
Express
These teams are in a different level than all westchester.
Warriors (91 B)
Nordic edge (igloo b)
Express B
These teams are on par with all westchester top teams. Primetime prob beats them all but close.

SPOT-ON!

Bandits, Igloo, Express 3 guaranteed. Then all of their B teams mostly better than any other teams cuz of depth, familiarity, and program coaching. So that is 6 right there. Then perhaps S2S or TrueBlue if they enter. And who knows what a team like Legacy can do but their program knows what it takes to go to Denver.

PT likely squeaks in as a 5 or 6. Eclipse and Express North can likely hang in some games but won't make it. Preds, 2Way getting an experience but nothing more as they get tuned up by decent LI squads. Heck, Outlaws destroyed Preds last week and they are a LI B team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seen them all this Fall. Safe bet all Colorado bound 2023 teams are from LI. Just my opinion.

Agreed

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unlikely those 2nd teams from the LI programs make it, so try not to build up the expectations too high

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played in a couple of fall tournaments with Rhino and the this fall and his team lost to 2-Way and Preds to 3-4 goals. Does that make them C squad or still B?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played in a couple of fall tournaments with Rhino and the this fall and his team lost to 2-Way and Preds to 3-4 goals. Does that make them C squad or still B?

Probably high D low C. Somewhere in the realm of who cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably high D low C. Somewhere in the realm of who cares.

Which Rhino team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! So are 2-Way and Preds low B or C squads?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do people think about 24 express north shrieber

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 noth Shrieber?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strong team. Just behind Eclipse for area 24 teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about Primetime 2024?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i would think they are much improved given some kids coming over from Superstar and Roy C coaching the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious to know what people think of Colsey. Is he as good of a coach as he was a player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious to know what people think of Colsey. Is he as good of a coach as he was a player

I'm sure he's a great coach. Ridgefield High School has done very well with him as the head coach. I'm not sure he the most popular coach - I understand he is considered "polarizing".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a jerk. Doesn't care about anyone but himself. He is very knowledgeable in the game of lacrosse and does always have good teams, but most people hate him and I don't use that term lightly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two things regarding PT 2024:
They should be good.
Colsey-I have mixed feelings about him. I don't love him as a coach but he's obviously very good. However, my son LOVES him as a coach even though he yells a ton and can be tough sometimes. He's a very hard worker but relatively new to lacrosse. Colsey loves hard workers and kids who don't pout or drop their heads and will give them extra opportunities. As for parents, hes very blunt with no sugar coating and that definitely rubs people the wrong way. That's why so many think he's a jerk.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how the Express North practices at Danbury were? I did not sign my son up yet (just found about it a few days ago) but was thinking about it if it is well run and the kids are getting something out of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would expect the quality of the practices to be high given the coaches who will be running the show.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practice was well run and high intensity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would expect the quality of the practices to be high given the coaches who will be running the show.

What coaches are running the show?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it's anything like their fall seasons there will be 27 kids and one coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it's anything like their fall seasons there will be 27 kids and one coach.

That sounds about right!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Colsey is a blue collar guy coaching white collar kids. Sometimes those worlds don’t fit nicely together

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Colsey is a blue collar guy coaching white collar kids. Sometimes those worlds don’t fit nicely together

Blue collar, white collar. Give me a break , I know what you mean and it’s partially true, but has nothing to do with being a decent human being, the guy has almost no social skills. He yells at kids , but does nothing to teach them. He plays daddy ball like no one else I have ever seen. Which explains why he went to PrimeTime. He has zero tolerance for anyone and clearly could care less about anything lacrosse related other than box. Blue collar is no excuse , plenty of people get their hands dirty every day and come home and act like gentlemen. Guy is bi polar. He may have been a great player in his day, but great players sometimes don’t make great coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express workout was 20 kids and 2 coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow - sounds like your kid got cut from Superstar! How do you explain all the success he has had at Ridgefield if he was a great player but not a good coach and doesn't teach anything?? You are another pathetic ball less individual that has to go on message boards and post anonymous ripping someone. What a loser

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue collar, white collar. Give me a break , I know what you mean and it’s partially true, but has nothing to do with being a decent human being, the guy has almost no social skills. He yells at kids , but does nothing to teach them. He plays daddy ball like no one else I have ever seen. Which explains why he went to PrimeTime. He has zero tolerance for anyone and clearly could care less about anything lacrosse related other than box. Blue collar is no excuse , plenty of people get their hands dirty every day and come home and act like gentlemen. Guy is bi polar. He may have been a great player in his day, but great players sometimes don’t make great coaches.

Your comments are out of line. Coach Colsey is the real deal. I could write a long case on why but that wouldn’t do it justice and considering your view wouldn’t register, anyway.

Diagnosing the man as bipolar and calling him names is juvenile. Take a fresh view of the experience and learn from it. Hopefully, your son has already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Colsey is a Hall of Famer. Reached his potential as a player and wants the same out of kids he coaches. He coached my kids and I never cared if he talked to me or if he was stern w/my kids. I am a blue collar guy so maybe that’s why it’s ok w/me. I’m not a fan of the way the sport has changed to favor the white collar crowd (price of travel clubs and reclassified kids) so to see a blue collar type of guy coaching is fine w/me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Colsey is a Hall of Famer. Reached his potential as a player and wants the same out of kids he coaches. He coached my kids and I never cared if he talked to me or if he was stern w/my kids. I am a blue collar guy so maybe that’s why it’s ok w/me. I’m not a fan of the way the sport has changed to favor the white collar crowd (price of travel clubs and reclassified kids) so to see a blue collar type of guy coaching is fine w/me.

White collar. Blue collar. Do your research off these boards. You will find the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said, brother.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen to that !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen to that !

Again. Ask people who have had experience with him in the past. Talk to a few people. This should give you an idea of what to expect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen to that !

Again. Ask people who have had experience with him in the past. Talk to a few people. This should give you an idea of what to expect.

Awesome coach, but weird guy to talk to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son played 2 years for Colsey at RHS and 4 years at Superstar. Its really very simple, Colsey wants things done his way because he's had success doing things that way. I'm the same way with my business. But, what people really hated was the fact that they felt obligated to play summer lacrosse for Superstars, speaking as a Ridgefield resident. I know the people of Yorktown feel the same way about the Baller summer lacrosse program run by their head coach. No one should use tacit coercion to make money from kids. I know many of us in Ridgefield resented Colsey for putting us in that position. Bottomline, I think he's a great coach and mentor once you get past the bluster.

Like Reply Quote
Page 47 of 99 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 98 99
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard