BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 35 of 64 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 63 64
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Of course you will! Nice come back. Some of us who have on age kids and don't give a [ChillLaxin] about holdbacks have to listen to your crying on this forum and every other one . No sympathy here for someone who signs up knowing the rules and exact situation then whines about it. Its just like every news channel 24/7 filled with people who want life to be perfect and whine till they get their way. Exactly what we don't teach here.
Please let everyone know what you are doing abut getting the rules changes except crying on an anonymous forum to people that think your just that 'a cry baby'

This guy complaining about holdbacks on every forum definitely has a vag between his legs. My kid is on age and I could give a F about this.

Of course your children are on age! LOL Now tell us how tough they are and how they beat all the small holdbacks! LOL..Hilarious.. Ryan send you here?

Clearly tougher than you and your kid! Did your wife send you here?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course you will! Nice come back. Some of us who have on age kids and don't give a [ChillLaxin] about holdbacks have to listen to your crying on this forum and every other one . No sympathy here for someone who signs up knowing the rules and exact situation then whines about it. Its just like every news channel 24/7 filled with people who want life to be perfect and whine till they get their way. Exactly what we don't teach here.
Please let everyone know what you are doing abut getting the rules changes except crying on an anonymous forum to people that think your just that 'a cry baby'

This guy complaining about holdbacks on every forum definitely has a vag between his legs. My kid is on age and I could give a F about this.

Of course your children are on age! LOL Now tell us how tough they are and how they beat all the small holdbacks! LOL..Hilarious.. Ryan send you here?

It will be easy to spot the holdback whiner in the winter --- pink [ChillLaxin] hat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will be easy to spot the holdback whiner in the winter --- pink [ChillLaxin] hat.

It will be easy to spot the holdback parent who is afraid to have his child compete against on age players. He will be the one who failed reading comprehension and answers another holdback with a holdback excuse! Hilarious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on how the Crabs 2022 team did vs DC and LI Express in Chapel Hill this past weekend? I'm guessing they're improving and will be formidable force this Spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on how the Crabs 2022 team did vs DC and LI Express in Chapel Hill this past weekend? I'm guessing they're improving and will be formidable force this Spring.

Don’t take the bait.....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Every team in the Elite division has holdbacks. If you are going to callout teams you might want to call them all out . Right or wrong the playing field is fair . Every team has them. Every team choose to play in the Elite division and every parent agrees to let their kid play on these teams. Right or wrong its the nature of the beast.

Amazing world where a select group of children are allowed to dominate a sport.

Just like Youth sports was meant to be played, dont you think?

My 8th grade son has played football since he was in kindergarten, wrestles and plays lacrosse for rec and club. I don't remember a year in ANY sport where he didn't play against kids that were potentially a year older than him? In football they are called "OBLs". In wrestling as a 6th grader he faced kids with chest hair that were just super light. In rec lacrosse they typically had 2 years combined at several levels. I just don't see the big deal about a 1 year older hold-back, considering that next year as a freshman in High School, he might be on the same team with Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors? However, if your kid is one of the top players in his position as a 7th grader and now he gets bumped down a few notches because new, older players enter his age group, it does kind of put a damper on your parental bragging rights. I will just tell my 8th grader to go figure out how to kick the 9th graders [ChillLaxin], but that's just me.

You are full of it and miss the point about letting select kids get an advantage others dont get with exact same birthday.

Football is by age. Is there some giant kids yes.. But it goes by age even in the unlimited weights divisions.

Wrestling has age restrictions along with only wrestling someone in a narrow weight range as other wrestler.

Two year age was the way with former lacrosse leagues. Every other year you got to be on older age group. Not every year You get to be the oldest because you were held back.

Youth sports already has many things that give advantage here and there, But to let a select group always get an advantage just because they failed/heldback/reclassed/prefirst a grade goes against Youth sports and its intent. Why not let anyone play down that wants too by one year , that would be better and the same thing that holdbacks get now..lets let everyone do it.... but we know that wouldn't give select kids an advantage??

maybe you dont mind youth sports and lacrosse in general giving special advantages to certain players that others dont get. But the majority think that youth sports isnt for select groups, If you let some get the advantage..all should get it
[/quot

There is a whole forum dedicated for this subject. It was created for these types of discussions. Everyone knows it sucks and until the rules are changed its what everyone has to sign up or not sign up for at this level for this age group in particular. If you sign your kid up to play with holdbacks -which every team has them at the elite level and then come on here to complain ,please take it to the forum set up for you to complain.

Until it's fixed I'll talk about it where I want to.

Stop crying about people who disagree with you...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a holdback whiner. Every three days, let me cut and paste my same snowflake complaint on every single age group forum. Makes me feel like a real social justice warrior, on a keyboard of course because I am too big of a pansy to do anything else about it. Then, wait for opposing opinions and rehash same argument over and over with an ad hominem attack or two. I am not pathetic at all, or at least that is what my mom used to tell me. And oh yeah I never played lax or any other sport a competitive level. I am a holdback whiner, hear me roar.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t take the bait.....

Why did things not go well?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a holdback whiner. Every three days, let me cut and paste my same snowflake complaint on every single age group forum. Makes me feel like a real social justice warrior, on a keyboard of course because I am too big of a pansy to do anything else about it. Then, wait for opposing opinions and rehash same argument over and over with an ad hominem attack or two. I am not pathetic at all, or at least that is what my mom used to tell me. And oh yeah I never played lax or any other sport a competitive level. I am a holdback whiner, hear me roar.

I am a holdback apologist. Every three days, let me cut and paste my same snowflake apologist on every single age group forum. Makes me feel like a real tough guy warrior, on a keyboard of course because I am too big of a pansy to do let my kid play on age. Then, wait for opposing opinions and rehash same argument over and over with an ad hominem attack or two. I am not pathetic at all, or at least that is what my mom used to tell me. And oh yeah I never played lax or any other sport a competitive level. I am a holdback apologist , hear me roar as my 16 year old destroys 14 year olds!! or even better my 12 year old destroy 10 year old children

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am a holdback apologist. Every three days, let me cut and paste my same snowflake apologist on every single age group forum. Makes me feel like a real tough guy warrior, on a keyboard of course because I am too big of a pansy to do let my kid play on age. Then, wait for opposing opinions and rehash same argument over and over with an ad hominem attack or two. I am not pathetic at all, or at least that is what my mom used to tell me. And oh yeah I never played lax or any other sport a competitive level. I am a holdback apologist , hear me roar as my 16 year old destroys 14 year olds!! or even better my 12 year old destroy 10 year old children

Pretty lame response.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Warrior, Under Armour, Nike , Brine, STX 3D, NLF-
Invites, camps, showcases
what is the best this year for 2022?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are all $$$$ grabs. No college coaches care about 2022s with the new rules. None.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are all $$$$ grabs. No college coaches care about 2022s with the new rules. None.

Agreed. Save your money for the summer of 2019....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, you parents of this age group have the advantage of this new rule. The only way these events listed above are good for your son is if you are 100% sure he will be the best player at this event and he really impresses the coaches so much they keep his name in a data base for 2 years. I would take that money and pay a private trainer to work on his weaknesses and have him ready to kick A$$ that sept 1st of 2019.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, you parents of this age group have the advantage of this new rule. The only way these events listed above are good for your son is if you are 100% sure he will be the best player at this event and he really impresses the coaches so much they keep his name in a data base for 2 years. I would take that money and pay a private trainer to work on his weaknesses and have him ready to kick A$$ that sept 1st of 2019.

I agree with most of this as showcase performance for college is still a few years away with the new rules. I hope the organizers of these events realize the need to change the format to allow for teaching and mentoring VS the privilege and honor of paying $700 for $100 worth of gear and a few social media posts. I do think camps have a place as well but IMHO choose a good location and one that friends are attending. I am not a fan of private instruction. This is a game meant to be played with friends and challenge yourself v. peers. Small group clinics work best even for FO and Goalie and some of the best in the world offer these.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with most of this as showcase performance for college is still a few years away with the new rules. I hope the organizers of these events realize the need to change the format to allow for teaching and mentoring VS the privilege and honor of paying $700 for $100 worth of gear and a few social media posts. I do think camps have a place as well but IMHO choose a good location and one that friends are attending. I am not a fan of private instruction. This is a game meant to be played with friends and challenge yourself v. peers. Small group clinics work best even for FO and Goalie and some of the best in the world offer these.

I would like to argue your point of one on one with a trainer for a Middie, attack and Long pole is not a good thing. I think all these boys get tons and tons of 10 V 10 or 7 V 7 reps in a 12 month window. Not very many coaches are going to stop an attackman and talk to him about hand placement during a larger group then 2 or 3. In a one on one setting the coach can talk to your son about if he should be a power dodger or stick to the question mark dodge. If you look at lacrosse like Basketball you can think of two guards one is shooting 45% from 3 and the other has no left hand. Now think about how a hour lesson in a large group compared to one on one with each player wold be set up. My point is the lessons would be geared to each kid in a one on one setting. This is a skill game the more skills you have in your [ChillLaxin] box the lesser a athlete you can be. If you are 6 foot 4 and run a 4.0 flat you will really never need a left hand or 3 to 4 counter moves. But if you are not this big and fast you will need to have all skills mastered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best advice is to go to camps at colleges where your kid is interested in attending.

This is the reccomndation of all coaches now. Very little recruiting is done at "events" and tournaments these days - they are all money grabs.

Coaches want to get to know the kids. Kids should get to know coaches and campus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I am a holdback whiner. Every three days, let me cut and paste my same snowflake complaint on every single age group forum. Makes me feel like a real social justice warrior, on a keyboard of course because I am too big of a pansy to do anything else about it. Then, wait for opposing opinions and rehash same argument over and over with an ad hominem attack or two. I am not pathetic at all, or at least that is what my mom used to tell me. And oh yeah I never played lax or any other sport a competitive level. I am a holdback whiner, hear me roar.

Pretty lame response.[/quote

I can almost hear the "mom, he copied me" cry from you, poor baby, we'll tell him or her to stop

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best advice is to go to camps at colleges where your kid is interested in attending.

This is the reccomndation of all coaches now. Very little recruiting is done at "events" and tournaments these days - they are all money grabs.

Coaches want to get to know the kids. Kids should get to know coaches and campus.

Take that recommendation with a grain of salt. The on campus camps and prospect days put money in the coach's pocket. They will still be at these showcase events, but they aren't focusing on 22s at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take that recommendation with a grain of salt. The on campus camps and prospect days put money in the coach's pocket. They will still be at these showcase events, but they aren't focusing on 22s at this point.

There is D1 DII DIII MCLA coaches looking for players. All have different routes to getting recruits. Going to campus cant hurt if you are interested in school. Certain Showcases are good depending on your ability and what Division you are shooting for. Why go to a top Showcase with mainly D1 coaches when your ability is less. Go to the showcase that is more for D2,D3 players. Most better Clubs are good depending on tournament they attend. So there is no specific way to get recruited. Unless you are a flat out athletic superstar, You got to find your own way thru this mess called recruiting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is this the 2022 forum or the 2023 forum?

Give it time, the 2022 forum will hold itself back and become the 2023 forum.

I thought this was the 2020 forum

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evergreen RR is that are you trolling the boards again?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why play for bottom feeding Cavs when Evergreen is down the road. If anything for better bathrooms. Cavs are you still pissing in the woods?
Cavalier 2022, 2024 and 2026 each won the championship at Colonial Challenge. Not aware of any other club that has successfully won 3 championships at the same tournament. Our boys work very hard and deserve every accolade they get. What an incredible accomplishment. Just saying.

Right. Because that is definitely as impressive as Hawks winning every age at Young Guns last summer. Same talent level at those two tournaments.

Cavs youth teams have never played in an elite tournament. When Cavs scrimmages top programs, they get smoked. For example, Cavs 2023 is by far the best Cavs youth team. This fall, Cav 2023 scrimmaged Next Level and BLC and Cavs got run off the field by over 10 goals both times. I have no problem with Cavs. The 2023 coach is probably one of the best youth coaches in the area. But accept Cavs for what it is, champions of second and third tier tournaments who refuse to step up to the big boy tournaments. Nothing wrong with that. Winning bottom-feeder tournaments helps keep all the Loudoun parents writing checks, and Bruce and Marty to pay for the field in Leesburg.

Why play for bottom feeding Cavs when Evergreen is down the road. If anything for better bathrooms. Cavs are you still pissing in the woods?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavalier 2022, 2024 and 2026 each won the championship at Colonial Challenge. Not aware of any other club that has successfully won 3 championships at the same tournament. Our boys work very hard and deserve every accolade they get. What an incredible accomplishment. Just saying.

Nice try for a fake troll post. Looking to get some negative comments on Cav's. I can see the feeble attempt. If it were a real effort you would mention that the 2023 team also won the championship at the Colonial Challenge. You sir, are not match for the Evergreen troll

Evergreen troll here.
Benefits of Evergreen
1. We take your money and then make it impossible for you to contact us. 2. While bored and drunk at airports we will send blast emails to you and everyone in the league.
3. We promise to regift you sales and marketing items - here is your pen
4. Classroom training guaranteed to make you feel like you are sitting in a dorm room.
5. We care about feelings, player evals we will tell you and your player the same thing we told the last kid - go play wall ball and show us the money
6. We will enter tournaments that will push your holdback to run and cradle at the same time.
7. Honestly its all about the money.
8. If your son is good, he would probably be even better playing for the Cavs

BTW your uniforms were never ordered. We used your uniform money to pay for our vacation. Here is an $8 practice game jersey. Go Evergreen. $$$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Warrior, Under Armour, Nike , Brine, STX 3D, NLF-

They are all $$$$ grabs. No college coaches care about 2022s with the new rules

Not true. My 2022 son comitted as a 7th grader before the rule change. If your son was any good or a 3rd year holdback he would have comitted as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team in the Elite division has holdbacks. If you are going to callout teams you might want to call them all out . Right or wrong the playing field is fair . Every team has them. Every team choose to play in the Elite division and every parent agrees to let their kid play on these teams. Right or wrong its the nature of the beast.

My 8th grade son has played football since he was in kindergarten, wrestles and plays lacrosse for rec and club. I don't remember a year in ANY sport where he didn't play against kids that were potentially a year older than him? In football they are called "OBLs". In wrestling as a 6th grader he faced kids with chest hair that were just super light. In rec lacrosse they typically had 2 years combined at several levels. I just don't see the big deal about a 1 year older hold-back, considering that next year as a freshman in High School, he might be on the same team with Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors? However, if your kid is one of the top players in his position as a 7th grader and now he gets bumped down a few notches because new, older players enter his age group, it does kind of put a damper on your parental bragging rights. I will just tell my 8th grader to go figure out how to kick the 9th graders [ChillLaxin], but that's just me.

No one has ever said that a kid can not overcome the holdbacks he is playing with. But just using the life is not fair work harder speech does not make the kids who reclass or play down or PG not cheaters. I tell my son life is not fair work harder and do your best to out preform the kids who have parents cheating for them. There have been several articles written about how kids with birthdays that allow them to be the oldest on the team end up playing in the Pros more often. Lacrosse does not have a real Pro option but the facts still apply to lacrosse. And a sport like lacrosse that has a large skill level aspect the year longer of playing the game allows these kids to out preform the younger kids at a large rate. Because what I read on here over and over again is if you are not good enough "Hit the Wall" well if a kid has been hitting the wall for 18 months longer then the other kids he will be by rule a better lacrosse player. And doing simple math he will always have 18 months longer of "hitting the wall" to help his game.

Very legitimate argument and well stated point. The point I was trying to make was not so much to deny that advantage that some may get, but to point out that from 8th grade on, they are going to play with multiple age groups at a time anyway. If your kid is a Sophomore playing with Freshman who are really Sophomores, or a Senior playing with Juniors that are really Seniors, or an 18 year old playing against a 19 year old, is it really going to keep them from playing in college if they are great players? If you look at D1 rosters there are tons of public school kids who didn't reclass. I personally just don't see it as being a huge advantage. At least not to the point where people are ready to trade blows over the argument. I didn't reclass and had no issues getting recruited from East BF country public school back in the early 90s. We didn't have clubs, recruiting showcases, kids national teams and all the opportunities kids from 8th grade up now have to strut their skills and there were a lot less positions to fill. We went to Hopkins camp and played Hero's in the summer. It was fun.

If everyone reclasses whats the point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team in the Elite division has holdbacks. If you are going to callout teams you might want to call them all out . Right or wrong the playing field is fair . Every team has them. Every team choose to play in the Elite division and every parent agrees to let their kid play on these teams. Right or wrong its the nature of the beast.

No one has ever said that a kid can not overcome the holdbacks he is playing with. But just using the life is not fair work harder speech does not make the kids who reclass or play down or PG not cheaters. I tell my son life is not fair work harder and do your best to out preform the kids who have parents cheating for them. There have been several articles written about how kids with birthdays that allow them to be the oldest on the team end up playing in the Pros more often. Lacrosse does not have a real Pro option but the facts still apply to lacrosse. And a sport like lacrosse that has a large skill level aspect the year longer of playing the game allows these kids to out preform the younger kids at a large rate. Because what I read on here over and over again is if you are not good enough "Hit the Wall" well if a kid has been hitting the wall for 18 months longer then the other kids he will be by rule a better lacrosse player. And doing simple math he will always have 18 months longer of "hitting the wall" to help his game.

Very legitimate argument and well stated point. The point I was trying to make was not so much to deny that advantage that some may get, but to point out that from 8th grade on, they are going to play with multiple age groups at a time anyway. If your kid is a Sophomore playing with Freshman who are really Sophomores, or a Senior playing with Juniors that are really Seniors, or an 18 year old playing against a 19 year old, is it really going to keep them from playing in college if they are great players? If you look at D1 rosters there are tons of public school kids who didn't reclass. I personally just don't see it as being a huge advantage. At least not to the point where people are ready to trade blows over the argument. I didn't reclass and had no issues getting recruited from East BF country public school back in the early 90s. We didn't have clubs, recruiting showcases, kids national teams and all the opportunities kids from 8th grade up now have to strut their skills and there were a lot less positions to fill. We went to Hopkins camp and played Hero's in the summer. It was fun.

If everyone reclasses whats the point?

That is the point and will be as time goes on except for a few manchild players. Sad state for a non money sport .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If everyone reclasses whats the point?[/quote]

This here's a Crabs parent. You've played for the rest, now play for the best. Respect all, but fear none. Crabs nation likes cliches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was true back in the U13 & U15 days of old!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We all hope the Crabs 2022 will be more competitive than the past few years. At the very least beat up 91 and FCA once or twice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who will be the top team in Baltimore this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a guess;
Koopers
Crabs
FCA
91Md

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a guess;
Koopers
Crabs
FCA
91Md

Nope

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a guess;
Koopers
Crabs
FCA
91Md

Nope

Yep! Out of these the team with most holdbacks is the winner in Balt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a guess;
Koopers
Crabs
FCA
91Md

Nope

Not if the TX and CA guest players have anything to say about that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a guess;
Koopers
Crabs
FCA
91Md

Nope

It has been 9-1MD/Breakers for the past 4 years. I'm not expecting any changes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a guess;
Koopers
Crabs
FCA
91Md

Nope

It has been 9-1MD/Breakers for the past 4 years. I'm not expecting any changes.

Crabs has kids from TX and CA also. Why is Koopers on this list? Those kids are only playing 2022 for HoCo for the Dukes team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a guess;
Koopers
Crabs
FCA
91Md

Nope

Darn! Didnt think of that. Guest Players,Prefirsts,reclass,Holdbacks and the King of Jungle..Double Holdback..... Hard to keep up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Md even though they were horrible in HOCO league last year. The summer was a bit better
Curious to see new Koopers team in action.( not the Dukes team).
Crabs and FCA are much better from a year ago.

Hawks and DCE looked very good this fall and will be hard to beat.
Will be fun to watch this spring. League is stacked from top to bottom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Md even though they were horrible in HOCO league last year. The summer was a bit better
Curious to see new Koopers team in action.( not the Dukes team).
Crabs and FCA are much better from a year ago.

Hawks and DCE looked very good this fall and will be hard to beat.
Will be fun to watch this spring. League is stacked from top to bottom.

Why do you folks think there is a new koopers team? The 2022 kids that have been playing up are not joining the Koopers 2022 team.

Page 35 of 64 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard