BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,537
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 101 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wp is not even in top 3 maybe top 5. It’s madlax and taz and then everyone else

Tazzie Parent here. Hey madlax d-bag. Don’t put our team in the same sentence as Madlax. Taz Plays the game we love with class and integrity. Madlax is king of the bottom feeders of youth lacrosse. Cheaters to the core. Don’t EVER associate Taz with Madlax!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously, but the WP, Taz, and Madlax need to go and have your own board. This is now days on days of the lax equivalent of a bunch of 10 year olds arguing. I've seen higher intellect exhibited amongst drunken bums in NYC!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't Taz just handle Bethesda (who might have winning records vs wp) and handle 91md. To say not top 3 team is silly. Give credit where deserved.

Not a Tazzie, but I'm with you brother. Definitely a top 3 team!

100% top 3 team. Taz WP Madlax. Pick any order you want, doesn’t matter. Every WP/Taz game has been 1 goal either way for as long as I can remember. Last time WP/ Madlax player Madlax won by 1, even though crazy Madlax guy says they “rolled”. Bethesda does give the WP trouble, for whatever reason but WP has never lost to team 9d1 Maryland, etc, etc. All great lacrosse teams.

Those are the top five. Then it drops off pretty good. I'd say that Bethesda is most definitely on the bottom of that list. Not debatable, in my mind. Right now, I think you have to put WP on the top, the way they have been playing in the past 9 months. Then, I think it has to be Mad Lax, only because they always seem to give Taz trouble. And I don't think 91 MD is there yet. So, for now, it goes:

1. WP
2. ML
3. Taz
4. 91 MD
5. BLC

Sorry, can’t put the Pack at number one when I haven’t played anyone this year. And they have an added anyone new to the team.

Nobody expected you to, Tazzie. But any team that can’t beat VERY sorry B teams aren’t in any rankings. What a joke!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's funny that we are in your heads so much that you are convinced that Madlax 2024 has reclassed kids. There's no proof that we do because we simply don't, but whatever makes you feel better after we pummel you time and time again.

You are lying. EVERY SINGLE DECENT MD TEAM HAS SEVERAL HOLDBACKS. it is the culture there. it’s is common knowledge. It’s also common knowledge that your biggie midi is the marque holdback at this age bracket.

IF ANYONE ON LI IS NOT UP TO DATE ON THIS ISSUE, READ THE 2024 MD THREAD. ALL OF THE MD PARENTS TALKING ABOUT IT. GREAT STUFF! THE WHOLE STATE ARE A BUNCH OF CHEATERS WITH MADLAX LEADING THE PACK.

Madlax is a VA team. And no comebacks. If you think we do, prove it. LOL at LI idiocy.

Northern VA (or "Capital" as you like to say) is MD, in youth lacrosse, as you know.

But I do LOVE your comment... "and no COMEBACKS". That has to be the only accurate statement you have made on this website. Congrats!

Question: Rumor has it that your biggie midi holdback is going to play on-age this spring. Any truth to that?

If so, do you know what the parents motivation is?

Maybe they feel like he isn't developing, playing down, against players half his size? That does make a lot of sense.

Or maybe they feel guilty that he dominates that teams play, not allowing any opportunities for any of his team mates, and they are not developing as a result? It does appear that the coaches only game plan is to get him the ball, 100% of the time, so that seems reasonable.

Or, maybe they just feel guilty about how dishonest it is to play him down. After all, as parent, we always want to teach our kids to do the right thing.

I'm thinking maybe it's all of these things.

I kind of hope he sticks around. Seems like a very nice boy. Hope the parents get their act together, though. They appear to be a real mess.

Best post of the year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting way to look at it
WP won every tourney except one last summer
How did Taz do?
They lost to 91 MD, madlax, wp and eclipse (who wp crushed in the finals)
This falls highlights include a loss to true blue and another loss to madlax while wp tied eclipse 7th grade team and beat outlaws 23 A
5th grade is over. Taz no longer top 3 team
Time to bring back the chosen one or dial it down

People! Taz can’t beat bad B teams. Why is anyone talking about them?!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't Taz just handle Bethesda (who might have winning records vs wp) and handle 91md. To say not top 3 team is silly. Give credit where deserved.

Not a Tazzie, but I'm with you brother. Definitely a top 3 team!

100% top 3 team. Taz WP Madlax. Pick any order you want, doesn’t matter. Every WP/Taz game has been 1 goal either way for as long as I can remember. Last time WP/ Madlax player Madlax won by 1, even though crazy Madlax guy says they “rolled”. Bethesda does give the WP trouble, for whatever reason but WP has never lost to team 9d1 Maryland, etc, etc. All great lacrosse teams.
WP are a joke :::

Those are the top five. Then it drops off pretty good. I'd say that Bethesda is most definitely on the bottom of that list. Not debatable, in my mind. Right now, I think you have to put WP on the top, the way they have been playing in the past 9 months. Then, I think it has to be Mad Lax, only because they always seem to give Taz trouble. And I don't think 91 MD is there yet. So, for now, it goes:

1. WP
2. ML
3. Taz
4. 91 MD
5. BLC

Sorry, can’t put the Pack at number one when I haven’t played anyone this year. And they have an added anyone new to the team.

Nobody expected you to, Tazzie. But any team that can’t beat VERY sorry B teams aren’t in any rankings. What a joke!

Interesting way to look at it
WP won every tourney except one last summer
How did Taz do?
They lost to 91 MD, madlax, wp and eclipse (who wp crushed in the finals)
This falls highlights include a loss to true blue and another loss to madlax while wp tied eclipse 7th grade team and beat outlaws 23 A
5th grade is over. Taz no longer top 3 team
Time to bring back the chosen one or dial it down

People! Taz can’t beat bad B teams. Why is anyone talking about them?!!

So so Sad : same Jealous parents ; so sad . Grow up already . Your kid is one on the weakest on the team. Does he even play. Everyone knows who you are

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax owns LI. Fact.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How do you think LI Express North shrieber looks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Laxbro2024
How do you think LI Express North shrieber looks?

They have some talent but very inconsistent. Schreiber is a headcase. Lots of politics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax owns LI. Fact.

So old and stale already . . . .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are a very strong team. If they could find a Fogo they are right there with all the top 2024 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
up all night, huh Frankie..?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are a very strong team. If they could find a Fogo they are right there with all the top 2024 teams.

Is a fogo really enough to make the jump from an also ran to being a top team? I personally don't think so. Yes winning faceoffs is important but even the teams with the best fogo's are built around a lot more than that.

Specifically speaking about EN, I don't see how you think they are one player away from anything. They have no track record that says they are that close. I would say they are below other Wescthester teams like like 2way (no fogo) or Preds (ridiculous fogo and goalies.)

On another note, isn't 11 a bit young for a kid to be a fogo?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not an Express Dad , In fact I think Schreiber is an [lacrosse] , But let me say this, Express North 24 has come a long way. Are they Wolfpack , Taz, Madlax, etc? No. But they are way better than 2 way or Preds. A great fogo can be a real difference maker if you have the other pieces of the puzzle in place. When you play against fogo from LI Express, Taz, Wolfpack, and you lose 90% of the draws, your at a massive disadvantage. In my opinion, no wrstchester program focuses enough on faceoffs. No one saying the kid has to get off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what you are talking about. First off, they would crush 2 Way or Preds by 10 goals. Also, if you don't realize that top teams in 2024 are utilizing a Fogo, you should not post on this site.
Possession is probably the most important part of lacrosse. This team competes even though they have this glaring liability.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what you are talking about. First off, they would crush 2 Way or Preds by 10 goals. Also, if you don't realize that top teams in 2024 are utilizing a Fogo, you should not post on this site.
Possession is probably the most important part of lacrosse. This team competes even though they have this glaring liability.

They aren’t very good. Schwalje beat them by at least 10 goals this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a fall play day. They traveled to Long Island with 14 kids and only 4 midfielders. Definitely not at full strength. If you have been paying attention to fall tournaments, you would realize that this team is playing together, against tough competition and is holding their own. Ask Igloo or Taz if they are any good. Jack.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best team nobody talks about is eclipse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eclipse 24 is by far the best 24 team in the Westchester /Fairfield ct area. I would love to hear from any parents on that team as to whether or not it’s a good environment , good coaches, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a fall play day. They traveled to Long Island with 14 kids and only 4 midfielders. Definitely not at full strength. If you have been paying attention to fall tournaments, you would realize that this team is playing together, against tough competition and is holding their own. Ask Igloo or Taz if they are any good. Jack.

I have not been paying attention to fall tournaments but would like to know where Express North has competed. I was told by Beth Schrieber that they didn't do so well during the summer so played B bracket at a tournament to get a win. To me, that sounded like being a lot more than a fogo away from being up there with Taz, Madlax, WP etc.

If Schwalje beats Express North by at least 10 goals that means a fogo is a 10 goal swing? Personally, I would think you want to work on your defense and goalie if that is the case, no?

Igloo, Taz, are Express North any good? We were instructed to ask you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taz agrees. Weak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Taz agrees. Weak.

Fall is fall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think t

Taz agrees. Weak.

Fall is fall
have seen them play; not a bad team. Would love to see them in more LI tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eclipse 24 is by far the best 24 team in the Westchester /Fairfield ct area. I would love to hear from any parents on that team as to whether or not it’s a good environment , good coaches, etc.

How can you proclaim that Eclipse 2024 is the best “by far” in Westchester/Fairfield?
Wait until summer 2018 and then we’ll talk.

PT/Eclipse/Preds understand where they need to be to compete against LI/MD which are the national standards for Youth lax. Don’t throw divisive pea-brained comments out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can you proclaim that Eclipse 2024 is the best “by far” in Westchester/Fairfield?

PT/Eclipse/Preds understand where they need to be to compete against LI/MD which are the national standards for Youth lax. Don’t throw divisive pea-brained comments out there.

Ok. Let’s look at the past performances. But before that, predators is not in this discussion. They do not play against the best Secondly. Last year Eclipse outperformed prime time and express north in every tourney and against every team. They beat Taz in the nlf championship. Beat LI Express, Laxachusetts Black. Etc etc. so to be fair, until primetime and express can do that, I’m not stretching to say Eclipse 2024 is the better of the 3 squads. Express North looks to be making great strides this year so to be fair. Eclipse. Express North and then primetime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok. Let’s look at the past performances. But before that, predators is not in this discussion. They do not play against the best Secondly. Last year Eclipse outperformed prime time and express north in every tourney and against every team. They beat Taz in the nlf championship. Beat LI Express, Laxachusetts Black. Etc etc. so to be fair, until primetime and express can do that, I’m not stretching to say Eclipse 2024 is the better of the 3 squads. Express North looks to be making great strides this year so to be fair. Eclipse. Express North and then primetime.

no one cares. and I did see WP beat of Eclipse badly. SO it depends on how many kids they can pull for the 2023 squad on how well they play. Just an observation

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay. So what LI 2024 squads are on the verge? A squad that can compete but could be taken over the top by a couple ballers. Excellent coaching. No parent coaches. Loyal parents. Does it exist?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay. So what LI 2024 squads are on the verge? A squad that can compete but could be taken over the top by a couple ballers. Excellent coaching. No parent coaches. Loyal parents. Does it exist?

Meh - there are a lot of teams that would fit that bill. For the same reasons that there are more A teams on LI at 2024 (and most other age groups, as well) than the three AA teams most discussed here. A lot of these A teams have a strong top 10 - it's the lack of depth that keeps most of them from competing with the A teams. Add a couple more legit horses and that depth gap starts to go away quickly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Meh - there are a lot of teams that would fit that bill. For the same reasons that there are more A teams on LI at 2024 (and most other age groups, as well) than the three AA teams most discussed here. A lot of these A teams have a strong top 10 - it's the lack of depth that keeps most of them from competing with the A teams. Add a couple more legit horses and that depth gap starts to go away quickly.

I would rather have my son help build a team. I think that it might be more fun for him. Where would you put your money other than the top 3?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would rather have my son help build a team. I think that it might be more fun for him. Where would you put your money other than the top 3?

It all makes no sense. Eclipse gets beat bad by Express in the beg. of the spring then out of no where gets beat bad by eclipse then Eclipse beats Taz. We all say "what the [lacrosse] they brought in 2023's!!!" and I agree. Then Express plays Taz to within 1 goal and "they brought in 2023's" and again i agree. and again we all know that the top teams are loaded with kids born 2005. Are we not all sick of the cheating? this is youth sports??? Comn people do something! someone make some rules! its ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son is not one of the top 10 players (especially Express!) on one of the AA teams, then, your son is better off being in the top 10 of one of the A teams, of which there are many.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son is not one of the top 10 players (especially Express!) on one of the AA teams, then, your son is better off being in the top 10 of one of the A teams, of which there are many.

Anyone know how S2S is doing with their new team? Do they have A potential?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I recently watched a Taz game where there were 8 dads in the coaching box barking out orders like it was a town team. It was a hot mess. I have heard stories about how these dads will run off new talent to protect the current kids' playing time. I would much rather play for an up and coming team that has professional coaches that have a real interest in developing all the kids (not just their own).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So other than those 3 squads - what team would you put your money on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone know how S2S is doing with their new team? Do they have A potential?

S2S is on the up and up. No parent coach, coach is at practice-he’s already promised practice in spring and he’s a varsity coach. I haven’t met/don’t know every parent but kids are at practices so I’d call that loyal. Looking forward to the spring/summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On second thought, I re-read your post and frankly should apologize. You are a prospective Eclipse player parent, correct?
If that is the case, Eclipse would be an excellent program for your son.

Furthermore, your keen insights and copious opinions would not only be welcomed by the current Eclipse parents, but I am certain they will be well received by the Eclipse coaching staff.
I wish you well in getting your son on the 2024 Eclipse squad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I recently watched a Taz game where there were 8 dads in the coaching box barking out orders like it was a town team. It was a hot mess. I have heard stories about how these dads will run off new talent to protect the current kids' playing time. I would much rather play for an up and coming team that has professional coaches that have a real interest in developing all the kids (not just their own).

You got bad intel. They will add whoever is the best player available. I played them all fall. Very talented kids and extremely well coached.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haters gonna hate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You got bad intel. They will add whoever is the best player available. I played them all fall. Very talented kids and extremely well coached.

First off, 8 coaches in "the box" or even on the players sidelines would be illegal, secondly, how would you know any of them were dads ,and lastly, don't be so bitter, get some off season training and try out again next season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is on age and real good player. However, he will not make the AA teams as the majority of the kids that make those teams are older, and take his spot. So Yes, he plays and is one of the better players on his 'A team'. Funny, how I see many of the AA lax team players on the football fields. the majority having to play on their age in the 12yr old division. So I look at those AA teams that are so highly spoken about as 2023 teams because in reality.....They are.

Page 58 of 101 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard