BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 48 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Enrolled in 6th grade and was 11 before school started. The fact that there is some 5th graders that are older on the team doesnt change anything. People complaint are not all opponents. Most of the info came from Fellow parents that disnt like Channy bringing in these kids that weren’t needed. Core of kids is very talented. The new additions were not needed

And wait until summer when Channy adds a few new starters, last year it was the Texas 2 step, this year there will be more. Bet on it!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enrolled in 6th grade and was 11 before school started. The fact that there is some 5th graders that are older on the team doesnt change anything. People complaint are not all opponents. Most of the info came from Fellow parents that disnt like Channy bringing in these kids that weren’t needed. Core of kids is very talented. The new additions were not needed

Yeah, you’re kid definitely got bumped. Stop being such a whiny Mary about it and move on.

They held a parent meeting last summer and we're told that the team was being split into AA and A and that wasn't the result. So that's probably still an idea that may pan out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your not paying $4k to share sideline and playing time . They are supposed to be teaching the kids to play lacrosse not how to cheat the system

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can the title of this thread be changed to Boys 2025 (and 2024) - 5th Grade (and 6th if your not good enough)?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And wait until summer when Channy adds a few new starters, last year it was the Texas 2 step, this year there will be more. Bet on it!

I heard this year is the Baltimore Bombers!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, you’re kid definitely got bumped. Stop being such a whiny Mary about it and move on.

yes - actually it is cheating - it may not be cheating for an advantage but it is cheating none the less, it is a 5th grade tournament for kids in 5th grade.
The point was if the kids are the same age, not grade. Age. If they are the same age it's as fair as can be. My son is 10 , he will be 11 in a few months. if the kid on the other team is Doogie Howser and he is also 10, but he is an 8th grade student, he is not cheating playing against my son's team. I don't care what anybody says. It is not cheating.

yes - actually it is cheating - it may not be cheating for an advantage but it is cheating none the less, it is a 5th grade tournament for kids in 5th grade.

If Stephen Hawking rolled onto the field wearing an Express North jersey, while it would be no advantage to Express North it would still be cheating because he is not in 5th grade

a tournament without rules is anarchy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The point was if the kids are the same age, not grade. Age. If they are the same age it's as fair as can be. My son is 10 , he will be 11 in a few months. if the kid on the other team is Doogie Howser and he is also 10, but he is an 8th grade student, he is not cheating playing against my son's team. I don't care what anybody says. It is not cheating.

If Stephen Hawking rolled onto the field wearing an Express North jersey, while it would be no advantage to Express North it would still be cheating because he is not in 5th grade

The people who cheated the system early on (hold backs) say its cheating. And I would say that most of the TOP teams have at least 85% of there teams roster made up up of kids born in 2006. To me, that makes it an even playing field . There is only one boy in question right now. Could you imagine how much better that team would be if the other 2 boys decided to play 2025? You want to avoid this? Then have the tournament directors put some DOB restrictions on there tournaments.... wait no good??? oh ya your kid was held back for lax so he could play with younger kids and have an advantage. You feel threatened by a young 6th grader who is about the exact same age as 85% of the boys on your team . What do you do in 2-yrs and the WSYL tryouts rolls around and the young 2024's born after Aug.31st decide to show up and take little Johnny's spot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The people who cheated the system early on (hold backs) say its cheating. And I would say that most of the TOP teams have at least 85% of there teams roster made up up of kids born in 2006. To me, that makes it an even playing field . There is only one boy in question right now. Could you imagine how much better that team would be if the other 2 boys decided to play 2025? You want to avoid this? Then have the tournament directors put some DOB restrictions on there tournaments.... wait no good??? oh ya your kid was held back for lax so he could play with younger kids and have an advantage. You feel threatened by a young 6th grader who is about the exact same age as 85% of the boys on your team . What do you do in 2-yrs and the WSYL tryouts rolls around and the young 2024's born after Aug.31st decide to show up and take little Johnny's spot?

Please don't make up phony facts to make your BS answer seem even remotely reasonable. Even the Cheating Scum 2024/2025 Express are at least 65/75% 2007 Birthdays if not more. But one 6th grader is too many and makes that cheating 2024 team just weak.

Sorry cheater dad, your personal weakness has dragged down the whole team. It is your fault.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please don't make up phony facts to make your BS answer seem even remotely reasonable. Even the Cheating Scum 2024/2025 Express are at least 65/75% 2007 Birthdays if not more. But one 6th grader is too many and makes that cheating 2024 team just weak.

Sorry cheater dad, your personal weakness has dragged down the whole team. It is your fault.

HAhahaha so you say the top teams have only "35% hold backs"..l think I am closer w/the 85%... at least with the starters.
I am not the cheater dad. But man You are just hating on a team that's besting you. Remember these are 10 and mostly 11yr old boys playing a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey cheater Dad, whatever makes you feel better. I hear that every other team except Express is 100% holdbacks and Cheaters playing down. It's about time that Channy did what he needed to do to keep up.

Thank the good lord that you have decided to break the age barrier for your organization! It practically a Jackie Robinson moment.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey cheater Dad, whatever makes you feel better. I hear that every other team except Express is 100% holdbacks and Cheaters playing down. It's about time that Channy did what he needed to do to keep up.

Thank the good lord that you have decided to break the age barrier for your organization! It practically a Jackie Robinson moment.

If your kid was better and didn’t act like his weak father, this wouldn’t be an issue. Hey, but good job in fixing the problem. I’m sure all clubs are reading your pathetic posts and changing the way they run their teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow way to go 9d1 looks like you played some stiff competition yesterday

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Enrolled in 6th grade and was 11 before school started. The fact that there is some 5th graders that are older on the team doesnt change anything. People complaint are not all opponents. Most of the info came from Fellow parents that disnt like Channy bringing in these kids that weren’t needed. Core of kids is very talented. The new additions were not needed

Please don't make up phony facts to make your [lacrosse] answer seem even remotely reasonable. Even the Cheating person 2024/2025 Express are at least 65/75% 2007 Birthdays if not more. But one 6th grader is too many and makes that cheating 2024 team just weak.

HAhahaha so you say the top teams have only "35% hold backs"..l think I am closer w/the 85%... at least with the starters.
I am not the cheater dad. But man You are just hating on a team that's besting you. Remember these are 10 and mostly 11yr old boys playing a game.[/quote

Exactly the point. Most 2025's are not mostly 11yr olds unless of course you play for cheating channy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's what 91 wanted

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most if not all 2025's should be 10 at this point, not mostly 11. Unless your dad is holdback Harry or again your part of Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice job by Blast waiting it out till Geese, Ducks, Igloo and Express were done for the season. Congrats on your shirts. I guess this is what we can expect from your new coaches. As long as they put you in the weakest tournaments, they minimize your chances of losing? It's a good strategy for dealing with you parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice job by Blast waiting it out till Geese, Ducks, Igloo and Express were done for the season. Congrats on your shirts. I guess this is what we can expect from your new coaches. As long as they put you in the weakest tournaments, they minimize your chances of losing? It's a good strategy for dealing with you parents.

As we start the week of Thanksgiving week and then start the most wonderful holiday season of the year, I wanted to say that I am thankful that my child is happy and healthy and that whatever teams and sports your child plays for that he is also happy and healthy. Mostly I am thankful for the fact that I could not give 2 $htz about any other team or organization or even how old some kids are, I only care about my own son, my own team, my own organization and that he continues to love this great sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must me be from the channy cult saying most kids are 11 at this point in 2025. Any kid who is 11 now and playing 2025 is either a holdback or a 6th grader. Channy has both. Most of these 2025 teams are filled with 10 yr olds

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must me be from the channy cult saying most kids are 11 at this point in 2025. Any kid who is 11 now and playing 2025 is either a holdback or a 6th grader. Channy has both. Most of these 2025 teams are filled with 10 yr olds

One of the new kids is a summer birthday double hold back, they have no shame. Kid will not even make the WSYL roster so what is Channy relying on for that kid? Oh, its a grade based system. Whatever works for you Mikey teeth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are in denial. This is Lacrosse!! and ALL of the of the TOP teams- Exp, 91, Leg, Ducks all have hold backs on there roster. So they might not all be 11 yet, but a high % of these teams have 06 dob's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just an interview with Ty Xanders, he stated that he will no longer be including players that are in the "correct" age for their grade in his write-ups. His thinking is that if the parents don't care enough to hold the player back so as to give him an advantage in 5th grade than he longer will take that kid seriously and include him in write ups. I was shocked by his honesty but I understand the thought process, why reward parents for not holding their kid back.

parents that do not hold their kid back are
whiners not winners

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of the new kids is a summer birthday double hold back, they have no shame. Kid will not even make the WSYL roster so what is Channy relying on for that kid? Oh, its a grade based system. Whatever works for you Mikey teeth.

Lol, no such thing as bad press. Express is clearly the best team after the fall season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just an interview with Ty Xanders, he stated that he will no longer be including players that are in the "correct" age for their grade in his write-ups. His thinking is that if the parents don't care enough to hold the player back so as to give him an advantage in 5th grade than he longer will take that kid seriously and include him in write ups. I was shocked by his honesty but I understand the thought process, why reward parents for not holding their kid back.

parents that do not hold their kid back are
whiners not winners

I hope this is parody...?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol, no such thing as bad press. Express is clearly the best team after the fall season.

Absolute truth! Best 2024 team playing 2025 there is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They swept the Havoc, Tristar, and N American without losing a game. I'd say that's pretty good. Geese are the only ones that beat them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They swept the Havoc, Tristar, and N American without losing a game. I'd say that's pretty good. Geese are the only ones that beat them.

Its easy to sweep everyone when your playing down. Go bragging about playing teams a year younger

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL @ Express.

EXPOSED!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL @ Express.

EXPOSED!!!

Fake like Channy's teeth. Fake 2025s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am changing my opinion on things. Again my opinion, as I would prefer to look at this another way. I am actually starting to think grade based is going to end. Because they'll be more and more people adopting the US Lacrosse and WSYL age guidlines into grade based. It's the can'take beat join then mentality. Not saying it's right or agreeing. But just maybe this is a needed shakeup. Because this topic isn't going away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must me be from the Chan cult saying most kids are 11 at this point in 2025. Any kid who is 11 now and playing 2025 is either a holdback or a 6th grader. Chan has both. Most of these 2025 teams are filled with 10 yr olds

One of the new kids is a summer birthday double hold back, they have no shame. Kid will not even make the WSYL roster so what is Chan relying on for that kid? Oh, its a grade based system. Whatever works for you Mikey teeth.

Its easy to sweep everyone when your playing down. Go bragging about playing teams a year younger

It wasn't that easy... A Lot of close games and they even had a loss.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the great experiment going over at Geese?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dsjslfjdlsjflfj

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sfdsfdfg

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unlike 91, at least they're playing against big boy teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What experiment are you referring to , I assume you just are a S**t stirrer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have a question unrelated to current topic. My son wants the EVO Warp head for Christmas but is getting use to a new head Maverick. He is a middie. Is it counterproductive to have him play with different sticks or just get use to one. Thanks novice lacrosse parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have a question unrelated to current topic. My son wants the EVO Warp head for Christmas but is getting use to a new head Maverick. He is a middie. Is it counterproductive to have him play with different sticks or just get use to one. Thanks novice lacrosse parents.

I prefer my son to get used to one for the season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry Santa, but the Warp has not shown itself to be a very good head so far. If it was better, you would see tons of athletes using it, so far that hasn't happened. My son has one and he scrapped it because he said it did not give him any hold. There is nothing wrong with a young kid trying different equipment, but the Warp is an expensive experiment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Warp Pro is excellent. The other Warps are terrible, you’re better off buying a tennis racket. Either go Warp Pro or stay away from them. Make sure he tries the different pockets and whip levels before you buy as there is no changing it unlike a traditional head that can be restrung.

Page 28 of 48 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard