BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Boys 2021 - 9th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know why Outlaws Select and Gold (?) are shown as each playing combined with 91 Tri State in their respective brackets?

Not sure what you mean?? But outlaws Sullivan is second team, Black is third team.

A very short handed Outlaws Select team just beat 91 Tri state Select 15-1. I don't think Outlaws Select would be playing them again. Maybe One of the Outlaws teams needed players so they have a combo team playing?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Outlaws have three teams. Dalland/Select is the top team, Sullivan/Gold is the second team and Black is the third team. Select Dalland the top team is not playing on Long Island this weekend but some kids may be filling in as all teams are short players. I know many teams that are using kids from thier A and B teams to fill a rosters this weekend. It is the falll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know why Outlaws Select and Gold (?) are shown as each playing combined with 91 Tri State in their respective brackets?

91 Tristate has two teams that have nothing to do with the Long Island Outlaws.

91 Tristate Select is the AA team and 91 Tristate Select Outlaws is the A team. It has been that way for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Outlaws have three teams. Dalland/Select is the top team, Sullivan/Gold is the second team and Black is the third team. Select Dalland the top team is not playing on Long Island this weekend but some kids may be filling in as all teams are short players. I know many teams that are using kids from thier A and B teams to fill a rosters this weekend. It is the falll.

Several of the Select Players are Playing in the Fall Classic with their Varsity Teams in Farmingdale the same day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Several of the Select Players are Playing in the Fall Classic with their Varsity Teams in Farmingdale the same day.

Thanks Mom/Dad. I'm sure you are proud to say that. Keep working those politics wherever you are.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks Mom/Dad. I'm sure you are proud to say that. Keep working those politics wherever you are.

What kind of a toolbag comment is that? Someone asked a question and it was answered as simply as possible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What kind of a toolbag comment is that? Someone asked a question and it was answered as simply as possible.

His kid plays for a Y level team. Y don't these kids play baseball?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

His kid plays for a Y level team. Y don't these kids play baseball?

<eye roll>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good lax at the showcase yesterday at Farmingdale even though the weather stunk and the fields were brutal. I was surprised to see a lot of good colleges there watching the 2021 games. The biggest interest was at the High School Invitational.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some interesting results this weekend

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too early to read into anything. The out of town teams were made up of their full squads and beat some good local teams who were missing a few players. The ATL team looked really good, and just started playing together according to one of the dads. The Edge team was at least 2 years older, and at least one of their players was sporting a tattoo. How many 14 year olds have tattoos?

Blaze looked shaky, ATL upset Black Ice, and Ambush was actually playing in a AA bracket and needs a lot of work. Express won two games, did they play 3?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too early to read into anything. The out of town teams were made up of their full squads and beat some good local teams who were missing a few players. The ATL team looked really good, and just started playing together according to one of the dads. The Edge team was at least 2 years older, and at least one of their players was sporting a tattoo. How many 14 year olds have tattoos?

Blaze looked shaky, ATL upset Black Ice, and Ambush was actually playing in a AA bracket and needs a lot of work. Express won two games, did they play 3?

Edge has taken holdbacks to new heights. They play whole teams down . Crazy stuff...I heard from an Edge parent...The reason is that all the players are doing a PG year after High School so they want to compete against the same players they will enter college with.. Talk about total [lacrosse] and trying to game the system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Edge has taken holdbacks to new heights. They play whole teams down . Crazy stuff...I heard from an Edge parent...The reason is that all the players are doing a PG year after High School so they want to compete against the same players they will enter college with.. Talk about total [lacrosse] and trying to game the system.

Who cares about Edge. They suck and will suck more during their PG year. I don't care how old they are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is interesting is that almost every kid that gets a write up or that is considered a "superstar" in the 2021 class is a holdback or re-class. Any legit 2021s left out there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is interesting is that almost every kid that gets a write up or that is considered a "superstar" in the 2021 class is a holdback or re-class. Any legit 2021s left out there?

To be more specific, by legit, you mean 2021s born after Dec 1, 2002?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not every state is Dec 1, 2002. Just crazy NY. Most others are Sept or Oct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for clarifying my statement. Yes, I mean 2021s born after 12/1/02.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland is 9/1/02

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland is 9/1/02

Most of country is 9/1 NY is the exception. Crazy part is the NY teams years ago went by grade, which usually meant they were younger than teams from MD, PA .

But many MD/PA teams thought that NY teams were older due to the situation in MD with prefirsts..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If any 2021 A team is interested in being the third team to fill out a three-way scrimmage this Sunday @ 10 AM on turf on north shore of Nassau County, please E-Mail me @ rj.pisc@gmail.com. Had one team drop out. Each team will play 2 games with refs - only cost is to cover refs' fees.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good scrimmage this morning between Outlaws and True Blue - teams should do more of these in the fall, and focus less on formal tournaments, most of which are run like [ChillLaxin] shows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams were there and who won? Outlaws have three teams and True Blue has two teams.

quote=Anonymous]Good scrimmage this morning between Outlaws and True Blue - teams should do more of these in the fall, and focus less on formal tournaments, most of which are run like [ChillLaxin] shows. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams were there and who won? Outlaws have three teams and True Blue has two teams.

quote=Anonymous]Good scrimmage this morning between Outlaws and True Blue - teams should do more of these in the fall, and focus less on formal tournaments, most of which are run like [ChillLaxin] shows.

[/quote]

True Blue has three teams @ 2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

quote=Anonymous]Good scrimmage this morning between Outlaws and True Blue - teams should do more of these in the fall, and focus less on formal tournaments, most of which are run like [ChillLaxin] shows.

[/quote]

Outlaws Select & True Blue North - TBN 4 - Outlaws 2. I think Outlaws had Gold & Select players filling in to have enough boys to field a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was not the select team. It was the black team with the select coachs. There were 3 select players helping out. It was a good scrimmage and i think it help both teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That was not the select team. It was the black team with the select coachs. There were 3 select players helping out. It was a good scrimmage and i think it help both teams. [/quote

So the Outlaws C team and True Blue C team played each other. Sounds like a nice idea before the teams go indoors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That was not the select team. It was the black team with the select coachs. There were 3 select players helping out. It was a good scrimmage and i think it help both teams. [/quote

So the Outlaws C team and True Blue C team played each other. Sounds like a nice idea before the teams go indoors.

Nice try, but wrong...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try, but wrong...

Outlaws Select team did not play True Blue in the Fall. Stop with the fake news. The Outlaws Select team did not play any fall local tournaments or teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try, but wrong...

Outlaws Select team did not play True Blue in the Fall. Stop with the fake news. The Outlaws Select team did not play any fall local tournaments or teams.

Outlaws PB has the worst reputation and couldn't care less about you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try, but wrong...

Sour grapes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try, but wrong...

Sour grapes?

Nope. Still with the club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid repeated 8th grade and had a killer year this summer...he steamrolled so many smaller players and looked amazing. Coaches were watching him all summer, I only wish we delayed kindergarten so we didn't have to pay for private school but it was well worth it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid repeated 8th grade and had a killer year this summer...he steamrolled so many smaller players and looked amazing. Coaches were watching him all summer, I only wish we delayed kindergarten so we didn't have to pay for private school but it was well worth it!

So, as I read this, in my mind, I go, "Sarcasm, right?". Buy then, I think more on it and, scarily enough, I've met people in the lacrosse world that truly believe this . . . and even more scary is that they are also willing to admit this. So, the question is now, "Is this sarcasm or not?!".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone complains about Holdbacks, but here’s a downright sandbag...how is it that Schreibr and Chan allow a kid that is currently in 9th grade play this past summer on Express North 2022?? Well, my kid got cut from that team and now I find out and have facts that a kid that didn’t hold back and is in HS is on 2022, these guys should be banned from all tournaments, it’s taking the holdback route to a new level! Pure cheating!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone complains about Holdbacks, but here’s a downright sandbag...how is it that Schreibr and Chan allow a kid that is currently in 9th grade play this past summer on Express North 2022?? Well, my kid got cut from that team and now I find out and have facts that a kid that didn’t hold back and is in HS is on 2022, these guys should be banned from all tournaments, it’s taking the holdback route to a new level! Pure cheating!

They're no angels, but they've got a long way to go to reach the 'heights' of the MD programs in this area!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, as I read this, in my mind, I go, "Sarcasm, right?". Buy then, I think more on it and, scarily enough, I've met people in the lacrosse world that truly believe this . . . and even more scary is that they are also willing to admit this. So, the question is now, "Is this sarcasm or not?!".

Definitely hard to tell nowadays...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then you and the other dude are morons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're no angels, but they've got a long way to go to reach the 'heights' of the MD programs in this area!

There are teams that “feel” since at some point their players will reclass, they should play a grade down NOW so they are playing at the leve; they will be at someday. It’s cheating, disengenuious, etc but these coaches will use any reasoning to get their team to win even if it’s playing younger kids.

As was said above, go to Naptown this year and LI teams are the few who are age appropriate. All the out of state teams are 1-2 years older and have no issue with it at all.

Our kids have to play them in college if they play so might as well get used to it now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are teams that “feel” since at some point their players will reclass, they should play a grade down NOW so they are playing at the leve; they will be at someday. It’s cheating, disengenuious, etc but these coaches will use any reasoning to get their team to win even if it’s playing younger kids.

As was said above, go to Naptown this year and LI teams are the few who are age appropriate. All the out of state teams are 1-2 years older and have no issue with it at all.

Our kids have to play them in college if they play so might as well get used to it now.

Bigger difference when a 14/15 year old plays a 17/18 year old, than a 17/18 year old playing a 21/22 year old. At that point it is more of a experience difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then you and the other dude are morons.

You obviously missed the point that I have met people on lacrosse fields that truly say stuff like the post, so it does make you wonder . . .

Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard