BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 101 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Okay. So what LI 2024 squads are on the verge? A squad that can compete but could be taken over the top by a couple ballers. Excellent coaching. No parent coaches. Loyal parents. Does it exist?

Meh - there are a lot of teams that would fit that bill. For the same reasons that there are more A teams on LI at 2024 (and most other age groups, as well) than the three AA teams most discussed here. A lot of these A teams have a strong top 10 - it's the lack of depth that keeps most of them from competing with the A teams. Add a couple more legit horses and that depth gap starts to go away quickly.

I would rather have my son help build a team. I think that it might be more fun for him. Where would you put your money other than the top 3?

If your son is not one of the top 10 players (especially Express!) on one of the AA teams, then, your son is better off being in the top 10 of one of the A teams, of which there are many.

My son is on age and real good player. However, he will not make the AA teams as the majority of the kids that make those teams are older, and take his spot. So Yes, he plays and is one of the better players on his 'A team'. Funny, how I see many of the AA lax team players on the football fields. the majority having to play on their age in the 12yr old division. So I look at those AA teams that are so highly spoken about as 2023 teams because in reality.....They are.

What is the cutoff in Long Island? Where I live it's Oct. 1. There are lots of 12 year old kids in the 2024 class.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay. So what LI 2024 squads are on the verge? A squad that can compete but could be taken over the top by a couple ballers. Excellent coaching. No parent coaches. Loyal parents. Does it exist?

Meh - there are a lot of teams that would fit that bill. For the same reasons that there are more A teams on LI at 2024 (and most other age groups, as well) than the three AA teams most discussed here. A lot of these A teams have a strong top 10 - it's the lack of depth that keeps most of them from competing with the A teams. Add a couple more legit horses and that depth gap starts to go away quickly.

I would rather have my son help build a team. I think that it might be more fun for him. Where would you put your money other than the top 3?

If your son is not one of the top 10 players (especially Express!) on one of the AA teams, then, your son is better off being in the top 10 of one of the A teams, of which there are many.

My son is on age and real good player. However, he will not make the AA teams as the majority of the kids that make those teams are older, and take his spot. So Yes, he plays and is one of the better players on his 'A team'. Funny, how I see many of the AA lax team players on the football fields. the majority having to play on their age in the 12yr old division. So I look at those AA teams that are so highly spoken about as 2023 teams because in reality.....They are.

What is the cutoff in Long Island? Where I live it's Oct. 1. There are lots of 12 year old kids in the 2024 class.

Long Island is not it's own determinant of grade cutoff - all of NYS is Dec 1st! That means that, today, there should be zero 12 year olds in 6th grade UNLESS they started school a year late and/or they were already left/held back a grade after starting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
December is the school cutoffs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems to me that NY should change that date to be in sync with the rest of the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then the boys that played football and soccer in the fall in the u12 age group because they were born in 2005. should also play in the 2023 lax category.If a contact sport such as football and even more so with that of a non contact sport such as soccer see the importance in recognizing age and not grade, then so should the contact with a stick YOUTH sport of lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems to me that NY should change that date to be in sync with the rest of the country.

You are opining on this from an athletic standpoint when athletics have zero bearing on NY's (or any other state's) decision for academic cutoff dates!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are opining on this from an athletic standpoint when athletics have zero bearing on NY's (or any other state's) decision for academic cutoff dates!

We are talking about 6th grade lacrosse. It was a joke. Go back to your dictionary.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are so full of crap. If your kid is good enough for an AA team like WP, TAZ, EXPRESS ETC. he would make it. Those teams Are all on age , they even have 2025 kids on them . Go cry and lie somewhere else . What you may have to come to terms with is that your kid is not as good as you think. Just a thought!,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree with that but not tone of the comment. The guy was just expressing some frustration. Just remember that comment when your kid gets cut and you are talking trash about your current club. I love Lacrosse parents. Enjoy your ride. We will stay off that train until it counts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree with that but not tone of the comment. The guy was just expressing some frustration. Just remember that comment when your kid gets cut and you are talking trash about your current club. I love Lacrosse parents. Enjoy your ride. We will stay off that train until it counts.

Its ok to get cut or not make the club.
its called Life.
If my son or Daughter is not good enough to make the team so be it. That's life. Its a life lesson they must learn to deal with . There are plenty of let downs kids have to learn to deal with in life. You can not teach that lesson, unless you as a parent can deal with it yourself. Not everyone can get a trophy, or the job, or the raise ETC. Excuses get you no where.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its called Life.
If my son or Daughter is not good enough to make the team so be it. That's life. Its a life lesson they must learn to deal with . There are plenty of let downs kids have to learn to deal with in life. You can not teach that lesson, unless you as a parent can deal with it yourself. Not everyone can get a trophy, or the job, or the raise ETC. Excuses get you no where.

Not sure you will be singing the same tune when it happens to you. Just saying. See ya when it counts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its called Life.

Amen to that.

What is truly laughable is that now we have morons bloviating about how Eclipse and Express North would “destroy” other Westchester/Fairfield teams.

Hate to break it to you. No one cares.
Kinda like arguing that you have the best winery in Detroit.

Long Island teams are our models for the time being.
Adapt and progress. Recognize their excellence and emulate it.

The team you are bashing today, could be the team your son is on next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally someone being realistic and honest. It is a shame that the majority of parents on this site cant share insight and information without getting nasty.
The sky is the limit with lacrosse given its tremendous growth. The only problem I see is psycho parents ruining it for the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally someone being realistic and honest. It is a shame that the majority of parents on this site cant share insight and information without getting nasty.
The sky is the limit with lacrosse given its tremendous growth. The only problem I see is psycho parents ruining it for the kids.
Totally agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree.
Yes I totally agree. Parents . Lacrosse scholarships are not easy to come by, no full rides, Worry more about their education . Any sport should be secondary to school. They are just 11-and 12 year old boys, let them have fun now and worry all about that when they get older. Time fly's , ENJOY IT!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its called Life.

I understand life lessons for kids. I am Not full of crap!!! Go peddle your lies to your kid on why most of his friends in his class are a year younger then him.This is a youth sport. And the only lax KIDS getting cheated are the ones on age.Older kids should not dictate the team my kid plays for. Now there are definitely on age boys on the AA teams but they are a minority.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its called Life.

I understand life lessons for kids. I am Not full of crap!!! Go peddle your lies to your kid on why most of his friends in his class are a year younger then him.This is a youth sport. And the only lax KIDS getting cheated are the ones on age.Older kids should not dictate the team my kid plays for. Now there are definitely on age boys on the AA teams but they are a minority.
seriously. Before you peddle your crap get the facts . been like this for years. cry baby.. couple of months wont make a difference. Just make sure he gets good training and has fun. It all evens out in the end. They are in sixth grade how is your son being cheated. That he does not win a Tee shirt, or the fact that he plays against boys a couple of months older then him will make him a better player? if a kid is truly playing down a year, than he is the one being cheated in the end. Do not see where your child is getting cheated. I was always the youngest in my grade and played never complained about it, I am better for it. there are plenty of Lax teams out there. Find one for your son and stop blaming everything around you .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its called Life.

seriously. Before you peddle your crap get the facts . been like this for years. cry baby.. couple of months wont make a difference. Just make sure he gets good training and has fun. It all evens out in the end. They are in sixth grade how is your son being cheated. That he does not win a Tee shirt, or the fact that he plays against boys a couple of months older then him will make him a better player? if a kid is truly playing down a year, than he is the one being cheated in the end. Do not see where your child is getting cheated. I was always the youngest in my grade and played never complained about it, I am better for it. there are plenty of Lax teams out there. Find one for your son and stop blaming everything around you .

I think that there are enough teams in Long Island to separate them by birth month. That would be fair. Oh wait. What about the kids born at the end of the month. That's not fair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

its called Life.

I think that there are enough teams in Long Island to separate them by birth month. That would be fair. Oh wait. What about the kids born at the end of the month. That's not fair.

Good thing EVERY.OTHER.SPORT already figured it out. But lax is different . . . or something!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2005 boys are on your team? My sons CYO basketball team is grade based 6th. 10 kids chosen for an "A" team and 10 for "B" team.......

"A" team has 6 2005 babies.... "B" team has ZERO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2005 boys are on your team? My sons CYO basketball team is grade based 6th. 10 kids chosen for an "A" team and 10 for "B" team.......

Um 60% !!! we have 7 05s on our CYO team. I actually think that % would be higher if you polled the AA lax teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Um 60% !!! we have 7 05s on our CYO team. I actually think that % would be higher if you polled the AA lax teams.
Really ... LAME

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any thoughts on Shore 2 Shore. I have heard good things but know very little about the club. Any info would be awesome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they are a new team, kind of early to comment on S2S.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please don't go to much by what people say on this site. Rarely will you find people take the time to say something positive, but if it is negative then it flows like a waterfall.

email the director or find a parent who has a child on the team and speak to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any thoughts on Shore 2 Shore. I have heard good things but know very little about the club. Any info would be awesome.

New team with some talent. Great coach and well run program. .No [ChillLaxin]. Had lots of fall practices and now they are at the Hub for 90 minutes a week. Will compete with all the LI teams not named Taz and WP.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New team with some talent. Great coach and well run program. .No [ChillLaxin]. Had lots of fall practices and now they are at the Hub for 90 minutes a week. Will compete with all the LI teams not named Taz and WP.

Thanks. For the input.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks. For the input.

How did they do vs Express? how do you think they would do vs Igloo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks. For the input.

Express 8-1. Igloo would have handled them this fall. Come spring they will be better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Does anyone have any thoughts on Shore 2 Shore. I have heard good things but know very little about the club. Any info would be awesome.

Thanks. For the input.

Express 8-1. Igloo would have handled them this fall. Come spring they will be better. [/qu

lost to igloo b team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Does anyone have any thoughts on Shore 2 Shore. I have heard good things but know very little about the club. Any info would be awesome.

Thanks. For the input.

Express 8-1. Igloo would have handled them this fall. Come spring they will be better. [/qu

lost to igloo b team
Express is a good Team, better than last year. No Doubt.. Will beat WP , Wp weaker this year!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see the new outlaws email? What a class act! lol. Can't believe people tryout there. They are already trying to give your sons spots up for new players and fall just ended.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see the new outlaws email? What a class act! lol. Can't believe people tryout there. They are already trying to give your sons spots up for new players and fall just ended.

They have been taking players pro-rated for years. My son is on the team. Don't worry, the players they get are terrible after tryouts, and it's only to feed PB's pocket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks. For the input.

lost to igloo b team
Express is a good Team, better than last year. No Doubt.. Will beat WP , Wp weaker this year!!

I do agree I watched that Express team play Taz tuff in fall ball. I thought Exp had better individual play but Taz has that team concept down to a science.I feel Express will beat both Taz and pack at least one time in the spring. But did you see some of the Express kids?Comn there are some older boys on that squad!!Now I know there are quite a bit of hold backs on Taz but Most of the express kids have to be double holdbacks. If they are lucky, there are only 3-4 kids tops, on that team born in 2006.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Does anyone have any thoughts on Shore 2 Shore. I have heard good things but know very little about the club. Any info would be awesome.

New team with some talent. Great coach and well run program. .No [ChillLaxin]. Had lots of fall practices and now they are at the Hub for 90 minutes a week. Will compete with all the LI teams not named Taz and WP
I do agree I watched that Express team play Taz tuff in fall ball. I thought Exp had better individual play but Taz has that team concept down to a science.I feel Express will beat both Taz and pack at least one time in the spring. But did you see some of the Express kids?Comn there are some older boys on that squad!!Now I know there are quite a bit of hold backs on Taz but Most of the express kids have to be double holdbacks. If they are lucky, there are only 3-4 kids tops, on that team born in 2006.
] there is Def holdbacks on Express, as far as TAZ or WP do not know . Do not think they have much if any at all :

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did they do vs Express? how do you think they would do vs Igloo?[/quote]

lost to igloo b team[/quote] Express is a good Team, better than last year. No Doubt.. Will beat WP , Wp weaker this year!!
[/quote]
I do agree I watched that Express team play Taz tuff in fall ball. I thought Exp had better individual play but Taz has that team concept down to a science.I feel Express will beat both Taz and pack at least one time in the spring. But did you see some of the Express kids?Comn there are some older boys on that squad!!Now I know there are quite a bit of hold backs on Taz but Most of the express kids have to be double holdbacks. If they are lucky, there are only 3-4 kids tops, on that team born in 2006. [/quote]

Just BC they have some big kids doesn’t mean they are holdbacks. Igloo has the biggest kid in the age group and he is on age. Taz added a huge middie who is on age.

For you [ChillLaxin] dads just because a kid is big doesn’t mean they are older. Eat you wheaties.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Does anyone have any thoughts on Shore 2 Shore. I have heard good things but know very little about the club. Any info would be awesome.

New team with some talent. Great coach and well run program. .No [ChillLaxin]. Had lots of fall practices and now they are at the Hub for 90 minutes a week. Will compete with all the LI teams not named Taz and WP
] there is Def holdbacks on Express, as far as TAZ or WP do not know . Do not think they have much if any at all :

What is the birthday is considered a holdback?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dec 1st is the NY cutoff for any grade, so anyone born before 12/1/2005 playing 2024 is a holdback/reclass/whatever you want to call it . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9/1/05 of before is the US Lax guidelines...2024

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dec 1st is the NY cutoff for any grade, so anyone born before 12/1/2005 playing 2024 is a holdback/reclass/whatever you want to call it . . .

Dec 1 is the cut off for Public Schools only.

A. Admission to School – General Policies and Procedures

1. Children may not be refused admission to a public school because of race, color, creed, national origin, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, immigration/citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity.1

2. Children whose fourth birthday falls within the calendar year of admission are to be admitted to pre-kindergarten (limited to designated schools and subject to available seats).

3. Children whose fifth birthday falls within the calendar year of admission are required to attend and must be admitted to kindergarten, commencing in the 2013-14 school year, whether these children are entering school for the first time or being transferred from another school, except that such children are not required to attend kindergarten if:

a. their parents elect instead to enroll them in first grade the following academic year, or

b. they are enrolled in non-public schools or in home instruction.

4. Children whose sixth birthday falls within the calendar year of admission must be admitted to the first grade.

5. Children are required to attend school from age five, except in cases of 3(a) or 3(b) above, commencing in the 2013-14 school year. Until the 2013-14 school year, children are required to attend school from age six. […]

Page 59 of 101 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard