A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Does anyone have any thoughts on Shore 2 Shore. I have heard good things but know very little about the club. Any info would be awesome.

New team with some talent. Great coach and well run program. .No [ChillLaxin]. Had lots of fall practices and now they are at the Hub for 90 minutes a week. Will compete with all the LI teams not named Taz and WP
I do agree I watched that Express team play Taz tuff in fall ball. I thought Exp had better individual play but Taz has that team concept down to a science.I feel Express will beat both Taz and pack at least one time in the spring. But did you see some of the Express kids?Comn there are some older boys on that squad!!Now I know there are quite a bit of hold backs on Taz but Most of the express kids have to be double holdbacks. If they are lucky, there are only 3-4 kids tops, on that team born in 2006.
] there is Def holdbacks on Express, as far as TAZ or WP do not know . Do not think they have much if any at all :

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #252312
12/07/17 10:23 AM
12/07/17 10:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did they do vs Express? how do you think they would do vs Igloo?[/quote]

Express 8-1. Igloo would have handled them this fall. Come spring they will be better. [/qu

lost to igloo b team[/quote] Express is a good Team, better than last year. No Doubt.. Will beat WP , Wp weaker this year!!
[/quote]
I do agree I watched that Express team play Taz tuff in fall ball. I thought Exp had better individual play but Taz has that team concept down to a science.I feel Express will beat both Taz and pack at least one time in the spring. But did you see some of the Express kids?Comn there are some older boys on that squad!!Now I know there are quite a bit of hold backs on Taz but Most of the express kids have to be double holdbacks. If they are lucky, there are only 3-4 kids tops, on that team born in 2006. [/quote]

Just BC they have some big kids doesn’t mean they are holdbacks. Igloo has the biggest kid in the age group and he is on age. Taz added a huge middie who is on age.

For you [ChillLaxin] dads just because a kid is big doesn’t mean they are older. Eat you wheaties.

Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #252315
12/07/17 11:03 AM
12/07/17 11:03 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Does anyone have any thoughts on Shore 2 Shore. I have heard good things but know very little about the club. Any info would be awesome.

New team with some talent. Great coach and well run program. .No [ChillLaxin]. Had lots of fall practices and now they are at the Hub for 90 minutes a week. Will compete with all the LI teams not named Taz and WP
I do agree I watched that Express team play Taz tuff in fall ball. I thought Exp had better individual play but Taz has that team concept down to a science.I feel Express will beat both Taz and pack at least one time in the spring. But did you see some of the Express kids?Comn there are some older boys on that squad!!Now I know there are quite a bit of hold backs on Taz but Most of the express kids have to be double holdbacks. If they are lucky, there are only 3-4 kids tops, on that team born in 2006.
] there is Def holdbacks on Express, as far as TAZ or WP do not know . Do not think they have much if any at all :

What is the birthday is considered a holdback?

Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #252316
12/07/17 11:15 AM
12/07/17 11:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dec 1st is the NY cutoff for any grade, so anyone born before 12/1/2005 playing 2024 is a holdback/reclass/whatever you want to call it . . .

Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC] #252320
12/07/17 11:31 AM
12/07/17 11:31 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

9/1/05 of before is the US Lax guidelines...2024

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC] #252322
12/07/17 11:42 AM
12/07/17 11:42 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dec 1st is the NY cutoff for any grade, so anyone born before 12/1/2005 playing 2024 is a holdback/reclass/whatever you want to call it . . .

Dec 1 is the cut off for Public Schools only.

A. Admission to School – General Policies and Procedures

1. Children may not be refused admission to a public school because of race, color, creed, national origin, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, immigration/citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or ethnicity.1

2. Children whose fourth birthday falls within the calendar year of admission are to be admitted to pre-kindergarten (limited to designated schools and subject to available seats).

3. Children whose fifth birthday falls within the calendar year of admission are required to attend and must be admitted to kindergarten, commencing in the 2013-14 school year, whether these children are entering school for the first time or being transferred from another school, except that such children are not required to attend kindergarten if:

a. their parents elect instead to enroll them in first grade the following academic year, or

b. they are enrolled in non-public schools or in home instruction.

4. Children whose sixth birthday falls within the calendar year of admission must be admitted to the first grade.

5. Children are required to attend school from age five, except in cases of 3(a) or 3(b) above, commencing in the 2013-14 school year. Until the 2013-14 school year, children are required to attend school from age six. […]

Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #252323
12/07/17 11:48 AM
12/07/17 11:48 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that is correct. 9/01/2005 anyone before that is a hold back. 10/31/2005 for football ...

Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #252328
12/07/17 12:45 PM
12/07/17 12:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that is correct. 9/01/2005 anyone before that is a hold back. 10/31/2005 for football ...

There are too many that have done this before when their kids where very young. Most summer birthdays. Has USA LAX grandfathered through 2027? Isnt that the start of 100% age based??

Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC] #252329
12/07/17 12:51 PM
12/07/17 12:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now we have a new classification of Holdback... Silly lax folks...... Now a"lax holdback" is anything before Sept. 1. Go tickle yourself.

What a joke. Whatever you parents wanna call it is fine by me.. The math doesn't lie and everyone knows.. Not getting over on ANYONE....

Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #252336
12/07/17 01:36 PM
12/07/17 01:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now we have a new classification of Holdback... Silly lax folks...... Now a"lax holdback" is anything before Sept. 1. Go tickle yourself.

What a joke. Whatever you parents wanna call it is fine by me.. The math doesn't lie and everyone knows.. Not getting over on ANYONE....

---

Let me ask you a question. Your child is in preK or nursery and a late summer birthday, and you get posed the question. Do you want your child to be the youngest in the class or the oldest? ALL research points to be the older. For many different reasons...the last of which is freaking grade school travel lacrosse.
So now you are here. What do you do? Play with kids in your grade, and are your good buddies? Or go to a brand new grade and play with kids that you dont know. Cant carpool. Etc etc etc.

This being said, my son is not a difference maker. He loves playing with his buddies. And wants to go to practice every day. And yes, he is on one of the "top 5" teams.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #252343
12/07/17 02:40 PM
12/07/17 02:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[quote=Anonymous]9/1/05 of before is the US Lax guidelines...2024

---

Let me ask you a question. Your child is in preK or nursery and a late summer birthday, and you get posed the question. Do you want your child to be the youngest in the class or the oldest? ALL research points to be the older. For many different reasons...the last of which is freaking grade school travel lacrosse.
So now you are here. What do you do? Play with kids in your grade, and are your good buddies? Or go to a brand new grade and play with kids that you dont know. Cant carpool. Etc etc etc.

This being said, my son is not a difference maker. He loves playing with his buddies. And wants to go to practice every day. And yes, he is on one of the "top 5" teams.
[/quote ]There is nothing wrong with that at all. how about this .... your child is born 11/25 or 11/26 , 11/27 2005 etc. is 1 month and a couple of days older then a child born jan .1. 2006 does that 1 month make a huge difference? Does it make the 2005 kid so much better? Now a child born January 1 2006 and a child born 11/30 2006 is a 10 month difference same year Does that make a huge difference? If you complain about a hold back than they way you are looking at things is wrong. Otherwise we should make teams based on 3 month intervals. get the point. If your kid is a good Athlete he will compete just fine. and in 2 years will make absolutely no difference. So stop all the complaining. it will all work out in the end

Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #252344
12/07/17 02:54 PM
12/07/17 02:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

---

I'll answer that with a question: What does your child do with EVERY OTHER SPORT??

Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #252345
12/07/17 02:57 PM
12/07/17 02:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

---

[/quote ]There is nothing wrong with that at all. how about this .... your child is born 11/25 or 11/26 , 11/27 2005 etc. is 1 month and a couple of days older then a child born jan .1. 2006 does that 1 month make a huge difference? Does it make the 2005 kid so much better? Now a child born January 1 2006 and a child born 11/30 2006 is a 10 month difference same year Does that make a huge difference? If you complain about a hold back than they way you are looking at things is wrong. Otherwise we should make teams based on 3 month intervals. get the point. If your kid is a good Athlete he will compete just fine. and in 2 years will make absolutely no difference. So stop all the complaining. it will all work out in the end

So, the basis of your counterargument is because it is unreasonable/unrealistic to do 3 month interval levels, then don't do anything more reasonable to improve the system. Got it!

Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #252348
12/07/17 03:11 PM
12/07/17 03:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

---

The above poster makes good sense- not used to that on this site.

Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous] #252382
12/08/17 12:21 AM
12/08/17 12:21 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

---

So, the basis of your counterargument is because it is unreasonable/unrealistic to do 3 month interval levels, then don't do anything more reasonable to improve the system. Got it!
the basis of my argument is theat everyone claims holdbacks have a huge advantage . I Am simply saying that months do not make much of a difference. People claim the numbers don’t lie ; where are these numbers. Fact is all kids grow at different paces, there are plenty of kids that are younger that play above kids that are older: Bottom line , a kid that is held back a grade does not make him a great athlete or lacrosse player. Plenty of holdbacks that are not that good : plenty of younger boys that are great. Just an excuse and something to complain about.

Page 158 of 262 1 2 156 157 158 159 160 261 262

TRAVEL TEAM TRYOUTS
Title 9 Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Sting Lacrosse Tryouts
Team Superstar Box Lacrosse Tryouts
Team Elevate Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Knights Lacrosse Tryouts
Jester Girls United Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Top Guns Lacrosse Tryouts
Shore 2 Shore Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Legacy Girl's Lacrosse Tryouts
LI Legacy Boy's Lacrosse Tryouts