BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
(NA) Re: Boys 2019 - 11th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
There is no doubt that not every 2019 will be picked up immediately but I know for a fact that several players were in correspondence with coaches right before the rule was implemented so contingent on the the player, a lot of them will have the opportunity to commit right away and believe it or not, there is a lot of back door talk where players have been communicating with their respective coaches and already know who wants them come Sept 1.

On the other hand, there are certainly players who coaches want to see again in November during the 'evaluation' period so you will also see a lot of commits in between September 1st and right before Thanksgiving.

Lastly, just because a 2019 doesn't go in the Fall doesn't mean he won't go D1 - I just had one of my guys who is a 2018 grad just commit to a D1 program 3 days ago...some schools are more cautious and some schools just purely wait until the Summer of their Junior year (i.e. Stony Brook) to make their decisions.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where is this demand going to come from? Most programs are full, or are close to full at '19.

This is not true. You should take a closer look.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A question while this subject is top of blog. Will the college coaches and people that run showcase events change their policies and begin including rising seniors in the groups that they invite to their events? For example, will Maverick Showtime move from inviting rising 9th, 10th and 11th graders to now include rising 10th, 11th and 12th graders? That might not be the best example to use but you get the gist of what I am asking. Most events, including prospect days, do not include rising seniors.

TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
A question while this subject is top of blog. Will the college coaches and people that run showcase events change their policies and begin including rising seniors in the groups that they invite to their events? For example, will Maverick Showtime move from inviting rising 9th, 10th and 11th graders to now include rising 10th, 11th and 12th graders? That might not be the best example to use but you get the gist of what I am asking. Most events, including prospect days, do not include rising seniors.

I personally do not think Maverik Showtime will be I think you will see less rising 9th and more rising 12th than anything, especially after a year or two once the 'early commits' fade away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, any news on the commitment front?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just keep your eye on Back of the Cage. They are rolling in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just checked Ty's twitter and nothing is real happening

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The calls are happening. My son and teammates have had calls today. Ty may not start sending updates until later in the day. Some of them are showing up on laxpower.com

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot are calling and sending emails wanting to get kids on campus. Not so much offering them a spot and money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Over 400 in this class are already committed. This day will be more and more intense over the coming years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, did anyone get the "we aren't interested any more" from the coach they were committed to?

TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I know of a few players who have gotten that type of phone call...this is a grueling process and no one is safe until you sign that N.L.I in November of your Senior year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes, we got a lot of emails indicating interest. Almost all are asking the player to participate in prospect camp. I think this is a good idea. The student should visit the school to make sure it's a good fit and the coaches get to see the player in their controlled environment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well looky looky Back of the Cage is actually posting commits. Its in the news section

http://www.backofthecage.com/viewpost.php?id=26

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Dodgers and Bluefish now synonymous/interchangeble or one organization at this point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Dodgers and Bluefish now synonymous/interchangeble or one organization at this point

Yes & no

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes & no

Same as Jesters, True Blue and Revolution too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, The Jesters were bought out by 91 and Revolution folded but the players went over to the Dodgers which is now owned by Bluefish

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, The Jesters were bought out by 91 and Revolution folded but the players went over to the Dodgers which is now owned by Bluefish

I think they were being sarcastic, because the 2019 team left the jesters for True Blue then left True Blue for Revolution........

Re: Boys 2019 - 11th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is not lying 2 dads ran that program for a few years now so come on! Everyone knows it. 1 dad was involved with jesters and true blue and everything he had been involved with dismantled. why?? lol always about my son was cut.

Wrong......,Are you saying those clubs folded cause of those guys? Jesters had a 2019 team for several more years before they blew up, same with True Blue. They did have a lot of sway with Revolution but Iwner had money Issues and put team in a bad spot. luckily they saw that SD and MM were motivated and willing to do right by the kids so they helped Dodgers get going and Sd and MM now have a real good team and ow they are are only parents. Like em’ or not they seemed like they were tried do best they could and team was good. Maybe they saw d writing on wall and left those programs for good reason......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is not lying 2 dads ran that program for a few years now so come on! Everyone knows it. 1 dad was involved with jesters and true blue and everything he had been involved with dismantled. why?? lol always about my son was cut.

Wrong......,Are you saying those clubs folded cause of those guys? Jesters had a 2019 team for several more years before they blew up, same with True Blue. They did have a lot of sway with Revolution but Iwner had money Issues and put team in a bad spot. luckily they saw that SD and MM were motivated and willing to do right by the kids so they helped Dodgers get going and Sd and MM now have a real good team and ow they are are only parents. Like em’ or not they seemed like they were tried do best they could and team was good. Maybe they saw d writing on wall and left those programs for good reason......

Nice try spinning that but the first post is more accurate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes we get it, you don't like those guys. But let me clear things up hopefully once and for all. I have been with those guys since 3rd grade. Not once did the team dismantle, they all left together to go to another program-FACT. They left each time because that team helped build jesters and true blue and both programs went ahead and raised the tuition by 30% and they wanted to keep things affordable for us parents-The nerve of these guys trying to do the right thing. I actually left to go to another program thinking my son would get more because of their name and what I found out was the other programs were all just about the $$$. I am happy to say that we rejoined the team and my family and son couldn't be happier.

Go ahead and say something different but if you ask any of the parents that have been with those teams they will all confirm the same story.

Its the boys last year, let them and the parents enjoy.

We wish you and your son good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes we get it, you don't like those guys. But let me clear things up hopefully once and for all. I have been with those guys since 3rd grade. Not once did the team dismantle, they all left together to go to another program-FACT. They left each time because that team helped build jesters and true blue and both programs went ahead and raised the tuition by 30% and they wanted to keep things affordable for us parents-The nerve of these guys trying to do the right thing. I actually left to go to another program thinking my son would get more because of their name and what I found out was the other programs were all just about the $$$. I am happy to say that we rejoined the team and my family and son couldn't be happier.

Go ahead and say something different but if you ask any of the parents that have been with those teams they will all confirm the same story.

Its the boys last year, let them and the parents enjoy.

We wish you and your son good luck!

Did you really just write that as you if were not realizing that you are part of "those guys"?

Just think about the wake of trouble they left behind every step of the way.

These parents want to hold all the cards and make all the decisions not based on whats best for the team but rather their own kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why 91 Orange not do any real recruiting events this Fall? Have not seen them at anything this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess I am part of the problem also, because I am also looking out for my son and those teams he has been playing on have helped him tremendously(met good friends, played competitive lacrosse, having fun)

Once again, focus on your kid and his team and don't worry about us. We are happy and know everything that has gone on and we are not going anywhere.

Happy Holidays!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because almost all are committed to great schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this reply was to why 91 Orange hasn't done any events this fall. Why a team as good as they are and with the athletes they have dont play just to keep sharp. High school ball is one thing but playing in elite level tournaments vs other elite teams is the only way to keep getting better. Also there are a few players on that team that are not committed yet. I know because I have a friends on the team. The team is not doing the right thing by the players that are not committed. This seems to be the norm for 91. Once their chosen ones are committed everyone else is left to fend for themselves. Happened on the 2018 team also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this reply was to why 91 Orange hasn't done any events this fall. Why a team as good as they are and with the athletes they have dont play just to keep sharp. High school ball is one thing but playing in elite level tournaments vs other elite teams is the only way to keep getting better. Also there are a few players on that team that are not committed yet. I know because I have a friends on the team. The team is not doing the right thing by the players that are not committed. This seems to be the norm for 91. Once their chosen ones are committed everyone else is left to fend for themselves. Happened on the 2018 team also.

They did one thing right... they got your friends money for the last 10 years! Great business model.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did one thing right... they got your friends money for the last 10 years! Great business model.

Well, your right about that, but hey most of the kids are committed on the 2019 Orange team and then thats money well spent. Counting my friends expendable income is funny and I am sure he doesnt mind the drop in the bucket he spent to help his kid get into a great school. The players that are not committed are usually the kids that are on the team because of a favor or two. So to complain a few of the weaker kids are not committed is silly. If over 90% of the team is committed thats great and kudos to those who are committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2 goalies and 2 attack on that team haven't committed. Funny even the white team has 6 or 7 div 1 commits. So you are saying 91 doesn't care about the other boys? your wrong. And many more on white will commit to div 1 either end of fall or next summer. So 91 at the 2019 level already has 25 or 26 div 1 commits. Not too shabby.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2 goalies and 2 attack on that team haven't committed. Funny even the white team has 6 or 7 div 1 commits. So you are saying 91 doesn't care about the other boys? your wrong. And many more on white will commit to div 1 either end of fall or next summer. So 91 at the 2019 level already has 25 or 26 div 1 commits. Not too shabby.

Which post are you replying to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A troll who has no idea what he is posting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which post are you replying to.

I think he was replying to the 91 Orange team post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the orange post. Because someone was boasting about 91only cares about the chosen ones. When in fact not true. Was pointing out the 2019 group as a whole. That 91 has done right by both teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, the orange post. Because someone was boasting about 91only cares about the chosen ones. When in fact not true. Was pointing out the 2019 group as a whole. That 91 has done right by both teams.

Yes it seems they have done far better then some other programs for the '19s. Additionally I believe the players on orange were also pivotal on their HS football teams, many which made it deep into playoffs interfering with fall lax. So please dont say they left a few behind, im sure there is lots in the works for those. Wasnt there a 91 HS team made for those not committed. Your good regardless of your teammates. I also thought 91O had 2 committed attack (Hofstra /Duke) and 91 19s have a few others as far as committed goalies (UMBC and Yale). Im sure the other one is on the cusp.

Why bust on 91, what has some other clubs done for their teams top or secondary?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UMBC and Yale are from the 2019 white team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally cheating going on by Madlax 2019 in this Naptown final vs Team 91. Several 2018 players on that Madlax team. Total cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those kid(s) are doing PG years so it is ok for them to play with the 2019 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 going downhill, whining brats who deserved what they got. Losers!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t you know there are no age limits in Lacrosse?? Wait till u get to college and the average freshman age is 20. Please stop, this is what you all wanted. I’m sure there are a bunch of hold backs on your 91 team too. In fact I’m certain of it. So stop complaining and face the fact that you lost fair and square.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard