BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 35 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 34 35
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 23 team surely didn't blow out BBL.....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only 2023 AA teams were BBL and Dukes National ( which definitely had 2024’s playing with them) the problem is everyone thinks they are AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone take issue with a National Team such as Dukes playing in a local team tournament like Brandwyine Classic with an all star team. I looked at all the scores and for the most part they are blowing out teams 15-0. It is a bit embarrassing that they would do that and be disrespectful to the game. Gimme a break what do you accomplish by playing in that kind of tournament. My kid plays in the 2024 bracket and that was the one AA bracket that Dukes Nationals ended up pulling out of last minute, ironically, also one of the few brackets that Dukes teams might have faced some teams that they might lose a game. Both BBL and Brotherly would have likely beaten the Dukes National 2024 as my kid has played against that team and by far their worse team. Shame on Dukes Nationals you are making a mockery of the game.

Dude. It's a AA bracket. Yes. They should be able to play.
No, they should be challenging this all star team by playing up an age. So short sighted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were INVITED to play by the tournament organizers. They didn't have enough teams (we only had 4 teams in out bracket) come on...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't doubt the tournament wanted you there it is all about the money and they don't want to cancel tournaments or have brackets of three teams. I agree with the first guy ridiculous and don't think it doesn't hurt your brand and image. I was on the sidelines and people aren't sitting there thinking "wow, good for Dukes Nationals" the comments I heard were 100% negative. The other poster is right if you are going to play in a smaller more local tournament every single team should have played UP.

Look at Team 91 and Legacy in LI they play in the same types of tournaments as well and while they aren't a National Team they play UP. But oh...they don't usually win when they play UP, so it tells me you are a win at all costs club. Wouldn't have it been better for individual player development if each team challenged themselves by playing UP. Classless.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 23 team surely didn't blow out BBL.....

11-1 Finals. 1st game 7-1 with 10-15 mins left, pulled everyone. Neither game was close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says someone who lost the tournament.... take it up with the tournament organization. The only team that had any skills against us was BBL. Some of the boys were good. Would like to play against them again maybe they will come out for the next Dukes tryout?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some 24's and some 15 year olds for sure...
Should have had those 24's play for the Dukes Mainline team. A combo 23/24 team playing in a 24 bracket goes 0-3 outscored 34-1..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's face it Dukes Nationals 2023 is probably the best 2023 team in the country and won their last 4 or 5 tournaments. So what they were B Team Tournaments at best. We all know DN 2023 can beat Team 91 Bandits, L.I. Express, FCA, or any other 2023 anytime. Who cares about the DN Holdbacks. We all know they are on age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some 24's and some 15 year olds for sure...
Should have had those 24's play for the Dukes Mainline team. A combo 23/24 team playing in a 24 bracket goes 0-3 outscored 34-1..

"for sure" Oh yeah? Which 12 or 13 year old are you referring to. This "They have holdbacks" thing that everyone LOVES to use regarding DN has no validity but on an anonymous board you can go ahead and spout your "for sure truth" all you'd like--doesn't make it actual truth at all.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's face it Dukes Nationals 2023 is probably the best 2023 team in the country and won their last 4 or 5 tournaments. So what they were B Team Tournaments at best. We all know DN 2023 can beat Team 91 Bandits, L.I. Express, FCA, or any other 2023 anytime. Who cares about the DN Holdbacks. We all know they are on age.

Oh I hadn't realized that NXT Cup was a B Team Tournament that included BL and 91 Warriors. And Battle on the Bay was also a B Team Tournament that included Igloo and the Texas Mustangs? DN lost by 1 to 91 Bandits at [lacrosse]'s last winter, beat FCA this past summer at Beach Lax and hasn't played LIE to the best of my knowledge. All with no holdbacks, no matter how much haters want to hate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So we are d****d if we do and d****d if we don't.... meaning posters are complaining that we should "look at Team 91 and Legacy in LI" they play up and a couple threads later we have 24s on our team...who are "playing up" right? 2023 team are kids who tried out and made it . Dukes takes the best. Anyone on this forum can have their son tryout...every month these same posters talk about the "money grab" mini camps but have your son tryout and see....My son is a Duke and works hard and is very PROUD TO BE A DUKE!! We've been playing lax since he was 6 now 12 (yes truly 12 on the 2023) and we are from the area and he worked hard to be a DUKE and maintain his roster spot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So we are d****d if we do and d****d if we don't.... meaning posters are complaining that we should "look at Team 91 and Legacy in LI" they play up and a couple threads later we have 24s on our team...who are "playing up" right? 2023 team are kids who tried out and made it . Dukes takes the best. Anyone on this forum can have their son tryout...every month these same posters talk about the "money grab" mini camps but have your son tryout and see....My son is a Duke and works hard and is very PROUD TO BE A DUKE!! We've been playing lax since he was 6 now 12 (yes truly 12 on the 2023) and we are from the area and he worked hard to be a DUKE and maintain his roster spot

If your kid likes it -- stay with it. Who cares about any of the other teams. All that matters is that your son is enjoying his experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid likes it -- stay with it. Who cares about any of the other teams. All that matters is that your son is enjoying his experience.
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Nobody likes sane, rational thoughts around here! You get on the blind, insulting hate train or you get out of here right now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Nobody likes sane, rational thoughts around here! You get on the blind, insulting hate train or you get out of here right now!

LOL. Not sure I'm sane. That might be stretching it. I do know that a lot of the Duke's parents are having issues - but if it is working for his son. Awesome. He just shouldn't get pissed if you son gets bumped down below the line. It's what he signed up for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree..He understands how the depth chart works and he's 12 and hears what people say about it. And notices that some kids don't move from list but "the idea" of the chart I like. (I know I'm going to get alot of flack from that statement) But the idea that boys have to earn and maintain spot I like keeps them hungry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like an awesome kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh I hadn't realized that NXT Cup was a B Team Tournament that included BL and 91 Warriors. And Battle on the Bay was also a B Team Tournament that included Igloo and the Texas Mustangs? DN lost by 1 to 91 Bandits at [lacrosse]'s last winter, beat FCA this past summer at Beach Lax and hasn't played LIE to the best of my knowledge. All with no holdbacks, no matter how much haters want to hate.

Having played against Dukes Nationals and the teams listed above don't kid yourself you are not the best 2023 team in the country. I would give that award to TRUE Nationals. They would spank your 2023 Team just like they did to 91 Bandits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are missing the point. Most of us don't care to play for Dukes Nationals and aren't interested in trying out. The original poster made a point that playing in the tournament that you did was classless and I agree with them. Interesting enough I would also agree with the poster that said you should have simply played UP. Then nobody would have had issue with it. It does beg the question why didn't you play up? Are you kidding everyone knows the club scene well enough to figure out how competitive each and every tournament is PRIOR to it being played. Victory can call it AA but that isn't just a marketing ploy and nothing more. There were certainly AA teams that participated across multiple brackets but there wasn't a single bracket that was a AA BRACKET. Get some cohones and play UP like a good respectable club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The depth chart would be a great idea if you had 40 of the same kids showing up to proactive. What do you tell your kid when he is the 4th attackman on the list but gets bumped for a non paying guest player? Where are the coaches kids on the depth chart I am wondering?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The depth chart would be a great idea if you had 40 of the same kids showing up to proactive. What do you tell your kid when he is the 4th attackman on the list but gets bumped for a non paying guest player? Where are the coaches kids on the depth chart I am wondering?

Coaches kids are ALWAYS above the line......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are missing the point. Most of us don't care to play for Dukes Nationals and aren't interested in trying out. The original poster made a point that playing in the tournament that you did was classless and I agree with them. Interesting enough I would also agree with the poster that said you should have simply played UP. Then nobody would have had issue with it. It does beg the question why didn't you play up? Are you kidding everyone knows the club scene well enough to figure out how competitive each and every tournament is PRIOR to it being played. Victory can call it AA but that isn't just a marketing ploy and nothing more. There were certainly AA teams that participated across multiple brackets but there wasn't a single bracket that was a AA BRACKET. Get some cohones and play UP like a good respectable club

This is not true... the older teams complain about having to play younger teams, it's a waste of time they say. Keep doing what you want Dukes, nobody is ever satisfied. And until we get age brackets anyone complaining about stupid stuff like this is missing the forest for the trees. There is NO integrity in the brackets nor do you ever know exactly what age you are playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having played against Dukes Nationals and the teams listed above don't kid yourself you are not the best 2023 team in the country. I would give that award to TRUE Nationals. They would spank your 2023 Team just like they did to 91 Bandits.

Agree with this poster. Our Team Brotherly Love played both these teams this past summer. True Nationals, I think beat us 6-0 or maybe we got a goal. Although we played our worst game of the tournament there is not no way to sugar coat the end result. However we played Dukes Nationals as well this past summer and I think we lost by 3 something like 9-6 but don't quote me on that. For that game however we were missing three of our best players. TRUE Nationals is a better team and I also think Team 91 Bandits is also better.

Don't get ahead of yourself calling your team the best 2023 team in the country, it is simply untrue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s just stupid. One spent the entire summer below the travel line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are G and Ebe partners? Hearing rumblings that G is going to run the shoe while Ebe shops for a new rug.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sign up for dog eat dog - you get dog eat dog. Don’t blame anyone but yourself. Everyone has a story to [lacrosse] about but there is alway the other side of the coin. Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s just stupid. One spent the entire summer below the travel line.

WHO??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Dukes Nationals MiniCamp is now $85.00 and last year they were $40.00. Same coaches has it improved more than twice as much in 12 months?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So DN parents were forced and hounded for the equipment payment with emails and text to pay right away, but 3 months later no helmet, no bag, no socks, no gloves. Please explain that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is NO Daddy Ball on Duke's Nationals please stop. It's a program. There are zero agenda items.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DN 2024 needs some good coaches. That's why they pulled out of the tournament. They are the weakest team in the program. Parents see the problem. B and C tournaments and the 2024 Coaches come an go ever other month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't make the mortgage payment only charging 40 a person...

Do current DN kids have to pay for the mini camps or are they included?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good thing G replaced the only consistent coaches they had at 2023. Now 2023 will have new coaches every other month too. But keep paying your money!

DN 2024 needs some good coaches. That's why they pulled out of the tournament. They are the weakest team in the program. Parents see the problem. B and C tournaments and the 2024 Coaches come an go ever other month.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good thing G replaced the only consistent coaches they had at 2023. Now 2023 will have new coaches every other month too. But keep paying your money!

Those consistent coaches are still part of the team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mini camps are included in the mini-camp package. Cost is $60/mini camp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mini camps are included in the mini-camp package. Cost is $60/mini camp.

It's only included if you pay for all mini-camps up front ($600 for 10 mini camps), if the current DN players decide to go camp to camp they have to pay the $85 and if they miss the window to register for the camp throw another $15 late fee on top...another complete rip off..give us all your money up front now or pay more later.. What happened to the original cost of $40 per mini-camp and the ability to pay as you go???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not true... the older teams complain about having to play younger teams, it's a waste of time they say. Keep doing what you want Dukes, nobody is ever satisfied. And until we get age brackets anyone complaining about stupid stuff like this is missing the forest for the trees. There is NO integrity in the brackets nor do you ever know exactly what age you are playing.

This is not True...we just played in a tournament that had an outstanding club team playing up. While there were people complaining it was more because they were getting their rear-ends kicked, and lets be frank it is a bit of humble pie to get beaten by a team playing up. Anyway you want to portray it any self respecting team would have played up. Just because your moral compass went haywire don't let the truth elude you. Judging by the scores if you are beating teams 15-0 in pool play and championships....you have picked the wrong bracket, that is just common sense. We have played teams in pool play where we win by blowouts and it isn't fun for either team....the only people that enjoy blowing out a lesser team are those that are jerks in life and it is just a part of their DNA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't doubt the tournament wanted you there it is all about the money and they don't want to cancel tournaments or have brackets of three teams. I agree with the first guy ridiculous and don't think it doesn't hurt your brand and image. I was on the sidelines and people aren't sitting there thinking "wow, good for Dukes Nationals" the comments I heard were 100% negative. The other poster is right if you are going to play in a smaller more local tournament every single team should have played UP.

Look at Team 91 and Legacy in LI they play in the same types of tournaments as well and while they aren't a National Team they play UP. But oh...they don't usually win when they play UP, so it tells me you are a win at all costs club. Wouldn't have it been better for individual player development if each team challenged themselves by playing UP. Classless.

Oh my. You sound like a Monday morning quarterback. Just because you blow out a team doesn't mean that you should have played up. You can only make such observations AFTER the tournament. Why could you assume that you are going to blow out a team in your age group prior to playing them. Any team can get beat.

Under your logic of playing up either the 8th grade team wouldnt play or you would have two Duke age groups play in the same division.
What sense does that make if you have a team in all age groups. For all that they could just scrimmage each other.

Monday morning quarterbacks are the worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is not True...we just played in a tournament that had an outstanding club team playing up. While there were people complaining it was more because they were getting their rear-ends kicked, and lets be frank it is a bit of humble pie to get beaten by a team playing up. Anyway you want to portray it any self respecting team would have played up. Just because your moral compass went haywire don't let the truth elude you. Judging by the scores if you are beating teams 15-0 in pool play and championships....you have picked the wrong bracket, that is just common sense. We have played teams in pool play where we win by blowouts and it isn't fun for either team....the only people that enjoy blowing out a lesser team are those that are jerks in life and it is just a part of their DNA.

So...in other words what I said was correct. I didn't say they had a good reason to complain, I just said they complained. I have a 2023 who will play with his 2021 brother sometimes depending on the circumstances so I have zero problem with anyone playing up. But let's not act like we REALLY know what age we're playing, grade yes, age no.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't think the 2024 team pulled out because of not having good coaches. But stick with that if you beleive it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 35 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard