BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
% wins across the board against every team in the age group and some solid 2023 teams goes to the WP. I hate losing to them also but you cant argue the truth. There is one team every 2024 team doesn't want to be matched against and that's the WP. Sucks to see them in your bracket

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sounds like one of the Wolfpack dads is a jealous clown that still can't get over that Madlax rolled WP last Summer. Why don't you give the trolling a break? Real teams do their talking on the field. Glad to see that WP crapped the bed yesterday. Madlax, on the other hand, is continuing to dominate. Madlax beat WP the last time they played them. Beat Taz the last two times they played them. And beat LIE (the soon to be best team on the Island) twice. Enough said.

What happened at Elite 8?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like one of the Wolfpack dads is a jealous clown that still can't get over that Madlax rolled WP last Summer. Why don't you give the trolling a break? Real teams do their talking on the field. Glad to see that WP crapped the bed yesterday. Madlax, on the other hand, is continuing to dominate. Madlax beat WP the last time they played them. Beat Taz the last two times they played them. And beat LIE (the soon to be best team on the Island) twice. Enough said.

Are you really trolling Madlax with a 91 run tournament from early last Summer? I am sure all the teams have changed since then, and they will change again by Spring. This should be about which programs are developing the best athletes, not what happened in the past. Why don't we all give it a rest?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear Madlax-Cheaters,

Madlax-cheaters "dominate"...??

The last time the Madlax-cheaters played Looneys, Madlax-cheaters lost! Madlax-cheaters lost to a B team!!

The last time Madlax-cheaters played Team 91 MD, Madlax-cheaters lost, again!

Madlax-cheaters was able to squeak out 1 LUCKY win that tourney, losing 2, even with all of their 2023 holdbacks!!

Madlax-cheaters, keep playing in your 2024 B tourneys, while WP has moved on the 2023 tourneys, in search of real competition.

Yes, 2023. Remember?? That's the grade that most of your team is suppose to be in right now. Yeah, that one!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you really trolling Madlax with a 91 run tournament from early last Summer? I am sure all the teams have changed since then, and they will change again by Spring. This should be about which programs are developing the best athletes, not what happened in the past. Why don't we all give it a rest?

SEE YOU IN DENVER NEXT YEAR MADLAX-CHEATERS. WOOPS! KEEP FORGETTING, THEY DON'T ALLOW CHEATERS IN THE WSYL!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SEE YOU IN DENVER NEXT YEAR MADLAX-CHEATERS. WOOPS! KEEP FORGETTING, THEY DON'T ALLOW CHEATERS IN THE WSYL!!!

You keep saying see you in Denver next year. You do realize that next year is for 2023s with 9/2004 or later birthdays. 2024s would not be until 2019. Either you are clueless or really pathetic to be talking about 2019 already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WP played up , you can not say anything about that. Win or loose they should earn the respect respect of all. Regardless of the weak 2023 temas they played

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody here cares about LI and your ugly wives.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on a 2024 team with several hold backs. He is a very good player but see's limited opportunities, because of the presence of the older players. His growth is being limited, as a result. But, he is on a good team, with good coaches, and I see value in that. I know that there are many other parents in the same situation. Just wondering how other parents are dealing with this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on a 2024 team with several hold backs. He is a very good player but see's limited opportunities, because of the presence of the older players. His growth is being limited, as a result. But, he is on a good team, with good coaches, and I see value in that. I know that there are many other parents in the same situation. Just wondering how other parents are dealing with this.

He's not as good as you think he is. Quit chasing the dream.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team is he on? If you are being honest with yourself, you already know the answer. You can find the right environment for him if you actually want to do what's best for him (good coaches with the opportunity to play.) Do you want to look back on this and only be able to say that he was on a good team with good coaches and learned the game the correct way, but never played? As a parent you can justify anything, but wins and losses and being on a top team don't matter if your kid doesn't get to play enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What team is he on? If you are being honest with yourself, you already know the answer. You can find the right environment for him if you actually want to do what's best for him (good coaches with the opportunity to play.) Do you want to look back on this and only be able to say that he was on a good team with good coaches and learned the game the correct way, but never played? As a parent you can justify anything, but wins and losses and being on a top team don't matter if your kid doesn't get to play enough.

I’m sure you are right. Thank you. I’m still pretty new to this game. My concern is, if we switch teams, he could end up being in the exact same situation. Seems like this is a prevalent issue with teams. Are there any teams that don’t have this problem?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sure you are right. Thank you. I’m still pretty new to this game. My concern is, if we switch teams, he could end up being in the exact same situation. Seems like this is a prevalent issue with teams. Are there any teams that don’t have this problem?

plenty of teams out there , that do not have this problem. Sounds to me like FAKES NEWS... just trying to stir the pot. If your Kid is a good player he will play. My son plays with kids that play up and play more then most. There are plenty of teams out there for your kid to be on and play. Plenty of trainers out there as well. Has nothing to do with holdbacks. COP - OUT POST

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes....the bad ones. All teams in the HoCo elite divisions will have a lot of holdbacks. The other option is to drop down a level if you son is not able to get time on the elite teams. There is nothing wrong with that. He's only in 6th grade and can always move back up as he develops if he can then get the playing time on those top teams. Holdbacks or not, it's a tough situation as kids get older. Benches get shorter as the focus is more on winning. And sometimes there are difficult discussion that are required with the children. Hard work pays off. If he wants it and works hard enough at it there's no reason he can't get on one of those teams in a year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

plenty of teams out there , that do not have this problem. Sounds to me like FAKES NEWS... just trying to stir the pot. If your Kid is a good player he will play. My son plays with kids that play up and play more then most. There are plenty of teams out there for your kid to be on and play. Plenty of trainers out there as well. Has nothing to do with holdbacks. COP - OUT POST

You are Hilarious there ! Play up?? In MD ...LOL..No one plays up in MD. Holdbacks are entrenched in most of the better teams. Maybe C level rec is where they play up! Play up in MD . Hilarious!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on what level he is and what you want. If he is a good player right below holdbacks..You have no choice ..Hold him back . Especially if you go to a MIAA school. If he is public school player, not as important to hold him back unless you are thinking D1..Then hold him back for sure in MD. That is who you are competing with for D1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on what level he is and what you want. If he is a good player right below holdbacks..You have no choice ..Hold him back . Especially if you go to a MIAA school. If he is public school player, not as important to hold him back unless you are thinking D1..Then hold him back for sure in MD. That is who you are competing with for D1.

Thank you for the advice. I’d say my son rates right under the hold backs. Never thought about holding him back. He could have a shot at D1. Maybe I should consider it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you for the advice. I’d say my son rates right under the hold backs. Never thought about holding him back. He could have a shot at D1. Maybe I should consider it.

No one is holding back 6th grade kids in hopes they will play D1, come on. At best they will get books or meals, small fractional $ and a chance to register for classes before the non-sport playing student body, if they even get the shot. What you are calling "holdbacks" at this age are simply a few private school kids that were designated by the school to go the pre-first route. A true holdback is the rising 9th grader that is asked to reclass and repeat 8th grade (Crabs) to gain an an advantage. This chain had to be started by a LI clown trolling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is holding back 6th grade kids in hopes they will play D1, come on. At best they will get books or meals, small fractional $ and a chance to register for classes before the non-sport playing student body, if they even get the shot. What you are calling "holdbacks" at this age are simply a few private school kids that were designated by the school to go the pre-first route. A true holdback is the rising 9th grader that is asked to reclass and repeat 8th grade (Crabs) to gain an an advantage. This chain had to be started by a LI clown trolling.

No..A prefirst is a child that was heldback from going to 1st grade for various reasons. Spin it anyway or call it anything you want but he/she is a holdback just like the 8th grader who does 8th grade twice.

A few?? That is laughable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agreed. It is the off-season. If your son has the head, heart and the hustle he will be hitting the wall and shooting everyday.
As previously posted, there are great trainers out there and box-lax programs out there, as well. One leveling fact, if your 2024 son is not using his weak hand and not working to improve it, his days are numbered. If his lax IQ is low and not seeing the whole game, his days are numbered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey honey, I know he's only 5, but wouldn't it be great to have our son go to prefirst so he can gain a super human advantage over the other children of the world and perhaps get a full ride in lacrosse and dominate the free world and be the 2nd lacrosse millionaire?!

There's no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow, just let them have fun for the love of God.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey honey, I know he's only 5, but wouldn't it be great to have our son go to prefirst so he can gain a super human advantage over the other children of the world and perhaps get a full ride in lacrosse and dominate the free world and be the 2nd lacrosse millionaire?!

There's no pot of gold at the end of this rainbow, just let them have fun for the love of God.

The why a kid is held back is not important at all in this conversation. The end results are what people are upset about. They might not of planned on him excelling at Lacrosse but they sure as H*ll in joy taking advantage of the fact their son is 14 to 18 months older then the kids on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manute Bol retired from basketball in 1995 at the age of 32, or so we’ve been led to believe.

The college basketball coach who brought Bol to the United States in the mid-1980s — now a scout for the Indiana Pacers — told zagsblog.com’s Adam Zagoria that he made up the 7-foot-7 center’s widely recognized birthday, October, 16, 1962, soon after flying him into the country for a recruiting visit.

Here is an OG holdback, re-class, pre-first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavalier 2022, 2024 and 2026 each won the championship at Colonial Challenge. Not aware of any other club that has successfully won 3 championships at the same tournament. Our boys work very hard and deserve every accolade they get. What an incredible accomplishment. Just saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The why a kid is held back is not important at all in this conversation. The end results are what people are upset about. They might not of planned on him excelling at Lacrosse but they sure as H*ll in joy taking advantage of the fact their son is 14 to 18 months older then the kids on the field.

90% of these prefirst kids are born in the same calendar/birth year as the other kids in their class. It just doesn't provide the perceived advantage at this stage. Aside from the giant on Madlax there's no one completely dominating in this region based on having been in prefirst.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

90% of these prefirst kids are born in the same calendar/birth year as the other kids in their class. It just doesn't provide the perceived advantage at this stage. Aside from the giant on Madlax there's no one completely dominating in this region based on having been in prefirst.

But the madlax kid isn't a holdback, correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That idea is stupid. Maybe your son just isn't that good yet. He is just in the 6th grade. Good grief!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are talking about D1 scholarships in the 6th grade and you got a kid they can't even get in the game on their own 6th grade team. Really?

Back in my day there were kids that could play and kids that couldn't. Now it's my kid is just below the holdbacks. Unbelievable!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would kill you if your son also saw limited opportunities on the 2025 team as well. It's not out of the question because some of these 2025 are better than the 2024s. Your son's limited playing time is not because of holdbacks. Trust me. I have coached the game for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is an advantage to be heldback. No question about it. And Especially if you are a pretty decent to good player. Hold him back and he becomes a very good to great player.

The only ones born in SAME calendar year are the Sept thru Dec players. You still have Jan thru August players?? Even with same calendar year ?? How many is it per team?
Advantage to holdback thru their youth playing years. HS it does even out for the most part. But still a slight advantage to many. Along with the holdback seeing the field much more in his youth. And I know of several prefirsts that were born in the Sept-Dec prior year, so those children are year to almost two years older than other players, but still only held back one year.

Now is their a pot of gold at end? In lacrosse not much of a pot. But it is much more fun to watch your kid start in youth and HS then not to. This is from a non heldback player parent who has seen the effects of the MIAA school holdback epidemic first hand. I was lucky as my child was physically able to keep up, But many weren't. HS now and its competition against 9-12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not a Madlax guy, but let's just let that one go otherwise this board will light up like a LI dock worker on break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m sure you are right. Thank you. I’m still pretty new to this game. My concern is, if we switch teams, he could end up being in the exact same situation. Seems like this is a prevalent issue with teams. Are there any teams that don’t have this problem

You guys are talking about D1 scholarships in the 6th grade and you got a kid they can't even get in the game on their own 6th grade team. Really?

Back in my day there were kids that could play and kids that couldn't. Now it's my kid is just below the holdbacks. Unbelievable!

Whats so unbelievable?? There is a class of youth players that heldback/prefirst now. Many are the better youth players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It would kill you if your son also saw limited opportunities on the 2025 team as well. It's not out of the question because some of these 2025 are better than the 2024s. Your son's limited playing time is not because of holdbacks. Trust me. I have coached the game for years.

If he is not playing ..because the player satrting are held back, what would you call that?? His parent said that it was holdbacks that were ahead of him?? And that he was just behind them. Give him another year and he is better than those holdbacks it sounds like to me.

Not sure what you are coaching or where,,,but holdbacks are prevalent and hold many starting positions in MD now a days. Its a fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not a Madlax guy, but let's just let that one go otherwise this board will light up like a LI dock worker on break.

Good point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point.

There are no "docks" on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay. So what LI 2024 squads are on the verge of creating something special? Excellent coaching. No parent coaches. Loyal parents. Does it exist?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay. So what LI 2024 squads are on the verge of creating something special? Excellent coaching. No parent coaches. Loyal parents. Does it exist?

If it does, it should be discussed on the LI/NY forum.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now with spring around the corner, what are folks thinking as preseason rankings?

MadLax
BLC
Team 91
Hawks
Looneys
Crabs
NextLeval

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now with spring around the corner, what are folks thinking as preseason rankings?

MadLax
BLC
Team 91
Hawks
Looneys
Crabs
NextLeval

Who the heck put this list together?!!

91 WP easily the best team on that list, just like EVERY year. Same ole same ole.

What a joke. In any tourney with these teams, not one of the teams besides 91WP makes the finals, if Legacy Taz is there. Finals will be WP - Taz, every single time.

You heard it here, Taz smokes ML and sweeps them easily all summer, beaten at their own game of biggie Lacrosse. ML has one biggie who is an average player. Taz has two biggie players and two is more than one! And guess what, they aren’t average players. One is MUCH better than the ML kid. The other is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better than the ML player. Best at the grade. They will make hamburger out of your little sorry list. No pot stirring here. Cheeseburgers anyone?!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If he is not playing ..because the player satrting are held back, what would you call that?? His parent said that it was holdbacks that were ahead of him?? And that he was just behind them. Give him another year and he is better than those holdbacks it sounds like to me.

Not sure what you are coaching or where,,,but holdbacks are prevalent and hold many starting positions in MD now a days. Its a fact
I have the same problem . My son plays the trumpet, but does not get the seat beacause of holdbacks .

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard