BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 19 of 47 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks were beaten at battle on the bay by Texas Mustang. Might not have everyone but it still looks like a great lineup.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo won last year, I guess MM doesn't want them back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just read the rules don't see anything about age. Why is TRue allowed to play aren't they a national team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just read the rules don't see anything about age. Why is TRue allowed to play aren't they a national team?

They have True Illinois, True Michigan etc that roll-up to True National. Would assume it's True Illinois since they beat Hawks, BL, BLC pretty convincingly at Summer Exposure last summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any excitement at the Dukes National tryout at Loyola tonight?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They didn't really play lacrosse tonight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dukes Nationals MiniCamp is a disgrace. Unprofessional, Unsafe, NO evaluation at all. 4 inches of snow. Can't see white balls, feet and hands frost bitten and right next door to an indoor facility. G just too cheap to pay or just too stupid and totally unprepared

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dukes Nationals MiniCamp is a disgrace. Unprofessional, Unsafe, NO evaluation at all. 4 inches of snow. Can't see white balls, feet and hands frost bitten and right next door to an indoor facility. G just too cheap to pay or just too stupid and totally unprepared

Why would you even consider taking your kid to a lacrosse practice, tryout , combine or whatever they call it in last nights weather? Of course they were miserable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Duke’s National notify new players that tried out last night?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check your email ...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavalier 2023 ranked #16 in the nation.

www.instagram.com/p/Bch2nLggxG6

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And number one in your hearts!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do any of the Cavs 2023 play for Duke’s National?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And number one in your hearts!

I don't see your club listed. Stop hating on kids. You guys are the ones ruining lacrosse. Why hate on other teams' successes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavalier 2023 ranked #16 in the nation.

www.instagram.com/p/Bch2nLggxG6

But can't stay within 10 goals of Next Level 2023 or Bethesda LC 2023 just two months ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was a scrimmage. This team has won several tournaments in a row. Don't be that guy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was a scrimmage. This team has won several tournaments in a row. Don't be that guy.

Have they beaten any team that plays in the top division of HoCo? Ever?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was a scrimmage. This team has won several tournaments in a row. Don't be that guy.

No, they schedule cupcakes and play weak tournaments. If they're as good as you say, the coaches would have the balls to put them into real tournaments like Young Guns or NXT instead of the Leesburg/Manassas/VA Beach rec level tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, they schedule cupcakes and play weak tournaments. If they're as good as you say, the coaches would have the balls to put them into real tournaments like Young Guns or NXT instead of the Leesburg/Manassas/VA Beach rec level tournaments.

I do not like how blunt this guy is saying this but he is correct. Cavs are a nice little fun club team to play for. But if your son is on this Cavs 2023 team and he is the best or one of the best players on the team please start shopping for a new club. Just interview any of the 2018 to 2020 kids on VLC,Madlax, or BW and they will tell you how many of them or there teammates played for the Cavs when they were kids. I know you like the parents and you are having fun but do not wait to long and hurt your sons future in lacrosse. The parents and kids are just as fun with the better club I promise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not like how blunt this guy is saying this but he is correct. Cavs are a nice little fun club team to play for. But if your son is on this Cavs 2023 team and he is the best or one of the best players on the team please start shopping for a new club. Just interview any of the 2018 to 2020 kids on VLC,Madlax, or BW and they will tell you how many of them or there teammates played for the Cavs when they were kids. I know you like the parents and you are having fun but do not wait to long and hurt your sons future in lacrosse. The parents and kids are just as fun with the better club I promise.

Wow Madlax is really desperate to recruit more kids so they can have a 2023 DMV team. Do not take the bait. Very few Cav kids went to VLC almost none went to BW and Madlax. Total fake news. Cav's are still the only 2023 team with a ranking and winning tournaments. Can Madlax or VLC claim this at 2023?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow Madlax is really desperate to recruit more kids so they can have a 2023 DMV team. Do not take the bait. Very few Cav kids went to VLC almost none went to BW and Madlax. Total fake news. Cav's are still the only 2023 team with a ranking and winning tournaments. Can Madlax or VLC claim this at 2023?

Agree that the Madlax dad is obsessed with finding enough kids for their DMV team, which is a total disaster. But get real: both Madlax and VLC 2023 teams would easily beat Cavalier. That team sucks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree that the Madlax dad is obsessed with finding enough kids for their DMV team, which is a total disaster. But get real: both Madlax and VLC 2023 teams would easily beat Cavalier. That team sucks.

I have no care if Madlax has a DMV team I agree as a Madlax dad that they need to let the second teams just die. Teams like the Cavs and Evergreen are taking all the second team level kids away from Madlax. But I do feel the need to let the parents of younger kids know that Cavs and the lower level teams are not a good way to go if your son is a AAA level player. If they do not like Madlax or VlC go over the bridge and play for Next Level or BLC but please do not pay the same amount of money to have your 8th grade sons play in crap tournaments and waste there times playing for these B level teams if your son is a top player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have no care if Madlax has a DMV team I agree as a Madlax dad that they need to let the second teams just die.

That will never happen because Madlax is all about money. And you are giving your money to a guy who threatens people over and over again. That is more amazing than Cavalier parents paying for terrible tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And just to be clear my son is out of high school in 6 months. I do not care about the future of any club one way or the other. But I do care about the overall level of play and giving back to younger parents because older parents helped me and my son get through this club team / college recurring process. Do not let friends hold you back from leaving a club play the level your son should be playing. Do your research about club teams because you will need to roll that process into researching all the college teams your son wants to or could play for. I am writing on the 7th grade forum because I feel as an old Dad that this is the prefect grade to upgrade clubs and do what you need to do to play as high as your son can play. The funny thing is I have talked to all the club owners of these B teams over the years. And guess what they know there top AAA players should be playing for the VLC, Madlax type teams not playing with them at the B level. But they like winning just like everyone does and if the parent is not smart enough to take there AAA players away to a real team they keep on riding him to B level trophy's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delusional people...what's wrong with winning a tournament. What ever level. Cav's are a GOOD age based team. Maybe they should get some cheating HOLDBACKS TO COMPETE AT GRADE BASE.
But keep your hopes up for that 25 percent scholarship. You'll pay more in club fees to madlax ridiculous quarterly fee

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And just to be clear my son is out of high school in 6 months. I do not care about the future of any club one way or the other. But I do care about the overall level of play and giving back to younger parents because older parents helped me and my son get through this club team / college recurring process. Do not let friends hold you back from leaving a club play the level your son should be playing. Do your research about club teams because you will need to roll that process into researching all the college teams your son wants to or could play for. I am writing on the 7th grade forum because I feel as an old Dad that this is the prefect grade to upgrade clubs and do what you need to do to play as high as your son can play. The funny thing is I have talked to all the club owners of these B teams over the years. And guess what they know there top AAA players should be playing for the VLC, Madlax type teams not playing with them at the B level. But they like winning just like everyone does and if the parent is not smart enough to take there AAA players away to a real team they keep on riding him to B level trophy's.

You are assuming those kids could play for VLC or Madlax. Maybe 1-2 of them could at best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Delusional people...what's wrong with winning a tournament. What ever level. Cav's are a GOOD age based team. Maybe they should get some cheating HOLDBACKS TO COMPETE AT GRADE BASE.
But keep your hopes up for that 25 percent scholarship. You'll pay more in club fees to madlax ridiculous quarterly fee

You're assuming both Madlax and VLC have holdbacks. I'd be willing to bet they don't. Hope you enjoyed that scintillating Colonial Challenge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a strong player on one of the higher level clubs. Things are fine with current club, but I've heard good reports about Top Caliber and it's located close to our house. Very much understand that TC may not be at the same level as NL, VLC, CB, MDLX, etc, but TC seems really active and from an outsider's view appears to be getting better from a competitive perspective. Anyone have first-hand experience? Good and bad? No need for bashing - just looking for information and wonder what I may be unaware of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They should be renamed the "Cupcakes".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a strong player on one of the higher level clubs. Things are fine with current club, but I've heard good reports about Top Caliber and it's located close to our house. Very much understand that TC may not be at the same level as NL, VLC, CB, MDLX, etc, but TC seems really active and from an outsider's view appears to be getting better from a competitive perspective. Anyone have first-hand experience? Good and bad? No need for bashing - just looking for information and wonder what I may be unaware of.

Matt Curran who coaches Robinson HS has been around HS lax in N.Va as long as anyone and has a great reputation. He has coached a ton of talent of the years. If your son is going to Robinson HS TC is THE program. It is also a good program for other kids as well who want to learn and play with other players who will be top players in Fairfax teams like Woodson, LB, WS, Fairfax ect..... The rest of the coaches also challenge the kids as well. The price is more reasonable and they do not play daddy ball. Despite what MADLAX dad says, playing with your friends is important great players will get noticed for being great players not for the name on the pinnie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TC has gotten better, but all of their teams are light years behind Madlax and VLC. They cannot enter the top tournaments let zlo me be competitive with those who play in them.

They are comparable to Cavs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Matt Curran who coaches Robinson HS has been around HS lax in N.Va as long as anyone and has a great reputation. He has coached a ton of talent of the years. If your son is going to Robinson HS TC is THE program. It is also a good program for other kids as well who want to learn and play with other players who will be top players in Fairfax teams like Woodson, LB, WS, Fairfax ect..... The rest of the coaches also challenge the kids as well. The price is more reasonable and they do not play daddy ball. Despite what MADLAX dad says, playing with your friends is important great players will get noticed for being great players not for the name on the pinnie.

From what I have seen, they have good coaches. Kids enjoy the team. You son will learn a lot. Many of the top kids do move on to a better team. The location is appealing to a lot of people who live near the practices. It is Robinson focused but I didn't feel if affected playing time or anything else if not feeding into Robinson. Not a AA team but a good A level team. If that fits your needs I recommend it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From what I have seen, they have good coaches. Kids enjoy the team. You son will learn a lot. Many of the top kids do move on to a better team. The location is appealing to a lot of people who live near the practices. It is Robinson focused but I didn't feel if affected playing time or anything else if not feeding into Robinson. Not a AA team but a good A level team. If that fits your needs I recommend it.

3d also has a decent team at 2023. They lost some kids this summer at other age groups but the additions to the 2023 team are an improvement over the players they lost. They won the A bracket of the Madlax tournament and have been doing well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is some terrible advice. Robinson has one of the few consistently strong Fairfax public school programs because of the size of the school and the talent pool. But TC is a very marginal program. They play in lesser tournaments. The few players who play for them who get recruited do so because of what they do at recruiting events. They are not "THE program" if you go to Robinson. The best Robinson players play for Madlax, VLC and Blackwolf.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3d also has a decent team at 2023. They lost some kids this summer at other age groups but the additions to the 2023 team are an improvement over the players they lost. They won the A bracket of the Madlax tournament and have been doing well.

3d can't even beat Cavs. But I guess you did say "decent" and worse than Cavs is around decent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious? 3d 2023 is terrible. The kids they brought in are nowhere close to being as good as those they lost. That program is reduced to 1 HS team and 3 youth teams. Total dumpster fire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious? 3d 2023 is terrible. The kids they brought in are nowhere close to being as good as those they lost. That program is reduced to 1 HS team and 3 youth teams. Total dumpster fire.

3d could barely beat BLC's B team at FallFest. They split though 3d did win the second game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I admit that I smiled at the "dumpster fire" reference, there are several players on the lower-level teams that are really strong. The rosters of the lower-level teams just aren't as deep as the top clubs. My kid's at the high end of this age group, but I'm always impressed with how good these so called "terrible" teams really are. We over exaggerate the differences between the DMV travel teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It depends on your kid! If he wants to be challenged in practice and games, and has aspirations to be D1 player you should make the sacrifice (be it distance and / or expense) to play for an elite program. Not a necessity, but I think for the public school kids that are not challenged within their local club teams and HS programs they should play elite club lacrosse if they want to play D1 lacrosse. If your son is potentially an elite AAA player (was AA a few years ago) there is significant IQ and skill development gained within the competitive practices in addition to the games and tournaments. Ultimately it should be the kid's decision if the parents are willing and able. Conversely there is nothing wrong with playing locally with friends, future HS team mates, and having fun. What is the goal? MD parent that traveled 100 miles round trip to Baltimore for four years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree that 3d is terrible. Disagree that the new kids are not as good as those they lost. Scoreboard says different. HOCO spring: Cavs 7, 3d 3. Indian Summer fall tourney: Cavs 8, 3d 3. Same number of goals scored and almost identical goal differential against same opponent. Facts show the talent exchanged between spring and fall was about the same. But if your kid left 3d to join vlc or wherever, I can understand your confusion on the issue.

Page 19 of 47 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard