BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 34 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 33 34
Re: Girls 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Curious - what is your evidence to back up the vague statement you made regarding humility/talent on this specific team? Have you gotten to know each of these players individually? I will make an assumption here and it is a no, which will then lead me back to a previous post by someone that lends credence “Make LAX great again, drain the swamp of such negative parents.”

It’s not the girls, for the most part. The best girls are awesome, as are there parents. It’s the middle packers that tarnish the club. Many of them those girls are either friends and family, or insecure, so they have big mouths. Those mediocre girls are whining floppers, with similar parents. They give a bad name to the club. I know them, and have seen this behavior over several years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again another statement from an angry stage parent. Amazing how all the kids are deemed great when they put on that purple jersey even when they come from YJ.. The last game the teams played as whole teams had a one goal difference . So you are 1 goal better than an untalented team ? Lol. Your a joke. And an old joke at that. White hair and all. If you have such strong feeling, I think you should walk up to any YJ parent and let them know how you feel. IN PERSON. See how that goes.

Maybe he should walk up to the athletic director with the meh daughter who ruined the team? Somebody needs to man up and get the guy out! Members of his own team just like to assume everything will work out, which it is not. YJ in this age group is an embarrassment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious - what is your evidence to back up the vague statement you made regarding humility/talent on this specific team? Have you gotten to know each of these players individually? I will make an assumption here and it is a no, which will then lead me back to a previous post by someone that lends credence “Make LAX great again, drain the swamp of such negative parents.”

It’s not the girls, for the most part. The best girls are awesome, as are there parents. It’s the middle packers that tarnish the club. Many of them those girls are either friends and family, or insecure, so they have big mouths. Those mediocre girls are whining floppers, with similar parents. They give a bad name to the club. I know them, and have seen this behavior over several years.

You've described most clubs right there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this is a true statement...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Curious - what is your evidence to back up the vague statement you made regarding humility/talent on this specific team? Have you gotten to know each of these players individually? I will make an assumption here and it is a no, which will then lead me back to a previous post by someone that lends credence “Make LAX great again, drain the swamp of such negative parents.”

I'm sure the top players are training and continually developing their skills while some of their teammates treat lacrosse as a seasonal sport which isn't the case. The parents like to complain because they believe everyone should get equal play time. You are living in a time where everything is fair and equal everyone gets a trophy. Treat the players fairly not equally. Better players get more play time, if you want more play time train and improve.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I second that . Well said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I second that . Well said

but they are taking up space and that is where I think the resentment lies...get rid of them and you would have a quality program. the next couple of years will be telling...who stays, moves up and who leaves ...it still doesn't matter much now but it will soon and hopefully this nonsense of friends and family stops...but clearly , just by the names on the rosters, it is clearly happening

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Curious - what is your evidence to back up the vague statement you made regarding humility/talent on this specific team? Have you gotten to know each of these players individually? I will make an assumption here and it is a no, which will then lead me back to a previous post by someone that lends credence “Make LAX great again, drain the swamp of such negative parents.”

I'm sure the top players are training and continually developing their skills while some of their teammates treat lacrosse as a seasonal sport which isn't the case. The parents like to complain because they believe everyone should get equal play time. You are living in a time where everything is fair and equal everyone gets a trophy. Treat the players fairly not equally. Better players get more play time, if you want more play time train and improve.

We all hate the YJ but, In 7th Grade, lacrosse should be a seasonal sport.. if your daughter is playing lax 4 seasons a year for the next 6 years.. there is a good chance of burn out.
Now Im not talking about a once a week training or a fall ball tourney.. but you have to let them play other sports, and get good at them... a better alternative to full time lacrosse are the non-sport specific "Speed and Agility" training's popping up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I second that . Well said

but they are taking up space and that is where I think the resentment lies...get rid of them and you would have a quality program. the next couple of years will be telling...who stays, moves up and who leaves ...it still doesn't matter much now but it will soon and hopefully this nonsense of friends and family stops...but clearly , just by the names on the rosters, it is clearly happening

The sibling connection is very strong on the 2023 team want proof look at the 2021 roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The sibling connection is very strong on the 2023 team want proof look at the 2021 roster.

DOES NOT MEAN THEY BELONG

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These comments are so obnoxious on both sides. I hope YOUR dreams of Carolina Blue, Stanford Cardinal, Notre Dame Gold come true for your daughters, but karma has a funny way of flipping the script on life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DOES NOT MEAN THEY BELONG [/q
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I second that . Well said

Does not mean they don't belong either. You typically see entire families of good lacrosse players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These comments are so obnoxious on both sides. I hope YOUR dreams of Carolina Blue, Stanford Cardinal, Notre Dame Gold come true for your daughters, but karma has a funny way of flipping the script on life.

This is true, but you must have a plan. By this age, we all know who the best girls are. They're the ones that when you see them go on the field, you know you need to be extra vigilant. The opposing team double teams and face guards. The majority of these girls will only get better. As long as they have the grades, they will be heading to ND, Ivy, Duke (UNC is not an option for my daughter, although it is a stellar lax program, not up to par academically). Hopefully, if the hard work continues, dreams will come true!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is true, but you must have a plan. By this age, we all know who the best girls are. They're the ones that when you see them go on the field, you know you need to be extra vigilant. The opposing team double teams and face guards. The majority of these girls will only get better. As long as they have the grades, they will be heading to ND, Ivy, Duke (UNC is not an option for my daughter, although it is a stellar lax program, not up to par academically). Hopefully, if the hard work continues, dreams will come true!

"As long as they have the grades, they will be heading to ND, Ivy, Duke (UNC is not an option for my daughter, although it is a stellar lax program, not up to par academically). "

Thank you for making my point. Settle down they are in 7th grade give it a rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DOES NOT MEAN THEY BELONG [/q
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]I second that . Well said

Does not mean they don't belong either. You typically see entire families of good lacrosse players.

Some absolutely, others have no business on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"As long as they have the grades, they will be heading to ND, Ivy, Duke (UNC is not an option for my daughter, although it is a stellar lax program, not up to par academically). "

Thank you for making my point. Settle down they are in 7th grade give it a rest.

So....you don’t think that kids that wind up at Princeton and Harvard weren’t on that trajectory in 7th grade? Wake up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So....you don’t think that kids that wind up at Princeton and Harvard weren’t on that trajectory in 7th grade? Wake up!

Settle down... Please tell me you don't talk like this in open conversation with people... read this statement out loud in your best Thurston Howell III voice... "UNC is not an option for my daughter, although it is a stellar lax program, not up to par academically." Like I said best of luck in your dreams of Crimson and Black and Orange. Be careful with that "trajectory" for 12 year olds. A slight wind can easily change its course.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Settle down... Please tell me you don't talk like this in open conversation with people... read this statement out loud in your best Thurston Howell III voice... "UNC is not an option for my daughter, although it is a stellar lax program, not up to par academically." Like I said best of luck in your dreams of Crimson and Black and Orange. Be careful with that "trajectory" for 12 year olds. A slight wind can easily change its course.

Spot on! Plus, I bet it would put a damper on the parent's PTA meeting bragging if their daughter suddenly vocalized her feelings about what she is looking for in her 4 year college experience and it included a big public university with a major football program...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No worries, your daughter will be calling mine boss, oh wait, she already does!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Settle down mom. Pour another glass of wine and enjoy the snow.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Settle down mom. Pour another glass of wine and enjoy the snow.

I'm enjoying the snow and the ride! Same to you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love these kinds of responses. This is our youngest of three - I wonder where these parents will be in 10 years with this kind of talk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love these kinds of responses. This is our youngest of three - I wonder where these parents will be in 10 years with this kind of talk.

lol these are the no class parents that will be long gone, ...sportsmanship, team building, all what team sports are about are oblivious to this type...it won't be long before all of their obnoxious behavior sends their kids spiraling down...seen it happen many times and its pretty satisfying to watch!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

huh.....where????? what?? did your daughter open up a lemonade stand on your front lawn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, talking about living your pathetic life through your kids. Is it a light laundry day today, so you have time to find value in your life that goes beyond your front door?
This is so precious, making this sort of grand proclamations about 7th graders. I bet you were one of those GS troop leaders that made sure everyone knew about how many badges your precious had and how many cookies she sold. If you were actually out in the world working - you would realize that just because someone is referred to as the boss it does not mean they are the most intellectually acute. Apple tree?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJs are just plain sore losers. It's a shame they just can't admit another team is better than them. All we've heard the past couple of years is how girls would be leaving other clubs to join YJ. Interesting thing is that never happened, the only new "talent" came from 91, a team that yellow jackets themselves has always ridiculed and said were terrible.

It makes sense that 91 players came over .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJs are just plain sore losers. It's a shame they just can't admit another team is better than them. All we've heard the past couple of years is how girls would be leaving other clubs to join YJ. Interesting thing is that never happened, the only new "talent" came from 91, a team that yellow jackets themselves has always ridiculed and said were terrible.

The 2023 group for YJ is different than any other team in the club. The reason is all the top players did not flock to YJ. Was it the age recruiting rule change or another reason? TG and Igloo both have very competitive teams. In years past those girls would have come over to YJ to form a super team. It hasn't happened so for the time being we will have 3 top teams on Island. Enjoy the competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]YJs are just plain sore losers. It's a shame they just can't admit another team is better than them. All we've heard the past couple of years is how girls would be leaving other clubs to join YJ. Interesting thing is that never happened, the only new "talent" came from 91, a team that yellow jackets themselves has always ridiculed and said were terrible.

The 2023 group for YJ is different than any other team in the club. The reason is all the top players did not flock to YJ. Was it the age recruiting rule change or another reason? TG and Igloo both have very competitive teams. In years past those girls would have come over to YJ to form a super team. It hasn't happened so for the time being we will have 3 top teams on Island. Enjoy the competition.

Or it is because the club has been sold to 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, this rumor never goes away. You can go back to BOTC in the very first days, it was the fall of 2010, and you can find this same exact rumor. It pops up year after year. The sale of YJ may some day become reality, but not today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, this rumor never goes away. You can go back to BOTC in the very first days, it was the fall of 2010, and you can find this same exact rumor. It pops up year after year. The sale of YJ may some day become reality, but not today.

You may want to look into it....3.5 mil

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thats cheap

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes that is why Team 91 has taken over the teams, committed YJ players were displaced or didn't even make it. There is no loyalty, but 91 will soon find that out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes that is why Team 91 has taken over the teams, committed YJ players were displaced or didn't even make it. There is no loyalty, but 91 will soon find that out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ya, ok. That would be the initial 15% down payment. But nice try.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on Robinson Sports bringing National Girls Lacrosse League (NGLL) to Long Island. Will teams participate?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Igloo
2. TG
3. YJ
4. Legacy
5. Jesters
6. YJ B

Elevate
Liberty
Empire Nassau
Empire Suffolk
fl$
Blue Devils
ICON
Brookhaven Bandits

I would be game but not sure the clubs would. But for fun what would be the divisions? One big one or a A and B division? I am honestly asking is there another team that could play with the top 6?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Any thoughts on Robinson Sports bringing National Girls Lacrosse League (NGLL) to Long Island. Will teams participate?

It could be a great league on Long Island in this age group. Igloo, TG, YJ, Jesters, Liberty, Elevate. The only way to get better is to play the top teams.
In Maryland its a very competitive league.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Any thoughts on Robinson Sports bringing National Girls Lacrosse League (NGLL) to Long Island. Will teams participate?

It could be a great league on Long Island in this age group. Igloo, TG, YJ, Jesters, Liberty, Elevate. The only way to get better is to play the top teams.
In Maryland its a very competitive league.

The directors of the clubs would never play in the same sandbox

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Maryland they do an A and B division in each age group. It’s a double edge sword. On the one hand it’s great for competition on the other hand it really emphasizes club teams over rec or town teams.

I think the ultimate goal is to have a end of season tournament after all of the summer club tournaments have ended. Tournament would be between the winners/top teams of each NGLL region.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]1. Igloo
2. TG
3. YJ
4. Legacy
5. Jesters
6. YJ B

Elevate
Liberty
Empire Nassau
Empire Suffolk
fl$
Blue Devils
ICON
Brookhaven Bandits

I would be game but not sure the clubs would. But for fun what would be the divisions? One big one or a A and B division? I am honestly asking is there another team that could play with the top 6?

Elevate is better than both YJ b and legacy

Page 25 of 34 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard