BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 35 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 34 35
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No one is defending the guy running the program, attack him if you feel the need to vent.

Just stop attacking the kids with lies and being a hypocrite. Did BL respect the game at Liberty Shootout?

Yup, look at the scores we don't consider our selves a National Team. I know that our team was appropriately placed and we didn't win every division we entered. You might want to look at what your Jersey says on the front. Admit it there is no excuse for a National Team to be playing on grade at Victory. We only have Philly kids not sure about other Philly teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2023 Dukes Team is Playing in Tampa in late December; does anyone know what other teams will be represented at the (lacrosse)'s Sporting Goods Tampa Tournament?

The tournament is a joke...maybe 1/2 good teams (not including Dukes) in each age group the rest of the teams are a waste of time to even play. The tournament is a money grab, teams can play better teams in local Philly tournaments. Spend the 5 grand to go and win three games by 10-15 goals each, complete waste of time and money but Dukes management likes the free vacation each year so they play in the "National" tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sure there are 3 or 4 National teams, but there are also top level tournaments with LI Express, Primetime , Team 91, etc. If you continue to play in Low A tournaments like Victory and NXT, then don't walk around declaring you are the greatest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple excuse. No one gets paid if they don’t play.

No one is defending the guy running the program, attack him if you feel the need to vent.

Just stop attacking the kids with lies and being a hypocrite. Did BL respect the game at Liberty Shootout?

Yup, look at the scores we don't consider our selves a National Team. I know that our team was appropriately placed and we didn't win every division we entered. You might want to look at what your Jersey says on the front. Admit it there is no excuse for a National Team to be playing on grade at Victory. We only have Philly kids not sure about other Philly teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very respectful 12-0, 8-1,12-0 appropriately placed?

https://www.tourneymachine.com/publ...nament=h201706061458393740d462f1cb0fc4b#

BL Hypocrite

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very respectful 12-0, 8-1,12-0 appropriately placed?

https://www.tourneymachine.com/publ...nament=h201706061458393740d462f1cb0fc4b#

BL Hypocrite

Anyone can pick random scores from pool play to help make your pitiful case seem better. Thanks for including the link look at the club as a whole and then compare that to what Dukes Nationals did as a whole at Victory. Not to mention this happens in pool play all the time. My kid has been with BL since the beginning and blowin teams out unfortunately is the norm for a lot of clubs not just in tourney pool play. Look at other tourney machines and you will see the same disparity in scores not just our club but most better clubs. Look at hogan s NXT etc. Poole play blowouts are th norm but look at the championship score and that will tell you if you Were in the right bracket why don’t you include that link from Victory, Bottom line you guys were in the wrong your just in denial. When one of our teams thumped you with a -0- goals scored were we in the wrong bracket?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the link. Our 2023 Zeus team went 3-0 against Dukes Nationals, BBL, and Looneys.

We beat:
BBL 12-3
Dukes Nationals 5-0
Looney's 5-1

For the record our coach is a honorable guy and didn't run up the score it could have been worse. But nobody accused us of being in the wrong bracket, why? Let me answer for you my dimwitted friend, that is because the three teams we played are all top notch competition, there in lies the difference.

http://www.tourneymachine.com/Publi...;IDTeam=h2016101910453666234cbfdbca89b4b

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is the link. Our 2023 Zeus team went 3-0 against Dukes Nationals, BBL, and Looneys.

We beat:
BBL 12-3
Dukes Nationals 5-0
Looney's 5-1

For the record our coach is a honorable guy and didn't run up the score it could have been worse. But nobody accused us of being in the wrong bracket, why? Let me answer for you my dimwitted friend, that is because the three teams we played are all top notch competition, there in lies the difference.

Who cares about 2016, we didn't start holding our kids back until 2017.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is this relevant to being accused of being in the wrong bracket at Liberty in 2017?

You beat:
Freedom White 12-0
NXT 8-1
Black Widow 12-0

all top notch competition?

We beat:
BBL 12-3
Dukes Nationals 5-0
Looney's 5-1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is this relevant to being accused of being in the wrong bracket at Liberty in 2017?

You beat:
Freedom White 12-0
NXT 8-1
Black Widow 12-0

all top notch competition?

We beat:
BBL 12-3
Dukes Nationals 5-0
Looney's 5-1

My goodness you are beyond dimwitted. I was providing similar scores to what occurred at Victory per your scoring examples. Victory and Liberty are both local tournaments that nobody is going to mistake for top notch elite tournaments. Yet we weren't accused of what you are being accused of at Victory.

Let me dumb this down for you into mental [ChillLaxin] equations.

Victory = Local Tournament = National Team (DUKES) Participates without Playing UP = Blows Out everyone
Liberty = Local Tournament = Local Team (BL) plays ON Grade = Wins some Lose Some Blow out Some.

Don't make me break out the Lincoln Logs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are being accused of it, and your response is we aren’t being accused?

Please defend your position of playing 2023 on grade at Liberty against:

Freedom B
NXT
Black Widow
Highlanders
And your own B team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Freedom B
NXT
Black Widow
Highlanders
And your own B team

Dude I don’t make those decisions our 2023 is excellent we all went to the same tournament several of our teams did great others did not you are looking at it micro I am looking at it macro but that concept is clearly beyond your mental capacity. More simply put how did Dukes do as a whole at Victory that is macro so you don’t have to google it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Here is the link. Our 2023 Zeus team went 3-0 against Dukes Nationals, BBL, and Looneys.

We beat:
BBL 12-3
Dukes Nationals 5-0
Looney's 5-1

What a joke, top notch competition, all three of those team are terrible..specially Dukes...get a clue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to break it to you, she only told you it was macro to make you feel better.

Stop making excuses for BL they did the same thing that dukes did.

Freedom B
NXT
Black Widow
Highlanders
And your own B team

Dude I don’t make those decisions our 2023 is excellent we all went to the same tournament several of our teams did great others did not you are looking at it micro I am looking at it macro but that concept is clearly beyond your mental capacity. More simply put how did Dukes do as a whole at Victory that is macro so you don’t have to google it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Sorry to break it to you, she only told you it was macro to make you feel better.

Stop making excuses for BL they did the same thing that dukes did.

Ud duh. Hey Nimrod. I knew I would have to break out the Lincoln Logs just for you.

Brotherly Love= LOCAL TEAM
Dukes National=NATIOAL TEAM

The only thing that is truly going to be funny is watching BL kick your [ChillLaxin] at the National Game. The coaches were talking about it this weekend at tryouts and you want to talk about even better... There were Dukes Nationals players there and they ain't coming back (nor did they paint a good picture of their experience at Dukes Nationals)....I am willing to bet more Dukes Nationals kids were at our tryouts than BL kids at the Dukes tryouts....too funny considering Dukes has been around of years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes has jumped the shark, at one time they were the leading club in Philly but with the addition/failure of new franchises the last few years (Dukes South, Dukes North, Dukes mainline, Dukes nationals, Dukes twist, Dukes Virginia and Dukes young guns) they have over saturated the market with the Dukes franchise name and are looking more like a money hungry machine instead of the great travel lacrosse program it once was. The kids are seeing it as well and playing for other local teams that are offering better coaching and team consistency. I wish Dukes the best but it's time has come and gone...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes Nationals MiniCamp is a disgrace. Unprofessional, Unsafe, NO evaluation at all. 4 inches of snow. Can't see white balls, feet and hands frost bitten and right next door to an indoor facility. G just too cheap to pay or just too stupid and totally unprepared.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This statement is 100% accurate. Shameful display of greed and ignorance!

Dukes Nationals MiniCamp is a disgrace. Unprofessional, Unsafe, NO evaluation at all. 4 inches of snow. Can't see white balls, feet and hands frost bitten and right next door to an indoor facility. G just too cheap to pay or just too stupid and totally unprepared.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See you at the next one!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your poor reputation is surfacing quickly. The karma bus is coming for you G......beep beep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude the Karma bus is actually coming for you!
Your poor reputation is surfacing quickly. The karma bus is coming for you G......beep beep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And yet our cleats have never been cleaner!

And most of the balls were pink.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not many 22's @ minicamps the parents all starting to realize it's all a money grab for G. Every minicamp is the same never changes some old drills. No real evaluations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a usual Dukes Nationals Mini camp, pay to much money for some hyped up drills to get absolutely nothing out of it. The players NEVER get evaluations at any level, the coaches have no clue and G does the depth charts to his own liking, no actual discussion of the players with the coaches. Better off spending the money on some real one on one training with an actual coach who cares and is not only worrying about his bottom line...the money as in Duke Nationals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See you at the next one!

NO, you won't!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See you at the next one!

NO, you won't!!

My son plays for the Dukes National Team and in all honesty Saturday was embarrassing and there were more than a few parents upset about the arrangements. That was no more than a money maker based on the conditions these kids were asked to play in; what real evaluations could have been accomplished?? With all the money being shelled out for the mini-camps you would think an indoor facility; like the one 50 feet away could have been obtained. Shame on you Dukes!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See you at the next one!

NO, you won't!!

My son plays for the Dukes National Team and in all honesty Saturday was embarrassing and there were more than a few parents upset about the arrangements. That was no more than a money maker based on the conditions these kids were asked to play in; what real evaluations could have been accomplished?? With all the money being shelled out for the mini-camps you would think an indoor facility; like the one 50 feet away could have been obtained. Shame on you Dukes!!

Agree, completely. Parents are starting to see the real picture, the money making mini-camps along with the coaching changes at the 2023 team, parents are starting to rethink this investment in time/ money and were talking about it Saturday at the mini camp. Why would any team change coaches that the players really like, learn from and want to play for with No notification. I would not be surprised if most of the current 2023 team left because of that change, very unhappy parents and players...Way to go Dukes Nationals!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did it suck to play in the snow? Yes!
Did everyone get cold? Yes!
Did the kids play to their potential while slipping in the snow? No way!

Was the indoor facility available for rental? I have no idea. That building looked pretty closed. FWIW, if you go on the Coppermine web site, the indoor facility costs less to rent than that field (although Dukes may have gotten the field for nothing given the conditions.) It's probably not easy to rent an indoor facility at the last minute.

Most mini camps are pretty positive and provide excellent training. This one just separated the frostbitten from the non-frostbitten.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also, the "New" 2023 coach wasn't even there. How has a new coach every month worked for the 2024s? Total joke and waste of time!

See you at the next one!

NO, you won't!!

Agree, completely. Parents are starting to see the real picture, the money making mini-camps along with the coaching changes at the 2023 team, parents are starting to rethink this investment in time/ money and were talking about it Saturday at the mini camp. Why would any team change coaches that the players really like, learn from and want to play for with No notification. I would not be surprised if most of the current 2023 team left because of that change, very unhappy parents and players...Way to go Dukes Nationals!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was the indoor facility available for rental? I have no idea. That building looked pretty closed. FWIW, if you go on the Coppermine web site, the indoor facility costs less to rent than that field (although Dukes may have gotten the field for nothing given the conditions.) It's probably not easy to rent an indoor facility at the last minute.

Most mini camps are pretty positive and provide excellent training. This one just separated the frostbitten from the non-frostbitten.

Then the right thing to do was to cancel it; do you really think evaluations occurred? Very disappointed in my own club!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then the right thing to do was to cancel it; do you really think evaluations occurred? Very disappointed in my own club!!

Not to mention none of the kids got anything out of it for their travels, aside from lining your pockets G

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure, but when could they have made the call? When Loyola backed out at 1pm? Not a big deal for the folks driving down from Philly or the local MD and VA kids, but what about the families from CT, NY, NC and CA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Dukes cancelled then how would we get refunds? Not a word about the coaching change either...hmmm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an idea, dont schedule a mini camp outdoors in December. Be prepared, book indoor time for December.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is an idea, dont schedule a mini camp outdoors in December. Be prepared, book indoor time for December.

That was my point exactly!! Again being a member of this club I expect more from the leadership. Indoor facilities in the winter months; not too difficult.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless bridges were burned, or bills not paid, and nobody will rent to the organization. Just food for thought, it happened before at The Rink up in Lehigh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When my kid played on 2024 dukes, it took 5 minicamps of his not attending before he was removed from depth chart, and I mean he was still above the travel line!!! There are no evaluations, it's coaches flavor of the month...and not for nothing who the heck would drive their kid several hours to attend an outside practice in the middle of December, what were you expecting palm trees and coconut cocktails on the sidelines, shame on you for throwing away your money to an organization that doesn't give a sh** about you or your kid..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well at least Dukes Nationals will be wining in Sunny Florida at the D - Tournament of Champions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When my kid played on 2024 dukes, it took 5 minicamps of his not attending before he was removed from depth chart, and I mean he was still above the travel line!!! There are no evaluations, it's coaches flavor of the month...and not for nothing who the heck would drive their kid several hours to attend an outside practice in the middle of December, what were you expecting palm trees and coconut cocktails on the sidelines, shame on you for throwing away your money to an organization that doesn't give a sh** about you or your kid..

5 minicamps to be removed from the depth chart? He must have been a heck of a player on the 2024 team. The Dukes Nationals 2024 Team will dominate in Florida no question.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well at least Dukes Nationals will be wining in Sunny Florida at the D - Tournament of Champions.

I would not be so sure my friend

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 35 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard