BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 45 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 44 45
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That event at UNC/Duke with the Express, Crabs, Mesa and Sweetlax was a 7 v 7 tournament? Really?

7v7 with a large roster isn't a lot of fun.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep. Snowflake tournament. 7on 7. What a ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There’s pictures of kids playing with long poles online at UNC. What are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were fleeced by channenbuck$$ again! Flew to North Carolina to play in a 7 v 7 tournament. My son plays defense. No poles allowed. The temperature is getting hot over here in channyland. This guy is beyond greedy.

The trip was organized for the UNC event and Duke was a last minute addition, to expose to boys to the world-class university next door. If your child and you didn’t enjoy it, you probably should not have come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were fleeced by channenbuck$$ again! Flew to North Carolina to play in a 7 v 7 tournament. My son plays defense. No poles allowed. The temperature is getting hot over here in channyland. This guy is beyond greedy.

The trip was organized for the UNC event and Duke was a last minute addition, to expose to boys to the world-class university next door. If your child and you didn’t enjoy it, you probably should not have come.

What does Duke being involved with it have to do with why it was changed to a 7v7 with no long poles. Is that actually how the games were played or did someone make that up?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares what happened at Duke? Sounds like Express played 3 quality games on Sat at UNC, saw a UNC basketball game, toured both colleges, and played in a mini tournament at Duke. Sticks are in their hands and they're having fun. Express played over 30 games this fall and lost 2 (Annapolis Hawks and Leading Edge) Is someone really gonna question why they were in a 7 vs 7 tournament with no long poles? Really? The entire weekend was optional, there were no added registration fees, and i'm sure the D pole dad complaining wasn't there or has a kid on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know why there was a lighter turn out for the All American National Clasic tryouts yesterday? there was maybe 60 kids vs about 200 last year? any thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious? Expecting families to shell out $$ around this time of year to go travel to NC. That's just plain ballsy. Don't care how many games they played or how many losses they had. The amount of money that man expects people to pay is crazy. Question for you, how much did you pay this fall for all those tournaments and travel and then think about how much of a $ grab this trip was. And gimme a break with optional. Nothing is optional with this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares what happened at Duke? Sounds like Express played 3 quality games on Sat at UNC, saw a UNC basketball game, toured both colleges, and played in a mini tournament at Duke. Sticks are in their hands and they're having fun. Express played over 30 games this fall and lost 2 (Annapolis Hawks and Leading Edge) Is someone really gonna question why they were in a 7 vs 7 tournament with no long poles? Really? The entire weekend was optional, there were no added registration fees, and i'm sure the D pole dad complaining wasn't there or has a kid on the team.

Well, it's kinda obvious that people DO care and you seem to be doing a lot of guessing about what happened.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if the games on Saturday at UNC were normal games, who cares that they played in a different 7v7 setup on Sunday at Duke? Sounds like a fun weekend for the kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does everyone feel such pride in the club teams their kids play for? I guess I can't follow the connection people have to the club team. I understand high school, college, town based youth program connection but not the club loyalty. Worth noting, I do not live on LI so maybe it's different in Westchester.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Warrior vs Brine. Whose is most at stake here? Follow the money back to a LI connection.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does everyone feel such pride in the club teams their kids play for? I guess I can't follow the connection people have to the club team. I understand high school, college, town based youth program connection but not the club loyalty. Worth noting, I do not live on LI so maybe it's different in Westchester.

I think the answers are varied - for the 'big' teams, there seems to be a whole sense of superiority in being associated with those clubs, and I mean beyond level of play - they have what I would equate with societal social classes. They truly look down at EVERY other club. The irony there is that some of their teams don't have the talent to even extend to that unnecessary and unrelated dismissive attitude. (For Express teams, I'd argue the bottom half of the rosters on their top talent team(s) don't have the prerequisites to be all arrogant since those boys hardly ever see the field!) For others, it may be that their club team has had a consistent solid core of kids together before they get to HS, and or maybe their local programs - youth community or school - just aren't that good/committed to the sport. Considering the number of boys that play lax on LI as well as the large number of club programs, that also plays into it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know why there was a lighter turn out for the All American National Clasic tryouts yesterday? there was maybe 60 kids vs about 200 last year? any thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College coaches aren't looking at 12 -14 year olds anymore. Turnout will pick up in 2 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if the games on Saturday at UNC were normal games, who cares that they played in a different 7v7 setup on Sunday at Duke? Sounds like a fun weekend for the kids.

The awazing part is what is spent on youth sports in today's world. And the culture of being afraid to miss something.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Money grab this and money grab that! I'm sick of hearing it.you flew all the way to NC when for 90$ you could have gone to CW post and got 3 hours of practice and play time for your kid! Who are you doing all this stuff for you or your kid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious? Expecting families to shell out $$ around this time of year to go travel to NC. That's just plain ballsy. Don't care how many games they played or how many losses they had. The amount of money that man expects people to pay is crazy. Question for you, how much did you pay this fall for all those tournaments and travel and then think about how much of a $ grab this trip was. And gimme a break with optional. Nothing is optional with this team.

Just think about how much money you are paying for your little Billy to play a sport that will still cost you $$ for him/to play into his college years. And then what???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously this tram has disposable income and don’t mind paying for all of it. It’s the same people that keep paying so it’s obviously not a problem for them so....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do invites start going out for the All American National Clasic?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do invites go out for the All American National Clasic?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

very happy with express. thank you for caring. the training instruction competition and experience are priceless. like everything in life, people have choices and do what they want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry buddy. There most certainly is a price on everything involved with express. And it's extremely high. And your choices analogy, go tell Chan you can't make it to next practice, your son has football or basketball or whatever. Unless you are one of his boys your kid will be reprimanded. No equal sledding with this team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry buddy. There most certainly is a price on everything involved with express. And it's extremely high. And your choices analogy, go tell Chan you can't make it to next practice, your son has football or basketball or whatever. Unless you are one of his boys your kid will be reprimanded. No equal sledding with this team

Haters hate. Must be very difficult to be happy with such a negative attitude. Hope your kid gets influences other than yours

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Invites to all of the Igloo helmets and such a money grab. Should have gone to NC to watch some Chan lacrosse without long poles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boohoo! They took the best kids, get over it! P.S., my son made it and he doesn't play for igloo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boohoo! They took the best kids, get over it! P.S., my son made it and he doesn't play for igloo!

Probably b/c your son plays for S2S.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never said my son didn’t make it. Just stating it was mostly Igloo kids. What is S2S? Must be your Southshore team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is the team that's thinks they can beat the Bandits! FYI their not the good, can you say hold backs,haha.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is the team that's thinks they can beat the Bandits! FYI their not the good, can you say hold backs,haha.

S2S is 7th grade bozo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, and the team is 2023 2022 combined bozo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I only saw 3 S2S players there. So you are saying none of the express, outlaws or anyone else made the team? Oh if you're talking about a 7th grade team here you must be a bit obsessed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it's not bozo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it's all 22's check the results that are posted

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where are results posted???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, check the list cornholeo, their are 7 2023's on the list!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I only saw 3 S2S players there. So you are saying none of the express, outlaws or anyone else made the team? Oh if you're talking about a 7th grade team here you must be a bit obsessed.

Just saying that all the s2s kids made it onto the team. Make what you will of that statement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just saying that all the s2s kids made it onto the team. Make what you will of that statement.

Four S2S 2023 kids were invited to the team (doesn't the head evaluator coach for them?), four Outlaws (1 is on 2023), three kids from Express (1 is on 2023), three from GC and a bunch of FOP (friends of the Penguin).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How the heck do you know who the kids play for! The list just gives thei names and town!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Four S2S 2023 kids were invited to the team (doesn't the head evaluator coach for them?), four Outlaws (1 is on 2023), three kids from Express (1 is on 2023), three from GC and a bunch of FOP (friends of the Penguin).

I am very happy for your insight but also very concerned about your dept of knowledge. Please tell me you also have a hobby.

Page 25 of 45 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard