BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 70 of 214 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one and I mean no one is turned away in club lacrosse as long as they are willing to pay. When the YJ's went to 4 and 5 teams per age they finally had to take "elite and selective" out of their mission statement

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall ball is done. Hs fall sports are done. Bring on spring!!! Anyone know when the hs rankings come out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Fall ball is done. Hs fall sports are done. Bring on spring!!! Anyone know when the hs rankings come out

It's basketball season. You have a few months.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Indoor track for my less coordinated girls. That dribbling a ball and running thing is not there forte.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Indoor track for my less coordinated girls. That dribbling a ball and running thing is not there forte.
yes winter track here too. Keep in shape. Basketball is brutal

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Selfish play was on full display indoors yesterday. If the coaches can't control it the team will under achieve again this year. The biggest offender graduated but it looks like someone is ready to step right up. The other two are back and unless the coaches address the issue the team will have an early exit from the playoffs again. Sad that some players and parents do not understand that selfish play will always hurt the team. Not in love with the coaches but they are fighting an uphill battle with the players who are being told by their parents to go to goal. Note to delusional parents: selfish play is ugly and it hurts the team. Although you probably blame the coach or some other player the reality is that the TEAM lost last year because of the selfish play of three INDIVIDUALS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Selfish play was on full display indoors yesterday. If the coaches can't control it the team will under achieve again this year. The biggest offender graduated but it looks like someone is ready to step right up. The other two are back and unless the coaches address the issue the team will have an early exit from the playoffs again. Sad that some players and parents do not understand that selfish play will always hurt the team. Not in love with the coaches but they are fighting an uphill battle with the players who are being told by their parents to go to goal. Note to delusional parents: selfish play is ugly and it hurts the team. Although you probably blame the coach or some other player the reality is that the TEAM lost last year because of the selfish play of three INDIVIDUALS.

What are you talking about??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the posting of stats in newsday should be outlawed. That would stop some of the scoring madness

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the posting of stats in newsday should be outlawed. That would stop some of the scoring madness

Are you going to take the same stand with basketball, football, soccer, field hockey, baseball etc. There is scoring madness (your word)/stat padding in all sports. Stop looking at 1 sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you going to take the same stand with basketball, football, soccer, field hockey, baseball etc. There is scoring madness (your word)/stat padding in all sports. Stop looking at 1 sport.

Truth.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth.

Not sure I include baseball so much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

intriguing. any guesses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

intriguing. any guesses

What team are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riverhead they all hate each other out there ....just a guess

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See I was leaning toward WM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is someone who plays in a Sunday HS winter league judging by when it was posted and the timing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is someone who plays in a Sunday HS winter league judging by when it was posted and the timing.

Thanks Detective

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody surprised by how few lax players also play basketball.Do you think it is a pretty good indicator of natural athletic ability versus trained lacrosse ability and skill? Are kids just content with running winter track? After all you get just as good of a workout playing BB - it is just a very difficult sport to play without embarrassing yourself ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody surprised by how few lax players also play basketball.Do you think it is a pretty good indicator of natural athletic ability versus trained lacrosse ability and skill? Are kids just content with running winter track? After all you get just as good of a workout playing BB - it is just a very difficult sport to play without embarrassing yourself ...

many play both, but as they get older the seasons can be too close together or they can't do as much lacrosse because they are "in season" for basketball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not surprised at all, take a look at 2017 newsday commit list 2017...25 bb commits, 130 lax commits, no bb commits going to top 40 schools vs 25 lax commits going to top 10 schools and half them going to top 5 schools...i think they are fine not embarrassing themselves playing bb. Go try and belittle some other sports kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You missed the point. The poster probably meant that most good athletes play 2-3 sports in high school. Why do so few play BB as a second or third sport? It is obvious why lax is their #1 sport. Probably because most are not as athletic as people think. Even those on scholarship. That is why college lax coaches love kids that play BB. It is a lot like lax and it is much harder to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You missed the point. The poster probably meant that most good athletes play 2-3 sports in high school. Why do so few play BB as a second or third sport? It is obvious why lax is their #1 sport. Probably because most are not as athletic as people think. Even those on scholarship. That is why college lax coaches love kids that play BB. It is a lot like lax and it is much harder to play.

Have you watched basketball on long island?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls lacrosse is the easiest pathway to play a college sport. The numbers aren't even close. Every HS in America plays Soccer, Volleyball, Basketball and Softball. Youth Lacrosse talent still only comes from select states but its growing. Look at college rosters. They are loaded with East coast girls. Nothing from the middle of the country and a little out west. The best lacrosse girls could play any sport they want but mid level lacrosse players wouldn't and couldn't make college rosters in another sport. Don't fool yourselves. Enjoy the ride and the sport for what it is.

D1 Womans Lax has 120 teams
D1 Womens Soccer has 333 teams
D1 womens Basketball has 349 teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Few things , the guy who comes on a lacrosse website to post about how they are not good athletes is just being ridiculous. Some of the best high school basketball players are high scorers etc because they are big , put them on a lacrosse field and they would be horrendous. Take 99 percent of girls bball players and put them on a gymnastics team and they would be embarrassed and that is arguably the most athletic sport . Point being each sport has great athletes so stop trying to make it out as if girls lax has none .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you get off the island and take a look around, maybe you would see that to get to the top level of BB you would need to play AAU ball. From what I've seen with family down south - AAU's summer schedule is just as ridiculous as club lacrosse. At some point, by the time they get to high school, the girls will need to decide which sport will be their 'first sport'. You can only be in one place on any given weekend during the summer. I think most lax players tend to gravitate toward indoor track in high school because they are just looking for something that will keep them in shape for the spring season. Depending on the school your daughter goes to - they may not have a prayer of making the basketball team if they do not have the AAU ties.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

If you get off the island and take a look around, maybe you would see that to get to the top level of BB you would need to play AAU ball. From what I've seen with family down south - AAU's summer schedule is just as ridiculous as club lacrosse. At some point, by the time they get to high school, the girls will need to decide which sport will be their 'first sport'. You can only be in one place on any given weekend during the summer. I think most lax players tend to gravitate toward indoor track in high school because they are just looking for something that will keep them in shape for the spring season. Depending on the school your daughter goes to - they may not have a prayer of making the basketball team if they do not have the AAU ties.

It also depends on your town and the bball feeder programs that may or may not be available. In my town, there was a local church league but CYO was close to non-existent. My kids all played bball in the local church league, they all played a season or two of CYO and one played a few seasons of AAU. So they had bball backgrounds and enjoyed playing in school although it was none of their #1 sports. If you come from a town with no feeder program, it's not likely a kid with no experience is going to try out or make a bball team. It's a lot easier to walk on to winter track, where all are welcomed even if you are not going to be a big point scorer for the team.

AAU was indeed a big summer, and actually year-round, commitment. I remember being away for close to a week shuttling between AAU and lacrosse tournaments one summer. I tallied the number of times we crossed the Susquehanna. After that, a choice had to be made because that was insanity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have High School pre-season rankings been done yet? I assume so since the schedules are out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have High School pre-season rankings been done yet? I assume so since the schedules are out.

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

are you answering yourself again??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

What about MC?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

What about MC?
these are the top
4 pre season rankings. Idk where mc ended up this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

What about MC?
these are the top
4 pre season rankings. Idk where mc ended up this year
riverhead?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously Riverhead?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Riverhead has the best young talent in the county.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the country

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the country

In the world

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

I agree with the above, but replace Smithtown West with Smithtown East

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

So you don't agree with the above. Just sayin'.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the country

Delusional

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Np
Wm
Wi
Sw

So you don't agree with the above. Just sayin'.

Haha! True, I'd like to revise my post, lol.

Like Reply Quote
Page 70 of 214 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard