BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Re: Boys 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you're talking club in 10th grade your son must play for an awful HS program.

He has a point . . . .

Really? When’s the last time you saw dozens of college recruiters at a high school lax game? Doesn’t happen because seasons overlap. Want to get seen, get on a decent club team that attends showcase tournaments.

If you've never seen college coaches at your sons HS game.......................he must play for an awful program.

College coaches are going to a handful of HS games and for a very select few High Schools. Are you saying 95% of all HS lacrosse programs are awful?

If no college coaches are at your HS games...draw your own conclusions. My sons HS team has at least 5 per game if not more. So if you look around and no coaches.,.your probably not a very good program, therefore Club is your only option.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5+ college coaches at every HS games? Name the high school.
Been to many high school games at some of the best schools in the country and it is rare to see 5+ coaches at a game with the exception of a championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been to many high school games at some of the best schools in the country and it is rare to see 5+ coaches at a game with the exception of a championship.

Agree and the chances are the kid they are looking at also plays club lacrosse and they are watching him there. For most of us, we choose to live in a town for various reasons such as good school for academics, easy commute for parents, convenience, etc. Unfortunately, lacrosse is not usually the reason. If it is then I hope it works out for your children but it's probably not the best reason to pick the town. This excludes discussions about private schools and this is not a debate about public vs. private.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree and the chances are the kid they are looking at also plays club lacrosse and they are watching him there. For most of us, we choose to live in a town for various reasons such as good school for academics, easy commute for
parents, convenience, etc. Unfortunately, lacrosse is not usually the reason. If it is then I hope it works out for your children but it's probably not the best reason to pick the town. This excludes discussions about private schools and this is not a debate about public vs. private.

I won’t name the school other than to say Nassau powerhouse. As stated, if you don’t see college coaches at your sons HS games weak program. How about YOU tell me what program your son plays for? Then we can all discuss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree and the chances are the kid they are looking at also plays club lacrosse and they are watching him there. For most of us, we choose to live in a town for various reasons such as good school for academics, easy commute for parents, convenience, etc. Unfortunately, lacrosse is not usually the reason. If it is then I hope it works out for your children but it's probably not the best reason to pick the town. This excludes discussions about private schools and this is not a debate about public vs. private.

Many of the top lax programs also are within top schools, especially in Class C. EG, if you chose to live in CSH or LV for lax, would you consider that a concession for education and/or locale? (I will concede the commute from these two are not "optimal". ) How about Manhasset or Garden City or Hewlett in Class B? Class A is a different story. And that's just Nassau.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5+ coaches at a high school game in the middle of the week in April and EVERY game of the season? Not buying it. Stay away from the tailgates next season and hopefully you can see better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many of the top lax programs also are within top schools, especially in Class C. EG, if you chose to live in CSH or LV for lax, would you consider that a concession for education and/or locale? (I will concede the commute from these two are not "optimal". ) How about Manhasset or Garden City or Hewlett in Class B? Class A is a different story. And that's just Nassau.

Very happy you can afford to live in these areas. I still don't believe 5+ college coaches are going to every game or even a few games for all the schools you mention. I have no doubt there are college coaches or representatives of the college at some games. Be realistic and admit the most consistent and competitive lacrosse is not at the HS level and is still at the premier club tournaments, individual showcases and college prospect days. I have no factual evidence to back this statement up but I doubt there is any kid that foregoes club lacrosse and only plays HS lacrosse that is heavily recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup. Denver coach Bill Tierney said at a showcase we attended that the best way to have your kid seen is to attend showcases, prospect days and share highlight reels. The college coaches and their staff are too busy with their own teams during the spring season. And you better have grades.

Very happy you can afford to live in these areas. I still don't believe 5+ college coaches are going to every game or even a few games for all the schools you mention. I have no doubt there are college coaches or representatives of the college at some games. Be realistic and admit the most consistent and competitive lacrosse is not at the HS level and is still at the premier club tournaments, individual showcases and college prospect days. I have no factual evidence to back this statement up but I doubt there is any kid that foregoes club lacrosse and only plays HS lacrosse that is heavily recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5+ coaches at a high school game in the middle of the week in April and EVERY game of the season? Not buying it. Stay away from the tailgates next season and hopefully you can see better.

Hmmmmmm, sons not playing Varsity is he? On a mediocre to bad program no less. Buy whatever you want, but it's obvious your sons HS program is weak and he's not even at the Varsity level. Speaks volumes. Open your eyes and get the kid a baseball glove.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5+ coaches at EVERY HS game in the height of the NCAA season. Laughable!!! But hey keep believing that and make sure you wear a button with your sons # and bring those coaches some cookies so they know who you are.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When all of those coaches are at all of the games make sure you are still coaching from the sidelines like you have done for all of juniors career and yell his name as loud as possible every time he makes a great play. All of those coaches at every game love to see that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup. Denver coach Bill Tierney said at a showcase we attended that the best way to have your kid seen is to attend showcases, prospect days and share highlight reels. The college coaches and their staff are too busy with their own teams during the spring season. And you better have grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tierney doesn’t know squat or how to recruit. After all he has only won a few national championships. Nassau powerhouse daddy is the expert.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tierney doesn’t know squat or how to recruit. After all he has only won a few national championships. Nassau powerhouse daddy is the expert.

So the guy who gets paid boatloads of cash for having showcases and prospect days said to attend show cases and prospect days! There is one born every minute! Let me know when Tierney has a free showcase or prospect day. I'll hold my breath sucker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the guy who gets paid boatloads of cash for having showcases and prospect days said to attend show cases and prospect days! There is one born every minute! Let me know when Tierney has a free showcase or prospect day. I'll hold my breath sucker.

No need for superstar to attend. Remember according to Nassau powerhouse dad those coaches of the major schools are at every HS game. I assume your son isn’t playing club either? I mean why should he?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Assume superstar won’t be doing Under Armour, Maverik or playing for aclub team? All money grabs too. Besides why would he since there are a bunch of college coaches at every HS game.

PS..not too late to admit that having all those coaches at every HS is [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No need for superstar to attend. Remember according to Nassau powerhouse dad those coaches of the major schools are at every HS game. I assume your son isn’t playing club either? I mean why should he?
so you bought it hook line and sinker. You should gas up and wash the car he bought with the money you put in his pocket, sucker.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Assume superstar won’t be doing Under Armour, Maverik or playing for aclub team? All money grabs too. Besides why would he since there are a bunch of college coaches at every HS game.

PS..not too late to admit that having all those coaches at every HS is [ChillLaxin].

So to summarize, your sons HS team stinks, your son is still on JV, you pay big bucks to a man who told you your son is special. Go on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PS..not too late to admit that having all those coaches at every HS is [ChillLaxin].

So to summarize, your sons HS team stinks, your son is still on JV, you pay big bucks to a man who told you your son is special. Go on.

Easy everyone. Lacrosse is only a place for your kids to have fun and compete. Hopefully it gets them some money towards a college education. It’s not life or death. Better odds playing Major League Baseball than earning a living in lacrosse. I love the game but that’s the state of things. Enjoy your “powerhouse” and your homecoming crown while it lasts. #glorydaze

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree and the chances are the kid they are looking at also plays club lacrosse and they are watching him there. For most of us, we choose to live in a town for various reasons such as good school for academics, easy commute for
parents, convenience, etc. Unfortunately, lacrosse is not usually the reason. If it is then I hope it works out for your children but it's probably not the best reason to pick the town. This excludes discussions about private schools and this is not a debate about public vs. private.

I won’t name the school other than to say Nassau powerhouse. As stated, if you don’t see college coaches at your sons HS games weak program. How about YOU tell me what program your son plays for? Then we can all discuss.

This guy is the same troll from earlier in the year. He has never played lacrosse and knows nothing about the game. The claim of five coaches at every game shows he is just stirring the pot. His problem with club is his little Johnny can’t play on the top teams. He says his HS program is great to boost his pride. But if the program were truly great a 10th grader would see little to no time. Plus as HS season hasn’t started his kid hasn’t played anyway. Lastly if the troll claims his kid started as a 9th grader, the HS program blows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless your son has 5 kids on his team whose Dad's are college coaches, there is NO WAY there are college coaches at all you games--never mind 5. Hyperbole. Now may there have been one big game when colleges showed up to watch, sure, but we all know the game and are involved in it and you are simply discrediting yourself by stating what you stated. Time to retreat...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This guy is the same troll from earlier in the year. He has never played lacrosse and knows nothing about the game. The claim of five coaches at every game shows he is just stirring the pot. His problem with club is his little Johnny can’t play on the top teams. He says his HS program is great to boost his pride. But if the program were truly great a 10th grader would see little to no time. Plus as HS season hasn’t started his kid hasn’t played anyway. Lastly if the troll claims his kid started as a 9th grader, the HS program blows.

"BAM" Microphone dropping to the floor. Love it. Hopefully you have shut this guy up for good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont know about mic being dropped, but I know one thing: FL$ blows....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the mic has dropped on FL$ a long time ago. not a very good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much FL$ sour grapes...

Stay tuned to next fall, the bashing will shift to Igloo, TT's and Express from the disenchanted. Brings to mind the U2 song,
"but I still, haven't found what I'm looking for..."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stay tuned to next fall, the bashing will shift to Igloo, TT's and Express from the disenchanted. Brings to mind the U2 song,

this is good, and i know where it is directed... Appropriate, they will never find what they are looking for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More club silliness, 10th graders and whining about whose got the best club team. All the more reason to hate Club. But keep spending the 3k a year without incidentals for a shot at a 2k a year lax “scholarship “. By the way, your son would have gotten more money if his grades were better, should have spent that dough on a tutor. Oh wait, little Johnny is getting a full ride to Duke right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You might want to pick that mic back up superstar

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this is good, and i know where it is directed... Appropriate, they will never find what they are looking for.

Stop replying to your own post, jackass

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Response was from a different poster. I know, OI wrote the original. Check with the administrator. Such a loser...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Johns shot themselves in the foot when they got rid of the one guy that gave them any credibility for lacrosse. Many good players coming up through the ranks, but you can't imagine the beatings they will take this year. The rest of the coaches in the league are pissed about the firing because SJ was on the verge of helping their league. The guy taking over is looked at as a traitor for throwing the old coach under the bus to secure his position. This guy had the team for years. He sucked then and will suck now. SJB threw away any chance ant being competitive because there are weaklings that can't handle the demands of being a good team. They go home and complain to the parents and the parents complain to the school. It ends up with the kids being short changed. My son plays there and grew as an athlete more in a year than any other time. The athletic director is a baseball guy and could give a hoot about lax. Those good players should leave like my son is. The new staff there is made up of a bunch of babies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Johns shot themselves in the foot when they got rid of the one guy that gave them any credibility for lacrosse. Many good players coming up through the ranks, but you can't imagine the beatings they will take this year. The rest of the coaches in the league are pissed about the firing because SJ was on the verge of helping their league. The guy taking over is looked at as a traitor for throwing the old coach under the bus to secure his position. This guy had the team for years. He sucked then and will stink now. SJB threw away any chance ant being competitive because there are [ChillLaxin] that can't handle the demands of being a good team. They go home and complain to the parents and the parents complain to the school. It ends up with the kids being short changed. My son plays there and grew as an athlete more in a year than any other time. The athletic director is a baseball guy and could give a hoot about lax. Those good players should leave like my son is. The new staff there is made up of a bunch of babies.

Anyway, SJB always was terrible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Johns shot themselves in the foot when they got rid of the one guy that gave them any credibility for lacrosse. Many good players coming up through the ranks, but you can't imagine the beatings they will take this year. The rest of the coaches in the league are pissed about the firing because SJ was on the verge of helping their league. The guy taking over is looked at as a traitor for throwing the old coach under the bus to secure his position. This guy had the team for years. He sucked then and will suck now. SJB threw away any chance ant being competitive because there are weaklings that can't handle the demands of being a good team. They go home and complain to the parents and the parents complain to the school. It ends up with the kids being short changed. My son plays there and grew as an athlete more in a year than any other time. The athletic director is a baseball guy and could give a hoot about lax. Those good players should leave like my son is. The new staff there is made up of a bunch of babies.

Leaving for where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
this doesn't sound correct . The old coach behavior was out of control ???? That what I observed .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please dont say they would be good because of that coach. The way SA and 'Nade used to build their JV teams they wouldve beat the Varsity of SJB. SJB wouldve been good if they would have snagged Spallina years ago and built it from there. But the league is only a 2 team league anyway, but if you talk catholic teams on LI dont discount 'Berg. But i wouldnt be surprise if it becomes a 1 team league because SA didnt only play an ineligible people in 2017, you remember that debacle, but they also did it in 2015 and prior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SJB has some good players in the system . The other Catholics are watered down but still very good solid programs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's talk about this: kids from out of state coming to live on Long Island with "host families" and attend St. Anthony's while also playing for Crush or Terps. St. Anthony's is the worst....their standards are literally non-existent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So insane. And for what. Lacrosse is a cult sport. The only people who watch the games are the family members of the players. It will never take off. Maybe we should have our boys focus on getting good grades and finding a fulfilling career. Total waste.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's talk about this: kids from out of state coming to live on Long Island with "host families" and attend St. Anthony's while also playing for Crush or Terps. St. Anthony's is the worst....their standards are literally non-existent.

Let me ask you this- Do you know the whole story? Obviously not. If you did, I doubt you would be on here commenting. Get a life ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like ST A is up to their cheating ways again. Just last year they were letting ineligible kids play. Unbelievable! Guess some people feel they are entitled and above the rules.

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard