BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 33 of 64 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 63 64
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't Hoco do a play in tournament to see who got in the Elite Div for the 2020's a few years ago since they a bunch of bubble teams. Think they will do this again for the 2022's?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dukes/Koopers
Hawks
DCE
RR
any of those teams can beat each other.
FCA
Crabs
91 MD
API
Next Level

These teams all have some proving to do.

How many of the Koopers '21 kids are there? There better be a lot to supplement the Koopers '22 team. Since you can only be rostered on one team, I can't see the Dukes/Koopers team being consistent if they are relying on a few older kids dropping down and kids coming in from out of state, week in and week out.

I would add 91 MD, FCA, Madlax and Crabs to the top tier list. 91 was the '22 Natl. Champ finalist and has a pool of TX and NC players to pull from. Madlax stomped 91 this fall, so they are legit. FCA looks to have improved and despite the score against the Crabs, the Crabs looked strong throughout the fall. I would move RR down to the teams that have something to prove. They have solid coaching, but their team is small and don't looks as talented as the top tier teams. The struggled vs. API this fall. Who knows, maybe that means API is much improved. Not sure what Next Level has done since the spring.

I think there will be some surprises this year, but it is still the Hawks to lose with DCE close behind.

RR was short handed in most of the fall games. They have improved a lot getting top kids from 91Md and a few from other teams. They will be very tough this spring.Only team to always give Hawks a tough time. 91Md will not be able to call up out of state players for the Hoco league. Forgot about Mad Lax they will be up at the top too. Koopers have enough for a 22 elite and 22AA teams. They will just combine there best players from old team with 21's and other Duke kids . Not sure about the rules for allowing out of state players in the league. 91 will have same issue and anyone else with out of state players on roster. FCA added a few holdbacks as all teams have , simply the nature of the beast.There is a ton of talent on all the teams. It will be tough to run the table for any team. Only way Koopers team can compete is to bring in Duke players and 21's. Some 21's have just been playing up and are moving down so they can play during the spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes/Koopers
Hawks
DCE
RR
FCA
Crabs
91 MD
API
Next Level

How many of the Koopers '21 kids are there? There better be a lot to supplement the Koopers '22 team. Since you can only be rostered on one team, I can't see the Dukes/Koopers team being consistent if they are relying on a few older kids dropping down and kids coming in from out of state, week in and week out.

I would add 91 MD, FCA, Madlax and Crabs to the top tier list. 91 was the '22 Natl. Champ finalist and has a pool of TX and NC players to pull from. Madlax stomped 91 this fall, so they are legit. FCA looks to have improved and despite the score against the Crabs, the Crabs looked strong throughout the fall. I would move RR down to the teams that have something to prove. They have solid coaching, but their team is small and don't looks as talented as the top tier teams. The struggled vs. API this fall. Who knows, maybe that means API is much improved. Not sure what Next Level has done since the spring.

I think there will be some surprises this year, but it is still the Hawks to lose with DCE close behind.

RR was short handed in most of the fall games. They have improved a lot getting top kids from 91Md and a few from other teams. They will be very tough this spring.Only team to always give Hawks a tough time. 91Md will not be able to call up out of state players for the Hoco league. Forgot about Mad Lax they will be up at the top too. Koopers have enough for a 22 elite and 22AA teams. They will just combine there best players from old team with 21's and other Duke kids . Not sure about the rules for allowing out of state players in the league. 91 will have same issue and anyone else with out of state players on roster. FCA added a few holdbacks as all teams have , simply the nature of the beast.There is a ton of talent on all the teams. It will be tough to run the table for any team. Only way Koopers team can compete is to bring in Duke players and 21's. Some 21's have just been playing up and are moving down so they can play during the spring.

What a string of nonsense. You know nothing about most of these teams. You are obviously a RR parent based on you advocating for them, but the rest of this is just pure conjecture. Only team to always give Hawks a tough time? I guess you are ignoring DC Express who beat them a couple weeks ago as well as the fact that as BLC they gave Hawks a tough game every meeting last year. You have no idea on what the Koopers team will consist of. You have no idea who FCA added because you are wrong in terms of them being holdbacks. The kids that went to RR from 91 were not their top players. There is no reason the out of state 91 kids can't come up for HOCO. They have done it in the past. If anything, it's easier this year as the games are on Saturday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite Division

Crabs
91 Md
FCA
Koopers
Rough Riders
API
Hawks
DC Express
Mad Lax

USS(Kent Island)-?
Richmond Hawks-?
Next Level-?

Any team missing ?

Evergreen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes/Koopers
Hawks
DCE
RR
FCA
Crabs
91 MD
API
Next Level

What a string of nonsense. You know nothing about most of these teams. You are obviously a RR parent based on you advocating for them, but the rest of this is just pure conjecture. Only team to always give Hawks a tough time? I guess you are ignoring DC Express who beat them a couple weeks ago as well as the fact that as BLC they gave Hawks a tough game every meeting last year. You have no idea on what the Koopers team will consist of. You have no idea who FCA added because you are wrong in terms of them being holdbacks. The kids that went to RR from 91 were not their top players. There is no reason the out of state 91 kids can't come up for HOCO. They have done it in the past. If anything, it's easier this year as the games are on Saturday.

RR are the only team to consistently give Hawks a rough time in the past.(not the only team to beat them) Not a RR parent at all just know a little something about the games I watch. Safe to assume you are a BLC daddy. Hawks destroyed BLC in Championship game 11-3. BLC has only came close 1 time to ever beating Hawks which was the 1st game of the year lass season. DCE did beat the Hawks with a completely different team than last year and a different team even a month ago when the Hawks beat them up by 5 goals. Again all teams are beatable but don't go pounding your chest on 1 scrimmage. RR did pick up the top tier players from 91 including fogo. Everyone also knows exactly who FCA added and who the holdbacks are. Except I guess you. If you like we can put DCE at the top of any list from here on out so their won't be any confusing on how good you think they are. Comments are not set in stone and are opinions that really do not matter at all.(pure conjecture) Didn't mean to get you so rattled. We look forward to hearing how good DCE is on this thread from you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, the last poster had it right. This guy knows nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Api is not as good this year . They pick up 2 good players that will make a impact a long pole and a middie from team 91. The rest of the kids are a step down . They lost good players and Buggs broke the team chemistry . The new players are not as good as the players left ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Api is not as good this year . They pick up 2 good players that will make a impact a long pole and a middie from team 91. The rest of the kids are a step down . They lost good players and Buggs broke the team chemistry . The new players are not as good as the players left ..

It was broken long before Buggs got there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes/Koopers
Hawks
DCE
RR
FCA
Crabs
91 MD
API
Next Level

RR always plays Hawks tough. maybe 1 or 2 kids could make the Hawks, The Hawks have 8 -10 more holdbacks than the Hawks. They practice 30 more times a year than the RR, they do 20 more film sessions than the RR yet can barely beat them. I wonder why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes/Koopers
Hawks
DCE
RR
FCA
Crabs
91 MD
API
Next Level

RR always plays Hawks tough. maybe 1 or 2 kids could make the Hawks, The Hawks have 8 -10 more holdbacks than the Hawks. They practice 30 more times a year than the RR, they do 20 more film sessions than the RR yet can barely beat them. I wonder why?

Why?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why?

Because Hawks subs early after building big leads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why?

Do you mean like last year when you needed 2 goals in the last 2 minutes to win?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavalier 2022, 2024 and 2026 each won the championship at Colonial Challenge. Not aware of any other club that has successfully won 3 championships at the same tournament. Our boys work very hard and deserve every accolade they get. What an incredible accomplishment. Just saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavalier 2022, 2024 and 2026 each won the championship at Colonial Challenge. Not aware of any other club that has successfully won 3 championships at the same tournament. Our boys work very hard and deserve every accolade they get. What an incredible accomplishment. Just saying.

Nice try for a fake troll post. Looking to get some negative comments on Cav's. I can see the feeble attempt. If it were a real effort you would mention that the 2023 team also won the championship at the Colonial Challenge. You sir, are not match for the Evergreen troll

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right. Because that is definitely as impressive as Hawks winning every age at Young Guns last summer. Same talent level at those two tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes Nationals Won brandywine this weekend beating bbl in championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dukes attack, #3, was on fire. The kid is a marksman.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right. Because that is definitely as impressive as Hawks winning every age at Young Guns last summer. Same talent level at those two tournaments.

LMAO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try for a fake troll post. Looking to get some negative comments on Cav's. I can see the feeble attempt. If it were a real effort you would mention that the 2023 team also won the championship at the Colonial Challenge. You sir, are not match for the Evergreen troll

It's called an omission. My son plays for Cavs 2026 and I was going by our Instagram page. Didn't see 2023 mentioned. But if your son plays for a different club and you keep track of all the Cavalier teams, then that tells me our club is on the same level as everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why?

Do you mean like last year when you needed 2 goals in the last 2 minutes to win?

Is this 2 RR dads commenting to each other? Just text each other instead. funny stuff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why?

Is this 2 RR dads commenting to each other? Just text each other instead. funny stuff

^^^^HAHAHA^^^ It sure seems like it. Really funny. Happy Thanksgiving to you two Turkeys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course the Dukes Nationals #3 Attackman is a marksman. He will be 15 in 3 months. 15 as an 8th Grader.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do all 14 or 15 year old boys shoot like him?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course the Dukes Nationals #3 Attackman is a marksman. He will be 15 in 3 months. 15 as an 8th Grader.

Seriously? No way he will be 15

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't let people tell you the Koopers '21 kids are playing up. They are playing with kids their own age despite being 8th graders. All good players even at '21, but holdbacks or pre-firsts if you prefer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats only held back one year or a prefirst player...Which for some reason seems like the normal for MD in the youth ranks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't let people tell you the Koopers '21 kids are playing up. They are playing with kids their own age despite being 8th graders. All good players even at '21, but holdbacks or pre-firsts if you prefer.

Well at least they are playing with their own age unlike most prefirst players who play down. They can get their advantage on their Middle schools teams and HS teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well at least they are playing with their own age unlike most prefirst players who play down. They can get their advantage on their Middle schools teams and HS teams.

They'll be playing 2022 in the spring. 21s will be playing with their high school teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They'll be playing 2022 in the spring. 21s will be playing with their high school teams.

The two D1 coach's kids are legitimate 8th graders. The other 2022s on Koopers were born before 9/1 and are holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cavs youth teams have never played in an elite tournament. When Cavs scrimmages top programs, they get smoked. For example, Cavs 2023 is by far the best Cavs youth team. This fall, Cav 2023 scrimmaged Next Level and BLC and Cavs got run off the field by over 10 goals both times. I have no problem with Cavs. The 2023 coach is probably one of the best youth coaches in the area. But accept Cavs for what it is, champions of second and third tier tournaments who refuse to step up to the big boy tournaments. Nothing wrong with that. Winning bottom-feeder tournaments helps keep all the Loudoun parents writing checks, and Bruce and Marty to pay for the field in Leesburg.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The two D1 coach's kids are legitimate 8th graders. The other 2022s on Koopers were born before 9/1 and are holdbacks.

So basically the Koopers 2022 Spring team will be like the Crabs, FCA, Hawks, and loaded with holdbacks! Well except the two players who are legitimate. Well in MD legitimate could mean that they are in the right grade ( 8th) and 25 years old. LOL... I am so glad that holdbacks are allowed in youth lacrosse. Makes the playing field fair with all players !

Now where is the poster who says there is only a few holdbacks in MD ! We need him now. LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team in the Elite division has holdbacks. If you are going to callout teams you might want to call them all out . Right or wrong the playing field is fair . Every team has them. Every team choose to play in the Elite division and every parent agrees to let their kid play on these teams. Right or wrong its the nature of the beast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team in the Elite division has holdbacks. If you are going to callout teams you might want to call them all out . Right or wrong the playing field is fair . Every team has them. Every team choose to play in the Elite division and every parent agrees to let their kid play on these teams. Right or wrong its the nature of the beast.

Amazing world where a select group of children are allowed to dominate a sport.

Just like Youth sports was meant to be played, dont you think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly level. Rough Riders (hoco) and API (crofton) rely on public school kids because of their location (2 holdbacks) and the other clubs are surrounded by private schools (Baltimore, D.C., Annapolis) and take advantage of all the pre first and holdback kids (8 or more holdbacks)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly level. Rough Riders (hoco) and API (crofton) rely on public school kids because of their location (2 holdbacks) and the other clubs are surrounded by private schools (Baltimore, D.C., Annapolis) and take advantage of all the pre first and holdback kids (8 or more holdbacks)

API has more than 2 and unsure about RR- However they both have them and choose to play in this division. 8 holdbacks? Lets not start by lying on 2 teams and want to believe you on the others. Half of API and RR go to private schools. Again, All these teams agree to play where they do. If your team has 1 or 5 it really doesn't matter. Teams all have try outs and every coach that had an opportunity to take a hold back they did.
Certainly don't agree with any of it as the majority doesn't. It is certainly not the way youth sports was meant to be played. But I agreed to have my kid play at this level with and against holdbacks. I agreed to the team and the league and tournaments they play in. After watching end of summer and this fall the competition level seems to be very level at this elite division. A lot of good lacrosse from a lot of teams.Looking forward to high level lacrosse this spring. Lacrosse that we agreed to be a part of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem with age base kid in the Elite level only a select few will actually play a good amount so your son will lose field time . I would rather my son play AA and play the whole game then play Elite level and get a little time on the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem with age base kid in the Elite level only a select few will actually play a good amount so your son will lose field time . I would rather my son play AA and play the whole game then play Elite level and get a little time on the field

That's ridiculous. Only a select few on age kids will play a good amount? There are 6-7 overage kids on these teams. There is plenty of field time available for the on age kids on the roster. And no, my son is not overage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

API has more than 2 and unsure about RR- However they both have them and choose to play in this division. 8 holdbacks? Lets not start by lying on 2 teams and want to believe you on the others. Half of API and RR go to private schools. Again, All these teams agree to play where they do. If your team has 1 or 5 it really doesn't matter. Teams all have try outs and every coach that had an opportunity to take a hold back they did.
Certainly don't agree with any of it as the majority doesn't. It is certainly not the way youth sports was meant to be played. But I agreed to have my kid play at this level with and against holdbacks. I agreed to the team and the league and tournaments they play in. After watching end of summer and this fall the competition level seems to be very level at this elite division. A lot of good lacrosse from a lot of teams.Looking forward to high level lacrosse this spring. Lacrosse that we agreed to be a part of.

Every coach will take every holdback they can, but the Baltimore / Bethesda / Annapolis clubs have 12 at each tryout while API / RR only have a couple because no one wants to drive to the boonies during the week for practice. They want clubs that practice close to the schools the kids go to.

The Yankees think it is a level playing field for them as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don't know what you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team does your son play for or how much does your son play.

Page 33 of 64 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard