BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
Re: Girls 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Jimmy the great you ant. They do well on the top team against the MD clubs. They beat top guns black bad the only time they played last year. No one on Long Island will beat the A or B team. The will have a hard time with yj c team.

This year's TG black team is not beating YJA. They lost all of their talent in the past 2 years and picked up a lot of B players. They would beat JYB but not A. And they would def beat YJC lol!

Legacy picked up the best TG players from last year and YJ got one of their attack players and the stud goalie the year before.

I agree. Legacy may be top team on LI this year. Will give MD teams big time trouble. Mids and attack are on the weaker side but team is solid. Will beat YJ this year.

Both of these are most likely from the guy who stalks the WI girls here on this forum (especially the latter comment). He stalked them on the TG discussion, now stalks them here, now the are playing for Legacy. (They left TG and found a new place to play, let them be, they are no longer around you.) How could a team be a top team and have a realistic chance of competing with Md teams if the Mids and Attack are on the weaker side. They wouldn't be able to, but as an agitator he/she must come on here and try to stir up problems for them and who-ever they associate with. Please crawl back into your hole of misery and ineptitude.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Jimmy the great you ant. They do well on the top team against the MD clubs. They beat top guns black bad the only time they played last year. No one on Long Island will beat the A or B team. The will have a hard time with yj c team.

Are you referring to the Nationals when YJ Blue beat TG Black 8-6? Oh yeah that was old fashioned beat down.

Top Gun Black was very competitive at Nationals they did have (6) players from their 2020 team while YJ had (1) who were age eligible joining them. Not exactly representative of either teams normal 2021 squads.

This year's TG black team is not beating YJA. They lost all of their talent in the past 2 years and picked up a lot of B players. They would beat JYB but not A. And they would def beat YJC lol!

Legacy picked up the best TG players from last year and YJ got one of their attack players and the stud goalie the year before.

Easy now Daddy. .

Don't underestimate Legacy they are a solid group.

I agree. Legacy may be top team on LI this year. Will give MD teams big time trouble. Mids and attack are on the weaker side but team is solid. Will beat YJ this year.

Having played Legacy and YJ this fall the Legacy parents are being delusional here. The teams aren't close. Not to say that it's impossible that Legacy could beat YJ in a game as things like that happen. But the teams are not close. Legacy cannot compete with the top MD teams. YJ on the other hand may not have beaten them in a while, but they are always very competitive in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone is stirring the pot that is not a Legacy parent. We did get better with the new additions and will continue to improve individually and collectively.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Jimmy the great you ant. They do well on the top team against the MD clubs. They beat top guns black bad the only time they played last year. No one on Long Island will beat the A or B team. The will have a hard time with yj c team.

Are you referring to the Nationals when YJ Blue beat TG Black 8-6? Oh yeah that was old fashioned beat down.

Top Gun Black was very competitive at Nationals they did have (6) players from their 2020 team while YJ had (1) who were age eligible joining them. Not exactly representative of either teams normal 2021 squads.

Easy now Daddy. .

Don't underestimate Legacy they are a solid group.

Having played Legacy and YJ this fall the Legacy parents are being delusional here. The teams aren't close. Not to say that it's impossible that Legacy could beat YJ in a game as things like that happen. But the teams are not close. Legacy cannot compete with the top MD teams. YJ on the other hand may not have beaten them in a while, but they are always very competitive in MD.

All of the top teams at this age are very even. YJ has not figured out the draw and that has been the difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Jimmy the great you ant. They do well on the top team against the MD clubs. They beat top guns black bad the only time they played last year. No one on Long Island will beat the A or B team. The will have a hard time with yj c team.

YJ "D" would beat them now.. Most of their middies are from TG. LOL B,C, and D are all pretty equal.

YJ "C" would beat "B" (B only has an advantage in goal, both B goalies are very good), YJ "D" is a notch below but has some talent

We know already YJC is secretly the best YJ team! They win lots of tournaments playing other C teams that are secretly A teams! Seriosy why else would anyone pay to play on a C team? You really should stop telling everyone or they will all be lining up to be on the C team and your kid may lose her spot to a family or friend of CR.

Enjoy another long summer on B dad, it has got to frustrate you. Travel all that way for another summer of beatdowns, ugh. But at least your daughter will be in a bunch of Bert's selfies on Twitter, lol

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently YJ is getting an attack from Legacy. Now we are roster of 25. Where is playing time coming from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently YJ is getting an attack from Legacy. Now we are roster of 25. Where is playing time coming from?

So 24 was OK, but you're worried about 25?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So 24 was OK, but you're worried about 25?

CR wants more chrome on her next truck and bigger tires - she's going to try and get 27 players for that team. Quantity over quality seems to be the new motto.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not getting. Got. It really speaks to the level the YJ has fallen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fallen. That’s funny. Name one LI club outside 2023 that can beat YJs

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fallen. That’s funny. Name one LI club outside 2023 that can beat YJs

Interesting. When did YJ become satisfied with being the best team on LI? I guess when they stopped being able to beat any top MD teams. Yes YJ has fallen. No grade prior to 2021 went 3 years without beating M&D or Skywalkers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
False. 18, 19 and 20s beat plenty of MD teams( M&D, Skywalkers, MD United Hero's). Please get you facts straight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for the record YJ 2023 beat Skywalker's, Hero's Green and MD United at the Lax for the Cure Tournament . I think the Long Island players are better. I would just like to play those Maryland teams in a birth year only tournament and see what's up. This holding back and having kids on the field that are 12 to 16 months older is ridiculous. At this age for girls and makes a massive difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought she was going to SB so why jump teams now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
False. 18, 19 and 20s beat plenty of MD teams( M&D, Skywalkers, MD United Hero's). Please get you facts straight

Read much? I said that no grade prior to 2021 went 3 years WITHOUT beating the top MD teams. Point was that YJ are slipping as the 2021 team has not been able to have the same success as the teams you listed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for the record YJ 2023 beat Skywalker's, Hero's Green and MD United at the Lax for the Cure Tournament . I think the Long Island players are better. I would just like to play those Maryland teams in a birth year only tournament and see what's up. This holding back and having kids on the field that are 12 to 16 months older is ridiculous. At this age for girls and makes a massive difference.

Knock it off. Girls don't holdback like boys do. The girls schools don't allow it. I know the LI club directors feed you that excuse on why you can't beat the MD teams consistently, but it's just not true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL I think that's what they were saying, ie they were bashing 2021 saying they have not beaten the better MD teams .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL I think that's what they were saying, ie they were bashing 2021 saying they have not beaten the better MD teams .

It seems to be a two horse race in MD between Skywalkers and MnD. Everyone else seems to be trying to catch up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It seems to be a two horse race in MD between Skywalkers and MnD. Everyone else seems to be trying to catch up.

That's not just the race in MD. They are clearly the top two teams in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a strong team to begin with, so where does Legacy stand now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did one of the new kids defect or already?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not just the race in MD. They are clearly the top two teams in the country.

Clearly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did one of the new kids defect or already?

No different kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought she was going to SB so why jump teams now?

There were no commits from legacy on 2021, maybe one in 2020

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not getting. Got. It really speaks to the level the YJ has fallen.

Which team? Will stink for whoever becomes the ninth attacker. Might be time to look at some other options, not a good age to ride the bench. Sounds like legacy might have an opening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Knock it off. Girls don't holdback like boys do. The girls schools don't allow it. I know the LI club directors feed you that excuse on why you can't beat the MD teams consistently, but it's just not true.

Then explain why two years ago when UA posted players DOB more than half the Baltimore metro and 3/4 of the DC team would be considered hold back ages. Long Island had a few 2-3 but also had a few that would have been considered normal for the age below if they lived in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then explain why two years ago when UA posted players DOB more than half the Baltimore metro and 3/4 of the DC team would be considered hold back ages. Long Island had a few 2-3 but also had a few that would have been considered normal for the age below if they lived in MD.

This is actually true news. Is that what they call it now? Anyway, yes Under Armour prints up the All American book every year with info on every player selected, and yes they included the age group and the region and the date of birth. It caused a big stir. Notice last year they deliberately left the date of birth out! I really could care less if the kids are several months older on average. Don't need to make up an excuse as to why the md kids are so competitive. Bottom line is they are good lacrosse players, just like many of the girls from LI, NJ, CT, VA, NC, MA....... let's get passed the age thing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they played by birth years and there are no holdbacks, then why aren't these teams at the Nationals. The folks at the NATIONALS cited that age discrepancy was the reason the big MD teams where not there. I really could give a [ChillLaxin], but 12 months is a huge thing when we are discussing 11/12 year olds. Especially girls. I still think the Maryland girls are very good lax players. Very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they played by birth years and there are no holdbacks, then why aren't these teams at the Nationals. The folks at the NATIONALS cited that age discrepancy was the reason the big MD teams where not there. I really could give a [ChillLaxin], but 12 months is a huge thing when we are discussing 11/12 year olds. Especially girls. I still think the Maryland girls are very good lax players. Very good.

The age rule has nothing to do with why the MD teams don't go to the nationals. M&D plays in 5 summer tournaments already. There is no reason to play in more. I can tell you at 2021 there is not a single girl on M&D or Skywalkers that have repeated a grade or went to prefirst or anything like that. There is no competition at the "Nationals" and it's not worth making everyone travel to wherever they have them each year to play crappy teams from other parts of the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This topic is so done. Here is the deal, MD as a state has a different cut off date for entering a school year. It is a few months earlier than other regions. So while a girl may never have skipped a year or have been held back, there are a percentage of girls who would had to of been held back in other regions in order to be in the age group. They are not to be considered holdbacks, but they are older, and they would miss the cut offs for nationals. Who cares, move on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This topic is so done. Here is the deal, MD as a state has a different cut off date for entering a school year. It is a few months earlier than other regions. So while a girl may never have skipped a year or have been held back, there are a percentage of girls who would had to of been held back in other regions in order to be in the age group. They are not to be considered holdbacks, but they are older, and they would miss the cut offs for nationals. Who cares, move on.

That's fair, but stop with they play 5 tournaments, no competition and too far to travel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reason people don't move on is because your explanation is [ChillLaxin]. It does not explain the large numbers of players at UA who were not on age no matter what state they were from. The truth is there are many who have held their kids back for competitive advantage and it is a major advantage. The other truth is there are parents who are mad that they did not do the same or are mad because they view it as cheating. Take five or so players from any LI UA team play them down in age and those games will not even be close.
The we do five tournaments thing is a joke as the MD clubs attended the event years ago when it was in Florida its just they would rarely win it so they gave up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's fair, but stop with they play 5 tournaments, no competition and too far to travel.

The age cutoff for nationals is the same as MD school cutoff. The ages of the girls is not why we don’t go. It is the travel, cost, lack of competition, and the fact that the girls can use a break

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is actually true news. Is that what they call it now? Anyway, yes Under Armour prints up the All American book every year with info on every player selected, and yes they included the age group and the region and the date of birth. It caused a big stir. Notice last year they deliberately left the date of birth out! I really could care less if the kids are several months older on average. Don't need to make up an excuse as to why the md kids are so competitive. Bottom line is they are good lacrosse players, just like many of the girls from LI, NJ, CT, VA, NC, MA....... let's get passed the age thing.

Don't ever list NC ahead of MA in women's lacrosse. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The age cutoff for nationals is the same as MD school cutoff. The ages of the girls is not why we don’t go. It is the travel, cost, lack of competition, and the fact that the girls can use a break

How much to attend Mcdonough a year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a matter of safety. If they are supposed to be a certain birth year, then they should be . Maybe if these teams showed to an event such as Nationals, perhaps it would kill this argument . I know one parent (cousin) and her daughter is 13 months older than my daughter. That's why people care. It size , bone density and speed that makes all the difference in the world . If you think it doesn't , thats because you are probably violating it. But don't tell me they don't hold girls back because it happens .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a matter of safety. If they are supposed to be a certain birth year, then they should be . Maybe if these teams showed to an event such as Nationals, perhaps it would kill this argument . I know one parent (cousin) and her daughter is 13 months older than my daughter. That's why people care. It size , bone density and speed that makes all the difference in the world . If you think it doesn't , thats because you are probably violating it. But don't tell me they don't hold girls back because it happens .

Safety is not a valid argument, at least at this age. The top girls (like the ones typically found on these level of teams) have are about to play with girls that are 3-4 years older than them during the HS season. Most of the same parents who complain about the holdbacks are the same parents that complain when their daughter doesn't get pulled up to Varsity in 8th grade. Can't have it both ways

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The age rule has nothing to do with why the MD teams don't go to the nationals. M&D plays in 5 summer tournaments already. There is no reason to play in more. I can tell you at 2021 there is not a single girl on M&D or Skywalkers that have repeated a grade or went to prefirst or anything like that. There is no competition at the "Nationals" and it's not worth making everyone travel to wherever they have them each year to play crappy teams from other parts of the country.

You are also forgetting that everyone from other parts of the country have helped to condition the MD teams so that they are not motivated to go down to Nationals. I really cannot blame the MD teams for not wanting to go down to Richmond, or NC or any of those other destinations to play. Yeah - there is a chance to play some great games - but, there are also crappy games. And who will they end up playing down there - YJ or TG or Steps? That's funny, they're passing. Why do they need to go down there and leave MD? Everyone else goes to MD for at least 4, 5 or maybe 6 tournaments. They don't need to go anywhere to find the good games. Unlike YJ - who has to go to MD to play MnD, heros, skywalkers, TLC and Capital - those guys don't need to go far and can have some really competitive games. I don't think it's 100% because of the age cut off. Why do they need to leave home and pay for hotels and etc - when LI and everyone else will come to them. Did you ever notice at Nationals there are some MD teams that do show up that you've never heard of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are also forgetting that everyone from other parts of the country have helped to condition the MD teams so that they are not motivated to go down to Nationals. I really cannot blame the MD teams for not wanting to go down to Richmond, or NC or any of those other destinations to play. Yeah - there is a chance to play some great games - but, there are also crappy games. And who will they end up playing down there - YJ or TG or Steps? That's funny, they're passing. Why do they need to go down there and leave MD? Everyone else goes to MD for at least 4, 5 or maybe 6 tournaments. They don't need to go anywhere to find the good games. Unlike YJ - who has to go to MD to play MnD, heros, skywalkers, TLC and Capital - those guys don't need to go far and can have some really competitive games. I don't think it's 100% because of the age cut off. Why do they need to leave home and pay for hotels and etc - when LI and everyone else will come to them. Did you ever notice at Nationals there are some MD teams that do show up that you've never heard of.

Actually, M&D and SW are playing out of town all summer with the exception of 1. Summer Genesis in Hershey, Champions Cup in Richmond, Lax for the Cure in NJ and G8 in NJ. None of those girls have repeated a grade, it's just not worth going to nationals to play another out of town tournament that late in the summer. They can play all the top teams in all 5 of the tournaments they already play in. Why go out of state to play teams from Michigan and Indiana and other places that can't compete with them. Yes, they may play YJ in the playoffs, but they will have already played them a few times already. What's the point other than to post it on your website that you are National Champions. That's funny when YJ hasn't beaten SW or M&D for years, but sure, they are the National Champions.

In terms of the safety argument....Don't LI girls start playing Varsity lacrosse in 8th and sometimes 7th grade? Our girls can't do that. So you are telling me you aren't worried about their safety playing against girls 4 or 5 years older but you are worried about playing girls that may be 3 or 4 months olders? Makes no sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The legacy team picked up the best TG players last year from the black team. Really my daughter is on the TG black and I know a few girls left but they were not the best players. Daddy keep drinking the Kool Aid and get a grip your kid is pretty good but not the best. LMAO You keep screeming from the sidelin

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard