BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 35 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 34 35
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's face it Dukes Nationals 2023 is probably the best 2023 team in the country and won their last 4 or 5 tournaments. So what they were B Team Tournaments at best. We all know DN 2023 can beat Team 91 Bandits, L.I. Express, FCA, or any other 2023 anytime. Who cares about the DN Holdbacks. We all know they are on age.

Oh I hadn't realized that NXT Cup was a B Team Tournament that included BL and 91 Warriors. And Battle on the Bay was also a B Team Tournament that included Igloo and the Texas Mustangs? DN lost by 1 to 91 Bandits at [lacrosse]'s last winter, beat FCA this past summer at Beach Lax and hasn't played LIE to the best of my knowledge. All with no holdbacks, no matter how much haters want to hate.

Having played against Dukes Nationals and the teams listed above don't kid yourself you are not the best 2023 team in the country. I would give that award to TRUE Nationals. They would spank your 2023 Team just like they did to 91 Bandits.

Agree with this poster. Our Team Brotherly Love played both these teams this past summer. True Nationals, I think beat us 6-0 or maybe we got a goal. Although we played our worst game of the tournament there is not no way to sugar coat the end result. However we played Dukes Nationals as well this past summer and I think we lost by 3 something like 9-6 but don't quote me on that. For that game however we were missing three of our best players. TRUE Nationals is a better team and I also think Team 91 Bandits is also better.

Don't get ahead of yourself calling your team the best 2023 team in the country, it is simply untrue.

While until Brotherly Love can beat them they are. LOL. Why is it that steams lose its either because they were missing their best player(s) or because the other team had comebacks.

darn! Just take the lost.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's only a matter of time and money before you figure it out. In the end everyone ends up unhappy.

So very true. They need to have the monthly mini camps to pull in the next players for the depth chart to cover the spot of the players leaving the team, excuse me, the "Program" each month. The "program" is a complete joke and the depth chart means nothing, it is never followed. The same players miss multiple mini camps and tournaments to only stay exactly where they are on the chart with no accountability at all. I have been told by multiple coaches at various levels that they have no input into the depth chart, it is all decided by Management, funny how he decides the depth chart when he is actually never watching the mini camps at all, too busy [lacrosse] the new families about his incredible "program" to keep the money train coming.

Sounds like a parent whose son cant crack the above the travel line to save his life.
It's only a matter of time and money before you figure it out. In the end everyone ends up unhappy.

So very true. They need to have the monthly mini camps to pull in the next players for the depth chart to cover the spot of the players leaving the team, excuse me, the "Program" each month. The "program" is a complete joke and the depth chart means nothing, it is never followed. The same players miss multiple mini camps and tournaments to only stay exactly where they are on the chart with no accountability at all. I have been told by multiple coaches at various levels that they have no input into the depth chart, it is all decided by Management, funny how he decides the depth chart when he is actually never watching the mini camps at all, too busy [lacrosse] the new families about his incredible "program" to keep the money train coming.

Sounds like a parent whose son cant crack the above the travel line roster to save his life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's face it Dukes Nationals 2023 is probably the best 2023 team in the country and won their last 4 or 5 tournaments. So what they were B Team Tournaments at best. We all know DN 2023 can beat Team 91 Bandits, L.I. Express, FCA, or any other 2023 anytime. Who cares about the DN Holdbacks. We all know they are on age.

Oh I hadn't realized that NXT Cup was a B Team Tournament that included BL and 91 Warriors. And Battle on the Bay was also a B Team Tournament that included Igloo and the Texas Mustangs? DN lost by 1 to 91 Bandits at [lacrosse]'s last winter, beat FCA this past summer at Beach Lax and hasn't played LIE to the best of my knowledge. All with no holdbacks, no matter how much haters want to hate.

Having played against Dukes Nationals and the teams listed above don't kid yourself you are not the best 2023 team in the country. I would give that award to TRUE Nationals. They would spank your 2023 Team just like they did to 91 Bandits.

Agree with this poster. Our Team Brotherly Love played both these teams this past summer. True Nationals, I think beat us 6-0 or maybe we got a goal. Although we played our worst game of the tournament there is not no way to sugar coat the end result. However we played Dukes Nationals as well this past summer and I think we lost by 3 something like 9-6 but don't quote me on that. For that game however we were missing three of our best players. TRUE Nationals is a better team and I also think Team 91 Bandits is also better.

Don't get ahead of yourself calling your team the best 2023 team in the country, it is simply untrue.

While until Brotherly Love can beat them they are. LOL. Why is it that steams lose its either because they were missing their best player(s) or because the other team had comebacks.

darn! Just take the lost.

Not sure if that was coherent English but deciphering intent.
We did take the loss and gave credit where credit was due. Funny though when Brotherly Love Beat Dukes Nationals last year I think it was like 6-0 the first time we played them the first thing out of your Head Coaches mouth was, "we were missing some key players" I was standing right behind him while he was making that excuse. Sounds like your HC should practice that as well. I don't know about you but 6-0 isn't even a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So... 12 months ago BL was MUCH better now they’re not? Sounds like your team is going in the wrong direction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually they are better than ever however your excuse of missing your best players was the same and I looked up the score it was actually 5-0 how do you assemble a National Team and score 0 goals against a local team ....Laughable

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laughable to beating BL in 9 months, they must be doing something right? BL helmets were at Rutgers tryout, guess they don’t think you’re doing better than ever?

Actually they are better than ever however your excuse of missing your best players was the same and I looked up the score it was actually 5-0 how do you assemble a National Team and score 0 goals against a local team ....Laughable

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are Dukes 2024 compared to the other DN teams? Are they on the same level as Team 91, MadLax, TAZ, etc?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened to the Brotherly Love 2024 midi that tried out for Wolfpack, but was turned away? I believe he was the top player on the BL team. A big kid. Is he still on Brotherly love?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are Dukes 2024 compared to the other DN teams? Are they on the same level as Team 91, MadLax, TAZ, etc?

I'm sure the Director can answer that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

What happened to the Brotherly Love 2024 midi that tried out for Wolfpack, but was turned away? I believe he was the top player on the BL team. A big kid. Is he still on Brotherly love?

Due to the fact that I can't be in the same room with my mother-in-law for more than two hours I am pretending to catch up on work. We just played BL and we have played them as much as any club out there. They have gotten better, they looked sloppy but they added a big attack that scored a lot of goals. There is little doubt that the best kid on that team is the coach's son #10 that plays attack. He either scores or assist on 75% of all the goals. Their FOGO can be dominant as well he was against us. I think those are there three best players. I don't like the BL parents though I find them smug and obnoxious.

It should be interesting at 2024 my buddy just shared with me a brochure that Brotherly Love is forming a 2024 National Team. He said Dukes kids are leaving the program that did 2024 Nationals last year and he didn't go back this year and is joining Brotherly Love Nationals. The kids he mentioned are big time players at 2024. I have to give credit to BL both dad's stepping down as coaches and bringing in professional coaches, that alone makes me seriously consider trying out for their team next year. Couldn't be more tired of these dad coaches thinking there kid is the next Paul Rabil.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be very interested in seeing that brochure about the national team at brotherly love

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would be very interested in seeing that brochure about the national team at brotherly love

We play on a very good New Jersey Club and I would be interested in having my son try out love their HC and his box background to me they are modeling their approach after Matt Brown at Denver. Are they having open tryouts and if so when and where? Is it just at 2024 I have a 2022 boy as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We play on a very good New Jersey Club and I would be interested in having my son try out love their HC and his box background to me they are modeling their approach after Matt Brown at Denver. Are they having open tryouts and if so when and where? Is it just at 2024 I have a 2022 boy as well.

Looking at their website I don’t see any mention of this National Team. Where are the tryouts what tournaments are they doing. We don’t currently play for their club but would definitely try out for this National Team. Are they doing 2023 Nationals isn’t that their best team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a parent whose son cant crack the above the travel line to save his life.

Sounds like a parent whose son cant crack the above the travel line roster to save his life.

Completely wrong, has been above the travel line the entire time on the team ( 2 years). Learn to read, the point is that the mini camps and depth chart are a joke to players above and below the line. Mini camps are only money makers ( $40 to $85 dollars in two years and no change in mini camp practices), no real evaluations are completed on the players, obviously you have not been to any or you would know. If the Program was followed and executed as explained to parents it would actually be a great program but it is not followed at all. Let me know if you have any questions and I can explain it in simpler terms if you need me too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely wrong, has been above the travel line the entire time on the team ( 2 years). Learn to read, the point is that the mini camps and depth chart are a joke to players above and below the line. Mini camps are only money makers ( $40 to $85 dollars in two years and no change in mini camp practices), no real evaluations are completed on the players, obviously you have not been to any or you would know. If the Program was followed and executed as explained to parents it would actually be a great program but it is not followed at all. Let me know if you have any questions and I can explain it in simpler terms if you need me too.

Looks to me like Brotherly Love is going to step up and compete with Dukes with their own National Team....This should be interesting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They might want to concentrate on building decent teams other than the 23s and 24s 1st.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have anything factual regarding a brotherly love national team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They might want to concentrate on building decent teams other than the 23s and 24s 1st.

Hmmm I think decent team is a bit of an understatement. Love them or hate them both those teams are pretty darn good. My sons teams have been rolled by both of them they are a bit better than decent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm I think decent team is a bit of an understatement. Love them or hate them both those teams are pretty darn good. My sons teams have been rolled by both of them they are a bit better than decent.

Maybe your son's team is just that awful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or maybe I struck a nerve...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid plays on one of those teams, considering that they only have 5 grade levels and their oldest team is only 2022 that isn't bad for a club that has only three years under their belt to put 2 teams in the national ranks. We also left another local club to play out for Brotherly Love.. Way more organized, better coaching and ironically cheaper.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any truth to the rumors that a lot of players are leaving the nationals 2023 team because of the coaching changes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any truth to the rumors that a lot of players are leaving the nationals 2023 team because of the coaching changes?

Aren't most of the 23s BL players? If they have a national team why stay with Dukee

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aren't most of the 23s BL players? If they have a national team why stay with Dukee

None of the kids are from BL, the coaches and kids play for Freedom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played Dukes Nationals and yes we lost and they were ridiculously over age...I mean big...but they had one kids that scored like 5 goals and we only lost by 3 goals. Ironically, we have the perfect kid on our team that could have stopped Wonderboy or Overageboy, unfortunately he wasn't at the tournament. True National is the better of the two National Teams. But sounds like everyone and their mother is starting a National Team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes and your perfect kid is 2 months older than Wonderboy what does that make your perfect kid? BL hypocrite.

We played Dukes Nationals and yes we lost and they were ridiculously over age...I mean big...but they had one kids that scored like 5 goals and we only lost by 3 goals. Ironically, we have the perfect kid on our team that could have stopped Wonderboy or Overageboy, unfortunately he wasn't at the tournament. True National is the better of the two National Teams. But sounds like everyone and their mother is starting a National Team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ridiculously overage? Maybe you should meet your own team before you criticize others.

http://www.worldseriesofyouthlacrosse.com/WSYL-Championship-Schedule.aspx

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the end of the day National teams should be better than local club teams, such as BL. Its a testament to those kids that they can compete. At the end of the day National teams should play other National teams, they are recruiting from a larger pool. It's somewhat comical that Dukes plays in these local level tournaments and beats up on everyone by 15 goals. I guess it makes the coaches feel better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ridiculously overage? Maybe you should meet your own team before you criticize others.

Wow, 9 2023s on that team with 7 of them being overage (for a 2023)!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2023 Dukes Team is Playing in Tampa in late December; does anyone know what other teams will be represented at the (lacrosse)'s Sporting Goods Tampa Tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the end of the day National teams should be better than local club teams, such as BL. Its a testament to those kids that they can compete. At the end of the day National teams should play other National teams, they are recruiting from a larger pool. It's somewhat comical that Dukes plays in these local level tournaments and beats up on everyone by 15 goals. I guess it makes the coaches feel better.

How many National teams do you know of - 1, 2, 3? If National teams only played National Teams only then the same teams would just play each other over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again! Does that really make sense? Don't answer that, you already know the answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know the team well of course they are overage most boys are over age especially since Unionville has a pre first program. Boys with summer birthday s being a grade lower is pretty standard ....yawn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many National teams do you know of - 1, 2, 3? If National teams only played National Teams only then the same teams would just play each other over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again! Does that really make sense? Don't answer that, you already know the answer.

I can think of at least 6 and more starting every season. They don’t all call themselves Nationals but they are all star teams pulling from More than 100 miles away from each other

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Knock it off G way more than 3 and lot more coming your days are numberd my friend better dust off the resume cause you are going to need to apply for a real job like the rest of us stiffs. You think all these top notch club teams with great coaches are going to continue let you poaching their players not to mention a lot smarter business men than you. You may be accused of a lot of things on this board but good businessman has never been one of them. Club Lacrosse has become big money and your out of your league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know the team well of course they are overage most boys are over age especially since Unionville has a pre first program. Boys with summer birthday s being a grade lower is pretty standard ....yawn

So why attack others for the same offense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because the guy running your program has a horrible reputation built on years of blatantly cheating with over grad kids, running up scores, and overall lack of integrity. This latest episode at Victory just validates again. National Teams should not play in local tournaments, just because the tournament decides to call the bracket AA doesn't mean it is anyone looking at the brackets could have told you the same thing. If there are no powerhouse LI or MD teams attending or teams flying in it is not a AA Tournament at the National Level. Each team plays up they still win judging the scores. If they didn't win would it have been a bad thing or do you just get better playing a competitive game. Respect the game.You are in denial if you think your club Respected the Game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is defending the guy running the program, attack him if you feel the need to vent.

Just stop attacking the kids with lies and being a hypocrite. Did BL respect the game at Liberty Shootout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because the guy running your program has a horrible reputation built on years of blatantly cheating with over grad kids, running up scores, and overall lack of integrity. This latest episode at Victory just validates again. National Teams should not play in local tournaments, just because the tournament decides to call the bracket AA doesn't mean it is anyone looking at the brackets could have told you the same thing. If there are no powerhouse LI or MD teams attending or teams flying in it is not a AA Tournament at the National Level. Each team plays up they still win judging the scores. If they didn't win would it have been a bad thing or do you just get better playing a competitive game. Respect the game.You are in denial if you think your club Respected the Game.

Okay. All the top teams pull kids from multiple states. Even the Long Island Teams. Even Philly Teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay. All the top teams pull kids from multiple states. Even the Long Island Teams. Even Philly Teams.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 35 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard