BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Girls 2019 - 11th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2017/Summer 2018 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2019 - 11th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sept 1st right around the corner. Expect to see and hear about many 2019's committing. Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big day, I hope

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Big day, I hope

Good luck to all the girls hoping for a call from the schoo,of their dreams. I'm curious about this. So many 19s are already committed. Are there spots left st the top schools? The numbers on on par with the classes of 17 and 18 for this time of the year without the 5 month shut down. I don't think this year will give a true impression of the success or failure of this new rule.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So ... what's the buzz? Phones ringing, I hope so

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? This is not the first day of the NBA free agent period. Let's give it some folks. Gotta think the top programs already have their 2019's on board. But tons of opportunities still out there. Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Busy late night and Morning

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Busy late night and Morning

Got five calls already, now have too many options. Hope everyone else is having the same success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? This is not the first day of the NBA free agent period. Let's give it some folks. Gotta think the top programs already have their 2019's on board. But tons of opportunities still out there. Good luck to all.

Jen Levy was at my front door this morning!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder how many Duke commits happened this morning?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good article about it in Lacrosse magazine online worth a look

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some coaches put out emails time stamped 12:01 am. Others contacted first thing in the morning and others throughout the day. But the bottom line is there was tons of fast communication. The majority of the schools I'm aware of have been mid and lower tier D1. But I'm also aware of two situations where some upper ACC and Big Ten schools have reached out.

For the 2020s and going forward, it will be mayhem.

FWIW also aware of situation (I'm sure there are many) where the communication rules were skirted and a girl committed first thing yesterday morning because they had essentially already lined it all up over the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reese sent a Limo to the house for an early breakfast meeting at the RITZ...we are holding out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reese sent a Limo to the house for an early breakfast meeting at the RITZ...we are holding out.

...Mason Reese

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has anyone heard this rumor (I guess that's the only way to fairly describe it..) that u Mich. just walked back their verbal commitments to every 2019 commit?

kind of second hand info and not trying to stir the pot, but my daughter has club and HS teamates committed to go there- 2019's and 2018's as well, so it comes from a decent source. if true I am surprised I have not read anything on BOTC..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has anyone heard this rumor (I guess that's the only way to fairly describe it..) that u Mich. just walked back their verbal commitments to every 2019 commit?

kind of second hand info and not trying to stir the pot, but my daughter has club and HS teamates committed to go there- 2019's and 2018's as well, so it comes from a decent source. if true I am surprised I have not read anything on BOTC..

So glad no one rose to the bait on this. UM has
An amazing list of 2019's. No way they would ever de commit those girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amazing list of 2019s? Ok mom. Hannah is 100 pct evaluating all 2019s and if there are some that don't fit what she is looking for they will be decommitted. Welcome to bigtime college sports mom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amazing list of 2019s? Ok mom. Hannah is 100 pct evaluating all 2019s and if there are some that don't fit what she is looking for they will be decommitted. Welcome to bigtime college sports mom.

Not only is she evaluating all 2019s she is being dangerously aggressive in pursuing new 2019s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not only is she evaluating all 2019s she is being dangerously aggressive in pursuing new 2019s.

Dangerously aggressive ,stop being dramatic,what is she skydiving in with storm troopers to recruit your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HA!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dangerously aggressive ,stop being dramatic,what is she skydiving in with storm troopers to recruit your kid.

That is funny ... but in actuality she is going hard after some committed kids. She is aggressive. Just doing the job she was hired to do at a school that demands a higher level of success that has been demonstrated so far w the women's lax program. That is going to change fast in Ann Arbor. In fact this weekend is a sold-out camp of potential new recruits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is funny ... but in actuality she is going hard after some committed kids. She is aggressive. Just doing the job she was hired to do at a school that demands a higher level of success that has been demonstrated so far w the women's lax program. That is going to change fast in Ann Arbor. In fact this weekend is a sold-out camp of potential new recruits.

yeah sure.. they should be real studs since they slippped to the 14th round. trying to find the next Tom Brady huh? maybe they can get the defensive plays before the huddle like that cheater and win a bunch of titles as well. good luck,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As we are starting to hear about 2019's committing, i am curious on the academic piece. Most havent taken the SAT or ACT yet. Can their verbal commit get pulled if they dont make the requirements for the school, or do the coaches find a way to push them through?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As we are starting to hear about 2019's committing, i am curious on the academic piece. Most havent taken the SAT or ACT yet. Can their verbal commit get pulled if they dont make the requirements for the school, or do the coaches find a way to push them through?

Starting to commit? They have been committing for 2 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whether the "verbal gets pulled" or not, many of these schools have really high standards for non-cash generating club-type sports. the Ivies most notably- tough with the transcripts and the AI must clear a certain level. Stanford and Duke other examples I hear, no first hand knowledge with either.

very treacherous for 2020's I imagine- some thinking the will sail into Harvard bc the coach likes them on the field, but could end up shut out when their 3.2 gets neg'd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends how good they are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone hearing about girls flipping their commitments? Since a lot of 2019's committed their freshman year - I wonder if there are any changing their minds since they've been hearing from other coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any opinion or insight into the Inside Lacrosse Committed games in July? Worth the money ? Seems like they get to work with their peers with some instruction and then play games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did everybody go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any opinion or insight into the Inside Lacrosse Committed games in July? Worth the money ? Seems like they get to work with their peers with some instruction and then play games.

It's fine. Good competition. The play the weekend before at Under Armour was better and way less expensive (just the tryout fee). There are other opportunities to play w fellow commits that r a lot cheaper and or more effective. But it's ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's fine. Good competition. The play the weekend before at Under Armour was better and way less expensive (just the tryout fee). There are other opportunities to play w fellow commits that r a lot cheaper and or more effective. But it's ok.

Thank you. Will keep that in mind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do it, (if she wants to) stuff like this only comes around once..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good event, many of the best players in the country attended the event. The only negative chatter that I heard was from the parent of a player who's future school did not have a strong turnout. I think having a bunch of future teammates there will contribute to a positive experience.

As expected many of the perennial Top Programs had strong turnouts (Maryland, North Carolina, Northwestern, Syracuse, Princeton, Florida, Boston College as well as USC, Stanford and Navy. The culture at these programs is part of the reason they are always at the top.

Check the link :

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/photos-standouts-epoch-ilwomen-committed-academy-2018-division/50043&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiY5a2Dr_jXAhUm6YMKHSC1AKMQFggTMAU&client=internal-uds-cse&cx=007668285660241251935:q1by02soqgy&usg=AOvVaw3FzHg7ZVjbcLGgSEb67WQU

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good event, many of the best players in the country attended the event. The only negative chatter that I heard was from the parent of a player who's future school did not have a strong turnout. I think having a bunch of future teammates there will contribute to a positive experience.

As expected many of the perennial Top Programs had strong turnouts (Maryland, North Carolina, Northwestern, Syracuse, Princeton, Florida, Boston College as well as USC, Stanford and Navy. The culture at these programs is part of the reason they are always at the top.

Check the link :

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/photos-standouts-epoch-ilwomen-committed-academy-2018-division/50043&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiY5a2Dr_jXAhUm6YMKHSC1AKMQFggTMAU&client=internal-uds-cse&cx=007668285660241251935:q1by02soqgy&usg=AOvVaw3FzHg7ZVjbcLGgSEb67WQU

Well, my daughter attended last year. Good turnout for her team. She enjoyed the social aspect. But she doesn't want to go back this year. Heard the same from some of her friends' parents. They all seem to think that there was too much down time. A lot of sitting around. Didn't find the non-game stuff very useful. Wished there was just more playing lacrosse. I'm sure everyone's experiences vary. I actually thought it was pretty good, and was surprised that she and her friends didn't want to do it again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks... good write up .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know if they are combining 2018's & 19's this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the event in the past , it is overhyped by inside lacrosse ,way too expensive for what it is and is not well run . Not sure why but my daughters team was essentially sitting around more than playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know if they are combining 2018's & 19's this year?

Their invite says they are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard